A Late Night Snack

Run and Hide (Hiatus)

When she woke up the sun was down and the time on her clock read that it was quarter after nine. She’d been asleep for four hours and a bit groggy from her nap. As she got up her stomach was rumbling from hunger.

“Am I really that hungry?” she patted her stomach.

Sammy looked in the fridge but nothing looked appetizing to her. What she was craving was an American styled burger and fries. She got ready to leave and search for a McDonalds or something similar.

She walked down to the bus stop taking it downtown. When she got there she wandered the streets searching for a restaurant. It didn’t take long and soon enough she was eating at a booth by herself.

Sammy knew she was reclusive by nature and she actually enjoyed it when she had time to herself. She loved the people she had met but sometimes it was nice to have alone time.

Soon enough she found a McDonald’s and was soon in line. She was enjoying her fries when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around still chewing her fries and there was one of the members she had dressed this morning. Well she guessed it was him because this guy was dressed in some sort of a disguise.

It wasn’t much of one actually. All he had on was really dark glasses, a scarf, and a hat.

“Oh!” she exclaimed, “Seunghyun right?”

He nodded and smiled down at her taking off his glasses revealing those eyes she seen staring at her at this morning. Sammy smiled back feeling her cheeks getting red. She coughed nervously and glanced behind him.

“Are you here by yourself?” she asked when she didn’t see anyone else.

“Yeah, I needed a late night snack.” he grinned, “Are you by yourself too?” he asked.

She nodded.

“No boyfriend?” he asked with raised eyebrows.

Sammy shook her head, “Ah no. I have no boyfriend.”

“Really?” he sounded happy, “Do you mind if I join you after I get my meal?” he asked.

“Um yeah of course.” she nodded.

He left to get into line and Sammy continued to eat her food. It wasn’t long before he was sitting in front of her. She smiled at him and dunked her fries in ketchup. She didn’t want to keep looking at him because he had the most intense smile ever!

“So why are you here so late?” he asked.

“I was craving a burger.” Sammy answered shyly.

Seunghyun nodded and started to eat his burger. He looked to be enjoying it a lot and it made Sammy giggle. He looked up at her.

“What?” he asked.

“It’s nothing you just really like your food.” she smiled.

“It’s a damn good burger though!” he grinned, “I never get to splurge on this food.” he admitted.

“Yeah I guess with an occupation like yours one can’t have greasy food whenever they like too.” she nodded.

“That is so very true.” he agreed, “I’ll probably have to hit the gym an extra day just to work this off.”

Sammy hid her giggle from him because she would have never guess that he worked out but she agreed out of politeness and the two went back to eating in silence. Sammy was done way before Seunghyun and she stood up to leave.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I need to catch the bus in ten minutes.” she told him; “So it was nice to see you again.” she smiled.

“Aren’t you going to wait for me?” he asked with a pout.

“I would but I really need to catch this one or I’ll have to wait another hour for the next one and I’m really tired.”

“I’ll drive you home.” he told her, “Sit down.”

Sammy stood there not knowing what to do, “Are you sure?” she asked.

He nodded, “Yeah, why would I offer if I wasn’t sure?” he smirked; “Besides the buses stop at midnight.”

“Okay if you’re sure.” she sighed and sat back down.

She glanced at her watch and it was only 10:30 p.m.

The two sat there while Seunghyun ate in silence. Sammy was getting tired and she had to work the next morning. She wished he would hurry up. So she placed her head on her palm and stared fiddled with her purse strap to pass the time.

“So where are you from?” he suddenly asked.

Sammy looked up finding his eyes on her. She had to look down to answer. His eyes were too intense for her to look at for a long time.

“London.” she answered.

“Oh, that explains that little accent you have in your Korean.” he nodded taking a sip of his drink.

“Accent?” she was surprised.

He chuckled and sat back, “You don’t hear it?”

She shook her head.

“Say something?” he leaned forward.

“What?”

“Say something?” he urged her with his eyes.

“Something?” she spoke.

He chuckled again, “You’re funny”

Sammy shrugged, “So are you done?” she asked quickly feeling more tired and exhausted.

He nodded and wiped his mouth with a napkin. She walked over to the door and waited as he threw out his garbage.

“Ready?” he asked.

Sammy nodded and walked out the door with Seunghyun behind her. He quickly walked up beside her and led her to the car. He opened the car door for her and she nodded awkwardly at him before getting in. She watched him walk around the car and couldn’t help but realize that he was extremely handsome and that she was going to be in a 20 minute car ride home with him. She kept her gaze forward as he got in and she kept looking forward as he drove.

She watched the lights go by her. Seunghyun was glancing every now and then at her wondering what she was thinking.

Sammy at that same moment was thinking of home. Well mostly she was thinking of her older brother Harry. She missed him the most out of her family. Harry knew how hard their family was on them and they would always have these long talks in the kitchen eating a bowl of ice cream. She missed those times.

“It’s been a year.” she whispered.

“What’s that?” Seunghyun asked.

Sammy looked at him and remembered she was in a car with him. She coughed and sat up straight looking straight ahead again.

“Oh, nothing.” she smiled.

“No I’m sure you said something.”

She shook her head, “No. I said nothing.”

Then she pushed the CD button on the stereo because she wanted to move onto a different topic. She looked at Seunghyun before approval. There was a smile on his face so she guessed it was ok.

The music that came on was a soft ballad. Sammy immediately loved it and bobbed her head to the beat.

“Who are these guys?” she asked.

Seunghyun glanced at her, “They’re Beast. They’re another idol group.”

“I like them.” she smiled and sat back listening to the music.

“Do you listen to Korean music?” he asked.

Sammy shook her head, “Nope, this is the first time I’m hearing it.”

“Are you serious?”  He asked in a surprised tone.

“Yes,” Sammy answered, “I don’t even know what group you are a part of.” she blurted out.

Seunghyun slowed down at a red light then looked at Sammy dubiously. Sammy finally looked at him.

“What?” she asked leaning away from him.

“I can’t- I can’t,” he chuckled then looked ahead.

“What?” she laughed along with him.

“Nothing. So where do you live?” he hummed.

Sammy rolled her eyes glancing out the window to see where the area they were in. Sammy hadn’t realized but they were only a few blocks away from her place.

“It’s just around the corner past that noodle shop.” she pointed.

Seunghyun nodded taking the turn and stopped just a building down from her apartment.

“Thank you,” she nodded her head while unbuckling.

Seunghyun was already outside when she looked to him. He made his way around the car and opened her door. Sammy smiled at him and stepped out.

“Thank you.” she bowed.

“Can I walk you to your door?” he asked.

“No it’s fine.” she smiled politely.

“But it’s dark out.”

“I’m only going to that building.” she pointed to the next one over.

He noticed the short distance and sighed. “That’s good.” he turned to her smiling.

“Have a good night.” she waved and began walking.

Seunghyun continued watching her and before she went inside a voice called out her name. He watched as girl ran up to her giving her a hug. He watched them and the unknown girl was holding a bunch of bags. The two of them laughed and Sammy helped her friend inside.

When the door closed and he noticed them walking up the stairs he decided it was time to leave. But as he began to turn to his car he recognized someone.

“Eunmi?” he called out.

The girl turned around, “TOP?” she asked.

“Yeah. You live here?” he asked.

“Yes,” she nodded walking over to him, “Oppa why are you here?”

“I was in the neighbour visiting a relative of mine.” he lied.

“Oh that’s nice.” she smiled, “It was nice seeing you. I have to go now. It’s really late.” she waved then began walking back.

“Uh- wait Eunmi can I ask you something?” he called her back.

Eunmi looked him.

“Are you friends with...” he stopped himself when he finally realized that he’d never gotten her name.

“Friends with?” Eunmi interrupted his revelation.

“The girl you got to cover for today?” he asked scratching his head as a feeling of embarrassment washed over him.

“Oh Sammy? Yes we’re friends. She lives here actually.” she slowed down her sentence when it all made sense to her.

“Oppa, you don’t happen to like Sammy?” she grinned.

He looked at her trying to hide his grin, “Of course not. We’re not allowed to date within the company remember?”

“True but she doesn’t have a job with YG.” Eunmi nodded.

Seunghyun looked at her with hidden happiness.

“Really? You don’t say?” he smiled looking at the lights that had just .

 

 

---

A/N

Okay so I'll let you guys in on a secret. I'm not entirely sure of who her main relationship will be with. I have three possible guys in this story. ^^

So it's up in the air at the moment. But thank you to the subscribers and for those awesome VIP's who are commenting. Thank you so much! <3 Until next time VIP's! (p.s. sorry for any mistakes.)