열셋

Lighted Fireflies

"Do you believe in fireflies?"

Luhan yawns and rubs his eyes. He checks his watch and sighs. 8:33 a.m. He looks to the other side of the tent and notices that Soo Ra is not there. He s the tent and popped his head out. A few female voices can be heard. He can simply recognize Soo Ra's high pitch voice and YoonMi's voice. He yawns again befoe going out the tent. Some staffs bowed to him and he bows back to them. He saw Soo Ra washing the lettuce leaf with some water. "Oh, you are awake." Soo Ra said while shaking the lettuce leaf to dry them off. Luhan nods his head. "We are making sandwiches. It is almost ready." Luhan nods again. Seeing she is not receiving any reply from him, Soo Ra purposely shakes the lettuce leaves towards him, making the water splash to him. "Yah!" Luhan shouted, making a few staffs turn their attention to them.

Soo Ra stucks out her tongue. Luhan wipes off the water from his face and scringes his face. "Idiot." Soo Ra made a face. "I need to wash up." Luhan said. Soo Ra nods her head as he makes his way to the bathroom. Soo Ra gathers the lettuce leaf and places them into the bucket. Moon Kyung is slicing the tomatoes while YoonMi is grilling the meat. Soo Ra puts down the bucket on the table and wipes her hand with a cloth. "Is there anything more?" Soo Ra asked. Moon Kyung looks around and points at the buns. "Cut them into half so that we can put the ingrediants inside." Soo Ra nods and starts to cut the buns. "You seem so close with sir." Moon Kyung said as she places the tomatoes slices onto a plate. She looks at Soo Ra with her intense eyes. Soo Ra rubs the back of her neck awkwardly. "Don't be shy. I know the feeling of love." 

Soo Ra chokes her own saliva upon hearing the word 'love'. She quickly shakes her head. "He is just teasing me." Soo Ra cuts the last piece of bun. "Teasing is one of the signs somenone likes you." Moon Kyung said teasingly. "You tease me a lot too. But it doesn't prrof that you are homoual, right?" Soo Ra said and smiles. Moon Kyung shakes her head in disagreement. "It's two different things, my dear." Soo Ra shakes her head again. This time, YoonMi had finished grilling the meat. "The meat are done." YoonMi puts the plate of grilled meat on the table next to the lettuce. Moon Kyung opens but then closed it again when she saw YoonMi. "Let's put the ingredients in then!" Moon Kyung quickly changes the topic. Soo Ra nods and starts to put the ingredients into each pieces of buns. Cheese, tomato, lettuce, mayonnaise egg and grilled meat. With three pairs of hands, they are done within minutes. 

"Food is ready." Moon Kyung claps her hand to make the others pay attention to her. "Food is ready." she repeated. The employees walk over to the small table and started eating. Soo Ra takes one bite of the sandwich. The first bite was good but after a few times of chewing, she notices that the meat is still uncooked. She spits the sandwich out to the plate and removes the upper piece of bun to see the meat. The meat is still red. She looks around to see others' expression. They seem to be enjoying the food. Just when she was about to replace the bun again, someone stopped her. "You should tell the others, I don't think you want them to die." Luhan sharp voice reached her ears. She tilts her head up and see Luhan with dripping wet hair. His other hand is holding onto a blue towel. "YoonMi unnie cooked it." Soo Ra looks at the meat and sighed.

"Well, I think you really want to see the others die then." Soo Ra shoots Luhan a glare. She cleared awkwardly. "I think the meat is still uncooked." Soo Ra said as some of the employees look shocked. Some of them checked the meat and agreed with Soo Ra. Moon Kyung, which happened to have eaten all of her sandwich, looks at Soo Ra with wide eyes. Soo Ra shrugs innocently. YoonMi checks on the meat as well. When she sees the meat is still pinkish, she bites her lower lips. She can't just admit she cooked the meat, right? Soo Ra looks at YoonMi and sighs. "i am sorry that I didn't cook the meat well." Soo Ra stands up and bows apologetically. Moon Kyung raises her eyebrows and looks at her weirdly. Luhan did the same. Some employees gave her a faint smile. YoonMi rubs her hand nervously. 

"I guess you guys need to be vegetarian for a meal." Soo Ra joked and smiles. They took off the meat from the sandwich and continues eating. When Soo Ra sits down again, Luhan claps his hands sacarsticly. "Such a kind lady to help her friend." Soo Ra tsk-ed and shoots him another glare. She puts her plate down and places her head onto her hand. She pokes the bun with her finger. "Stop playing with the food, you look really childish." Luhan said as he takes another bite of the sandwich. Soo Ra pouted. "How dare you. I got no appetite." Soo Ra replied. "No meat, no appetite? Looks like someone is craving for meat." Luhan surppress a light chuckle. She tsk-ed again and frowned at him. 'Stop your teasing and eat your food, vegetarian." Luhan smiles and throws the last piece of the sandwich into his mouth. 

After their breakfast, Jae Sook suggested them for jungle trekking which they happily agreed. After the preparations, they are seperated into two groups. Jae Sook will be leading Group A while Groups B will be leaded by YoonMi. After discussing for a while, they started the journey. Group B was leading at first but after a short while, Group A chased up. Soo Ra looks down at her tired legs. It has been half an hour and it was a really tough journey. "Is there anyone who wants to rest? We can rest for awhile since Group B is still quite far away." Jae Sook said. Soo Ra wanted to rest really badly but looking at the excitement in the other group members' eyes made her change her mind. "I guess you guys are strong enough to continue walking!" Some employees clapped their hand while some cheered. Soo Ra looks down again and sighs. 

"Why are so stubborn?" Soo Ra looks up and meets Luhan's gaze. She quickly looks away, not wanting to make any eye-contact with him. "I am not stubborn. Just look at the excitement in the others' eyes!" Soo Ra quickly explained. Luhan sighs. "Why don't you think for yourself?" She bites her lower lips and plays with her fingers. A habbit of hers when she doesn't know what to say. "I told uncle you need to rest a little. I asked them to continue. We will catch up later." Soo Ra nods slowly and follows Luhan to a small hut. Luhan checks his phone before asking Soo Ra for her phone number. "I found out I don't have your number." Luhan looks up and turns his gaze from his phone to her. Soo Ra gulped. 

"I don't have any phone." Luhan looks at her with his jaw dropped. "We will fix that when we are back."


Ayo! I was back with another update! I know, I know, it's a boring chappie. :( Still, I hope you guys enjoyed. And about the EXO thingie, I believe you guys know about it right? It is really heart breaking to hear about them with such a bad news. Still, EXO ARE ONE!