열다섯

Lighted Fireflies

"Do you believe in fireflies?"

Soo Ra shivered for the hundreth time. She cursed the weather to be that bad. She tighten her grip onto the jacket as she walks down the hill. The rain had became smaller and they decided to go down the hill as the sky is getting darker. The ground is slippery and Soo Ra had been holding to Luhan's shirt's sleeve all the time. "Come on guys, we are almost there!" Jae Sook shouted as encourgement. Some members groaned while some just sighed. Soo Ra stopped her track and bend down to massage her legs a little. Luhan turns around to wait her as her hand is still on his sleeve. Soo Ra moves her legs around and continues walking. "Uncle said that every five minutes. I can't even see a tent." Soo Ra complained childishly and pouted. Luhan pulls her grip off his sleeve and bend down. Soo Ra looked at him in shocked. 

"Are you serious?" she asked, hoping he would say yes. Luhan smirked and tied his shoe laces. Soo Ra's jaw dropped. "You are not expecting me to carry me you, right?" Soo Ra cleared awkwardly. "Of course not." Soo Ra rubed the back of her neck with both of her hand and walked down with increasing pace. Luhan looked at her in amusement. Soo Ra was about to catch up with the rest of the group when she stepped on a small stone making her unbalance. Luhan jogged over and grabs her hand. "Why can't you be more careful? Idiot." Soo Ra gave him a look and gave him the finger. Luhan raised his eyebrows and chuckles. He was totally amazed by what she just did. "Did you just do that?" he asked. "No, I am just exersicing my fingers. They need exercise too." Luhan grinned wider. He ruffles Soo Ra's hair and held her hand. "Maybe your toes need to exercise too." 

Without waiting her reply, Luhan pulled her down and they started to jog. "Yah, let go." Soo Ra said in between her breathe. Luhan smirked. "This is your punishment." Soo Ra tsk-ed. "I didn't do anything wrong. I told you it was just exercising." Luhan laughed as they jogged by the other members. His rare action made them feel amused and surprised at the same time. "Well, this is an exercise too." Luhan stated. Soo Ra wanted to argue but she can't think of anything to say. So instead of arguing, she just jogged with him. Within minutes, they reached the camping area. Luhan lets go of Soo Ra's hand and smiles when he looked at her tired face. Soo Ra is panting heavily as she reached over to her bag to take out her water bottle. "I...thought...I was...going to...die...just...now." Soo Ra said before gulping down all the water in one go. 

Luhan ruffles her hair again making her once messy hair messier. "Aish!" Soo Ra slapped off his hand and combs her hair with her hand. Luhan pinched her nose and stucked out his tongue. "You are the one who is being childish here." Soo Ra stated as she makes her way to the tent. Luhan rolled his eyes and was surprised by his own action after doing so. He face-palmed himself when he realized how much Soo Ra had affected him. Soo Ra came out with some clothes and a towel. "I am going to wash up." Luhan nodded his head slowly as he looked at her walking to the public bathroom. "Stop staring at her, she will be yours in a few days." Jae Sook said while patting at Luhan's shoulder. Yoon Mi passed Luhan a towel for him to dry his hair which he rejects almost immediately. Yoon Mi's smile disappeared as fast as it appeared. Luhan flinched at her expression.

Since it is already late at night, they decided to eat instant noodles as their supper. Soo Ra spreads the towel so that it can dry more faster. She wears Luhan's jacket since it is still chilly outside. The aroma of cooked noodles made Soo Ra's stomach to growl. She walks to Luhan and sits on the wet log beside him. Soo Ra took one bowl of noodles from a staff and thanked him before sitting back down. Sounds of slurping and utensils clinking can be heard here and there. Soo Ra eats her noodles quitely as she isn't very comfortable with those sounds. "Soo Ra-shi, you have really nice legs." Soo Ra looked up and noticed the attention given to her legs. She looks down at her own legs. She is wearing a short and the length of the jacket is the only cloth covering a small part of her legs. She smiles sheepishly and looked at the person who complimented her. She recognized him as the person who told the ghost story last night. 

Luhan slammed the bowl onto the log he is sitting and walks back to the tent. All of them seem surprised by his action. Soo Ra turns her head to his direction and bites her lips, hestitating what to do. Moon Kyung nudged her shoulder and gives her a wink. Soo Ra placed the bowl on the log and bowed to them before running to Luhan. "Yah." Soo Ra poked Luhan's shoulder when she is a few steps away from him. Luhan turned around harshly and looked at Soo Ra intensely. "Stop staring at me that way." Soo Ra said, facing the other way. Luhan grabs her tiny hand and drags her to the lakeside. They both settled down beside each other. "Are you jealous?" Soo Ra asked while looking at his side profile. Luhan turns his head to face her and she quickly turned her head to face the lake. Luhan leaned closer and Soo Ra can feel his breath on her neck. Soo Ra gulped. Luhan chuckles at her expression. Soo Ra's face turned fifty shades of pink. "Stop staring at me." Soo Ra said and looks down to her feet.

Luhan looks at the lake and rests his head on his knee cap. Soo Ra stopped playing her fingers and looked at his side profile again. "You haven't answer my quiestion." Luhan remains silence. After a few seconds, he replied with a small sigh. "I don't know." Soo Ra's shoulder slummped, unsatisfied with his answer. Luhan smiled when he looked at her expression. "Are you expecting me to be jealous?" Luhan asked her. Soo Ra's eyes widen in surprise. "NO!" she made an X shape with her arms and pouts slightly when she saw the smirk on Luhan's face. The weather is getting more chilly and Soo Ra places her legs inside the jacket making it looks like she has two tiny feet. She played with the extra cloth that are too long and waves her hands around. The sleeves flew around as she waves her hand. She laughs as she watches the small 'movie' she just made. "How can you be so childish?" Luhan asked and Soo Ra stopped. 

She looked at him and before she knew it, their eyes were locked. Everything seems to be in a slow motion and the tress and water behind Luhan seems to be fading, making Luhan brighter than ever. Luhan leans in while Soo Ra is still in her shocked state. She bites her lower lips, not knowing what to do. Suddenly, a small glowing insect attracted her. "Fireflies!" Soo Ra shouted with a finger pointing to one of the glowing insects, Luhan sits back to his position with his legs crossed. He was quite disappointed but at the same time, he was amused by her reaction. He follows the direction to Soo Ra's finger and notice some small yellow lights. "Fireflies?" Luhan asked with his brows raised. Soo Ra nodded, not taking her gaze away from the fireflies. "You like fireflie

s?" Luhan asked again. Soo Ra nods again. Luhan huffed and sighed, not satisfied with the small attention Soo Ra is giving him. 

"Do you believe in fireflies?" Soo Ra asked, still not taking her gaze off those fireflies. "No. Why?" Soo Ra smiled and hugged her knees closer. "I do." Luhan looked at her with a questioning look. "Why would someone believe in some insects? I rather believe in religion." Soo Ra tsk-ed. She sighs again before explaining. "My father was a bad guy when my mother was still alived." Luhan shifted his position uneasily since it is the first time Soo Ra mentioned about her family. "After he was done abusing us, my mom would wipe off her tears immediately so that I won't see it. She would take my sister and I out to our backyard to watch at fireflies." Luhan nods his head quitely and softly, not wanting to interupt her. "She always tell us to believe in fireflies. As fireflies' produce lights no matter it is in the morning or in the night. She would smile and tell us that we should be strong like fireflies. Not falling even in th worst situation." Luhan looks at her in amazement. But it was soon cut off when a scientific explaination popped up into his mind.

"Not all fireflies produce lights. Most of the female fireflies don't. Plus the fact that you can't see the light during the morning, how sure are you to say that they produce lights no matter it is in the morning or in the night?" Soo Ra's jaw dropped upon hearing to him. Luhan grinned victoriously. Soo Ra squinted her eyes at him. "Then if you are so smart, use a scientific explaination to explain your relationship with Yoon Mi unnie." Luhan looked at her with his bigs eyes, totally surprised by her sudden quiestion. Soo Ra smirked and crossed her arms when she saw Luhan's priceless expression. 


Hey there! Imma back! :D Hope you guys enjoyed the little skinship there...HEHE. It is already 1:30 a.m here and I am here, updating for ou guys. Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter! ^^