열하나

Lighted Fireflies

Soo Ra stirs in her sleep. The loud voices are disturbing her. She rubs her eyes and yawns. She checks her watch. 4:56 p.m. She s the tent and pops her head out. It's only evening but the sky is already starting to get darker. Soo Ra yawns again and went out the tent. "Oh, Soo Ra, join us, we are preparing our dinner later." Moon Kyung motions her to the spot where some female staffs are at. Soo Ra walks towards them. "We are having BBQ later." Soo Ra nods her head. "Cut the mushrooms into bite size pieces." Moon Kyung said, pointing to the two bowls of mushrooms. Soo Ra nods and wears the apron. 

After a few minutes, Soo Ra is done with the mushrooms. Moon Kyung looks at the mushrooms she cut. "Soo Ra! I asked you to cut them into bite size pieces, not to mince them." Moon Kyung chuckles and picks up one piece of the mushroom. "Is it too small?" Soo Ra asked, embarrased. Soo Ra thought it was fine since it was the normal shape she would cut anything to fit into . "It's fine, just that it is smaller than I expected." Moon Kyung chuckles again. Soo Ra rubs the back of her neck. "You can cut the meat next, bite size pieces." Soo Ra nods and cuts the meat into larger pieces. "So, tell me how did you meet Luhan?" Moon Kyung asks out of sudden. Soo Ra stops cutting the meat and stares at the knife. "It just happened." 

Moon Kyung nods her head knowingly. "Did he propose to you?" she asked again, excited for the answer. Soo Ra shakes her head. "It was arranged." Soo Ra answered truthfully. Moon Kyung gasped. "Is that so? You both look so close to each other, even closer than he is to YoonMi." Moon Kyung replies and checks on the temperature of the grill. "YoonMi?" Soo Ra raises her eyebrows. Moon Kyung nods her head. "Before they broke up, they tend to fight over alot of things. Almost everything." Soo Ra puts down the knife and turns her attention to Moon Kyung. "They were together before?" It didn't take long to make Moon Kyung realizes Soo Ra doesn't know anything about their past. She smiles awkwardly. "I think it is better if you hear it from sir himself." Soo Ra sighs. Not because she is desperate to know their past, but because she didn't know anything about her future life partner. 

When the food is ready, they call out the male staffs to grill the food since female staffs were the ones who prepare them. There are corns, mushrooms, meat, sausages and much more. The sky is getting darker and darker and they need to built a campfire. "Food is ready!" one of the staff shouted. All of them grabs a plate and takes the food they wanted. Soon after, their plates are filled with food. They sit on the wood logs around the campfire and eat their food. Suddenly, a male staff sugested to tell them some ghost stories. "There was once a couple who lived in the wooden house near this moutain. The girl was an orphan while the guy was a millionaire. The guy's parents object their marriage so they lived in a house far away from the guy's family. One night, the girl saw an black figure outside their house."

Some female workers start to shiver. He continues his story. "She told his husband but he told her it was just an imagination. One day,  when the guy was out to work and when the girl was cleaning the house, she heard a loud noise coming out from the attic. She went up there with a torchlight in her right hand and a broom in her left. When she reached the attic, she saw no one. When she was climbing down, a hand reached out and grabs her neck. She was murdered. Her body was found the next day by the police. And now, people are saying that the killer is the ghost of the millionaire's ex-girlfriend who jumped off a building when she heard that he is going to marry another girl." 

"Is it a true story?" Moon Kyung asked with a mouthful of grilled vegetables. The male nods, making the atmosphere much more eerie than it already is. "Come on, it must be an idiot who create that story." YoonMi spoke. Everyone turns their attetion to her. YoonMi shrugs casually. The male staff rolls his eyes on her and continues to eat the food on his plate. Luhan pokes his fork into the grilled shrimp. Being a person who is allergic to seafood . "Aren't you eating that?" Soo Ra asked. Luhan shakes his head. "Take it if you want." Soo Ra moves the shrimp from Luhan's plate to hers gladly. "Why don't you eat it? Shrimp is delicious like hell." Soo Ra said and stuffs the whole shrimp into . "Allergy." Luhan simply answered. "To shrimp? That's the saddest thing." Soo Ra said, stuffing another shrimp into . "To seafood." Soo Ra's mouth turns into an 'O' shape. "I am allergic to nuts." 

"I know." Luhan's answer surprised Soo Ra. "You knew?" Luhan nods. Soo Ra doesn't remember telling anyone about her allergies in the Lu mansion. "How?" Soo Ra asked, quite amused. Luhan shrugged his shoulder. "Genius." Soo Ra scoffs. Then, she stops eating. "Were you the one that gave me the medition that day?" Soo Ra asked, remembering about the cream that someone passed to her that night after she ate the chicken cooked with nuts. Luhan looks at her with a blank face. "It took you long enough, idiot." Soo Ra looks at him with hung wide open. "I didn't know it was you." Soo Ra said softly. "Thank you." Soo Ra mutters softly but loud enough for Luhan to hear. Luhan smiles faintly. 

After dinner, Jae Sook told them that they can take their shower in the public washroom a few meters away from their camping spot. Soo Ra went into her tent, I mean, their tent, and takes some clothes out of her backpack. She stops when all of her clothes are taken out from her backpack. She sighs. "Great, no pajamas." she plays her hand through her hair in frustration. "How can I forget about it?" another sigh escaped from . "You are not showering?" Luhan asked as he makes his way into the tent. "I am," Soo Ra said while putting back her clothes into her backpack. "So?" Luhan raises his eyebrows. "I didn't bring my pajamas." Soo Ra sighs again for the third time. Luhan eyes her closely. "Idiot." 

"I would appreciate it if you stop calling me idiot." Soo Ra puts both her hands on her face, covering it completely. Luhan takes one of his shirts and throws it to Soo Ra. "Wear that." Soo Ra uncovers her face and looks at the clothes Luhan gave her. It's a simple white long sleeved shirt. Soo Ra takes the shirt up and looks at the length. "Are you serious?" Soo Ra asked. Luhan nods casually. After taking taking her toiletries and towel, Soo Ra went to the public washroom.

After a long good shower, Soo Ra looks at her own reflection in the mirror. His shirt fitted well on her, but it feels weird to wear a guy's clothes. But to be honest, Soo Ra felt protected. She wears a short to make sure she is perfectly covered. On her way back, she saw a few staffs going to the washroom. She greeted them with a small bow and they replied with a small smile. In the tent, Luhan is wearing a plain navigation blue T-shirt and a light brown pants. He is looking at his phone with his eyes glued on it Soo Ra sits on the other end of the tent uncomfortably. Being that close to Luhan is a brand new thing to her.

When Luhan is done with his work, he looks up and saw Soo Ra with his shirt on. She looks really beautiful in white. Soo Ra is about to put her towel into her backpack when she realised something is missing.

Her bracelet.

HEY GUYS! I am back again! Updated with my phone and trust me, it is the worst choice ever Definitely not doing that anymore. Anyway hope you guys enjoy this chapter!