Bizarre

Star-crossed

 

“Not my real name…? What does that mean?” I took a while to process what Kai had just said. Everything is messier than before. Even with this training – it’s worst. I must meet my Dad. He’ll tell me everything.

 

I supposed, if nothing goes wrong. I scrambled up from the ground and paced around, pursing my lip and thinking how to approach my Dad later on. Should I just tell him the truth? But what if he doesn’t believe it? Kai reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me back. A wave of static electricity shocked me from my thoughts from where he touched. Kai needs to stop doing that.

 

“Kyung Mi-ah? You fine?” Concern etched in his eyes.

 

“Y-yea. I gotta go now, Kai. I’ll see you tomorrow?” I said quickly.

 

“Sure. Same place, same time?” Kai said, slipping the bracelet back to my wrist. The world seemed to darkened a bit and it’s just doesn’t feel right.

 

I mustered a smile. “Okay. Portal?”

 

He let out a chuckle, hands slowing slipping away from my arms, as if he was forced too. His fingers brushed against mine as the last of the warmth left me. “You’re so lazy.” Kai opened up a portal for me to slip through back into my room. The white, translucent light appeared just in front of me, swirling around in circles, beckoning for me to go in.

 

“Thanks for today, Kai.” I said, turning back. “Oh and please, don’t push me.”

 

He raised both his hands up innocently and shrugged his shoulders. “I won’t, I won’t. Go ahead.” He said, flicking his fingers. Behind him, his guard – Kyungsoo, emerged. Wow, his guard is really good at hiding and protecting him. I tipped my head and lit a smile.

 

Then, I went into the portal.

 

**

 

I was back into my room the next second, safe and sound. Dusk was approaching which also means Dad should be home from work. I quickly took a quick shower before one of the maids come up to tell me that dinner’s ready. Keeping myself calm, I descended the stairs and headed toward the dining hall.

 

Disappointment greeted me when there’s only one food serving for me. I guess he won’t be back soon. The afternoon training must’ve taken a toll on me, as I actually felt hungry. Ravenous even. I chugged my food down and eat as though I starved for days.

 

“By the way, where’s Dad?” I asked the servant who was standing behind me while I ate.

 

“He’s dealing with something, Miss. Most probably he’s still in his office.” She replied, refilling my glass of water.

 

“Oh…” I trailed and chewed on my food slowly, thinking whether should I drop by his office instead but shrugged that idea off since his office is off-bounds to non-staff. I guess questions will be asked later.

 

**

 

For the next three days, it’s been really weird. Firstly, Kai was not there when I waited for him and so I practiced mediating by myself in the Forbidden Forest until night. But he still didn’t appear. Maybe it’s the wrong meeting place but I doubt so. I went back again the next day, thinking he’ll appear but no.

 

Even in school, L wasn’t there to teach us. All his lessons taken by him were cancelled. Some said he went for some extra training course with my Dad but it’s just… weird. Like ‘poof’ he went missing without a reason. And I swear, the Guard Academy has been acting suspicious too.

 

Everything felt so cynical, like things are deliberately trying to hide away from me. I my communicator, scrolled my contact list and my finger hovered above ‘Dad’. Should I call him and ask him whether I can drop by at his office? I paced back and forth just outside my room; I always does this whenever I grew panicky and what not. I nearly – almost pressed the ‘call’ button but something, no someone crashed into my room.

 

Closing off the communicator screen, I grew wary of my surroundings. Since it was just mid afternoon, being able to see was no problem. I stepped into my room and looked around. Anticipation buzzed my veins. The curtains were closed behind the balcony and I had a gut feeling that the person was in my balcony.

 

A groaning sound was heard, coming from the balcony like I’d expected it. As I approached it cautiously, the moans grew louder and more distinct. Fear gripped my chest as I draw the curtains back, praying that I’ll not see a monster or some sort.

 

A loud gasp escaped through my lips when I found who was lying on the ground. He was lying on his own pool of blood and the little remnants of the portal still sparkled around him. His dark brown hair was matted with blood and gosh, a long sword wound sliced from his chest area all the way to his abdomen. I rushed towards him, panicking tears threatened to leak from my eyes as I felt for his pulse.

 

Kai’s heart was still beating, but very slowly. His breathing was labored and what comes out from his mouth was more blood. “Kai. Kai!” I shook his cheek, checking if he’ll response but there’s none. He’s bleeding so badly that for a moment I thought he’ll just die of blood lost, right here.

 

Think, Kyung Mi, THINK!

 

Hurriedly, I rushed into my bathroom and grab all the clean towels I had and brought it over here. While applying pressure on his wounds, I was tempted to call the doctors – but what if they know that he’s an Estrovian? They’ll kill him straight away instead of treating him.

 

Kai looked like death, his face was too pale that it almost looked purplish oh my God, he’s literally bleeding everywhere. Kai started groaning again and I hushed him, telling him that everything is going to be all right. But I knew, deep down it’s not. I felt for his forehead, he was burning up already.

 

I have no idea what to do in this situation, and not sure if Estrovians have powers to heal themselves quickly but for now, I know Kai is dying and I’m the only one who can save him. There’s a reason why he escaped here – to the Human world, instead of Estrovia. Something bad is going on within Estrovia and somehow I knew my Dad is connected to it.


A/N: Sorry for the slow updates. Was rushing for projects urghh fml. Sorry *bows*
Good news is... SCHOOL'S OUT! Which means more UPDATES!

Bad news is... *DUM DUM DUMmMMMm* 
CLIFFHANGER. 

But don't worry. The next chapter will be out very soon. So stay tuned!
<3