열여섯

Lighted Fireflies

"Do you believe in fireflies?"


Soo Ra bit her lower lips as she looks at Luhan's back. He is walking back to their tent while she is still sitting on the grass, thinking of what he just told her. She hugs her knee closer, letting her mind to flow somewhere else. 

Luhan looked at her with his big eyes, totally surprised by her sudden question. Soo Ra smirked and crossed her arms when she saw Luhan's priceless expression. "There is nothing to talk about." Soo Ra sulked. "Moon Kyung unnie told me that you both were in a relationship..." Soo Ra said quitely as she looks at his face to search for any hint of anger. "When did you become such a busybody?" Luhan raised his eyebrows with a playful grin on his face. "Well...I am just curious." Soo Ra stuttered as her hands started to pluck the grass automatically, a habit she has since she was small. "Curious about her or, me?" Luhan asked again. Soo Ra threw the grass she plucked onto the ground and starts to pluck new ones. "Both." Soo Ra answered truthfully. 

"What if we were in a relationship? What will you do?" Luhan asked while looking at the moon. The moon was bright so the stars can be merely seen. "It isn't weird that both of you were in a relationship. Unnie must be everyone's ideal type. Classy, elegant, pure, innocent, kind, just the perfect girlfriend." Soo Ra lets out a small sigh upon what she just said. It is true though. Luhan chuckled. "So what will you do?" he repeted the question. "Well, there is nothing I can do. You see, this is your choice, I can't force you, can I?" Luhan nodded in agreement. "Is it because of me?" Soo Ra asked again. "What is?" 

"The break up. Is it because of me?" Soo Ra looked at his side profile while waiting for his answer patiently. "What if it is? What can you do then?" Soo Ra thought for a few seconds before answering. "I will leave." Soo Ra answered as she looks at the bracelet she nearly lost. Another chuckle. "Do you think halmonie will let you?" Soo Ra was lost. Lost of words. "Well, I can always sneak out." Luhan shook his head, totally amazed by her innocence. "Then halmonie will track you down." Soo Ra's eyes widen in surprise. She hasn't think of that. "It's not because of you. You don't have to sneak out and got traced down." Luhan joked half heartedly. A small smile crept onto her face. Luhan was quite taken aback by her sudden smile but he says nothing. "If it is because of me, I will be very guilty to kill a relationship." Soo Ra joined him for the joke. 

"How long had you two been together?" Soo Ra asked out of curious. "Two years and ten months." Luhan replied without hesitating. He remembered that clearly in his mind. "That's long. Why did you break up?" A silence took over their conversatioin and Soo Ra cleared awkwardly when she noticed she asked something rather inappropriate. "She lied." Soo Ra didn't expect that to come but she was glad that he answered. "If you really love her, you should forgive her..." Soo Ra muttered softly but loud enough for him to hear. "Maybe I didn't love her enough." Luhan's voice was cold and bold, like a knife stabbing into a piece of raw meat, cutting it quickly and cleanly. "Or maybe her lies were too big for you to forgive." Soo Ra stated. 

To her surprise, Luhan nodded his head. "I can't accept any lies anymore. I lived in the world of lies and drama for too long. It was really tiring." Soo Ra bit her lower lips, knowing that she should have say other things. "When you are tired, you just can't do anything." Luhan continued. "What did she lie to you? Why are you so angry to break up with her?" Soo Ra blurted out but quickly shut close after knowing what she just asked. She mentally yelled at herself. "Long story." Luhan rested his chin on his knee caps. "I got time." Soo Ra answered without waiting any longer. Luhan smiled. "Are you that curious?" Soo Ra nodded her head. "I always wanted to ask you, but I was scared." Soo Ra said truthfully.

"We met since highschool. She was the kind of girl every guy would fall for. Somewhat goddess. We happened to be in the same class and I was madly in love with her. She was the daughter of one of the richest landlord owner in South Korea." Soo Ra nodded her head as she listened to him talking. She didn't feel weird or awkward at all. "It was actually a bet. A childish bet." Luhan chuckled softly. "A bet?" Soo Ra asked, raising her eyebrows. "My friends asked me to date her within a week and I get to be the next leader of our group. I didn't know I would fall for her so deeply." Soo Ra kept on nodding her head, not knowing what to say. So she just wait for him to continue. "But then happens. I found out she was lying to me. She isn't any rich man's daughter, but a poor fisherman's daughter." 

"You broke up with her because she is POOR?" Soo Ra blinked her eyes several times. Luhan flicked her forehead. "Aish..." Soo Ra touched her forehead to soothe the pain a little. "I don't mind if she is poor. But she should have told me from the start." Luhan answered. "Maybe she has her own reason to lie to you. Who knows?" Luhan gave her a dirty look. "She wants the money. My money." Luhan shoot at her. Then everything seems to make sense to Soo Ra. Why Yoon Mi treated her so badly since the first time they met. "Does halmonie know?" Soo Ra asked. Luhan shook his head. "Only me. And now, you." Soo Ra felt her check burning. She finds it weird to hear something like this from Luhan. "Why didn't you tell halmonie?" Soo Ra asked. 

"I told you her father is a poor fisherman. She needs money for her family." Soo Ra's mouth shaped into an "O" shape. At least he still have a heart. A human heart. A kind heart. At least kind enough to keep a family alive. "Satisfied?" Luhan asked. Soo Ra nodded her head, totally satisfied by the answer given by Luhan. "How about you?" 

"Me?" she repeated the word. Luhan gave her a small nod. "Your family. Any siblings?" Luhan asked rather calmly. "I...have a sister. Han Soo Na." Soo Ra replied, looking at the bracelet again. Luhan followed her gaze. "Is the bracelet related to her?" Soo Ra touched the small beads along the bracelet. "Each of us have one. Hers is purple. I wanted the purple one but my mother told me not to fight with her as she is smaller..." A small crept onto Soo Ra's face. She felt happy to talk about her sister. Her family. Her loved ones. "She is smaller than you? How old is she?" Soo Ra hummed. "She should be 16. Her birthday is a few weeks later." Luhan looked at her face. "You still remember?" Soo Ra looked up and their eyes met. "Of..of course..." Luhan smiled. "She should be grateful to have a sister like you." 

Soo Ra sighed. "We lost contact." Soo Ra felt tears starting to pool up in her eyes. "Don't cry, please." Luhan pleaded. Soo Ra chuckled. Luhan's face dropped. "Your face is hilarious." Soo Ra covers with her hand, eyes turning into half moon shape. "Back to your sister. Don't you want to contact her?" Luhan changed the topic. "I wish I could..." Soo Ra sighed again. "I can help if you want." Luhan said, eyes on her. Soo Ra's eyes brighten. "Really? You can?" Luhan nodded. "How? Newspaper? No, that will be weird. Media? No, that will make her emba..Why are you being so kind to me?" Soo Ra stopped track and asked him. "Why can't I?" Luhan asked back. "This is just an arranged marriage." Soo Ra said bitterly. 

"What if I do it willingly?" 

Soo Ra is hesitating whether to stay out a little longer or to go back to the tent. After a few more minutes, she stands up and dusts off the dirt from her skirt. She s the tent slowly, not wanting to make any sound. Soo Ra climbs into the tent quitely and zips back the tent. She takes a look of Luhan. How can someone be so good looking even in their sleep? Soo Ra lets out a small squeak when a hand wraps around her waist. She was pulled down by the sudden force. 

 

 

"I am serious about the marriage."


Yellow~ Blue is there? XD I was supposed to update a few days later but I decided to update today so here it is! TADAHHH~ I at writing flashback so yeah, hehe, I apologize. XDXD I hope you guys like the story...TEEHEE