Noodle Time

Run and Hide (Hiatus)

Work at the noodle shop was normal as usual. Sammy was finishing cleaning the lunch rush hour and Seunghee’s father was making more noodles in the back. Seunghee had the day off so Sammy was the only waitress for the day.

The shop wasn’t busy that afternoon so Sammy was helping her boss make the noodles.

“No no no. You are doing it all wrong.” he said.

Sammy was frustrated but bowed down, “I’m sorry.” she apologized.

He sighed knowing she was doing her best but she was not getting it.

“Again.” he simply said.

But before she could try again the bell went off telling them there was a customer. Sammy sighed but went to grab a menu and a writing pad.

She walked out from behind the counter to greet the customer.

“Hello,” she bowed.

When she got a good at him she noticed how good looking he was. She immediately thought that all the guys in the country must have all been blessed with good genes. Or maybe she just go lucky in meeting cute guys.

“Hello,” the young man said back.

Sammy snapped out of her thoughts and handed him the menu as he sat down, “Can I get you a drink?” she asked.

“Uhh- just water please.” he nodded.

When she returned with his water Sammy recognized the man.

“I’m sorry but weren’t you here the other day?” she asked.

The young man nodded with a grin on his face, “Yes I was.”

“Welcome back.” Sammy smiled, “Do you know what you’d like?”

He glanced at the menu and randomly picked a meal.

“That one is a bit more spicy than normal. Is that fine?” she asked.

“Oh well what do you recommend.” he asked.

She leaned closer to him making his heartbeat increase and palms sweaty. He gulped down his nerves and watched her as her hair danced over her shoulder and swung back and forth.

“Well personally I really love Mr. Shin’s noodles. It’s just like what you ordered but for people with a weaker stomach.” she answered.

He nodded, “Uh yeah that sounds good.”

She smiled, nodded, than left to the back.

The place was empty and Sammy was bored. The meal was being prepared so she went back to the front out to see if the young man needed anything else.

The guy was just sitting there looking out the window. When she walked over he turned his head and when he noticed her, there was a smile on his face. Sammy returned the expression.

“How is everything?” she asked.

“It’s fine.” he nodded.

“That’s good.”

There was an awkward silence between them. Then the bell rang.

 “Order’s ready!” Mr. Shin yelled.

Saved by the bell Sammy thought and went to grab it. When she placed it in front of him there was yet another awkward silence.

“If you need anything just call.” she smiled then turned.

“Wait,” he called causing her to turn around again.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Do you- I mean would it- would it be okay for you to join me?” he asked.

“Ah, I’m not sur-”

“Order’s ready!” Mr. Shin yelled again cutting off Sammy.

Sammy turned to look at him not remembering making another order. She turned back to the customer telling him she would be a moment. When she walked over, there was another bowl of noodles.

“I don’t remember asking for two orders.” she told him.

“It’s time for your break.” he simply said, “You should join it with him.” he gestured to the young man.

Sammy nodded unsure of what he was doing but she listened to him. She took the bowl and went to join the customer.

Mr. Shin watched as the young man beaming at Sammy who was now sitting in front of him. He knew love when he saw it. The old man laughed then went to the back office to give the couple some privacy.

“What’s your name?” Sammy asked.

“Junhyung.” he smiled.

“Sammy,” she nodded.

 “Where are you from?” he asked.

“London.”

“Wow that’s quite a ways.” he exclaimed.

Sammy nodded.

“So what do you do?” she asked wanting to get off the topic of her.

“Oh, nothing important.” he answered.

“Well if it’s nothing important than why don’t you tell me?” she grinned.

He was hesitant to tell her it but since it seemed like she didn’t know right away he decided to not tell the entire truth.

“I work at this is entertainment agency.” he nodded.

Sammy laughed, “Wow it seems like every young person is in the business.”

He nodded, “It seems that way.”

 “Oh I guess we’d better get to eating. I think my noodles are getting cold.” she laughed.

Junhyung laughed along with her and thought to himself that this was the best meal he’s ever had.

The two ate and continued their conversation which jumped from topic to topic. One moment they’re discussing the weather to what their favourite childhood memory was.

Overall you could see the two becoming closer just in those 30 minutes of talking. But when customers started to come in it was time for Sammy to get back to work.

“It was nice talking to you Junhyung.” she smiled.

“Same.” he smiled back.

“I’ll see you around.” she waved then went back to work.

“See ya,” he waved back leaving the store.

As he walked down the street he knew he had a huge grin on his face. On his way back to work he had a perfect melody playing his head.

“Hey bro!” he heard someone call out.

Junhyung glanced across the street to his friend Yoseob.

“Hey man!” he waved.

“Where did you come from?” he asked catching up with him.

“Just from lunch.” he shrugged.

“Are you sure? Because I swear I just seen you talking to that pretty foreigner.” he jabbed him in the gut.

“Yah! What are you doing spying on me?” he yelled.

His friend ran off laughing with Junhyung chasing after him.

 

 

---

A/N

Hi everyone! ^^ how are you?! Well I'm doing pretty fine. I started my summer job but don't worry I'll try to update every other day. I'm sorry for such a short update and the next one might be short too :( but it won't always be like this. Also around of applause to BIGBANG4EVA! She's very smart ^^ I hope you enjoyed this one!

Until next time VIP's! <3