Lighted Fireflies

"Do you believe in fireflies?"

"When halmonie is asking you a question, she expect you to answer her within seconds. When she is talking to you, you need to respond no matter what she said, even if it is just a nod, you need to respond. Oh yeah, I am older than you three years, you can just call me unnie," Soo Ra is busy looking at her feet. The flats are killing her. "Han Soo Raaa!" Soo Ra jumped a little and looked at LuYoon. "Did you listen what I said just now?" Soo Ra nods her head. LuYoon sighed and knocked on the door. "First time talking to her will be like hell, but try to know her, she is just a lonely old woman," Soo Ra smiles a little upon hearing that. She gives LuYoon another small nod on her head before entering the room.

"You look much more decent now," halmonie tilts her head to look at Soo Ra. "Thank you," Soo Ra replied as she remembered LuYoon told her that halmonie expects people to reply her. "Do you have any relative that you might be able to contact?" Soo Ra thought for a while. Soo Na. "I got a sister but I lost contact with her," halmonie nods in reply. "Other than her?" Soo Ra shakes her head. "Good. You have a lot to learn, Soo Ra. You only have two months before he comes back, make sure you learn properly," Soo Ra is confused but she still nods her head. "Here is your teacher," a young lady around Soo Ra's age came in. "This is Yoon Mi, your future teacher and trainer," Soo Ra bowed to her but she just look at Soo Ra with a bored look. She is wearing a blue elegant knee-long dress and a pair of heels. Goddess is the only word Soo Ra can describe her. "Yoon Mi is the grandaughter of a close friend of mine, she got training since she was small," Soo Ra nods her head.

"You will follow Yoon Mi from now on," Soo Ra nods again. Yoon Mi bowed and left the room. Soo Ra follow from the back after bowing to halmonie. "Don't be too happy, I know what your true face is," Yoon Mi spoke up. Her voice is soft and gentle but the way she talked made Soo Ra flinched. Yoon Mi hates her and she knows it. Yoon Mi turns around and faced Soo Ra. "You just wanted money, don't you? Maybe you can tricked the others, but not me," Soo Ra flinched again. Her eyes were filled with tears, she fought hard to prevent them from falling. She didn't know what is happening but she doesn't like the way Yoon Mi described her. "Soo Ra!" LuYoon's voice were heard. "Ne, unnie," LuYoon appeared from the back and smiles. Yoon Mi bowed at her but she didn't care much. "We are having dinner now, let's go," Soo Ra looks at Yoon Mi before LuYoon pulls her away to the dining table. The dining table is huge and there are lots of dishes on the table. 

Soo Ra takes a seat beside LuYoon since she felt more comfortable with her. Yoon Mi joined them at the dining table after a few seconds. Halmonie looks happy after she joined the table. Soo Ra can sense how much halmonie like Yoon Mi than her. LuYoon started eating after halmonie asked them to start. Soo Ra looks at the dishes. She likes them, but she isn't used to eat that kind of dishes. In the orphanage, they serve white rice with just some vegetables. If the staffs are in a good mood, they will serve eggs. "Soo Ra, try the fish, it's real fresh," LuYoon puts some in Soo Ra's bowl. Soo Ra smiles and eat the fish. She didn't take much, just vegetables most of the time. Yoon Mi on the other side, is happily eating while chating with halmonie. Soo Ra felt a little hurt since she was the one that should be close to halmonie, not Yoon Mi. LuYoon noticed and starts to talk to her. "So, you are in the orphanage since you are six?" Soo Ra nods her head and sips the orange juice. 

"No talking while eating please," halmonie cut their conversation. LuYoon looks at her with the unsatisfied look. "You were talking with Yoon Mi just now," halmonie moved uneasily. "We were discussing something important," LuYoon scoffs in disbelief. Halmonie cleared and continues eating. "I am done," LuYoon said and stood up. Soo Ra followed as she doesn't want to be left alone with Yoon Mi and halmonie. When LuYoon notices Soo Ra, she links her arm with Soo Ra's. "Yoon Mi is a B-I-T-CH. She acts like she is part of the family when she is not, right?" LuYoon looks at Soo Ra. "Absolutely superbly correct!" Soo Ra replied with humor making them both laugh. "Yoon Mi is supposed to be my sister-in-law, but halmonie found out that the media won't like it so she decided to take someone else since Yoon Mi is also from a rich family and halmonie wants the news to be hot," Soo Ra looks at LuYoon, confused. "No worries, you will understand later," Soo Ra smiles and nods. 

"It's quite early, do you want me to take you around?" LuYoon offered. But Soo Ra thought she would appreciate it if she is given some time and declined. "Alright then, good night!" LuYoon smiles. Miss Jung reappeared from nowhere and frightened Soo Ra. "I am sorry I scared you," Soo Ra shakes her head. "I am supposed to tell you where your room is, let's go," Soo Ra follows Miss Jung and they stopped in front of a room. "It is a guest room so it might be a little small," Soo Ra nods her head. She doesn't mind how big the room will be, as long as she has a place to sleep she is already very satisfied. "I will be downstairs if you need any help," Soo Ra smiles. "Yumi helped with your closet," Soo Ra nods. After bowing, Miss Jung goes down. Soo Ra opens the bedroom door and walks in. Her jaw drops immediately.

The room is painted with plain white with a touch of grey. There is a queen size bed in between two walls. It looked like it is specially made just to fit in the bed. There are some red furnitures in the room, adding some colours to the dull room. There is a white closet in the corner of the room, making the L corner more bigger than it seem. Soo Ra opens the closet and scoffs. No T-shirts, no jeans, no singlets and no shorts. Just dresses, blouses and skirts. There are a few khaki pants with different colours. Other than clothes, there are also assesories and foot wear. Heels, flats, two pairs of running shoe, a few pairs of boots and a pair of rain boots. "Jesus, can't there be a pair of slipper or converse?" Soo Ra murmured under her breathe. "Village girl," Yoon Mi appeared from behind. "Annyeonghaseyo," Soo Ra bowed. "Halmonie is not here, drop the formal, or I should say, act?" 

"It's getting late, shouldn't you be going home?" Yoon Mi sits on the bed. "Didn't you hear? My room is just beside yours. As your teacher, I need to know you better. Seem like your room is smaller than mine," Yoon Mi smirked and left. Soo Ra scoffs. She takes her pyjamas from her luggage and went into the bathroom. It is all black with a white bathtub, an individual shower room, a toilet and two sinks. "Even the bathroom is so luxurious," Soo Ra usually doesn't bath, she prefers shower. But today is too tiring for her, so she decided to go for a bath. There are some floral scents. Lavender, rose, sunflower and blueberry. Soo Ra pours some sunflower one into the tub and dipped her whole body in the tub. "LuYoon is now my sister, halmonie is now my grandmother, and Yoon Mi is my teacher," Soo Ra sighed. 

After drying up herself, she walks out the bathroom. Before sleeping, she leaves the table lamp nearest to the bed open. She can't sleep with the lights off. If she did, she will have nightmare in the midnight. 2:57 a.m. to be exact. Either one light, a candle or fireflies.