Myungber: Unrequited Love

Our Time Together~INFINITBer Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unrequited Love

 

 

It was unrequited love. 


For all these years Myungsoo had been watching her back and being the "shadow hero". Not necessarily a "hero" but a person in behind the scenes who observes everything in the back of the curtains and makes sure the main show must go on. And of course he is also one of the main stars of the show.


When Myungsoo was a sophomore in high school, he had moved to America for family reasons. He was Korean so language was a problem. All of Myungsoo's friends was back in the Seoul that was a problem. He didn't know how to get around the place that was a problem. At least the country has a beautiful beach with palm trees. That became his special place when he would become down. 



When high school started, he knew he will be that "needle in the hay". He is that needle where no one can find him. But there was this one girl who left a deep impression. She who found him in all that hay. They have the same chemistry class together. When the teacher had assign them together as chemistry partners, that’s when things started to click. 



Slowly Myungsoo started to open up to this girl. Her name was Amber. She was different from other girls that he met from Korea. She had short pixie cut with tattoos on her body. She prefers boyish clothes over girly ones. He found out that Amber was well liked and very popular not only with boys and also girls. He felt inferior to Amber. Myungsoo was still that needle where no one knew him.



Days after days, months after months, Myungsoo was getting notice by the girls when he started to join the basketball team. He became popular with the boys when he was caught hanging out with the popular Amber. Soon Myungsoo and Amber became the school sensation. They were named the K duo. For fun, Amber suggested to make a two man band where Myungsoo was the guitarist and Amber was the lead singer. For the rest of the high school years they became the most know high school duo band in the town. Now Myungsoo and Amber was in their last year of high school, they were famous more than ever. It was because of their new drummer who just joined their band. Now they were a trio. And Myungsoo doesn’t seem to like the new member.



"Ok ok, everyone take five." Amber says as the song came to an end. Myungsoo snap out of his thoughts as Amber's mellow voice called out to the band. It has been 2 months since the new member had join the band. They have been practicing for their next and upcoming gig around the block. During these weeks, Amber had been closer to the newbie than ever. Eating out together, hanging out without Myungsoo. He's got to admit, Myungsoo pretty jealous. Ever since Myungsoo met Amber in high school, she had a special place in Myungsoo heart. Of course, Myungsoo would feel pretty crushed, Amber was his only best friend.



Myungsoo takes off his guitar from his shoulder that was supported by the strap and took a cloth and started to clean it. They took Amber’s garage as a practice room for the band. Myungsoo’s got to admit that the garage is pretty big from normal houses. Myungsoo sat in his favorite chair near the corner. On the other side of the room he sees Amber sitting with the newbie on the couch. Myungsoo stares at him with animosity. He watches Amber laugh at the newbie's joke as she playfully hit his arm. Myungsoo longs for Amber to do those kinds of things to him and laugh brightest when she is with him.



This unrequited love was going on for too long. Ever since that day he has these special feelings for Amber. As she down to earth and the only one to talk to him. He was alienated from the others because he didn't know how to communicate in English, or would have a weird accent when he would try to speak. Because of this, Myungsoo was made fun of. Amber was the only one who slowly taught him how to speak and learn to write and read. The thought of him and Amber communicating without any problems strived him to learn and study hard. Now he is like average American boy who ace every English test. It was all because he wanted to get to know and understand Amber. 



"Hello~?" Amber sang. "Earth to Kim to the Myung to the Soo." Peered in front of Myungsoo's face. Her big eyes stared straight into Myungsoo eyes. Myungsoo dropped his head to hide the fact that he has blushed. “Where’s the newbie?" Myungsoo asked as he looked around the garage. "Stop calling him newbie L, his name is Kris Wu. He's been with us 2 months already." Amber look unamused of the fact Myungsoo is still being cold towards Kris, the newbie drummer. Myungsoo does have a rep of being the cold hearted prince. 



"He says he has plans with his friends." Myungsoo senses there was a touch of sadness in her voice. His heart clenched. 



"You really like him don't you Am." Myungsoo asked even though he knew the answer to this question. Amber shyly looks to the ground. 



Without her answering Myungsoo knew the answer. Ever since the newbie came to this school this year, the school became in uproar. The girls fell head over heels in love with the newbie because of his looks and his body. He was even as popular as Myungsoo or even more. Myungsoo didn't care about popularity as long he was best buds with Amber. Nothing is worth as much as Amber, nothing.



Amber was equally as popular as Newbie aka Kris and Myungsoo known as L. She might even be more popular. That's why their band was popular. The top 3 popular students had formed a band. The weird thing was that Kris didn't talk to anyone but Amber in the first three months since 4th year started. In those three months they got pretty close. However, during those one month and a half, Myungsoo and his family was off vacation in Korea. When Myungsoo came back, Myungsoo had no idea what had hit high school. Everyone was talking about this new kid and Amber. 



That was 5 months ago, and it was just two months ago that the popular drummer boy had joined them. Ever since then Amber has been slowly developing feelings for Kris, meanwhile Myungsoo’s feelings grows too. Though this whole Kris situation had made Myungsoo and Amber’s relationship closer than ever. They would often have late night gossips. On rare occasions, Amber would sleep over because of her long interactions-with-Kris stories.


“I want to tell him L.” Amber boldly says which took Myungsoo off guard. Myungsoo’s heart clenched. Myungsoo stood there still cleaning his guitar as he listens to Amber’s commentary. Myungsoo tried to not show the hurt expression that wears on his face.



“I sense that Kris might have feelings for me.” Amber clutched her hands together like a little kid getting what she wished for. “What makes you think like that?” Myungsoo asks trying not to sound jealous. Amber starts to pace back and forth. “Well… When Kris and I would go out, he would pay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter