Estrovia

Star-crossed

 

“Your highness…?”

 

“It’s okay, Kyung Soo. I know her,” the prince said. “Guard the area, don’t let anybody sees us.” The prince ordered and Kyung Soo nodded his head obediently. Soon he left us alone and went to do his guarding duties.

 

“You’re a prince? Prince of Estrovia?” I started, breaking the silence. I cringed when I touched the scar on my neck, the blood still warm and sticky. Weird though, I don’t feel much pain.

 

“Yes,” he replied, “What are you doing here? Didn’t I say not to come back again?”

 

I pulled my lip into a thin line. How am I supposed to show him? “Look, I need help. And I thought you could help me.” I said. He raised his brow, amusement flickered across his face.

 

“Why should I help you? Aren’t I supposed to kill and murder?” the prince said with a smirk, leaning his face towards me. His orbs glowed blue and I immediately thought of mine turning violet. I pushed his head away with my finger.

 

“I’m sorry if I offended you, but I think I maybe one of you too.” I said, pacing around. “I don’t know how to start and I’m... scared…” I finally admitted, my voice came out barely a whisper.

 

“What do you mean?” Kai asked, putting his hand on my shoulder and stopping me from moving. That mere touch made my heart flutter. I composed myself and faced him again.

 

“It’s just - ” I exhaled.

 

“Go on, say it.”

 

“I don’t know how to say it. I’ll show it to you,” I said and closed my eyes. His hand left my shoulder and I felt his gaze on my every movement. I tried to recall that night when I changed – a thousand of feelings merged into one. I remembered wielding water, ice, wind, fire and earth. These five elements just appeared in my head. The wind picked up speed around me, slowly engulfing my body like a fabric, shifting and tugging my clothes.

 

When the wind died down, I could hear it – I could hear all kinds of sound in the Forest, all coming to me in one go. I pedaled back, my head spun around. “Are you all right?” the prince managed to grab my wrist before I fell and my eyes snapped opened. His touch seared my skin again. I have to stop feeling like this whenever he touches me.

 

“Y-yea…” I mumbled, feeling as confused as ever. Did anything happen?

 

“You look…” he let my hand go and stared into me. His dark orbs boring into mine and his lips parted slightly, as if he’s surprised. I pinked.

 

“What?”

 

“Wow, you’re so beautiful,” he whispered. The wind caught his words and travelled into my ears. My face grew even redder. Did I change successfully? He stepped closer to me again and took a couple of strands of my hair and gentle brush it, as if that is the most precious thing to him. My hair was white again. I sighed, glad that I changed correctly.

 

“Thanks. I think I look creepy though.” I said softly. He averted his gaze back to my eyes again.

 

“Don’t say that. You’re really special. The first violet eyes I’ve ever seen.” He said, still staring into my eyes. I blinked and turned my head away from him. But he placed a finger under my chin and shifted back in position. “Don’t move. I’m still looking,” he ordered and I scowled, pushing his hand away.

 

“I’m sorry to be rude but it’s getting late. Are you going to help me or not?” I snapped. The prince stared, taken aback by my rudeness. “I have no idea what is going on with me. Just two days back I was normal, until I met you. And then this thing happened. I don’t think is a coincidence though. Did you, like, maybe put some poison or something?”

 

He glowered. “Do you think it’s easy to be an Estrovian?”

 

I frowned at him.

 

“I will only help you if you stop being so stereotypical about Estrovians. Come with me,” he ordered again but stopped when he noticed I didn’t move along with him. “Fine. Come with me, please.” He added the word please.

 

I followed his lead as we trekked uphill again. I wasn’t thirst hungry nor exhausted anymore. This change might have healed me and I don’t even have problem walking quickly. Soon, Kyung Soo – the prince’s guard joined us.

 

“Is she…?”

 

“Yea, she’s one of us.” The prince replied.

 

“Cool.” Kyung Soo turned to me. “I’m sorry I did that to your neck. I hope it doesn’t hurt.”

 

I shook my head, showing him that it’s fine. “No worries.”

 

After climbing uphill the Forest, we finally reached the gates to Estrovia. I calmed my breaths, assuring myself that everything’s going to be fine and that I won’t get chopped by them the moment I step in. The soldiers standing in one uniform line went down on one knee when they spotted their prince arriving.

 

“Your Highness,” they greeted in perfect unison. One of them called out to open the gate.

 

“Rise,” the prince said. They split apart and he walked past them. I followed behind him, head lowered down. One of the soldiers stopped me from walking.

 

“Stop. Who are you?” he demanded, sneering at me.

 

“Let her go. She’s with me,” he said. The soldier lowered his spear and stepped aside. I quickly caught up with the prince. We waited for the tall metal gate to open up. I gasped in shock when I finally witnessed how Estrovia looks like. My mouth opened wide, eyes rounded in surprise.

 

“Amazing,” I managed to say. Estrovia is nothing like Earth. There is no fancy cars on the road nor tall, skyscraper buildings towering the city. Instead, people rode horses for travelling purposes. From my view here, I could see that this is one of the most crowded places in the city. The streets were packed with Estrovians walking around and shopping at stalls that were placed outside.

 

The people here either wore suits or dresses nobody wears shirt and pants. It feels like I travelled back in time. The prince walked ahead again and I followed blindly, my eyes were busy looking around the place. Everything seemed foreign yet familiar and surreal – it’s like I came here before and yet it’s my first time here. Very nostalgic. Every one here either had different coloured hair and eyes. It seemed perfectly normal though.

 

I didn’t even notice the prince shifted back to his Estrovian form and the people greeted him with wide smiles when he walked past them. He greeted them back too.

 

Unlike what my textbooks says, the Estrovians are just like the humans – normal. They look so happy and blissful and I knew I was wrong about them. No, not me. The entire Earth City had been wrong about them. But why? Why would they do this to the Estrovians? Why would they accuse them of such stuff?

 

We walked one big round around the City and finally back to the gate. The prince leaned against the wall with his arms crossed and he tilted his head up. “So, what do you think? Are we still murderers?”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him. Is he mocking me? “W-well, I can’t be so sure. You may have only showed me the good side of your city.” The sun has started to set and the world around us dimmed. There’s no electricity here, the only thing that provide lights was the fire.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that. We’ll have more chances to see my world.” He said, smiling. I still can't get used to his lightning blue eyes that always never fails to me in. At some point his eyes started to turn stormy gray but maybe it was just the poor lighting. 

 

“So are you willing to help me?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

My eyes lit up. “When do we start? Now? But it’s already getting late…”

 

“Relax… Oh wait, I still don’t know your name. I’m Kai, by the way.” He said. “What’s yours?”

 

Kai... Kai… Even his name sounds so unique. “I’m Kyung Mi.”

 

“Cute name for a feisty girl.” He stated, chuckling. “I’ll meet you back in the Forest around the same timing today. Is that all right?”

 

My face fell. “Why not now? I’m scared I’ll shift in class. I don’t want to shift in front of my classmates.”

 

Kai pivoted and dug his pocket for something. He took out a silver bracelet and took my wrist.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Just take it as our token of acquaintance. It’ll prevent you from shifting unexpectedly,” he wrapped the bracelet around my wrist and gently fastened it together. I felt the powers draining from me and I knew I was back to normal.

 

“I’ll open up a portal for you. You just have to imagine your room and you’ll be there, understood?” he asked.

 

“Yea, okay. I get it.”

 

Kai snapped his fingers and immediately a white glowing light appeared. His hand hovered behind my back as he leaned forward and whispered into my ear. “Have a safe trip, Kyung Mi-ah.” 

 

And he pushed me into the portal. 

 


A/N: 

I'm sorry if it feels like this story is getting nowhere. I'm always not a fan of intros and i want to introduce every important character slowly and not rush into the story. :) 

Hope i don't bore you guys. :'(