**Awaken

Protector of Idols **Reformatted**
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hear someone calling your name, but they sound very far away, lost in the fog that's surrounding you. You try to make out who it is, but the more you try to focus on the voice, the more it's blocked out by a ringing sound.

You push yourself to become more aware of your body and senses, but when you do so, you begin to feel pain searing your body like flames spreading out all over.

Panic and fear instinctively grip at you, and you try to pull your body in different directions to get away from the cause. You feel hands grabbing at you all over and you try to pull yourself from them.

Suddenly you feel a sharp stabbing pain on your neck, and then you feel the burning sensation subsiding. You relax your body as you let the pain slide away leaving only the sharp pain at your neck. 

Slowly, you become more aware of your body and you realize there is someone holding you, hugging you.

Slowly, you open your eyes and notice you are on a bed, sitting upright. Someone is at the foot of the bed with their hands on your legs as if holding them down, but your vision is still too blurry to see their face. You focus on the one hugging you, but you realize they are not just hugging you, they are biting your neck!

Your fight-or-flight instinct kicks in, and all at once, you pull one leg loose to kick at the one near your feet, as you push the one biting you away. Both of them tumble to the floor as you quickly roll in the opposite direction and try to take a defensive position with the wall at your back, but find the bed too shifty. You crouch on your knees as you try to let your vision clear. 

You hear one of them say your name, but you don't recognize his voice.

"Gwaenchanh-a? Wae geurae? Apa?"

His voice is soft, almost too soft to hear, and filled with concern as he asks if you are hurt. He sounds almost desperate to find out what's wrong and get you to calm down.

You can see one of the figures through your hazy vision getting closer, and you try to scoot back only to be pressed against the wall.

You curse yourself internally wondering why your vision wasn't clearing faster. You ponder how long you had been unconscious, where you are, who these guys are, what they want, and then you remember the bite.

You wonder if you lost a lot of blood. Your hand reaches up to clasp over the wound on your neck firmly as you close your eyes and take a few shaky breaths.

You feel long, slender fingers wrap gently around your wrist, and you pull back immediately. Your eyes snap open and you are face-to-face with a very handsome looking guy. You swallow against the dryness in your mouth. You know you don't recognize him, but something about his eyes calls out to you. You realize he must have been the one talking to you, because he says your name again. When he speaks though you notice a bright redness in his mouth, and you realize this was also the one who had been biting you when you woke. 

Panic and fear grip at you, but you try to keep yourself calm so hopefully he won't notice and do worse to you. You swallow around the hard lump that's forming in your throat and try to inch away from him.

"Who-who are you," you ask in a stuttering whisper.

His eyes flash a mixture of emotions from surprise to anger and finally ending with worry.

"You don't remember," he asks so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter