여덟

Lighted Fireflies

"Do you believe in fireflies?"

"Start driving." Soo Ra clears awkwardly and said as casually as she could. Luhan looks away. The corner of his lips curved slightly upwards. LuYoon takes out the hells she bought and swings it in front of Luhan. "Lulu, is this pretty?" Luhan simply nodded without looking at it. LuYoon gives him a 'dirty look'. LuYoon takes out the flats that Soo Ra chose. Soo Ra looks at it then at LuYoon. LuYoon swings the flats a little and smiles. Soo Ra replies with a small smile. LuYoon puts the flats in front of Luhan again. "What about this?" Luhan looks at it since the traffic light is still red. "Flats are not your thing." LuYoon tsked. "Just answer."

Luhan nods his head a little. "Better that the heels just now." LuYoon eyed him weirdly. "The flats are Soo Ra's." Luhan raised his eyebrows and looks at Soo Ra through the mirror. "Well, she got better fashion taster than you." LuYoon scoffed. "Yeah, yeah, go ahead and protect your little wife. Lulu." Soo Ra sits up a little upon hearing what LuYoon said. Luhan didn't say anything and continues driving. LuYoon continues to look at the things they bought while Soo Ra is looking out the window. "Lulu, have you eaten your lunch?" LuYoon asked when she saw the cookies they just bought. Luhan shakes his head. LuYoon tsked again. "Halmonie will kill me if she finds out. We bought some cookies, eat it in the car before you die of hunger." 

Luhan turns his head a little to look at his sister. LuYoon takes a piece of cookie and forced it into Luhan's mouth. "I didn't poison it, eat it." Luhan takes a bite of the cookie and smiles in satisfication. "Speaking of lunch, why did you skip it?" LuYoon eats one piece of the cookies while waiting for him to answer. "We got a meeting. We wasn't done yet but apparently my lovely sister asked me to be her driver." LuYoon smiles. "If I didn't, the meeting will goes on forever and all the staffs will die. IN HUNGER." Soo Ra chuckles lightly. Luhan stretchs his hand to the back, wanting more of the cookies. LuYoon gives him another piece. "They won't." LuYoon looks at him in disbelief. "Not all the staffs in the office are like you. They need to eat."

After a short journey, they reached home. Halmonie smiles when she saw Luhan. "Did the meeting go well?" Luhan just nods and smiles. LuYoon and Soo Ra went to the kitchen and puts down the things they just bought. Soo Ra takes one muffin and eats it all in one bite. "It's delicious!" Soo Ra said while taking another muffin and putting it into . LuYoon picks up one muffins and takes a small bite. She isn't a fan of strawberry too but after seeing Soo Ra's expression, she thought they are worth a try. Soo Ra waits for LuYoon's response patiently.  LuYoon nods her head and Soo Ra jumps happily. "I told you it's delicious." Soo Ra said, taking another piece of cupcakes. 

"You are going to choke." the sudden voice made Soo Ra jumped a little. She choked on the cupcake and LuYoon quickly passes a glass of water to her. She takes the water and drank it all in one gulp. LuYoon chuckles while Soo Ra wipes with the back of her hand. Soo Ra turns back and saw Luhan leaning at the door frame, with a smirk on his face. If she can, she will punch him in his face. Hard. LuYoon takes one cupcake and streches her hand to Luhan's face. "Try one, it's nice." Luhan eyed his sister weirdly. "You know I don't eat strawberries." Luhan pushes LuYoon's hand away. LuYoon scoffed and gladly ate the cupcake on her hand. 

"Soo Ra, should we start with the basic?" LuYoon asked suddenly, making Soo Ra unconnected with her conversation. "Halmonie told me your enrollment into the university is done, the course will start soon, since I am your senior, I should teach you the basics." Soo Ra nods her head slowly, telling LuYoon she got it. "What course is she in?" Luhan cuts off with a glass of apple juice in his hand. He leans on the counter and his face is just inches away from Soo Ra's. "Fashion designing." Luhan nods lightly, not really caring what Soo Ra is going to learn. "What time is it?" LuYoon asked, putting in a chocolate cookie into . Soo Ra looks at her watch and answered five. LuYoon left the kitchen to watch her favourite drama, leaving both of them in the kitchen. 

Luhan turns his head suddenly and he is now facing Soo Ra's shocked face. He leans more and Soo Ra starts to step backwards. "Stop!" Soo Ra shouted and puts both her hands in front of her face, avoiding him to make another step. Luhan simply grabs Soo Ra's hands. He doesn't know his light grab will make Soo Ra's small hands hurt. "Let it go." Soo Ra tried to take off Luhan's hand. Luhan tighten the grip, making Soo Ra yelps. "Let go." Luhan can barely hear Soo Ra's soft voice but after seeing there is tears pooling in her eyes, he quickly let go her hands. "Stop acting, I didn't hold you that hard." there is a tiny hint of guilt in his voice but he doesn't believe in her acting. 

Soo Ra massages her hands a little and went up her room. Luhan looks Soo Ra's back and sighed. "I didn't grab her that hard, right?" Luhan asked himself while looking at his hands. He rubs his neck angrily. Quite frustrated that he just hurted a female. 


Soo Ra is reading a few books about fashion in her room. She doesn't really understand anything about it so she just rummage through the book and looks at the photos of the models and the pictures of the outfit in the books. She isn't really interested in designing but since halmonie gave her a chance to study, she will work hard and do her best. Soo Ra's stomach started to make some weird noises, telling her that it's time to eat. She looks at the clock on her room's wall and muttered the time softly. She walks down and the aroma of beef steak is welcoming her to the dining room. "Oh, dinner is served." Miss Jung tells her when she saw Soo Ra on the stairs. 

Soo Ra walks to the dining table and sits beside LuYoon, the seat she feels most comfortable with. Beef steaks were served and the plate was decorated classly. Just like the one you see in the luxurious hotels. Soo Ra takes the cutleries, ready to cut the steak and she finds out she doesn't know which hand to hold the knife and which to hold the fork. LuYoon saw the situation and quickly whispers the right way to her before halmonie finds out. She nods and smiles to LuYoon. Just when she is about to cut the steak, her wrist prevented her to do so. The pain from Luhan's grip is still there. Plus the fact that she doesn't know how to cut a steak worsen her situation. 

Luhan, who saw the whole thing, takes Soo Ra's plate and puts his perfectly cutted steak in front of Soo Ra. Soo Ra looks up in surprise. Luhan acts like nothing happened and continue cutting Soo Ra's steak. Yoon Mi looks at her own steak and to Soo Ra's. Her appetite lost completely. Soo Ra starts to eat the steak and smiles happily to herself when the sauce covered her whole mouth. Yoon Mi looks at her in disgust. Soo Ra notices her and looks up. "Is there any problem?" Soo Ra asked. Yoon Mi glared at her for a few seconds before stuffing a few grilled vegetables into . LuYoon smirks. Soo Ra remembers all she thought her. To wear a crown, you must learn how to win your opponent first. 


Author's note : I will be on a short hiatus until October since my exam is coming. Thanks for all the subbis out there! ^^