It was an accident!

Run and Hide (Hiatus)

Sammy walked down the street with no destination in mind. She felt the cold wind down her back and sense that winter was coming soon. She zipped up her sweater and continued walking.

She didn’t know how long she walked but she soon found herself on a familiar street. A few more steps and she turned to the driveway to the YG building.

“How did I end up here?” she asked herself.

Sammy turned back around and took out her phone. She dialled Seung hee’s number since she didn’t know the area and wanted her to come pick her up. She didn’t get answer. Sammy dialled again but still no answer.

“Pick up Seung hee.”

She tried again but there was still no answer. Sammy was feeling impatience and stopped calling on her third try. She felt another cold wind and her body shook.

With no other option she continued walking down the street hoping to see a taxi. Then she heard a vehicle pull up beside her.

“Sammy? What are you still doing here?” Seung hyun rolled down his window.

He saw her walking down the street and he was tempted to just simply drive past her. But he noticed that she was shivering. Winter was approaching and he didn’t want her getting sick.

“I actually don’t know.” she laughed.

Seung hyun nodded, “Do you need a ride home?”

He tightened his grip on the wheel as he asked Sammy. His nerves were getting the best of him.

“Yes please!?” she jumped a bit in happiness.

Sammy walked over to Seung hyun who nodded at her to get in. She grinned and got in.

“It’s getting so cold.” she shivered in the warm seat.

Seung hyun nodded and then drove. Sammy sat there in silence. She glanced at him but he kept his face forward and his jaw seemed tight like he was trying to stop himself from talking. Sammy sighed. She wanted to ask what was bugging him but didn’t know how to ask.

“So umm how are you?” she asked.

Sammy felt incredibly stupid and awkward as soon as she asked the question.

“I’m fine.” he coughed.

“That’s good. I was just wondering because you seem... a bit down.” she slowly spoke.

He looked at her and shook his head. He let out a small laugh. That’s an understatement he bitterly thought. He couldn’t believe his luck. At first he told himself that he would go after Sammy but he saw that his buddy seriously liked her so he promised that he would stop but as soon as he promised this he sees her more than he liked too.

He shook his head again; “I’m fine.” he smiled at her for extra measure.

Sammy didn’t believe it but she didn’t want to push him so she nodded, “Okay. That’s good. I’m glad.”

After she spoke there was silence in the car again. Sammy stayed quiet because she didn’t know what to say to make things comfortable again and Seung hyun didn’t want to talk because he still had feelings for her.

It was a long quiet drive.

When he finally parked in front of her place she unbuckled her seat. She didn’t want to leave the car with the air around them being so awkward.

“Seung hyun oppa?” she asked and turned to him.

He nodded but kept his eyes forward.

“Look at me.” she told him.

“What is it Sammy?” he asked, eyes still forward.

Sammy sighed and moved closer to him, “Look at me.” she asked again.

Seung hyun stopped breathing and his grip around the wheel tightened. He could feel the warm breath leaving as she spoke. What was she doing? Seung hyun dared not move an inch because if he did he would regret it.

“Seung hyun, please look at me?” she asked.

But when he didn’t answer her Sammy felt frustrated. With no other choice she placed both of her hands on the sides of his face and faced him to her. Then her eyes widened. She didn’t realize how close she was to him but it was already too late.

They kissed.

She felt the warmth from his lips as they touched hers.

Seung hyun froze. He stared right into Sammy’s eyes, who looked completely shocked, and then he pulled away.

“Sammy,” he began.

She backed up and opened her door, “I’m sorry. I- I didn’t mean for that to happen.” she was in a daze.

“Wait, I think we should—” she closed the door on him as he spoke.

He watched her go around the car and before she went inside she glanced back at him. Her hand was touching her lips and that made him get out of the car. She looked nervous as he walked over to her and made no move to go inside.

“Seung hyun,” she whispered.

He walked right up to her and pulled her into his warm embrace. He looked into the sky and wished that he didn’t feel this way. He wished he didn’t have to hurt his friend just for himself to be happy. He held onto Sammy tighter.

Sammy wrapped her arms around him and hid her face in his brown coat. She had tears in her eyes. She didn’t know where they came from but they were there, falling down her cheeks and getting his coat wet.

When a cold gust of wind hit them Seung hyun finally loosened his arms. Sammy looked up at him confused.

“Come on, let’s go upstairs.” he told her.

She nodded and opened the door again. Seung hyun grabbed her hand and took her upstairs.

She stared at him as they walked up. She didn’t know how to feel about him. Their accidental kiss had done something to her. It wasn’t even five minutes ago that it happened but she wanted to kiss him again. She never had a kiss that wonderful before. It wasn’t even a proper kiss it was more of a brush of the lips. But the brush of his lips on hers was enough for her to open her eyes.

They stopped in front of her door and she quickly unlocked the door.

She walked in first and went straight for the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of water and drank it quickly. Seung hyun took off his coat and made himself comfortable on the couch.

Sammy joined him shortly after refilling her cup.

The two sat there in silence both mulling over the situation.

“What does this mean now?” she asked breaking the silence.

Seung hyun let out a deep breath and looked at her.

“I like you Sammy.” he told her confidently, “and... and that kiss just proved it for me.”

Sammy eyes widened and her heart was pumping rapidly. He liked her. Seung hyun, this amazingly good looking man has feelings for her. She took a sip of her water and then placed in on the side table.

“I... I...” she didn’t know what to say.

She stood up and walked back and forth a few times. Then she stopped in front of him. He looked nervous but stared up at her ready to hear what she had to say.

“I like you too,” she spoke softly and he smiled, “I think.” she finished her sentence.

Then his smile dropped.

“I’m sorry. I’m just so bloody confused.”

He nodded, “I know.” and then he got up.

“Where are you going?” she panicked when he made his way to the door.

“I’m just getting a glass of water.” he reassured her.

Sammy nodded, “Sorry, I just don’t want you to leave without resolving this.”

He smiled then went to the kitchen. Sammy went to sit back on the couch. She crossed her legs and started thinking. Does she like Seung hyun? Of course there was the instant attraction due to his handsome features but... does she truly like him? Past the good looks and charm was their some affection for him?

Sammy groaned and hid her face into a pillow. Then Jun hyung came to mind and then Young bae followed. She hugged the pillow thinking of the two.

She could guess that both of them liked her but as she thought of them, the word friend followed. She knew that nothing more would come of her friendship with both Young bae and Jun hyung. Sammy groaned again and dropped to a laying position on the couch. She would have to let them know so she wouldn’t lead them on anymore. She didn’t want to hurt either of them.

“Sammy?” Seung hyun called out.

She sat back up and fixed her hair quickly.

“Yes,” she answered.

He came and sat down next to her and handed her tea. She thanked him and took a quick sip.

“So...” she spoke leaving it to him to start the conversation.

“So,” he agreed.

“Yah! You start.” she pouted.

Seung hyun let out a deep chuckled and turned his body towards her, “Where should we start?”

“Are we still friends?” she pulled at her sweater feeling awkward.

“I don’t want to be just your friend. I have enough friends.” he said slowly.

He inched closer to her face and brushed her hair over her shoulders. Sammy shivered and stared at his deep brown eyes. He was only inches from her lips.

“Hey! Why are you so confident all of a sudden?” she suddenly pushed him back.

Seung hyun sighed and stood up. Sammy hoped she didn’t make him mad. She was only teasing.

“I’m a terrible friend.” he rubbed his face.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“I made a promise to myself.” he laughed, “A promise that I only made today and I’ve already broken It.” he kicked the air.

Sammy was taken back, “A promise? What promise?”

“It was for Young bae. I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. I promised that I wouldn’t try to date you.” he sat back down and held his head in shame.

She scooted over to him and patted his back, “Yeah you’re in a pickle alright.” she laughed.

He glared at her, “Is this a time to be laughing? I’m a bad friend!”

“No you’re not.” she smiled.

“I am.”

She shook her head, “You tried didn’t you? That’s why you were acting all weird towards me in the car.”

He nodded and grabbed the pillow she was holding. Now it was his turn to hide his face with it. Sammy smiled and thought it was cute of him to act this way. She pulled the pillow down and rested her chin on his shoulder.

“You are a good friend Seung hyun.” she patted his head, “You shouldn’t worry. It’s not like we’re dating anyways.” she shrugged and backed away from him.

Seung hyun face lit up and he nodded.

“No, we’re not.”

Sammy nodded, “It was a mistake, a simple accident on my part.”

“But you know that I like you.” he hid his face with the pillow again.

She laughed quietly at him and sat back.

“Yes and I like you.” she nodded, “So what do we do now?”

He looked at her with raised eyebrows, “What did you say?”

“What do we do now?”

“No before that.” he moved closer to her.

Sammy smirked and moved closer to him too, “I like you too.” she said slowly.

 ----

A/N

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading! I hope the confession wasn't so sudden! I was getting bored with it and wanted to speed it up! More to come later!