여섯

Lighted Fireflies

"Do you believe in fireflies?"

Soo Ra's body shivers a little due to the morning breeze. She opens her eyes and looks around her. "Did I sleep here yesterday?" Soo Ra asked herself while rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?" Soo Ra looks up the sky and sees that the sky is still dark with a tinge of orange. Soo Ra tip - toed in the house to avoid waking anybody. Soo Ra massages her legs a little after walking in the house. Sore, sore and sore. *Aish, shouldn't have sleep out there.* When she reached the dining room, halmonie's voice is the first thing she hears. "Where are you the whole night?"

Soo Ra looks up and bowed. "I went out for some fresh air and," before she can finish her sentence, she feels a hot palm lands on her cheek. "Don't you know it is dangerous for a girl to go outside? Especially at night! You need to know that you are in Lu's house, not the orphanage where you came from!" Soo Ra's cheek stung but what hurts more is her heart. Yoon Mi rushed to halmonie after hearing the loud noise. When she saw the situation, she acts like she cares and tries to soothe halmonie. "She just came a few days, give her time, halmonie. She will learn." 

Halmonie sighed and leaves the dining room. Yoon Mi gives Soo Ra a smirk before leaving wih halmonie. Soo Ra touches the area where halmonie slapped her and lets the tears flow freely. Soo Ra walks to her bedroom, exhausted. She lies on her bed and closes her eyes for a few seconds before choosing her outfit. She looks at her closet and sighed. Typical closet, typical outfit and not typical Soo Ra. She goes through the blouses and picked a white shortsleeve blouse with blue collars on it. She then chose a sky blue skirt. 

After she gets herself a good bath, she sits on her bed, thinking what shoes she is going to wear. She wears a pair of simple white wedge high heels. Even though she learned how to walk in heels, she feels more comfortable with wedge ones or flats. She walks out her room with wriggly steps. *Heel to toes, Soo Ra. Heels to toes.*Soo Ra reminded herself. "You should stop walking like a burglar." The sudden voice shocked Soo Ra and her feet went unbalanced. It didn't take her body long to fall. Just when she is about to reach the ground, a hand supported her back and prevented her from falling to the ground. Soo Ra opens her eyes slowly and saw Luhan. 

The distance between her face and his face is less than one inch. Soo Ra cleared awkwardly and balanced herself with the help of the wall. Luhan on the other hand, dust off his hand and shirt making Soo Ra feels like she is a disease. "Thanks," Soo Ra mutteres softly. "Get off my way and don't ever block me again." Luhan shoot Soo Ra a glare and walks down to the living room. "Cold blooded guy." Soo Ra mutters again while looking down to her legs. "Should I change them?" Soo Ra looks down at the heels. "Soo Ra!" Another high-pitched voice can be heard. Soo Ra turns around and saw LuYoon. "Oh, unnie." she smiles and LuYoon walks faster. "Ate your breakfast?" Soo Ra shakes her head. "Let's eat together then." 

The maids placed a few plates on the table along with a busket of bread, jams and four orange juice and one coffee for halmonie. "Where is uncle?" LuYoon asked while settling down on the seat beside Soo Ra. "He went to the office this morning, there is something he need to check." LuYoon nods her head, satisfied with the answer she got from halmonie. Soo Ra looks through the jams and picked the strawberry one while Yoon Mi picked the apple one. After spreading the jam on her bread, Soo Ra puts the jam back. "Oppa, do you want the apple one?" 

Instead of replying, Luhan took the peanut butter jam. Leaving Yoon Mi's mouth hanging. She retrives her hand back awkwardly and LuYoon looks at her weirdly. "Lulu, give me the peanut butter." Luhan sighed and pass the jam to LuYoon. Soo Ra raises her eyebrows when she heard the name Lulu. Someone like Luhan has a nickname like, Lulu? When Soo Ra is trying hard to control her laughter, Yoon Mi spoke out. "Unnie, Luhan is 20. Stop calling him Lulu." LuYoon glared at Yoon Mi for a few seconds before scoffing. "He is my brother, I can call her whatever I want."

Yoon Mi kept quiet. She knew LuYoon doesn't like her. "Luhan, when is your course starting?" Luhan looks up. "Next month." halmonie nods her head. "Should we enroll Soo Ra to university?" Soo Ra choked on her bread and LuYoon pass the orange juice to her while patting her back. Yoon Mi's eyes widen in surprised. Halmonie looks at Soo Ra, waiting for her reply. "Halmonie, I don't need to," without waiting her to finish, Luhan interupted. "Enroll her in the same university with me." Yoon Mi can't believe what she just heard. If Soo Ra is in the same university with Luhan, that means she also will be the same university with her. 

Halmonie smiles and nods her head in agreement. Luhan drinks his orange juice in one gulp and left the dining room. Yoon Mi did the same and chased up with Luhan. "Oppa, are you insane?" Luhan keeps on walking. "Oppa, our relationship isn't over!" this time Luhan stopped. He turns around and walk toward Yoon Mi. "Oppa, please tell me it isn't over." Luhan smirked and lean forward her. Yoon Mi closes her eyes, anticipating. "You should have known what you had done. Don't put the blame on someone that is innocent." Yoon Mi's eyes shoot open. She falls on the gound, helplessly.

"I didn't do anything wrong! I did that because I love you!" she shouted as loud as she could but Luhan walked away without replying. Luhan is the only one that knows Yoon Mi's secret, and the secret is the only thing that made them seperated. You can keep the truth from him, but don't ever tell him a lie. He can't handle it. Even if it's just a small lie, he can't hadle it. Luhan is sick and tired of lies. He lived in the world of lies and fake dramas and now, he wants to live his own life without any dramas.

"Soo Ra, is there any course you are interested in?" halmonie asked Soo Ra. Totally forgotten the incident that happened just now. Soo Ra shakes her head. "Halmonie, why don't let her try fashion designing? I can teach her the basics." halmonie nods her head. "I don't know anything about fashion."  LuYoon nudged her shoulder. "That's why I am here!" Soo Ra smiles faintly. The last year she went to a school is when she was 12. When she turned 13, the manager of the orphanage told her she doesn't need to study since she is going to leave the orphanage anyway. "Soo Ra, when is the last time you went to a school? One month? One year?"

"Six years." LuYoon spits her juice, earning a glare from halmonie. "SIX YEARS?" Soo Ra nods and lowered her head. LuYoon noticed she just said something wrong and quickly changed the topic. "It's fine, sometimes people don't even go to school." Soo Ra smiles. Halmonie shakes her head and sighed. Her sigh caught Soo Ra's attention. Soo Ra knows she doesn't deserve a good univesity. "I will check with the school tomorrow. Prepare yourself and I will tell you when your course start." Soo Ra nods her head obediantly. 


"An idiot going to university is the same with a duck learning how to fly." Soo Ra looks around and found Yoon Mi leaning on the wall, smirking. "Stop wasting everyone's time. Look into the mirror. Leave as fast as you can." Soo Ra looks at her with her arm crossed. Yoon Mi was shocked with the sudden change of her attitude. "Let's see who is the duck then." Soo Ra left Yoon Mi, shocked and surprised. Luhan, which happened to hear the whole conversation chuckles lightly.