열여덟

Lighted Fireflies

"Do you belive in fireflies?"


"Get up, everyone. We reached the office!" staffs started to groan when as they tried to wake their mind up. "Go! Go! Go! Go enjoy your last day of holiday and make sure you all come on time tomorrow!" tons of yes can be heard from the tired and sleepy staffs. Jae Sook smiled in satisfication. Soo Ra combed her messy hair with her hand and looked at the staffs going down one by one. "Soo Ra, we are going down here too. The van needs to be back to its company." Jae Sook explained and Soo Ra nodded her head. YoonMi was still sleeping on Luhan's shoulder when Soo Ra was trying to go out from the tiny space between the car cushion and Luhan's leg. "You are leaving me alone like this?" Luhan asked sadly. Soo Ra nodded her head gladly and pointed towards YoonMi. "Wait until she is awake."

Luhan sighed and grabbed her arm. "YoonMi, we reached." Luhan semi - shouted to YoonMi. She stirred but did not wake up. Soo Ra snickered as she tried to get her hand off Luhan's. "You are not going anywhere without me." Luhan stated and grinned. Soo Ra's eyebrows met in the centre. She sighed in frustration. "Unnie, we reached. We have to go down now." Soo Ra tried to wake YoonMi up. She stirred once again, but still, she is dead asleep. Soo Ra swore she saw YoonMi's small smirk but she shook it off. "Let me go. She will wake up in no time." Soo Ra said once again and tried to get off from Luhan's grip. Luhan looked at YoonMi and back to Soo Ra. He pushed YoonMi's head to the window and when he heard she groans, he smiled in victory. "Let's go." Luhan took Soo Ra's hand and lead her down from the van. 

Soo Ra was still shocked from what he did. "How could you push unnie like that?" She frowned. Luhan shrugged innocently. "I tried waking her up the soft way. Sometimes the hard way works better." Luhan stated like it's the most normal thing to do while taking his bag from the back of the van. After putting on his bag, he took Soo Ra's and put it on her back. She muttered a thank and joined Moon Kyung in her small chat. "We have to make sure the staffs go back safely. We have to wait until all of them are back." Jae Sook informed Luhan and gave the driver some cash as a tip. Luhan looked around and saw Soo Ra talking with Moon Kyung. He leaned on the office's glass door while watching the staffs leaving one by one. Moon Kyung left earlier than Soo Ra expected and she pouted. Moon Kyung chuckled. "Don't worry. We will keep in contact, right?" Soo Ra nodded and a small smile formed on her face.

After bidding the last staff goodbye, Jae Sook fished out his phone from his pocket and called for a cab. "I found some information of your sister." Luhan said as he walks towards Soo Ra. She looked at him with her wide eyes. "Are you serious? Where is she? How is she? Is she safe? Are her parents treating her well?" Luhan placed a finger on and she stopped asking. "She is totally fine. She is studying at Gwangju high. If I am not mistaken, she has class today, do you want to go find her?" Luhan suggested and Soo Ra shook her head hardly. "She won't like it if I go to her place like that. She hated me for a reason." Luhan raised his eyebrow. "Anyway, halmoni is going to her checkup in the hospital later. She asked you to go with her." Soo Ra nodded her head. 


Luhan hugged halmonie while Soo Ra hugged LuYoon. After they broke their hugs, LuYoon smacked Luhan's arm making the latter to groan in pain. He glared at his sister while she smiled gladly to him. Miss Jung took Soo Ra to her bedroom and asked her to get ready since halmoni is going to do her checkup after half an hour. Soo Ra quickly took a shower and changed to a plain white T-shirt with a vintage flowery skirt. She topped it off with a pair of black flats. Miss Jung passed her a yellow envelope and explained to her that she needs that for her full body checkup. "I need to check my body?" Soo Ra asked, slightly shocked. Miss Jung nodded her head. "Madam said she wants you to be healthy so she made an appointment for you too." 

Luhan drove them to the them to the hospital and dropped them off in the main door while he went to park his car. YoonMi lead them to the front desk and after confirming their checkup time, they sat on the waiting room. Halmoni went in first and followed by Soo Ra. The checkup didn't take a long time for both of them. "The report will be out after two days. You all can claim it that time." After thanking the nurse, they went back. "Soo Ra, you will start your course tomorrow. LuYoon will guide you so don't be worry." Halmoni informed Soo Ra and she nodded obediantly. The day she awaited for so long had finally arrived. She had always dream to go to a college, to study like all other people do. 


Soo Ra is standing in front of her closet, wondering what to wear. LuYoon barged into her room and sat on her bed. "Don't worry so much. You look great in anything." LuYoon assured Soo Ra. She picked a pair of high waist tight jeans and a black singlet with a neon green cardigan. After wearing it, LuYoon picked a pair of gladiators for her. LuYoon asked her to spin around and showed a thumbs up for her. Soo Ra giggled like a small kid. The driver send four of them to school since all of their lessons start at the same time. Luhan and YoonMi went straight into their class while LuYoon guide Soo Ra around the school. "This should be all. Anything else?" Soo Ra shook her head smiled. "You need to register in the office. They will send someone at that point." LuYoon said before leaving Soo Ra in the office. 


YoonMi stood at the front desk of the hospital while waiting for the nurse. Luhan is in a meeting while LuYoon and Soo Ra are still in their class so she needs to take the health report for them. "Please wait awhile, miss." YoonMi smiled and took out her phone to check for any messages. "Miss, this is Madam Lu's report. And this is Miss Han's." the nurse passed YoonMi two envelopes. After putting them into her bag, she went to a coffee shop. She took out the envelopes and looked at the names on the envelope. "Han YuRa?" she picked up the envelope and looked at the name on top. Just as she wanted to change it, an idea popped out. She took out the report and read it. 

"Pregnant for 3 months" YoonMi smirked. She used a pen to cancel the name on the envelope and changed it to Han Soo Ra. When she reached home, she passed the reports to halmoni. Halmoni wore a pair of spectacles before reading the reports. She frowned when she read the word "Pregnant". She took off her glasses and masaged her temples. "YoonMi, how long has Soo Ra been here?" YoonMi thought for a while before answering. "About two months, halmoni." She slammed the report on the table. "Where is she now?" halmonie asked. "University. Do you want me to call her and ask her to come back now?" Halmonie shook her head. "I want her to explain herself in front of everyone. I will wait for her."


Luhan sat in front of the table, opposit halmonie while YoonMi stood beside halmonie. "We are back." LuYoon's voice echoed the living room. "Stop there." halmonie said. Both of them stopped their track and faced halmonie. Halmonie threw the report towards Soo Ra and she picked it up to read it. "Explain." Soo Ra shook her head. "I asked you to explain." Just when Soo Ra wanted to open , a hand landed on her cheek. "You are here for only lesser than two months, how can you be pregnant for three months?" Halmonie asked with her stern voice. Soo Ra's hands trembled and LuYoon placed one arm on her shoulder. "Halmonie, listen to Soo Ra. Maybe this is a misunderstanding." 

Halmonie closed her eyes and asked YoonMi to take her back to her room. Soo Ra gulped and looked at halmonie's back. "I am sorry."