**First Chapters** Rewritten

Protector of Idols **Reformatted**
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Author's Note: This is the original chapters 1-5 with some formatting changes.. no real rewrites yet, but reading it over I am thinking about it.  

 

 

As you walk into the main lobby of the Lair, headquarters to the POI (Protectors of Idols), you let out a sigh. 

Same , different day, you think to yourself.

You are an agent of the POI Seoul Division, and one of the best protectors in the business, even though you could care less for that title. You just do what you are told and don't even pay attention to those around you. No one interests you or catches your attention in the slightest.

Your heels click as you walk through the lobby and the faint jingle of your gun holster against your thigh can be heard. You hit the button to the elevator and head to the top floor. You just finished your latest assignment and are headed to the Proctor to receive your new assignment. 

You nod as you pass the secretary sitting and pleasantly smiling at her desk just outside the Proctor's office doors. You hear a faint click just before you push open the doors and head inside.

The Proctor is sitting behind her desk behind a very large stack of documents. She has one already in her hands and is reading it through her square glasses that are poised at the tip of her nose. She doesn't even glance up at you, but you know this is because she already knows it is you that has entered her office and she knows why you are there.

You plop yourself down in one of the seats facing her desk and pick up the file from the glass coffee table in front of you knowing it is your next assignment. You open the front cover and glance at the faces looking at you.

"Six of them?" you retort outloud. 

"Yes. Is that going to be a problem?" the Proctor mechanically responds.

"Please give me a challenge." You shut the file after memorizing all their details and toss it gently back onto the table. "Where's the pickup?"

"Marronnier Park," she answers.

The Proctor tosses you a set of keys without looking away from her document and you catch them easily. Turning them over you notice the Cadillac symbol and knowing these must be for a Cadillac Escalade Hybrid which would be an 8 passenger SUV to fit everyone. 

You get up and swiftly move back out the doors you came in from, but just as you stepped through you hear the Proctor say, "Oh and this time, you have a partner." The doors close and you stand there staring at them. 

Seriously.

You roll your eyes, glance at the keys in your hand, grip them tightly and proceed back to the elevator. You press the button for the parking garage located underground and rhythmically jingle the keys in your hands to the soft elevator music as you fly to the bottom floor. 

A partner? Seriously who does she think I am, you think as the numbers tick down. I wonder which chucklehead I am going to be stuck with this time.

 

The red numbers start to change to letters and then finally stops on P4 indicating the floor you want. As the doors open, you swiftly step out and head to the area you know your car will be parked. As soon as you start walking though you hear another pair of footsteps matching yours, but you roll your eyes knowing this must be your "partner." 

"Howdy partner," you hear as a hard slap comes down on your back.

You grunt at the impact and glance back to see Kim Seo Hyuk, a very energetic agent. He has only been with POI for 3 years compared to your 4 years and his record was not as outstanding as yours (but really no one's was). You'd worked with him before, but his sudden skinship has always made you slightly uncomfortable. 

You twitch your shoulders away from his hand and brush away some invisible dirt.

"Seo Hyuk," you address him simply as you continue to proceed towards your vehicle, clicking the button as you get closer to unlock the doors.

You hop in the driver's seat as Seo Hyuk jumps in shotgun next to you. You turn the key and engine roars to life. Seo Hyuk also roars to life as he begins to talk lively as you speed from the underground parking garage into the bright sunlight. Most of which you just tone out what he's saying and concentrate on driving.

 

As you pull up to the entrance of the park, you immediately know where your targets are because of the huge swarm of teenage girls in one area of the park. You pull your black cap out of the console and put it on as you eye Seo Hyuk, who has his 'agent mode'. You both nod and jump out of the car, speeding across to the swarm of girls.

Swiftly and without even a whispered apology, you push through the crowd and end up nose-to-nose with one of the boys. He's tall, slim, with black hair, and an emotionless expression. He didn't even look surprised at all to see you.

You glance over and notice Seo Hyuk approaching the line of boys from the other side and ushering them towards you as is the usual plan. You look into the tall boys' eyes again, 'Leo' your mind reminds you of the file you read earlier. Without a word, you simply grab his wrist and pull him back through the crowd you had come through.

The volume around you increases ten fold as you do so, and it seems like you have to push much harder to get through this time. As you push yet another screaming girl out of your way, the holster dangling from your hip was itching for you to use it, but your conscience was screaming at you even louder. They're just simple human girls hopped up on hormones.

Finally breaking through the edge of the crowd, you tug at Leo's hand in yours and glance back to make sure Seo Hyuk had the rest of the boys in order before breaking into a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter