일곱

Lighted Fireflies

"Soo Ra, let's go shopping!" LuYoon said while peeking through the door. Soo Ra looks up from her book and smiles. "I am going to die of boring if I don't go out from this house." Soo Ra chuckles from LuYoon's small joke. "Let's go then." LuYoon cheered and leave Soo Ra to prepare herself. Soo Ra changed herself from comfy clothes to a simple vintage dress. She tied a side braid and smiles after she feels happy with her hair. Before steeping out, she slips her feet into a pair of flowery flats that has a ribbon on it. After that, she takes a green shoulder bag and walks out. 

In the living room, she saw halmonie and Yoon Mi discussing something. The seriousness on halmonie's face make Soo Ra feels nervous. "The car is waiting, let's go." Soo Ra nods. "Halmonie, we are going out." LuYoon informs halmonie while putting on a  light pink lipstick. Soo Ra likes her fashion sense, a lot. She is wearing a plain white blouse and a flowy orange skirt with a pair of light yellow high heels, the same colour with her cardigan. It is simple yet beautiful. 

The ride to the mall is pure silence but it doesn't feel weird for any of them. They enjoy the silence and the soft music from the radio in the car. After a few minutes, they reached the mall. Soo Ra looks the mall in amusement. Just when Soo Ra is enjoying the scene in front her, LuYoon breaks her happiness. "Close your mouth! We are here for shopping!" Soo Ra notices her opened mouth and quickly closes it. LuYoon laughs and pulls Soo Ra into the mall. Without waiting, they go to the women section. "Is there anything you want to buy?" Soo Ra shakes her head. 

LuYoon pulls Soo Ra to the shoe section. "Look around if there is anything you like." Soo Ra nods and they separate. Soo Ra walks to the section where they sell flats and starts to walk around. A pair of flats caught Soo Ra's attention. The end of the shoe is black and in the front, it is brown with a hint of white on the tip. There is a black strip that goes around her legs. Soo Ra takes them out of the rack and tries them on. They fitted her feet perfectly. Soo Ra looks at the price of the flats and her eyes widen in shock. 35000 won? It is enough to feed her the whole month! Soo Ra sighed and placed them back on the rack. 

LuYoon saw the whole situation and sighed. "How can she be so cruel to herself? Shopping is to enjoy!" LuYoon tells the sales girl to take a new pair of the flats to the cashier. Sha wants to give Soo Ra a surprise. LuYoon continues to look at the boots after she told the sales girl what to do. Soo Ra looks at LuYoon and looks back to the racks. She is done shopping with these shoes. "Unnie, I will go to other section." LuYoon nods and Soo Ra goes to the sweater section. 

All the cardigans and sweaters there are pretty and Soo Ra is amused with all of them. She looks through them and picked some. She tries them on and picked the grey one. She likes the design and colour of it. She wanted to look at the price but before she can see it, she is stopped by someone's hand. "You won't buy it if you know how much it is. Just put it in the cashier. Think of it as my present to you." Soo Ra smiles but she refused to buy it. "Come on! It's not like you are going to buy the whole shop, right? One or two wont hurt." with that, LuYoon snatches the cardigan from Soo Ra's hand and places it on the cashier before Soo Ra can stop her. 

"Should we go eat? I am hungry." LuYoon complained as she takes the shopping bags. Soo Ra is quite hungry too so she nods her head. "There is a new Italian restaurant down the street, let's try that." LuYoon grabs Soo Ra's arm once again and they go to the Italian restaurant. Soo Ra looks through the menu and sighed. All of them are so expensive! "Are you ready to order?" a waitress stands beside the table with a notebook in her hand. "I will have cheese lasagna, and for drink, give me a rosemary lemonade." the waitress jolts down her order and looks at Soo Ra.

"Don't mind the price, it's okay." LuYoon smiles at Soo Ra's helpless face. "Spagetthi bolognese and apple tea." the waitress nods and leaves the table. "So, did you meet any problems in the house?" LuYoon asked while cupping her chin. Soo Ra shakes her head. LuYoon looks at her with her eyebrow raised. "Are you sure? Lulu didn't bully you?" Soo Ra looks at LuYoon. "Ah, so he did." LuYoon said while nodding her head. Their food were served after their drinks. "What if, I say, Lulu has a girlfriend?"

Soo Ra puts down her fork and looks at LuYoon weirdly. "He has one?" Soo Ra continues eating. He has one or not isn't her matter. LuYoon sighed. "Had. They broke up." the word 'broke up' caught Soo Ra's attention. "Why? Is it because of the marriage?" LuYoon shakes her head. "I am not sure why too," LuYoon takes a sip of her lemonade before continuing. "They just ended it." Soo Ra nods. They didn't talk after that. Both of them enjoyed their food in the silence. After the meal, they went to a bakery.

"Lulu likes cookies. All types of cookies." LuYoon said as she takes a tray from the counter. Soo Ra follows behind her. "Chocolate is his favourite. Oh, and he hates berries. Especially strawberries." Soo Ra stopped walking. "He hates strawberries?" LuYoon nods. "I used to prank him by telling him that strawberry is a poisonous insect and he believes it until he is seven. That's why he hates them so much." Soo Ra laughs lightly. "I love them." Soo Ra said. It's the truth. If one day strawberries disappear, she will die. "Done, is there anything you want?" Soo Ra looks at the tray and notices it is full with chocolate cookies.

She looks around and spots the mini strawberry muffins. She points to the cupcake and LuYoon nods. LuYoon takes a box of them which contains twenty of the muffins and place it on the counter together with the tray. LuYoon looks at her watch and finds out it is already three. "We should go home." Soo Ra looks at her watch too. LuYoon calls the driver but apparently the driver is having his own sweet lunch break so she needs to find someone to fetch them. "We can take the bus." Soo Ra suggested. LuYoon shakes her head. "No public transport." LuYoon cross her hand making a X sign. Soo Ra chuckles and nods. 

LuYoon scans through her contact and smirked. She pressed the number and it directed to call. "LULU!" a sigh is heard from the other side. "The drive is having his lunch break, can you fetch us?" another sigh. "We are at the Caramel Bakery." LuYoon waited patiently for a response. "I am at the office, I can't leave like that." LuYoon face-palmed herself. "It's Saturday, Lu. Come fetch us before my legs break due to standing for too long." with that, LuYoon hangs up. Luhan ruffles his own hair and grabs his car key. 

"Why is that stupid deer taking so long." LuYoon complained for the uptenth time. After a few seconds, a black lamborghini stops in front of them. "FINALLY!" LuYoon said and went it in the car while Soo Ra is still stucking in the same place, amusing the car. "Soo Ra!" LuYoon shouted and Soo Ra looks at her. "You need to get in the car, we are leaving." LuYoon said while making gestures. Soo Ra quickly walks to the car. When she is in the car, she can smell the scent of freshly mowed lawn. It feels refeshing, unlike the owner of the car. Dull and expressionless. 

Soo Ra looks around the car and before she knew it, her eyes are locked with his.