Morning Meal

Protector of Idols **Reformatted**
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, you finish getting dressed and head out to the central room. Leo had gotten up and left right after you woke, so you figure he must already be there. You slide your room's door closed and turn to head down the corridor, but immediately stop when you see HongBin standing in front of you. 

"Oh!" you gasp. "HongBin, kkamjjagi."

"Sorry," he says. "Going to breakfast?"

"Yeah, I'm starting my training today, I guess."

"Oh really? Are you nervous?"

You look up into his eyes and smile. "Yeah, I guess, a little."

"Well, here then," he says and raises his wrist in front of your face. 

You look at it and then quickly pull it back down between you two, stepping close to him to whisper, "What are you doing?" You look up and down the corridor but see no one. You stretch out your hearing, but it seems that everyone is in the common room eating and talking.

"You know what I'm doing," he says. "You need it, especially today, and after Leo yesterday."

You stare at him wide-eyed. "How did you know about that?"

"This place is easy to hide," he answers with a shrug.

"HongBin," you say, taking a steady breath. "I told you that you don't need to do this. We shouldn't do this. I just-"

He suddenly places a finger over your lips before opening your door and pulling you back into the room. You're kind of surprised, but you don't hear any one close enough to you two. HongBin quickly slides the door shut behind you, placing his ear to the door. 

"HongBin, no one's coming."

He straightens up and stares at you. "Oh yeah," he says. "I forgot that you'd know that." He chuckles a little as he nervously rubs his neck.

"HongBin," you say, stepping closer and taking his hand. "You don't need to feel obligated or better about doing this. It's a dangerous thing to feed a vampire."

"Hyukie does it. Nothing's wrong with him." Silently, you concede that he's right about that. "Why can't I?" he says. He pushes himself closer, so his body is against yours. His arm snakes around your waist, and the other cradles your face. "Do you need to feel an attraction? Like Ravi and Hyukie?"

You burst out laughing and he immediately steps away. 

"Sorry, HongBin, but I just can't feel an attraction to you. I'm attracted to Leo. The kind of attraction I'd feel for you is deadly. The kind you would have for a cheeseburger."

"Did you just compare me to a cheeseburger?"

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think of Leo as a cheeseburger, too. Only he's like a triple cheeseburger with three kinds of cheese... that I also like to have with." HongBin blinks at you repeatedly. You shrug innocently. "Vampires aren't humans. We don't have the same feelings you do. Our bodies and our minds work differently. We have one thought, and that revolves around eating."

"That's absurd," he says.

"Well, if you want to get involved with me, then prepare to be considered a food source." You fold your arms across your chest, hoping this will get through to him. "That's all you could ever be to me."

HongBin takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. He straightens himself up and reaches into his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter