열아홉

Lighted Fireflies

Luhan sat on the edge of his bed, hand holding the yellow envelope that made his day to the worst . He scan through the report over and over again, wishing to find any mistake but failed badly. Just when he was about to give up, the name on the envelope caught his attention. What hospital will reuse their envelopes? Plus the fact that Seoul Hospital is one of the richest hospital. The writing on the envelope is too familiar for his liking. He stood up and made his way towards the light brown desk that is located across his room. He sat on the office chair behind the desk and lean his head onto the head rest, trying to remember the writing. Suddenly, he sits up straight and opened the last drawer of his desk. The drawer where he puts documents of the company. 

He took out YoonMi's resume and looked at the writing. He placed both envelopes on the table and he scoffed when he realized that they are from the same person. He ruffled his hair in frustration. He should have believe her. Luhan picked up his phone and called the hospital. The phone was picked up after the third ring. "This is the Seoul Hospital front desk. I am nurse Kim Ji Yeon, may I help you?" Ji Yeon said with some noises of papers scattering and pens writing in the background. "Hi. I wanted to check if I got the wrong health report. Can you do that for me?" Ji Yeon asked for the name and after a while, she came up with a health report saying she is totally fine. "We are really sorry for the inconvenience, sir. We will make sure our nurses won't make such a mistake again." A small smile crept onto his face. "It's fine. I should have checked the name twice."  

After hanging up the phone, Luhan walked out to his balcony. His hands on the trail while his eyes are focused on the night scenery. That's the one and only thing he liked about this house. It has the best scenery. He was about to go back into his room when he heard the soft sobbing. He swore it came from the ouside. It is more like a whimpering so he thought that it was a lost puppy or kitten at first. But after poking his head out, he saw a petite figure sitting on the ground of the backyard. He didn't need to be a genious to know who she is. He grabbed his coat and walked down to the back door. Some servants were standing there, whispering with frowns on their foreheads. They rushed back to their works just when Luhan opened the back door. 

The cold night breeze hit his skin and he shivered a little. He was still impressed by the amounts of fireflies in their backyard. Well, this can be the second thing he likes about the house. He looked around to search for the girl with the most fragile heart. She is hugging her knees close to her body and her head is burried into the knees. "Why cry for something you didn't do?" Luhan asked as he walked towards her. Soo Ra quickly turned her face and wiped off the tears with the back of her hand. Luhan placed the coat onto her shoulder and sat beside her. "I am going in." Soo Ra annouced and stood up but her wrist was grabbed by Luhan. "I just came out and you wanted to leave now? How could you?" Luhan pulled Soo Ra's wrist and she ended up sitting on the place she was earlier. 

Soo Ra tighten her grip onto Luhan's jacket. He smells like freshy cut lemon, she guessed he just took a shower. Even his coat smells like it. Soo Ra liked the smell from the start. She always thought that he smells so protective and innocent at the same time. "What are doing out here?" Luhan broke the silence. Soo Ra looked up to the sky and let out a sigh. "You should be sleeping, it's late." Soo Ra replied bluntly. Luhan's eyebrows met at the center. "You didn't answer my question. What are doing here?" Luhan repeated his question. "Nothing." Luhan rolled his eyes dramatically. "Yeah right. I heard someone crying." Luhan said. Seeing that she is not going to reply, Luhan faced her. "Why are you crying?" Luhan asked again. His voice is soft and calm, making Soo Ra feel relax. 

"I don't know. The tears just came out from my eyes." Luhan snikered at her answer. Cute. Soo Ra eyed her weirdly. "Are you going to tease me for the rest of the night? If you are, I am going in." Soo Ra stood up again. This time, Luhan didn't grab her arm. Instead, he stood up too and pull her into a tight hug. Soo Ra tried to escape at first, but knowing Luhan's personality, she just let him hug her. She tried controlling her tears, making sure they won't fall in front of him. But she failed. All the tears pooling up in her eyes fall like a waterfall. Luhan soothe her head and back at the same time. "Why are you crying for something you didn't do?" Luhan asked, more like a statement for her. "You should have explain to halmonie. At least, to me." 

Soo Ra stood helplessly in his embrace, not knowing what to do, or what to say. "I asked the hospital. They say they made a mistake." Soo Ra nods her head and she could feel Luhan smiling. After breaking the hug, Luhan wiped off the tears from Soo Ra's face with his thumb. "Han Soo Ra." Luhan said sternly yet soft at the same time. Soo Ra looked up and his warm lips landed on hers. It took Soo Ra a few seconds before realizing what is happening. She wanted to push him away, to slap him, to do something. But she can't. Her body did the exact opposite thing her mind wants to. Because her body is following what her heart wants. 

Luhan chuckled at her expression. A combination of shock and confuse. "Don't stay here for too long." Luhan stated and went inside. He swore he heard some servants giggling but he just let them off. Why would he care, anyway? Soo Ra stood frozen at the same place, she had been kissed. By Luhan. By the man who hated her since they first meet. Her delicate finger touched her lips. The lips that was once curious about the feeling of being kissed. Miss Jung rushed out to the backyard, surprising Soo Ra even more. "Miss Han, I was searching for you everywhere. It's late, you need to sleep." Soo Ra nodded and walked to her bedroom with a confused mind.

Soo Ra placed Luhan's coat on the cushion beside her bed and went to shower straight away. First, halmonie slapped her because she was misunderstood. And now, Luhan is treating her like she is his princess. Or maybe she is. She suppress a soft sigh as she wash off the shampoo from her hair. Being only 18, she can't beloved she is going through all this herself. Without her mother, or even her sister. After stepping our from the bathtub, Soo Ra quickly slipped into some pajamas. She sat on her bed with the cot on her hand. She doesn't care anymore. She only know that she is doing what she wants.

Soo Ra stands in front of the door, hand on the door frame. She knocked, twice. "Wait a second." She stepped back, waiting for the door to open. After a few seconds, Luhan opened the door with a puzzled look. Soo Ra bites her lower lip and looked at him with her puppy eyes. "Can I sleep with you? "