**New Places and Unanswered Questions

Protector of Idols **Reformatted**
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Author's note: This is original chapters 9-10

 

 

You pull open the door to the room and find all 6 members still sitting across the couch in the same positions. 

They must be scared straight now, your mind retorts. "Okay now with the formalities out of the way, it's time to go."

You motion for the boys to follow you, but they just look at each other.

"Where are we going exactly?" N is the first to speak. His voice is shaky, but firm.

"To your dorm, of course," you answer him knowing that it's a bit of a white lie.

"What about our clothes?" N pulls on the gray sweat suit you had had them change into before.

Seo Hyuk goes over and picks up the black suitcase that he had packed their clothes into earlier. You turn to face N straight on and put one hand on your hip showing your annoyance with their lack of cooperation.

"It was necessary to have you change so it would be easier to attach your trackers. You can change when you get to your dorm if you are uncomfortable. Anything else?" They all exchange glances with each other, but remain silent. "Ok, then gaja."

You motion for them again to get up and this time they all rise. You lead them back through the maze to the elevator that goes to the parking garage with Seo Hyuk at the back of the procession. The elevator doors open and you all file in.

As you glance at the back corner, memories of your earlier encounter with Leo surface and your heart skips a beat. You consciously stand close to the controls at the front to avoid being stuck in the same situation. Unfortunately, you notice that Leo is one of the last to get in and he stands next to you. You take a deep breath and push the button.

The elevator opens onto the parking garage floor where you had left your vehicle and you glance up at the camera positioned just outside the doors. In your ear, you hear Cha Jin report the area is cleared. You nod at Seo Hyuk and lead everyone from the elevator. You click the unlock button as you get closer and the members start filing into the back seats. 

You can see out of the corner of your eye Leo tilting his head and looking at you. You glance over at him and he is looking at your cheek with a confused expression. Instinctively, you reach up and touch your cheek but you don't feel anything there. 

"Waeyo?" you ask him in a whisper so you don't catch everyone's attention.

Leo steps closer and raises his hand to your cheek. He gently drags his thumb down it.

"Aniyo. I thought you were cut earlier, but you look fine now."

Your whole body goes cold as the sudden realization hits you. Yes, you were cut earlier. The mutant creature had swiped at your face with its claw and you were positive it broke skin. However you didn't think twice about it since your body heals faster than a human's.... because you aren't human.

You quickly force a laugh and push Leo's hand off your cheek adjusting your glasses that shifted a little.

"No, I'm fine. No cut here." 

You can tell your answer sounds completely fake, but you hope Leo won't notice. He does notice and gives you a confused look. You clear your throat and glance at the open door. All the other members have gotten in, so it is just you and Leo standing outside.

"Ta," you say as you motion with your chin for him to get in.

Much to your relief, he obliges and climbs in. You let out the breath you had been holding and climb in the driver's seat. 

 

It's already late and dark outside. You drive through the streets swiftly to your destination with not so much as a hint of Them, which you found slightly odd. Once idols were on The List, they were hot targets, especially at night.

Behind you, you can hear light chatter from some of your passengers, and you wait for them to speak up about you going the 'wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter