Surprise Baby Shower

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins

March 18, 2016

It had been such a busy day and Mina had errands to run during lunch.  TaeYoung and Ilana were stuck in a meeting with the investment board all morning and while Mina excused herself from lunch due to a prior commitment, poor Ilana and TaeYoung were stuck going out to lunch with them.  She prayed Ilana would be alright, she knew the board wanted Ilana to go full speed in expanding the company, but that wasn't ILC's way.  She'd been hashing over the numbers the last several days and the headaches were getting more frequent.  When it got too much to bear, her boss got up and went for a fifteen-minute walk around the neighborhood.  She'd come back winded but otherwise feeling better.  But this morning she was stuck, Ilana had to keep her professional armor on and go head to head with the board.  She couldn't get up to go walk around the neighborhood to relieve her tension.  Mina was good at catching a cab now; she was aggressive enough to make herself noticeable.  It made all the difference of getting back to the office in a timely matter.  Arriving at Home Plus, she grabbed a few things she needed.  Her Mom sent her things like corn tortillas and dried chilies.  She needed cheese, some chicken, tomatillos, and avocados.  She wanted to go right home after work and prepare the salsa and the tortilla chips.  Finding what she needed at the store was easy, pricey, but easy.  Since they had a good variety of western foods, she frequented the store often.

Once in the cab on the way back to the office, she received a text from YoungSaeng.

YoungSaengOrabeoni needs help!  What is Mina yang doing tonight?

 - "Oh no you don't Orabeoni; I'm not going out drinking with you tonight.  I have to cook," Mina talked to her phone without actually being on a call.

MinaWaeyo?  Cooking for bby shwr."

YoungSaeng didn't know how he ended up having to go baby shopping for the girls.  He'd gotten a call from HyungJun a few minutes prior.

 - "Hyeong!"  He'd been practicing all morning and was ready to hit the shower to meet the vocal trainer in the afternoon.

 - "Mwo!"

 - "Aish!  You're lovable dongsaeng needs a favor from his Hyeong."

 - "How often does nae lovable Maknae use honorifics?"  It was a fact that he and JungMin rarely used honorifics with him and their Sunbae.  It was usually only when they wanted something.

 - "Wae?  It's only because we love you guys, we don't need to use honorifics."  Maknae giggled picturing his friend rolling his eyes on the other line.  "Yah Hyeong, juseyo.  We need your help."

 - "What is it..."  YoungSaeng replied in a bored tone of voice.

 - "Emily has been busy at the clinics all week and Kyu just got leave for the weekend, you know he's out of the army in a month.  Anyway, she's driving to Namson later to pick him up and..."

 - "Maknae!!!  You're rambling!"

 - "I'm getting there!  I'm getting there!  Saengie knows that YiHyun and I have been totally busy these last few weeks.  Between the F4 and Princess using our services, we've got a ton of work and we need the money for the wedding, deh?"

 - "Dehhhh..."

 - "So...we've been busy in the studio all day and have a photoshoot tonight...  The yeoja haven't had a chance to shop for Ilana's baby shower gift."

 - "Baby shower?"  This was his first-time hearing anything about it.

 - "Ah, since it's something the yeoja are doing, Hyeong probably hasn't heard anything.  They're throwing Ilana a baby shower tomorrow morning before she leaves next week.  None of us have time to go shopping.  They all have food and decorations, games and prizes covered, but no gift.  Hyeong knows it doesn't have to be extravagant!  Just something to show her we care and can't wait to meet the little princess."  HyungJun was getting excited just thinking about a cute little princess.  He was hoping to get some practice before getting married and hopefully getting his own little princess soon after.

 - "Why me?"

 - "You're available!"  He'd dropped the honorifics.

 - "Says who?!

 - "Juseyoooooooo?????"  Maknae whined, to YoungSaeng's irritation.  It was his way of getting his Hyeong's to do as he asked.  They give in just to shut him up.

 - "What am I supposed to get?"

 - "Mollah?  Call Mina-ssi and ask her what she got and get something similar.  We'll come by and get it before I drop YiHyun off at the party.  Just text me Sunbae's keycode, arraso?  Bye!"  Maknae quickly ended the call before YoungSaeng could yell at him.

YoungSaeng had sunk to the floor wondering what he was supposed to do.  He was an only child, so it wasn't like he had a niece or nephew.  He didn't know the slightest thing about babies or what they needed.  "Maknae!  How could he ask me of all people?"  He was the one trying to avoid Ilana for everyone's sake.  He wanted her to be happy and not worry about him.  He didn't realize that even if she was happy, she still worried about him.  It was sometime after the peach and yellow rose that she had come to realize he was avoiding her.

YoungSaeng:  The Yeoja don't have time to shop for a gift.  They asked me to help!  Eottoke?

Mina sighed.  "Why are men so helpless sometimes?"  The guys back home had often dragged her shopping for their girlfriends.

Mina:  Mollayo (whatever).  Wae are Emily and YiHyun worrying about a gift?  They can get something later.  Ilana is going to scold us enough for the shower!

YoungSaeng:  Because yeoja are difficult like that.

Mina:  Yah!!

YoungSaeng:  Miahnae, Miahnae!  YiHyun-ah and Emily-ah will kill Orabeoni if he doesn't get an appropriate gift.  Jaebal?!  Na will help you cook!

Mina was already in front of their building.  Paying her cab fare, she sighed at the bags in her hand.  She'd have to go home and drop the groceries off.  Having already been to the huge shopping center once that week, she didn't really want to go again.  However, having already been there once could give them an advantage.  Mina already knew who had what.

Once in the office, mina placed her groceries in their small refrigerator.  Ilana and TaeYoung wouldn't be back for another hour.

Mina:  Be at my apartment by six-thirty and we'll cook and then get to Namdaemun Market as soon as it opens.

YoungSaeng hadn't left the dance studio, waiting patiently for Mina's reply and was relieved when he saw she would help him.

YoungSaeng:  Gomawo, jagiya!

Mina read the response and replied.

Mina:  Naega jagiya only when Orabeoni wants something.

YoungSaeng couldn't help laughing.  Wasn't that the exact response he'd given Maknae?

YoungSaeng:  Jeongmal chincheol-hashigunyo (You are so sweet).

 - "Yeah right," Mina rolled her eyes, but couldn't help grin.

MiRi, her assistant, heard her boss mumbling to herself and shook her head.  It was a common occurrence now.  She vaguely wondered if her boss was dating someone.  Mina felt someone's eyes on her and she quickly put the phone in her drawer.  "Did MiRi-ssi, need something?She'd thought the girl was looking right at her.

 - "Anieyo, na was just resting my eyes from the computer monitor," MiRi didn't want to get in trouble for being nosey.

 - "Ah, deh," Mina smiled at her and went back to work.

By the time TaeYoung and Ilana had returned to the office, she had a grueling headache and thought for sure she'd throw up.  Practically jumping out of one of the two recently purchased company trucks, she ran to the bathroom in the lobby.

TaeYoung waited for his CEO to emerge from the bathroom.  Ilana's heart was racing like when she had severe anemia.  It was something she never thought of back then, but now that it had been absent for so long, the feeling was not pleasant.  She dreaded taking the iron supplements again as they were a major contributor to her nausea in the first trimester.  The meeting was push and pull.  She felt the board was getting greedy for a bigger profit margin.  She had already purchased the two company trucks as they were a necessary business expense.  TaeYoung was almost always on the road and it was getting more expensive to pay him mileage than to purchase a truck for him and his assistant to use.  As for the other truck, it not only saved on mileage but also delivery fees when the building maintenance division needed to purchase something large.  She was building the business steadily and only spending on what was necessary, but the board wanted her to acquire a construction company.  Once established, not only would it turn a profit, but cost less than subcontracting.  Mr. Rim, Sr. had run a statistics report for her.  It looked good on paper, but she wanted to run her own numbers, run it past the board at corporate, and JunPyo and WooBin who dabbled in the construction market as well.  In the end, she conceded to at least reviewing the numbers and having a decision made by the time she went on maternity leave.  At least they were happy with that much.

 - "Sajangnim!  Gwenchanayo?"  TaeYoung greeted his boss anxiously as she emerged from the bathroom door.  He had high regard for his younger boss; she didn't have his experience, but she had good business sense.  That was something you couldn't get with your degree; she had good mentors and made up for her lack of experience by knowing what qualifications to look for when hiring.

 - "Deh...Kansamnida TaeYoung-ssi.  Meoriapayo (I have a headache).  Na will go for a walk to clear my head and be back in about fifteen minutes."

 - "Should Sajangnim go on her own, at this time?  Is it wise?"

 - "Deh, Chi geonchugga (Architect Chi).  Na will be careful."

 - "Deh...if Sajangnim is not back in fifteen minutes, we're coming after you."

 - "Deh, Chi geonchugga."

These walks had been a daily occurrence as Ilana worked hard to ease everyone else’s workload.  She'd been delegating a few of the Marketing tasks to the team in Los Angeles and taking on more of the research for both offices.  JungMin was hardly ever in the office and was strictly doing sales calls and after giving the rest of his team the marketing concept, they took it from there.  This evened out the workload for everyone, but the constant staring at the monitor left Ilana feeling anxious and getting headaches.  "Lord Jesus, I thank you for the gifts you have deposited in me. I do not take them lightly but commit to using them responsibly and well."  She walked slowly as she prayed.  "Give me a fresh supply of truth and beauty on which to draw as I do my job. Anoint my creativity, my ideas, my energy, so that even my smallest task may bring you honor.  Lord, when I am confused, guide me.  When I am weary, energize me."  She needed energizing a lot lately.  "Lord, when I am burned out, infuse me with the light of your Holy Spirit."  She mostly prayed those exact words every walk.  She was halfway through her walk and felt she could stand straighter and the pain in her head beginning to ebb.  She always finished her walk with a song and didn't care who heard.  Most people just smiled at her as she walked and sang.  It wasn't like she had a horrible voice and sang out of tune. (Music)

Christ alone; cornerstone

Weak made strong; in the Savior’s love

Through the storm, He is Lord

Lord of all.

Ilana was finishing a few reps of the chorus as she arrived at the building door.  "Momeun jom joajisyeoseoyo (Are you feeling better)?"  The building security asked.

 - "Deh, Ajussi," Ilana smiled at the older man.  He took very good care of the building for her.  And yes, by the time she returned to the office, she usually felt a little better.

 - "Choahyo!"  He bowed and held the door for her.

 - "Gwenchanayo?"  JiNa greeted her boss as she walked in the door.

 - "Deh," she was a little tired, but at least didn't feel like throwing up anymore.

Mina said a quick ‘thank you’ prayer as she saw Ilana walk by.  TaeYoung too could breathe a little easier now that she was back.  Very quickly worries were placed on the back burner as work consumed all of them.

Just passed six P.M., JiNa excused herself first.  "I'll be leaving first," she announced.

 - "Ah deh, I'll walk out with you," Mina said.  She needed to get home.  MiRi had left earlier to do some field research for a client wanting to open a new business.  "Let me tell Ilana we're leaving."  Walking to Ilana's door, Mina knocked on the door frame, startling her.

 - "Aish, Mina!!"  Ilana didn't how Mina always managed to startle her.  It could be because she was always so focused on what she was doing she completely blocked everything and everyone around her.

Mina laughed at Ilana's irritated expression.  "Kayo Sojangnim!  Jeongmalyo, you look exhausted.  We still have to come back tomorrow."

 - "Deh!!  I didn't realize my head was hurting again until just now.  I'll lock up, Jihoo is also running late.  I told him I'd go to the conservatory and meet him there.  I've got to decide who of these Intern candidates to interview next week.  Tomorrow I'll only be in for a couple of hours.  I can't go at this pace anymore; my hands and ankles are starting to swell in the afternoons.  I want more time with our little Goddaughter before we leave.  Maybe I'll go get her a book."  Ilana smiled at the thought of little Hana.

 - "Get some rest!  I'll see you tomorrow!"  Mina walked out of the office and met JiNa in the hall outside their suite.  "Sajang's chingu will be here later to decorate the conference room.  MiRi-ssi and you need to get here as early as possible to help.  I might be running a few minutes late.  I'm going to have a late night."

 - "Dehhh!  MiRi-ssi and I will be in by eight.  Uissa has already said he'll keep Sajang home as long as possible."

 - "Uissa will get the job done.  Trust me."

 - "Deh!"  Everyone knew their stubborn CEO only listened to her husband.

Ilana felt that funny feeling in her chest again and was a little nauseous.  It was time for her to get out of there.   She took the resumes with all intention of reviewing them later.  For now, she walked slowly to the front of the building where the driver was waiting.  She didn't want to tie up the driver in case Harabeoji needed him, but both Harabeoji and Jihoo insisted the driver was just as much at her disposal.  Now, she felt grateful not to have to try and catch a cab in her current state.

The driver helped Ilana out of the SUV and opened the conservatory door for her.  "Gomawoyo," she inclined her head respectfully and continued on to the practice room.  The driver went away with a smile.  He had been serving the Yoon Grandson since he was in his early teens.  He was proud that his young master grew to be an upstanding citizen, Doctor, and now husband to a kind and unpretentious woman.

Ilana wandered the halls until she arrived at the reserved classroom.  "Contreras-ssi!"  Her coach greeted.

 - "Seonsaengnim!Though she'd only met the instructor a handful of times, Ilana had gotten attached very quickly.  She was no-nonsense and most likely very intimidating to the young students that arrived full of dreams of grandeur.  But for Ilana who just wanted to sing what was in her heart, she joyfully absorbed everything the teacher showed her.

 - "Shall we begin?"

 - "Deh, Seonsaengnim."  For the next fifteen minutes, Ilana didn't have time to think of anything as she ran through scales and breathing exercises.

 - "Choahyo, let me hear the song, now," her coach said.

 - "I brought a different song to try with you.  It has a higher key."  She brought out 'As the Deer,' she found herself humming it to HaEun before bedtime.  'The Blessing’, Ilana thought she had that one down solid and was ready to sing it to Jihoo for their anniversary.  It had been a while since they'd just tinkered on the piano together.

Ilana had spaced out, envisioning a quiet and tender scene of her and Jihoo on the piano and HaEun and a little boy playing with some toy underneath.  Her lips stretched in a smile until her teacher brought her back to the present"Yah!  Contreras-ssi is here to sing, not daydream!"

 - "Deh, Seonsaengnim!"  Startled awake she was now ready to sing.

Jihoo was running extremely late and was worried about Ilana waiting for him at the conservatory.  Her training session had been over for an hour and must be starving.  He hoped she had wandered to the concession on campus and at least bought herself some gimbap until he arrived.  She hadn't answered her phone, but he knew reception in the classrooms was hit or miss.  Also, she was probably caught up in her singing and oblivious to anything around her.

Once in the building, he ran straight to the classroom she reserved.  He didn't know which Ilana would be waiting for him, the grumpy one, the emotional one, or the physically or mentally exhausted one"Sarang!  Mian, it's so late.  Did you eat?"  He'd rushed right into the classroom to see her seated at the piano.  "Sarang?"  He approached her gently as she hadn't responded.  He sat on the bench next to her and smiled.  Her head was leaning on her arm on top of the piano, while her other hand rested on the keys.  The tablet, he assumed, had been propped up and was now flat.  "Why didn't you go home?" He whispered.  He didn't want to wake her just yet.  He took her tablet and saw she'd been playing 'Brahms Lullaby'.  "Sarang, pabo put herself to sleep."  Placing the tablet back in her bag, he saw her shoes.  Slippers in the classroom were regulation.  He debated putting her shoes back on but decided against it.

Walking back to the piano, he sat next to her and un-propped her elbow, leaning her against him.  "Sarang, kaja."  He rubbed her arm to wake her and placed soft kisses on her head"Sarang!"  He took a swollen hand and massaged it firmly.   "Wake up, deh?"  Some days were easier than others to wake her from spontaneous sleep.  Judging from her mostly colorless face, it had been a long day.  "Sarang..."  He tickled her neck in his favorite spot.

Ilana felt a ticklish sensation on her neck that also began to travel down her body.  "Sarang...," she half protested.  Opening her eyes, she was All of a sudden, confused about her surroundings and momentarily panicked feeling someone's arm around her.  Sitting up, startled, she then sank back in relief.  "It's you!"  She brought her hand to her thumping chest.

 - "It's you?  Is that how nae anae greets her nampyeon?"

Ilana chuckled at his mock indignation.  "HaEun Appa, mianhae."  She gave his lips three staccato kisses before he pulled her back to him for a slow and tender kiss.

 - "Kaja, nae sleepy anae.  Did you eat anything?"

The thought of food was appealing, but her head was a little fuzzy and she felt a little nauseous.  "Anieyo, na bae angopayo (I'm not hungry)."

 - "Sarang knows my response to that."  That was the second time that week she had tried to skip dinner.  Gaining only the bare minimum required for the baby was great but she couldn't afford to lose anything, especially in the last trimester.

 - "Butternut squash porridge," she replied without enthusiasm.

Jihoo helped her up from the bench and steadied her with his arm around her waist.  "Pigonhaeyo (tired), ara, hajiman Sarang needs to eat.  In the morning, Sarang can head to the office when she wakes up.  No alarm, arraso?"  This way he kept his wife resting longer and the girls had plenty of time to set up the conference room.

 - "Deh, Sarang."  She yawned having no problem agreeing.

YoungSaeng had been waiting for Mina in front of her apartment building and they were now happily cooking away in her kitchen.  She had set him to quarter an onion and deseed a few serrano's while she washed and peeled the tomatillos.  Throwing everything on a baking sheet, including some garlic, she threw it all in the broiler.  "That was easy enough; now help me shred this chicken I boiled last night."  Mina looked up to see YoungSaeng using his sleeve to rub his eyes.  "Omo!  Orabeoni..." taking a clean kitchen towel, she immediately took the milk from the refrigerator and poured some onto the towel.  "How could you touch your eyes?"  She pulled him by the hand and led him to the couch.

 - "Anieyo!  Na just swept my hair out my eyes and then I had an itch and I just rubbed it with my knuckle!"

 - "With your fingers right next to the knuckle?!  Pabo!  These serrano chilies are potent.  Anja.Mina grabbed his waist and sat him down.

YoungSaeng tried to open his eyes at the feel of her hands on his waist but couldn't.  He sincerely hoped his face wasn't blushing.  "Gwenchanayo!"

 - "Anngwenchanayo...," placing the milk-soaked towel on his eye, she heard him sigh in relief.  Considering she had never put that trick to use, she was glad it worked.  Mina knelt on the couch and dabbed his eyes gently.

YoungSaeng didn't know why, but his heart seemed to be palpitating strangely.  It's true he hadn't been this close to a woman since before his military service, but this feeling was something completely new and strange"Mina-yah...gwenchanaeyo..."  Perhaps it was the memory of those pictures and the warmth emanating from her closeness that was confusing his mind.

 - "Chinchayo?"  She asked with concern, he seemed to be in a lot of discomfort.

It was easier for him to open his eyes now and he looked up to her face, seeing her look of concern.  "Gomawoyo, it’s better, chinchayo."  He needed to put some space in between them.  "Na will wash my face and then come help with the chicken, deh?"

 - "Arraseo, Orabeoni can use my cleanser if he wants."

 - "Deh, gomawoyo."  YoungSaeng went into the bathroom and scrubbed his face with cold water, wondering what was happening to him.

When the vegetables were done in the broiler, they successfully finished blended them into a spicy, tangy and delicious sauce.  Mina fried tortillas with ease, for their own dinner.  YoungSaeng watched in admiration at her skills in the kitchen.  "Any man would be lucky to have her," he thought.  She was not only beautiful, but she was also an accomplished businesswoman, sweet, caring, and could cook.  He had to laugh at his crazy thoughts.  He must be working too hard lately.

 - "Yah, Orabeoni, what's so funny?"  Mina heard his laughter.

 - "Amogotdoyo, na was just thinking random thoughts that made me laugh."

 - "Arraseo, don't get too lost in those thoughts.  Dinner will be served in two minutes."  Having drained the chips on paper napkins, she now divided them on to two plates, added the green sauce, chicken, and cheese.  "Voila!"  Walking past the kitchen entrance, where YoungSaeng had been leaning, she set the plates on the table.

 - "Masheessuhyo," YoungSaeng inhaled the savory bouquet emerging from the plate.

Mina served them water and passed out napkins and fork.  "Try it Orabeoni and make sure it doesn't need anything."

 - "Jalmogetsumnida!"  YoungSaeng's mouth was watering and could hardly wait for that first bite "Mm…ooh!!!"  He reached for the water, the heat surprised him.

 - "Too spicy?"  Mina was worried.

 - "Anieyo, anieyo!"  YoungSaeng shook his head.  "It just caught me by surprise!"

 - "Chinchayo?"

 - "Dehh," after the initial bite his mouth was getting used to the spiciness.

Even Mina had to reach for the water.  "Oooh!  That first bite is a doozy.  I'll add more chicken stock and tone it down in the morning.  Greon, Orabeoni doesn't need to go too crazy tonight, it's mostly a goodbye party as well as a baby shower.  She probably won't be back until HaEun's 100th day so we didn't want to get her things she'll have to take back.  Let her leave some things here so they don’t have to shop for HaEun when they come back or carry things with them."

 - "Algesseupnida."

They continued eating and chatting about their day.  When they were done, Mina took up the plates to wash them and YoungSaeng followed"Na will wash."

 - "Anieyo, Orabeoni is my guest.  It's only a few dishes.  We already cleaned up our previous mess."

 - "Chincha?"

 - "Deh...ka!  Watch TV or something."  YoungSaeng pouted, he just wanted to hang out in the kitchen with her.  "Wae?!"  Mina laughed "Orabeoni doesn't want to sit?"

 - "If Na sit now, I'll fall asleep and Mina Yang will have to shop for our gift alone."

 - "Andwaeyo!  Orabeoni can dry the dishes."

A few hours later they were deep in the heart Namdaemun market, they perused many small shops and YoungSaeng was at a loss.  "What do I get?"

 - "Anything...clothes, blankets, stuffed animals, things for the nursery."

They were in a store full of cute baby clothes, but nothing called to him.  Mina had told him to plan for fall as that would most likely be when they returned.  Ilana wasn't into the pastels; would she dress her daughter in the same way?  She had changed.  He knew this and felt as if really didn't know her at all anymore.  A frilly two-tone pink sleeveless tutu dress caught his eye.  The bodice was covered in lace and the slightly darker pink tulle skirt had an ice pink piping at the hem and to top it off a sash of 3D mini pink roses adorned the waste.   Not caring that the delicate dress was most likely not practical, he smiled widely and decided it would be his way of torturing his dongsaeng.  "This dress…” 

 - "Orabeoni, chincha?"

 - "Deh..., get accessories to go with it."  It was a summer dress and they picked up a cute little pink bonnet  and a packet of assorted frilly little socks.  He began to enjoy himself.  They left that store and found another one with more little dresses.  "This one..." he pointed to a retro-style coral and white dress with the matching bloomers.  A solid black stripe at the waist and fabric daisy completed the look.   It was simpler than the tutu but still extravagant for Ilana's tastes.  He didn't recall her wearing very many accessories but the flower at the waist reminded him of the flower he’d once stuck in her hair.  Looking around, he wondered what other frilly little girl things he could get.  

Mina observed her friend who looked like he was enjoying himself very much.  "Orabeoni, those dresses are adorable, but Jihoo Uissa and Ilana aren't extravagant in their lifestyles."

 - "Mollahyo!  Na dongsaeng hasn't been teased by Oppa in a long time."  He was grinning from ear to ear.  "She's overdue.  Let's go to the imports stores and see what they have."

 - "Arraseo, hajiman the others are going to kill me if you overspend."

 - "There are five of us to split the cost."

Mina was the one that was supposed to lead this shopping trip and now she was left to follow and help carry the bags.  They looked in a few shops and found one that had crib bedding.  Curious, YoungSaeng perused the different bags and grinned widely when he came across what he hoped to find.  A sales lady came to help YoungSaeng pull the bag out of its place"Ajussi, Agassi are you expecting?"  The lady asked.

Mina turned bright red at the lady’s comment.

 - "Anieyo Ajumma!  It's for na yeodongsaeng," YoungSaeng answered as Mina had somehow lost her voice.

 - "Ah deh!  Gwenchana you both look young, your time will come," the ajumma eyed Mina's hips and stomach appreciatively.

 - "Deh Ajumma, kansamnida," YoungSaeng gave the lady cash and grabbed Mina quickly by the hand, dragging her out if the store.  He felt her glaring at him behind his back.

Once out of the store, Mina yanked her hand away “Yah!  Heo YoungSaeng-ssi!!  Is there a reason Orabeoni didn’t tell the ajumma we weren’t a couple?”

YoungSaeng laughed.  If Ilana didn’t show her feelings at all, this girl he could at least tell when she was angry.  Any angrier and she’d be breathing fire.  “YoungSaeng-ssi!!”

 - Miahnae!!!  Mina-yang should see her face.”  Finding the situation very funny, he laughed a second more and decided it was best if he stopped before her balled fist made contact with some part of his body“Jagi gwiyowiyo when she's angry.  Anieyo!!  Anieyo!"  He restrained her arms at her side "Let me explain.  It was the fastest way to get out of there without further commentary.  Had we told the Ajumma we weren’t married or dating she would ask why and go into a tirade of how the younger generation doesn't know what's good for them and that's why you need a matchmaker to hurry things along and how do we expect to honor our parents with grandchildren when we haven't even gotten married...mwo...mwo...mwo (blah...blah...blah)."

Mina had been listening but not wanting to have a forgiving heart for the mortification he caused her, no matter what the reason.  He'd been explaining so earnestly and then he had just had to say 'mwo...mwo...mwo' with the most pained look on his face, she practically went into convulsions from laughing so hard.

 - "Waaeee?"  YoungSaeng let go her arms to her relief.  At least now she could cover her laughter and not make a scene.

Mina shook her head, still unable to speak; in fact, she wasn't quite sure she was breathing, she was laughing so hard.

 - "Aiiish!  Mina-yang!"  He shook her a bit trying to get a reaction other than her maniacal laughing.

 - "M-m-mi-mian.  M-mianhae!  Mianhaeyo, Na have never heard... (more laughter) any...one say that!"

 - "Mwwoo?  Yah jagi pigonhaeyo?"  She must be really exhausted from work, he thought.  It was almost eleven-thirty and he knew she wasn't prone to staying up late.

 - "Anieyo...gwenchanaeyo...let's keep shopping."  Mina was gasping for breath.  Tears were even forming at the corners of her eyes.  YoungSaeng rolled his eyes, took the bags at her feet and the comforter set.  While Mina still grinned behind her hand, he adjusted the bags in one hand and with his free hand flicked her forehead.  "Yah!!!"  She yelled at him.

 - "Na got your attention, deh?  Kaja," he grabbed her by the wrist.  Completely forgetting he wasn't supposed to do that anymore.

Mina too had forgotten, since she still was angry over the forehead flick.  She let herself be led, sulking to Shinsegae Department Store.  Finally waking up from whatever trance she was in, Mina stopped, pulled out of his grasp and socked him hard in the arm.

 - "Wae?!"  He rubbed the spot on his arm after dropping the bags.

 Mina picked up the bags with the dresses.  "For the forehead flick and dragging me by the wrist."

 - "Mian, na had to stop you before you passed out from lack of air," he gave her his cute otter's smile, he didn't even know he had, and even more, he didn’t know she couldn't resist it.

 - "Deh....," she said reluctantly.

 - "Did Orabeoni hurt you?"

 - "Deh!"  She crossed her arms in a defensive state.  It mainly stung and really annoyed her.  It's funny to see it on TV, but not so fun to be on the receiving end of a forehead flick.

YoungSaeng couldn't resist chuckling at her pout.  In a way, she reminded him of Maknae the way he'd get all hurt and blustery at their teasing.  The difference was Mina fought back.  "Mianhaeyo," he rubbed her crossed arms.  Before she knew what he was doing, he kissed her softly on the forehead "Better, Jagi?"

Mina was left dumbstruck again and she absolutely hated when he did that.  She nodded her head 'yes' and began to walk into the department store.  Taking a deep breath, she looked back to YoungSaeng, "Orabeoni only calls me ‘jagi’ when he wants something."  Pretending that something caught her eye in the store, she turned her back on him once again.  If she looked at him a moment longer, she wouldn't be able to hide the longing in her heart.  Why did her first true love have to be an otter?

YoungSaeng was just a step behind her, he couldn't read her face.  It wasn't her usual teasing and he didn't understand the meaning behind the words.  Not that he tried but if he had, he would have heard her sorrowful tone on the verge of tears.  Stepping up behind her at the perfume counter, he saw her sniffing one of the perfumes.

Admiring the scent of the perfume in front of her was all she needed to compose herself.  "Orabeoni, what do you think?"  She pulled up her sleeve and spritzed her wrist, offering it to him for inspection.

Smiling, YoungSaeng took the offered wrist"Choahyo, light and fresh like a picnic on the beach letting the waves hit your feet as you eat oranges with your cute angel."  If his breath tickling the inside of her wrist wasn't driving her crazy, his words made her melt.

She knew her entire body was flushed red and she could hear her heart thumping in her ears.  She cautiously made eye contact.  "Na wouldn't mind...a picnic on the beach...with you?"  Mina swallowed nervously and meant to release herself from his hold on her wrist.

Again, YoungSaeng was reacting in a strange way to her words.  He felt a little warm and when she was going to remove herself from his grasp, he didn't want to let her go.  His heart was beating fast.  Curious as to why but not having time to think, he kept studying the scent even as they made eye contact and then his hand just moved on its own bringing the inside of her wrist to his lips and kissed it.  Not really knowing where this desire for skinship had come from; at the moment he didn't really care.  He let go of her wrist and grinned.  "After Na sell my album, na will take Mina yang on a vacation."  He ruffled her hair to diffuse that strange tension around them.

Mina shook her head, not quite knowing what just happened or how long they'd been standing at the perfume counter.  "Orabeoni...pigonhaeyo...don't you think you're spending too much?"

 - "Anieyo, they told me to get whatever I wanted and I'm having fun.  Just one quick trip around the store and we'll go, arraso?"

 - "We can leave the bags in a locker and I can give you a ride on my back to go with the wrist grab and forehead flick?"

 - "Orabeoni, hajima!"  She playfully pinched his arm and they both burst out laughing.  "Orabeoni's been teasing me all night."

 - "Mmm, choah seeing nae angel smiling and blushing."  She glared at him.  "Mina yang gwiyowiyo when she gets angry too."

 - "Orabeoni can finish on his own!!"  She made to walk off and he grabbed her arm this time.

 - "Anieyoooo, jabaaal," he tried a little aegyo, making a heart shape with his hands.

Mina fell for it as expected.  Who wouldn't?  Catching herself grinning at his antics like a lovesick schoolgirl, as Emily put it, she quickly got rid of her smile "Arraseo, the baby section and that's it!"  She made a sweeping motion with her hand, continuing her lecture in English "Then we’re done!  And no more funny stuff, Mister!"

 - "Ah, deh!"

 - "Someone ought to make those dimples illegal," Mina thought as they began to walk.

YoungSaeng made a mental note to come back for the perfume she liked.  She deserved it for all she did for him.  Another frilly pink dress caught his eye at the entrance of the children's department.

 - "Orabeoni!!  Get something practical."

 - "The bedding was practical."

 - "Majayo..."  She couldn't fault him there.

There were a few stuffed animals along the wall and vaguely wondered if Ilana still had the teddy and turtle Maknae had given her.  Taking a plush snake, he draped it over Mina's shoulder.  She gave him an annoyed look.  "Arrayo.  Arrayo."  He was getting a second wind, while she was done hours ago.  The wall had a wide variety of plush toys.  "Na think Cin..." she shook his head, smiling a bit"Ilana-yah would not appreciate the snake."

 - "Anieyo," she wondered what he stumbled over.

He picked up random stuffed animals, a giraffe, a monkey, an elephantm, and a panda.  When he reached for the panda his eyes lit with joy.  "Mina-yah!"  Throwing the panda to the side, he picked up the otter.  

 - "Gwiyowiyo!  Ah, Orabeoni is trying to be HaEun’s favorite ajussi," Mina wagged a finger at him"Let’s buy him a big bow on the way out."

 - "Arraseo."


March 19, 2016

Another forty-five minutes later, with the stuffed otter, hair ribbons, tights with a frilly bottom, gift boxes and gift wrap and ribbon, finally at one A.M., they were in the cab.  It was a very short ride for Mina and she felt bad that YoungSaeng had another fifteen minutes travel.

 - "Na will pay for the cab," YoungSaeng said on their arrival to her building"Ka! Before Mina falls asleep in the elevator."

It was true her eyes were barely staying open.  She really wanted to talk with him more, especially about Ilana.  Entirely too exhausted, she chickened out and didn’t invite him over for their usual drink and chat.  He was confusing her with his flirting and skinship.  "Deh, Orabeoni.  Jaljayo."

 - "Deh.  Have fun tomorrow, nae angel.  Na will not call you when I get home.  Go straight to sleep."

 - "I still have to wash my face and brush my teeth.  Gwenchanayo, Na will be just getting into bed when you get home.  Ka!  The meter is still running."  She pushed him slightly.

 - "Arraseo, I'll text Mina yang, hajiman Na hope she's asleep already."  He gave her a tight hug and gave her forehead a kiss upon releasing her.  "Jaljaeyo, nae angel."  He quickly got back in the cab and Mina half floated to her apartment.  Perhaps the hard questions could wait for later.  She fell asleep remembering the feel of his lips on the inside of her wrist.

YoungSaeng arrived back at HyunJoong's apartment and sent his report.

YoungSaeng:  Na waseyo.  Mina-yang didn't give me her blessing.  Algesseupnida, angels need their rest too.  Na will guard my own sleep tonight and Mina-yang's too.  Jaljaeyo, gwiyowiyo angel."

It took YoungSaeng only five minutes to brush his teeth and quickly wash his face.  He didn't understand where these tender feelings for Mina were coming from.  She was sweet and comfortable, and he enjoyed the time they spent together.  In fact, he realized he’d waited with great anticipation to see her this evening.  It had been a long time since he'd felt that way, but what exactly 'that' was, he didn't know.  He didn't want to think he was flirting with her, in his mind he was being friendly, and he enjoyed teasing her.  He said a quick prayer, something he hadn't done in a long time, of thanksgiving for her companionship and friendship.  "Yesu, watch over her sleep, may she rest well and not be too tired later."  He finished his prayer and was asleep in seconds.

Mina arrived at the office building still on an emotional high from the evening before.  She'd slept blissfully well and upon waking she knew it had to have been the otter prince's magic.  She had eagerly replied to his text.

Mina:  Na slept extremely well.  Gomawoyo Orabeoni, for watching over my sleep.  Jeon haru jwaseyo.  Don't work too hard.

Pink paper covered the floor to ceiling windows of the conference room.  Mina was surprised to find it still under construction.  "You're running late?  Na thought you were going to decorate last night?"

 - "Mianhaeyo Mina-ssi," JanDi said.  "I was really tired and JunPyo wouldn’t let me out."

 - "Na came for a little while, hajiman JeongHee became fussy and YiJung was working.  Eommoni was worried there was something wrong with her.”

 - "Anieyo,” she dismissed their apologies.  “Unnie-deul should have called me earlier?"  She had sat down the food and immediately began to help KyuJong cut string for the balloons he was blowing up.  "Is this how the namja got stuck helping?"  Mina asked.

 - "Gwenchanayo, na can take a few hours off.  Na asked one of the Nurse Practitioners at the hospital to cover for me."

 - "Jongie-yah better not have any secret admirers," Emily playfully threatened.

 - "Anieyo! The only admirer na want is nae Emi."  Every now and then he called her Emi as a pet name.

 - "Majayo!"

Mina grinned at the cute couple, even if they were being gushy as usual.  It didn't seem to grate on her as much this morning"Hyung Oppa, they got you too?"

HyungJun was busy helping hang, from the ceiling, small black paper flowers amongst giant pink flowers in every shade from hot to baby pink.  "Yah Mina-ssi!  Did you have to let Saengie spend so much money last night?"

 - "Mianhaeyo Hyung Oppa, na did tell him you would get angry.  He didn't listen and began to shop like a madman."  Mina couldn't help smiling at the memory of the evening.  Turning back to the string she was cutting, the ajumma from the store was suddenly brought to mind.  "In nae defense, o-o...Heo YoungSaeng-ssi...," she almost referred to him as Orabeoni.  That would not have been good amongst these people.  It would infer a deeper relationship other than marketing director and client, regardless of their ages"...did say Hyung Oppa told him to get whatever he wanted."

 - "Not W67,000 per person!"

 - "Junnie..."  His fiancé began to scold.  "It's Ilana's first and we won't see her for almost six months.  Would she hesitate to give us anything, ever?  It's not like it's that much and KyuJong-ssi and Emily aren't complaining."

KyuJong and Emily smiled at each other across the room.  Maknae could be cheapskate when he got into a certain mood.

 - "Ara..., it's just we're saving for the wedding...," he pouted and avoided his fiancé’s gaze.

 - "A few thousand won isn't going to kill us."  YiHyun understood he wanted to give her a nice wedding and make up for the time he was in the army not making money and she was running the studio on her own.  Setting down the decorative hanging in her hands, she climbed the ladder with her fiancé.

 -"Yah!  What are you doing?"

 - "This!"  She carefully lay her head against the middle of his back.  "Gomawo for everything you do for me."

 - "Anieyo, you're making me nervous.  Get down before you fall."

 - "Deh!!"  She laughed.

JiNa and MiRi arrived a few minutes later with side dishes, bowls, plates and disposable chopsticks.  "What time is Sajangnim coming?"  JiNa asked.

 - "In about another hour," Mina answered.  "Uissa wanted her to sleep as much as she could.  Sajang text me while I was on the way over to let me know she'd be in around eleven.  She was still trying to wake up.  Uissa had already told me he wouldn't drop her off until after eleven."

JaeKyung and Hana were the next ones to arrive with game supplies and prizes.  The last to arrive were TaeYoung's wife and their maintenance manager’s wife.  They brought in the other main dishes.

Surveying the room JaeKyung said:  "I think we're ready?  We just need Ilana to get here."  JaeKyung whether pregnant, not pregnant, nursing or not, was always hungry.  She sniffed at the food expectantly"It smells delicious!  JanDi-ah!  The cupcakes look daeback!  You made them yourself?"

 - "Deh and the gimbap, since Jihoo says that's the most of what she eats."

 - "Majayo," Mina said.

 - "Don't forget butternut squash porridge," JiNa said.

 - "Ani, that's her favorite even when she wasn't pregnant," JanDi said.

HyungJun took pictures of the newly decorated room, food, and gifts.  "If the namja want to stay and at least eat, na think it would be fair.  They did help decorate," Mina said.

 - "Majayo," HyungJun pouted.

 - "Does anyone mind if the namja stay?"  Emily asked.  Since they planned the party, she and Mina had some say in it.

 - "Greomyo!"  JaeKyung heartily agreed.

 - "Deh!  They helped, they should stay as long as they want," GaEul said.

 - "They have to participate in the games," YiHyun looked at her fiancé with a challenging smile.

 - "How hard can your games be?"  HyungJun dismissed her challenge.

 - "Just wait and see Kim HyungJun-ssi," JaeKyung teased.  "Ah, if you're staying, you can take pictures and give YiHyun the afternoon off.”

 - "Yah!!"  HyungJun had just been tricked out of his day off.

 - "Junnie, jaebal?"  YiHyun batted her eyelashes cutely.

 - "Aish, I can't resist when you do that." HyungJun, now off the ladder, gave his fiancé a kiss on the cheek.

 - "Maknae, let's return the ladder and other tools we borrowed to the maintenance room."  KyuJong figured they'd let the woman finish setting up without them.

When the men returned JaeKyung passed out safety pins for everyone to wear, including the men, and told them she would explain the rules.

Ilana had the resumes open on her lap, as Jihoo drove her to the office.  He had her hand in his, gently massaging her fingers with his.  She was forced to do everything one-handed but wasn’t complaining.  Stopping, she looked up at her husband's profile and smiled.  He'd massaged her swollen hands last night as well.  It, unfortunately, led to a crying session as hormonal mood swings heightened by fatigue, discomfort, and just a little bit of fear took control.

 Jihoo had liberally applied coconut oil to her hands with his and was now massaging each finger with his thumb as they lay in bed"Sarang, we should put your rings on a chain."

 - "Shiro!"  She did not want to remove her rings.  She didn't care how tight they sometimes felt.

 - "Sarang..." he tried again, gently "Aren't they getting uncomfortable?"  He paid special attention to her ring finger, knowing it had to be uncomfortable for her.

 - "Anieyo."

Finishing with her fingers, he took her hand and kissed her ring finger and then checked to the tightness of the ring.  He drew in his breath noticing the red mark of the rings beginning to cut into her flesh.  "Sarang..."

 - "Gwenchana...just leave it alone."  Jihoo ignored her and rubbed more coconut oil into her finger with the intent of removing her rings, starting with her wedding ring.  "Hajima!!"

 - "Sarang, annchoah the way they're hurting you."

 - "Anieyo!  They don't hurt."

"Sarang, don't be stubborn..."

 - "Hajima!!  They're my fingers!  Stop!!"

She pulled her hand out of his grasp and hid them under the pillow.  Jihoo looked at her startled as tears were falling fast down her face.   "Sarang, wae?"  He drew her closer to him and ran a soothing hand up and down her back"Yah..."  She was sobbing by now and he didn't understand why; all he could do was hold her and infuse her with his love.  "Gwenchana...gwenchana...," he continued to her hair and back while she trembled from her sobs.  "Is Sarang sure, she's not in discomfort?"

  Ilana shook her head 'yes'.  She didn't know why this was so important to her or why she was reacting in this way, she just was, and she couldn't stop.

 - "Arraso, as long as you tell me if it becomes a problem; make sure to take the green tea supplements."  Again, she nodded.  "Can Sarang stop crying now, mmm?"  He gently asked.  She tried to stop, but her eyes wouldn't obey her.  Jihoo held her, humming one of her favorite songs until she fell asleep.  With much prayer, they would survive seven and a half more weeks of pregnancy"Yesu, eottoke?"  He was starting to think getting on a plane was not a good idea.

They'd arrived at the office building "Na will you to your office."

 - "Pabo, I know the way," she husband, but in reality loved that he walked her to her office every day.

 - "Just in case Sarang gets lost," he wrapped his arms around her.  At thirty-two weeks pregnant, she really was all baby and didn't have an ounce more than she needed on her.  The only problem was the swelling come the afternoons.  Jihoo just grazed her lips with his, making her pout, but he still didn't kiss her deeper.  She sighed and began to walk into the building.

They were greeted by the security, who was aiding and abetting her surprisers"Contreras-ssi," he bowed.  "There's an issue that requires your attention.  Contreras-ssi is being waited for in the conference room."

 - "But wae did no one contact me?"

 - "Na believe your staff is already taking care of the situation."

Ilana was getting upset that she wasn't consulted.  She was glad Mina was most likely handling it, but she should have been informed at the very least.  She would have come to the office earlier.  Taking off in the direction of the elevator, Jihoo stopped her.  "Sarang, take a deep breath and calm down before we get in the elevator."  He wished the security hadn't given her a story to get her riled up"I'm sure there's a logical explanation why you weren't contacted."

 - "Sarang knows that our name is important and Mina-ssi and TaeYoung-ssi are my VP's, hajima it's my signature that's the final authority.  I need to know when a problem occurs."

 -"Deh Sarang," he rubbed his hands up and down her arms to relax her.  He would be angry as well, if this were a real situation.  He calmly stepped into the elevator with her and bent his head to nibble at her lips, slowly pulling them in with his, getting her to relax as he inflamed their passions.  She parted her lips to admit his tongue and all worries temporarily fled the scene.  The elevator came to a stop and she reluctantly separated.  He gave her one more peck on the lips before the doors opened.

 - "Surprise!!!!"  Everyone yelled as soon as Jihoo and Ilana stepped out of the elevator corridor.

Ilana screamed in shock and stepped back into Jihoo, who probably stopped her from falling back.  "Omo!"  She had a hand to her chest trying to stop her heart from jumping out in fright.  "Yah!  What is this?"  She looked at all the pink decorations and the food, her brain still trying to grasp what was going on.

 - "It's your baby shower and going away party!"  Emily said, bouncing on her heels.

 - "Guys, you didn't have to do this...," she replied in a small voice, eyes already getting weepy and the party hadn't even started yet.  Jihoo rubbed her arms and the other moms looked on with knowing smiles.  They knew what it was like to break into tears for anything and everything.

 - "Greomyo!"  Mina hugged her boss, and JiNa and MiRi followed suit.

 - "How do you feel?"  JanDi greeted her, while looking at Jihoo for the answer Ilana would not give.  In the meantime, InHei rubbed Ilana's tummy as a greeting to HaEun.

 -  "Other than over-sensitive emotions, we'll be fine once we're back home and she's resting better.  Mina, JiNa and MiRi-ssi will be happy to have their Sajang out of their hair for a little while."

 - "Mollan anjji!  Sajangnim makes everything easier when she's in the office!"  JiNa declared earnestly.  She had developed a sort of awe for their young CEO.

 - "Gomawoyo, Jina-ssi," Ilana smiled in danger of tearing up again.

 - "Yah!  Let's get this party started!"  JaeKyung called everyone's attention.  "Mokda!  Jihoo-ah, just stay and join us, we've already been infiltrated."

 - "Anieyo!!  Mina-ssi and Emily said we could stay, because we helped.  Besides!  I'm the official photographer."  Maknae fell for JaeKyung's teasing and began to pout.

 - "Deh, pabo!  I was only joking."

YiHyun kissed her fiancé on the cheek.  "Junnie is sometimes more sensitive than Ilana is," she joked as everyone laughed.

 - "Gwenchanayo, Oppa; choayo just the way you are."  Ilana walked over to give her silliest Oppa a hug.

 - "Junnie, don't squeeze her like you always do," his fiancé warned.

 - "Anieyo!" He answered defensively knowing that was exactly what he was going to do.

Extricating herself from the Maknae, Ilana turned her attention to the food.  "Wau!  Everything looks wonderful!  Gomawoyo!  Chinchayo!"

 - "Jihoo-ah!  Palli!  Feed your anae before she starts crying again.  By the way, the first game officially begins as soon as I explain the rules.  Effective immediately there will be no crossing of arms, legs, feet, fingers, eyes, etc.  If you are caught, you will lose your safety pin.  The person with the most safety pins at the end wins."

 - "That's easy!"  HyungJun shouted.  JaeKyung just smiled knowingly.  It was easy to forget how much you crossed your legs, even the guys.

 - "Eeliwah, Sarang," Jihoo wrapped an arm around his wife and led her to the food and sat her down.

Everything looked, smelled and of course tasted delicious "Did Mina make the chilaquiles?"

 - "Greomyo!"

 - "Jalmokgetsumnida!  Wau masheesuhyo!  Mmm...and the bulgogi...and the gimbap.  Oh!  Na don't know where to start."

 - "How about with the first bite," Jihoo already had a spoonful of the Mexican chilaquiles ready for her to consume.

 - "Mmm....Masheesuhyo!"  Even during pregnancy, Ilana didn't have JaeKyung's voracious appetite but did her best try a little of everything that was brought.   "I'd recognize JanDi's gimbap anywhere."  She tried the bulgogi and the spicy pork and kimchi stir-fry and some of the sides included savory pancake, steamed egg, the pickled radishes she forewent, as the smell and taste didn't agree with her pregnancy altered tastes.  "Mmm, everything is Masheesuhyo!  Gomawoyo!"

 - "Anieyo gwenchanayo," TaeYoung's wife dismissed her thanks.  "Mokda!"

YiJung had innocently gotten word from his wife that some of the men, including Jihoo, had stayed at the baby shower.  It was a boring Saturday, a little grey out and although he loved his Father-son time in the studio, JeongYul was getting restless and not letting Dad do his own work.

 - "Appa, choah?"  JeongYul interrupted his Father again with the fifth project he'd started in the last hour "Deh adul, hajiman pick something to finish."

 - "Mollahyo, Appa!"  He pouted.  Half the fun was pounding the blob of clay, shaping it into something and then destroying it and starting all over again.  There were days he just didn't care for anything he made and just wanted to obliterate it.

YiJung wondered if he'd had his start in this fashion as well.  If so, he was getting payback now for making his Grandfather's life difficult when he was teaching him and his brother their art.  "Gwenchanayo, Na will call WooBin Ajussi.  Should we go over to his house?"

 - "Deh Appa!"  Next to playing at InHei Noona's house, he loved WooBin Ajussi's house.  InHei told him there was a dungeon and a whole secret room in that house, so they would always go exploring whenever they went there.  Unfortunately, they hadn't been able to find it yet.

YiJung was already dialing his friend's number.  "Yo, wuz up, bro?"  WooBin answered on the other end.

 - "JeongYul and I are bored; we're coming to your house.  Unless..."  YiJung suddenly had an entertaining idea.  "Let's crash the baby shower."

 - "Dude!  Let's go!  Call JunPyo, tell him to get his over to ILC."

 - "On it...sending him an email.  JanDi and InHei are at the party, you know he's at the office.”

 - "See you there!"

 - "Kaja, adul, we're going to a party."

 - "Daeback!!!"  Was the little boy's reply.

Ilana had consumed more than her share of food, despite everyone urging her to eat more.  JanDi's pregnancy was more advanced than hers and yet no one harassed her to eat more.  "No one has to force JanDi to eat," GaEul teased when Ilana complained.

 - "Mmm..., I’d rather eat this yummy little thing."  JaeKyung was busy handing out a baby shower themed word search and Ilana took advantage and stole their Goddaughter.  She gave the sweet baby a kiss on the head.  "Na can't wait to hold HaEun," Ilana turned to her husband sitting next to her.  "I hope the next seven weeks go quickly.  Don't do you dare be late, Agassi."  Ilana was becoming an expert and while she held Hana with one hand, she patted her stomach talking to her own daughter.

 - "I tried that with Hana, it didn't work.  She was late," JaeKyung knew Ilana's impatience.

 - "Do what you do, they come when they want," JanDi said.

Jihoo ran a loving hand over Hana's head and then drew his wife's face in for a quick kiss.  In another corner of the room, Emily caught her fiancé crossing his leg over his knee.  "Hand it over!  Jongie crossed his knee!"

 - "Ah!!  Arraseo, it's going to cost you a kiss."  He pointed to his cheek and Emily happily obliged.

Maknae had originally lost his pin to InHei and so far she was winning, but HyungJun was in second place since he was determined to get his pin back and then some.

 - "I'm done!!"  TaeYoung's wife was the first to complete the word search.

 - "Come get your prize!"  JaeKyung announced.  Each winner would draw a number for one of five identically shaped and wrapped prize boxes on the table; there would be no guessing of what was inside.

 - "CGV gift card!"

 - "I'll babysit whenever TaeYoung-ssi and Unnie want to go," Mina offered.

 - "Gomawo, Mina-ssi."

Right about the time the rest of the F4 and JeongYul, made their appearance at the party, KyuJong was trying to get a hold of YoungSaeng and get him to come.

 - "Jongie, Any luck?"  Emily asked.

 - "Anieyo, na called three times and haven't been able to get an answer from him."

 - "You don't think he's ignoring you?"

 - "Anieyo, he never ignores my calls, he might be in the studio rehearsing."

That's exactly where YoungSaeng was, rehearsing 'Let it Go'.  They would be releasing the single in a few weeks.  He was getting nervous and excited and more nervous.  Mina had an appointment coming up with his team this week after Ilana left for California.  He let his mind wander, hoping she'll enjoy the gifts he picked out.  "Oppa is getting there.  Na want my Cinderella to be proud of Oppa."  He also wanted to make Mina proud of him.  After all, she has spent so much time going out of her way for him.  It was the least he could do for those who sacrificed so much for him.  Thinking of Mina, he hoped to spend time with her this week.  Perhaps he'd show up at her Church tomorrow and buy her lunch.  He went back to practicing and wouldn't receive KyuJong's messages until much later.  Not that he would have gone; he wasn't ready yet.  After he became a successful idol, then he'd go to her.  Never had he imagined following in his Sunbae's footsteps and would not have had the opportunity had she not rejected him, compelling final decision to enlist.  Suzy and JungMin never did tell him what life and death situation required him to sing into his cell phone while standing on a busy sidewalk in Seoul.  Was it destiny?  Dumb luck?  Being at the right place at the right time?  Perhaps Mina would tell him it was God's perfect plan for him.  He was also clueless as to just how often his unguarded thoughts went to Mina.  A smile could always be seen on his face whenever his mind drifted in her direction.  She was someone he could be his unguarded self with.  When he was being moody, she pulled him out.  When he was being playful, she was there to laugh with him.  When he wanted to have a drink and a serious conversation, she was there to listen.  In every aspect of his life, he was becoming dependent on her.  He just didn't realize it yet.  In the meantime, he gave himself all to the song he was singing with occasional flashes of her dancing in those very short shorts.

 - "We heard there was a party going on?"  JunPyo’s voice boomed, startling the women, who were getting ready to play another game.  In F4 style, the men and JeongYul lined up at the entry of the conference room, looking dashing and out of this world handsome as usual.  Even if they'd lost some (not all) of their youthful arrogance, they still had a certain presence that made people stop and look whenever they were together.

 - "Gu JunPyo!"

 - "Appa!!"

 - "So YiJung, what are you doing here?"

JaeKyung put down what she was doing and ran to give her husband a welcoming kiss.  "Yeobo missed us."

 - "Greomyo!"  WooBin winked at his wife.

 - "Ara nampyon, he and JeongYul were bored and hungry," GaEul gave her husband's cheek an affectionate pinch and then gathered food on a plate for him and her son.

InHei was on her feet, immediately pinning her Father and uncles.  "Imo!  Tell Appa and Ajussi-deul what to do, deh?"

 - "Deh!!  You boys can't cross your arms, legs or any part of your body.  Yeobo..." WooBin was already leaning against the wall with arms crossed.  "...has one second to uncross his arms."

 - "Mworago?"  He slowly understood what was expected of him and grinned while the rest of the women laughed.

The next game had everyone looking a tray of baby items for a few seconds and then passed out paper and pen"Everyone, write down what you saw starting...now!"  JaeKyung instructed when the last pen and paper was given out.

 - "Yah!  Na didn't finish looking at everything!"  JunPyo complained.

 - "Mianhae, JunPyo, you should have been more observant; those are the rules."

JunPyo began to write, all the while mumbling under his breath.

 - "Gu JunPyo!  I can't concentrate," his wife complained next to him.

 - "Aish!!!

 - "Time's up!  Hand in your papers!"

 - "Yeobo!  That was like being in school all over again!"  He rested his head in his hand and brought his arm just behind his elbow on the table.  Technically, that was considered crossing and Mina took advantage.

 - "Jeogiyo, Song Woobin-ssi is crossing his arms.  Mianhaeyo, your pin, juseyo?"  WooBin gave Mina his pin grudgingly.

 - "Yeobo, I knew you were going to blow it!"  JaeKyung teased and ignored her husband’s threatening looks.

 - "WooBin-ssi better take Hana, she'll keep you from getting grumpy."  Ilana handed WooBin his daughter while smiling.

 - "Hana-yah!!  Where have you been?!"  WooBin exaggerated for his daughter, getting that precious smile daddy was looking for.

Jihoo and Ilana looked at each other and laughed.  F4's mafia prince was wrapped around his baby girl's finger.  "Sarang will be following WooBin-ssi’s actions soon."

 - "Ilana-yah, make sure you record my bro the first time he coo's at his daughter."

 - "Deh!  I'll text it to the rest of the F4."

Jihoo smiled at his wife.  He couldn't say a word to the contrary.  If this woman next to him had turned his world around, what will their offspring do?

Mina and KyuJong won the last game and they were each awarded a very nice BB cream from 'The Face Shop'.  Emily immediately stole it from her fiancé.  "Ilana-yah needs to stand for the next contest!"  JaeKyung's voice cut through the laughter.  Hesitantly, Ilana went to stand by JaeKyung.  "Everyone take a good look at her belly.  I'll be passing string and scissors and you need to guess how much string it will take to go around."

 - "JaeKyung Unnie!"  Ilana turned bright red in self-consciousness as even the men studied her baby belly.

 - "Haengbohkae this is your party and not mine," JanDi giggled.

 - "Deh, kansamnida!"  Ilana retorted.

Jihoo was allowed to relieve some of his wife's embarrassment, by shielding her from the onlookers as he took each guess and wrapped it around her.  The winner, surprisingly, was YiJung.  His prize was a pretty pink lipstick and coordinating lip liner.  "Yo Bro, it's Just your shade," hollered WooBin.

Observing his wife laughing and smiling, Jihoo laughed along too.  He couldn't be happier with his wife at his side, their child on the way, and surrounded by their friends.  She looked well; her face wasn't tired or pale.  It was its usual soft olive complexion.  He had to make it a point to thank the girls for planning this event.  He was sure his wife hadn't thought of work since their arrival.  "Yah YiJung-ah, you'll need the proper eye make up to go with," Jihoo joined in on the manly jabs at their friend.  Ilana was laughing so hard, she leaned on Jihoo's shoulder for support.  He couldn't help place a loving kiss on the top of her head.  "Haengbokhae (happy)?"  He asked.

 - "Mmm...nomu."

A squabble broke out between InHei and HyungJun who had both spotted GaEul crossing her legs while she nursed JeongHee.  She was so relaxed, she hadn't even thought of the silly game "InHei-ah, na will give you my pins as soon as I'm done nursing."  GaEul smiled sweetly at JanDi's daughter while piercing HyungJun with an irritated cold look.

 - "Mianhaeyo, GaEul-ssi," YiHyun grabbed her fiancé by the ear.  "He has a slight competitive streak and sometimes forgets his manners."  She dragged him away to a corner to sit, whining the entire way that he spotted the crossed legs first.

The last game had even the non-pregnant ladies gagging.  JaeKyung had melted a different chocolate bar in each diaper and the object was to identify which diaper contained which candy bar.  It had the guys, namely YiJung and JunPyo, grossing out.  HyungJun a bit squeamish at first, soon became fascinated by the project; especially the melted green tea KitKat.  The idea of fooling JungMin with it whenever he saw him next, danced in his head.  The winners, of course, were the two kids.  The last of the prizes worked out favorably.  Another lipstick and lip liner for InHei and another CGV gift card for JeongYul.

Cleaning up from the games, Mina and Emily began to pass out cupcakes, which Ilana took with delight"JanDi Unnie!  Gwiyowiyo!"  The cupcakes were iced in pink with a little pink and black petaled flower in the center"Na don't want to eat it!"

 - "Mahsheesuhyo Imo!"  InHei the frosting as if it were an ice cream cone and bit into the candied flower.

 - "InHei-ahhhh!!!  You killed the flower!!" Ilana pretended to cry on Jihoo's shoulder, making InHei shriek in giggles and deliberately took a huge bite of the cupcake.  She loved it when Jihoo and Ilana acted silly for her and JeongYul.

Jihoo his wife's back, who was now shaking with laughter of her own.  "Na will buy you more pink daisies on the way home."

Ilana looked up to smile at her husband.  "Gomawo, Sarang," she pressed her lips briefly to his.

 - "Yah!  That's what got you two in this position to begin with!"  JunPyo shouted.

 - "Yo, JunPyo, I suppose JanDi is pregnant by Immaculate Conception?"  WooBin just had to make fun of his friend.  It was just too easy.

 - "Aish!"

The playful banter and laughter continued for a while longer.  It was decided the gifts would be opened once only the core group remained.  Ilana profusely thanked her guests and told them they had been under obligation to bring anything, but she was extremely grateful.  Tears brimmed as she spoke.  "Gomawoyo!  Chincha!  None of you had to take time out of your weekend to have this gathering for me.  Kansamnida!"  It was even more special since it wasn't a custom for them.  Truthfully, she'd never been to a baby shower, not even Gloria's.  "Na will treasure today with fondest memories.  YiHyun Unnie, we can put photo books together, maja?"

 - "Deh, just let us know the design and we'll send them to be printed," YiHyun answered.

 - "Na will make sure to commemorate the fun we had today and give you all copies of the pictures."

TaeYoung's wife and the maintenance manager's wife were the first to go as they had duties at home to take care of and JiNa and MiRi stayed a little longer chatting and cleaning up until Mina shooed them out.  "JiNa and MiRi kayo, enjoy the rest of your day.  Na will clean up since I didn't set up."

 - "Sajangnim, Mina Sunbae said she was going to have a late night, should we ask her where she was?"  MiRi asked.  Though Mina was more than just their Sunbae, she allowed the girls to refer to her in that way.  Perhaps when their office grew, she'd consider being called Vice President.

 - "None of your business.  Ka!  Don't be late on Monday," Mina put on her 'boss' mask and chased them out as they giggled.

 - "So how late did my Hyeong keep you last night?"  HyungJun whispered in Mina's ear, earning him a smack on the head.

HyungJun laughed un-repented and walked over to back hug his fiancé.  "Junnnniieee, don't tease Mina," YiHyun gently chided.

 - "Mwo?"  He asked innocently.

 - "Oppa, wae are you bothering Mina?"  Ilana asked, curious.

 - "Ani..."  He denied everything, and Mina narrowed her eyes at him.

 - "Let me help clean up," Ilana was about to stand when Mina put a restraining hand on her shoulder.

 - "You're not Sajangnim right now.  This is your party; we'll clean up.  Actually, the boys will.  KyuJong & HyungJun Oppa, start removing the decorations, Gu JunPyo-ssi, So YiJung-ssi, your wives helped set up the food, you can cover what's left."

The women had taken all their leftovers, there wasn't much left.  That didn't stop JunPyo from complaining.  "Yah!  Wae do I have to help?"

 - "Because Mina-ssi asked you to, that's wae?"  JanDi replied to her husband.

 - "Ajumma!  Na will pack the leftover cupcakes!"  JeongYul nobly volunteered.

 - "Only one!"  GaEul stopped her son from stuffing his face with cupcakes.

 - "Deh, Umma," was his downcast reply.

 - "YiJung-ssi, I'll take a few more gimbap before you cover it," Ilana asked.  She had a strong desire for the bulgogi gimbap.

 - "Na will get it, Sarang," Jihoo stood up and received a napkin from YiJung with three slices of gimbap.  He laid the napkin on his wife's lap.

 - "Gomawo, Sarang," Ilana happily took a bite of the savory treat.

 - "Ilana, now that it's just us, you might want open the gifts," Mina suggested.

 - "Chincha?  Can I?  Do you guys mind?"  She knew that gifts weren't opened in front of the gift giver.

 - "Deh!  Imo, Open them!"  InHei was jumping up and down in excitement.

Ilana had already devoured the first piece of gimbap and was starting on the second.  Shoving the third in her husband's mouth, she stood and walked over to the pile of gifts.  Some were big, some small, it didn't matter to her.  She never expected anything, but she was just so touched by everyone's thoughtfulness, she was blinking back tears again.  Jihoo brought a chair and helped his wife to sit and then handed her a package.  Jihoo gave her the card to read, while he opened the gift.  "GaEul Unnie, so sweet, gomawo."  Jihoo unwrapped a soft hand knit white blanket and matching booties.  "They are so small!!"  Ilana squealed in cuteness overload.  She glanced over at the two sleeping princesses, imagining HaEun joining them one day.  JeongHee and Hana were done for.  Just too much excitement for one day.  Included with the blanket and socks was a seven-piece diaper bag in pink and brown. 

Continuing, she unwrapped very practical onesies and socks from JanDi and a packet of pink and lavender receiving blankets and bibs.  From JaeKyung, she received a red Ergo Baby just like hers.  The woman oohed and awed respectively, while they guys busied themselves cleaning around them.  Ilana unwrapped more blankets and onesies in varying shades of pink, white and cream.  "I take it she's going to like pink?"  Ilana laughed at all the pink she'd received so far.

 - "And white like Appa," JanDi joked.

 - "Sarang's old room back home is pink," Jihoo reminded her of the little girl she once was.

Ilana ignored her husband's remark.  "You know when I first ran into Jihoo at the hospital I named him the man in white.  He saved me from tripping over my clumsy self and ran off before I could thank him.  Gomawo, Sarang."  Ilana kissed her husband's cheek affectionately.

 - "Alright, less kissing and more opening presents," Mina rolled her eyes at them.

 - "Deh!  Deh!"  Ilana unwrapped more blankets and blanket sleepers, which were practical for the cold in Seoul, but she was due in the late spring.  Mina had gifted her a plate set with spoons, forks, chopsticks and matching cups, along with a set of baby bottles, bottle warmer and nursing pads.

 - "Those come in handy!"  GaEul said.

 - "Deh!  You'll need to invest in several boxes of those," JaeKyung said.

Jihoo saw his wife hadn't really a clue what they were for.  "When women are nursing they tend to leak sometimes," he whispered in her ear and then playfully nipped at the lobe.

 - "Oh," Ilana blushed.

 - "They'll never finish opening gifts at this rate," YiHyun laughed.  The remainder were all the gifts YoungSaeng, with Mina's help, had purchased.  "These are from us and YoungSaeng."

 - "Andwae!  It's too much!"  Ilana protested.  Each item was individually wrapped.  Emily and YiHyun had a great time wrapping and oohing over the tiny little things.

 - "It's from the five of us, it's an adequate amount," Emily said.

 - "Where should we start?"  Ilana looked to Jihoo.

 - "Smallest to biggest?"  He suggested.

 - "Arraso," they began with the very frilly socks and tights.  "Omo!"  Ilana smiled, delighted at the cuteness of the footwear.   "Guys, is she going to a gala every day?"

 - "She'll be an F4 princess; she's got to look the part.  InHei-ah majayo?"  HyungJun and the rest of the guys had finished cleaning up and were now kicking back watching the gifts being opened.  InHei giggled in response.  The two had made their peace and were now doodling along with JeongYul on the back of the used word search and baby item lists.

 - "HyungJun Oppa, you'll have your own princess one day soon and then Na can spoil her rotten."

 - "Greomyo!"

Ilana continued pulling out frilly accessories and then the two dresses.  "Sarang, na chingu will have HaEun dressed like a model."

 - "Gwenchana, between all our companies, there will be plenty of events for her to wear such fashionable dresses."

The last item to open was the bedding set and the stuffed otter.  Ilana gasped, and her smile faded when she brought out the otter with a pink ribbon around its neck.  "O-ppa?"  She whispered running a hand lovingly over the plush creature.  Jihoo gently took it from her hands and replaced it with the last and largest gift.  Still affected by the otter, she slowly unwrapped the crib set.  Once all the wrapping was removed she saw the Cinderella pattern and the tears began to fall. 

Jihoo wrapped her in his arms, making shushing noises.  "Pabo, Oppa!!"  She cried, pregnancy hormones making her unable to stop.  "He doesn't call, he doesn't visit, and this is supposed to make up for it!"

 - "It takes time, Sarang.  I’m sure he’s trying, just be patient."

 - "Nae chingu bogosphipeo!  How much longer is it going to take?"

The F4 looked at each other to see if anyone had a clue what was going on.  Ilana's friends all looked at each other in panic and anger at YoungSaeng for his long absence.  Mina looked to Emily and YiHyun with a 'what's going on look'.  The girls all went out into the hall, leaving the men in an awkward position and Jihoo trying to soothe his wife's heart.  He'll have to ask JanDi how she handled his long absence.

 - "What was that all about?"  Mina asked.

 - "Cinderella is YoungSaeng's pet name for her," YiHyun explained.  "Before the wedding, he was not in contact with her for a year.  Junnie said he only reluctantly came to the wedding.  And aside from the flower he sent to the hospital, he hasn't been in contact with her since she’s been married.  Mina-yah, ara you guys are probably don't talk much about personal things, but did he mention anything when he picked out the crib set?"

 - "Anieyo, he was very excited though.  He was really having fun.  He was panicked when he asked me to go with him, but once he got started he picked everything himself."

 - "Maybe he's finally getting over it," YiHyun thought out loud.

 - "Majayo?  YoungSaeng had a one-sided love for her?"  Emily asked, confirming her suspicions.

 - "Deh, Junnie told me everything.  He ran off to the army because she rejected him."

 - "Why did she reject him?"  JaeKyung asked.

 - "He wasn't the one...her soul mate," GaEul said, almost excitedly "Don't you see?  She ran away from Jihoo too but came back and their love survived!"

 - "She only regarded him as her best friend, like I did to Jihoo," JanDi said with a half smile, remembering her own turmoil betdween, lover, soulmate, and/or bestfriend.  .

 - "Eottoke?Mina asked.

 - "He'll come around eventually," JanDi said"When the right woman comes into his life, he'll change.  He might be changing already to have purchased such meaningful gifts with such care and joy.  Perhaps he's met that special woman already and just doesn't know it."

 - "JanDi-ssi, na think you're right," Emily was looking right at Mina.

JanDi followed Emily's gaze to where Mina stood, staring at a point on the wall with a worried, almost sad, look on her face.

 - "Jihoo needed a push, hokshina you'll need to create your own task force for your friend." JaeKyung suggested.

 - "Deh, na was just telling Mina something like that," Emily had a knowing grin on her face.

 - "Mian?"  Mina had spaced out and didn't hear Emily.

 - "Anieyo."  Emily answered, trying to keep a straight face.

JaeKyung began to giggle, quickly putting two and two together.  "Oh MY task force or we can call it, MS task force?"

 - "Choah 'Oh MY' (Mina/Young) task force."

 - "Oh MY task force!  Deh!"  GaEul slowly understood and whispered an explanation it to JanDi.

 - "We'll help, just tell us what you need," JanDi said.

Mina was completely lost at what was being plotted around her.  Thinking of what YiHyun had revealed, she was at a loss on what to do next.  She may not have much experience with the opposite , but hadn’t he been flirting with her?

"Maybe he's finally gotten over it?"

YiHyun's words echoed in Mina's head.  If that was true, what next?  Getting and over it completely are two different things.  How can she make him see her at the same time?

 

When the ladies had snuck back into the room, Ilana's emotional meltdown had ended.  The guys had busied themselves, stacking all the gifts in boxes they had found earlier in the storage room.  Ilana had a sad smile as she admired the plush otter.  "Pabo, otter," she mumbled again.

 - "Imo," InHei asked, stuffing her face with another cupcake.  "Wae is the otter a pabo?"

 - "The ajussi that bought it for HaEun is a pabo."

 - "Is it Ajussi Kim?"  She whispered in Ilana's ear and like most kids, they don't really whisper.

Jihoo and Ilana burst into laughter.

 - "Yah!"  HyungJun and her Mother yelled.

 - "I heard that!"  Maknae complained.

 - "Agassi, apologize!  You don't talk to an elder that way.”

 - "Poor kid saw him as an equal," KyuJong joked with his fiancé.

 - "Shh!!  Be nice to Maknae," Emily replied, stifling her own giggle.

 - "Sunbae, Ilana-yah, don't encourage her!"  JanDi said, still angry at her daughter’s shameless manners.  JanDi gave her husband a mutinous glare, daring him to side with their daughter.

 - "Mianhaeyo JanDi-ah," Jihoo schooled his face"InHei-ah, that is no way to talk about an elder, go apologize.  Show Ajussi Kim the sweet girl I know."

 - "Deh Ajussi," InHei dragged her feet to kneel before the now very uncomfortable HyungJun.  "Jwosongmnida, ajussi."

 - "Gwenchanayo.  Aigoo...stand up.  Give Ajussi a hug and it's all forgotten," Maknae pouted for effect.

InHei really was a sweet and tender-hearted little girl.  But she was just a little girl and kids tend to forget themselves sometimes.  The prospect of getting in trouble with all her Imo and Ajussi-deul was unnerving.  So, when HyungJun offered to forget about her slip, she was so relieved and launched herself into his arms, crying"Mianhamnida, mianhamnida...Ajussi, I didn't mean it!  Mianhamnida, I was just playing!"

 - "Yah, yah..."  HyungJun awkwardly patted her back, not knowing what to do.  He loved to play with kids, but how do you console them?  "Na thought we were going to forget about this, deh?  Let's be chingu, arraso?"

InHei looked up nervously.  "Chinchayo?"

 - "Deh!"  He ruffled her hair, earning him a huge smile.  She squeezed him even tighter.

Jihoo stood as everyone looked on to the scene with his wife's friend and JunPyo’s little girl.  "Na think it's time for Anae to get home and rest."

 - "Gwenchanayo," Ilana looked up to her husband.

 - "Sarang should take a nap before dinner."

 - "Na agree with Jihoo Sunbae," JanDi said yawning.  "I'm ready to relax in the pool."

 - "Gomawoyo," Ilana stood up and hugged JanDi and then the rest of the women.  "You didn't have to do all this."

Her voice was getting wobbly and Jihoo knew the tears would start again soon.  "Sarang, they didn't have to, but they wanted to.  Just like when Sarang gets an idea in her head, there's no stopping her."

 - "Deh," she leaned into her husband who had wrapped his arm around her.  Jihoo pulled her close and kissed the top of her head.  "KyuJong Oppa, tell your Hyeong, HaEun won't wear any of the dresses you guys bought her until he comes to meet her personally."

 - "Deh!"  YoungSaeng would be getting an earful from him, next time they talked.

Ilana rested on the bed with her head on Jihoo's chest.  She had a slight headache and wasn't sleepy, but was comforted by the rise and fall of her husband's chest.  He was reading a book with one hand and the other lazily ran fingers through her hair.  Her eyes caught the stuffed otter.  As of their arrival from the baby shower, the spare room became the designated nursery and all gifts were stored there.  Unable to part from the otter, just yet, she brought it into their room and now her eyes focused there.  YoungSaeng's silence still hurt her.  Most days she could forget about it in her busyness, but then there were days something brought him to mind and she couldn't help but think of him.  Halting her scattered thoughts, she prayed for him, "Lord, give my dumb Oppa peace and bless him in his career."

Jihoo heard his wife sigh and put the book down in order to give her his attention.  "Gwenchana, Sarang?  Meorigaapayo (headache)?"  He immediately began to massage the back of her neck.

 - "Mmm, jeogumyo."  She let out her breath in thought.  "Sarang...is it wrong that my heart misses him?  He was the first person who could tell what I was thinking without me saying a word, he and KyuJong were the first to know everything.  Hajiman Na couldn't love him the way he wanted me too.  I needed him to be nae chingu and it's like he's refusing."

 - "That's fortunate for me," Ilana pinched her naughty husband, but he got her to smile which is what he wanted.  "Na think, JanDi would be the best person to talk to as she was in your position when I left for the army.  Hajiman, when he comes back, because he will, it will be different.  It will be awkward for him as it's no longer just you.  You're married; it's not him who you rely on anymore.  It hurt me deeply when JanDi stopped letting me wipe her tears.  He won't know how to act around you.  All the dynamics of your friendship will be changed.  JanDi is still a very important person in my life, but she no longer needs me, she has JunPyo.  The respect and affection we have for each other hasn't changed, we just display it differently.  He'll lose the awkwardness as he goes."

 - "Yiheheyo (I understand)," she yawned suddenly tired"Gomawo."

 - "Waaae?" Jihoo asked affectionately.

 - "Because na can talk to you, no matter how silly or weird...Sarang will listen."

 - "No matter what life brings our way, na promise to always love you and be faithful to you as long as we both live."  Jihoo quoted part of his wedding vows.  "Naega almost positive listening to anae is part of loving no matter what life brings."

Ilana smiled against his chest, "You are now my husband, my lover, my protector, and my friend," she quoted part of her vows with her eyes closed, remembering their wedding day.  Both remained silent, emembering with fondness, their journey so far.  It only took a few minutes and Ilana finally dozed off for her overdue nap.

Jihoo noticed her breathing change and smiled, running his hand through her beautiful unbound hair.  "You are now bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh," he quoted.  "If I to listen to myself and Sarang is a part of me, then everything Sarang says is important to me."  He lovingly her baby belly for a minute and then picked up his book again until he too fell asleep.

YoungSaeng had finally finished in the studio; he was getting confident that he could record the single well.  Although he wished he could talk to HyunJoong but with him stuck in Paju, it was impossible.  The most he could do was email him on occasion.  Most times it took him a while to answer back, which wasn't anything out of the usual.  He may not be preparing for performances all around the country and Japan, but he was still training hard and protecting the South Korean border.  He found out too late that HyunJoong had been home for the New Year, but he was working and it would have been impossible to meet.  Not to mention, that he was preparing for the next set of trials.  YoungSaeng wanted nothing better than to meet his friend for a few bottles of Soju and laughs and everything but boring conversation.  He smiled at how easily Mina slid into that role.  He purposed in his mind to surprise her in the morning.

He had just gotten dressed from his shower and was now gathering his things to leave.  He hadn't checked his phone.  Reception in the practice studios was hit or miss.  He saw the missed calls and text from KyuJong regarding the baby shower and the last one was to give him a call or swing buy Maknae's house where they'd be spending most of the night.  YoungSaeng felt a little guilty for not having gone to the party after the men had ended up staying, but it just would have been too awkward.  It was good to give himself this space from her and when the time was right they could go back to how things were, in the beginning, at least.  He knew it would be different, but he'd learn as he went.

He had contemplated whether to go or not.  If he wanted to meet up with Mina in the morning he couldn't stay out too late, yet thirty minutes later he was greeting his two friends.  Surprisingly, the girls were nowhere around"Where are the yeoja?"

 - "We thought we'd have some guy time.  You'll make your debut soon and we'll see you in six months at this rate."

 - "Deh!  Saengie is just starting to give us some of his precious time, we should be grateful."  Maknae's words were laced with an undercurrent of bitterness.

 - "Yah, Maknae, what's with the attitude?"

 - "Maknae, ka, bring out some beer and we can talk to our Hyeong."  KyuJong ordered.  When Maknae didn't readily comply, he had to be firmer.  "Maknae!  Don't just stand there!  We bought beer and Soju on the way back home with the expectation that Hyeong would come."  Maknae rolled his eyes and stormed off to the kitchen.

 - "Wae are you two acting weird?"  YoungSaeng asked.

 - "Ani, we just want to catch up with you Hyeong.  How is everything going with the album?"

 - "Choah," we get ready to record in a few weeks."

 - "We're happy for you," KyuJong clapped him on the arm.

 - "Tch!  Says who?!Maknae gave his friends each a beer mug and poured for each of them, while KyuJong poured his.

 - "Gombae!"  They all clinked their mugs."

 - "Maknae, what is your problem?  Did YiHyun ditch you for her dongsaeng tonight?"  YoungSaeng asked a bit irritated.

 - "So YiHyun-ah doesn't ditch people after making them feel everything is alright."

 - "Mwo?"

KyuJong put up a hand to stop their youngest friend.  "We're supposed to be hanging out with Hyeong, not arguing."

 - "Hajiman...you saw...."

 - "Maknae, later – arraso?"

 - "Saw what?"  YoungSaeng couldn't even guess what was wrong with their Maknae.

 - "Anieyo..." KyuJong didn't want to start their evening scolding and arguing.  There would be time for that after a beer or two.

 - "Maknae, na was assured by my manager Hyung & Hyun studios will get their fee for the album covers.  Gomawo for giving me the promotional pics.  Mollah if that's what you're worried about."  YoungSaeng wondered if his friend was pressed for money as they were saving for all the wedding expenses.  "The next session, na will make sure you and YiHyun get your entire fee and then some.  Haengbokhae, na have my chingu at my side."  HyungJun nodded and drank quietly, still angry at YoungSaeng for shunning Ilana.  "Oh!  How was the party?  Did she say anything about the gifts?"

 - "Now, he asks?!"  Maknae downed his beer in irritation.

 - "Maknae!"  KyuJong scolded.  "You're fortunate this is your house, but if you pass out, I'm leaving you in the living room.”

 - "Mollah (whatever)!"

 - "Maknae, what's your problem?"  YoungSaeng asked.

 - "Ignore him."  KyuJong waved his hand in dismissal "Ilana was very surprised and very appreciative of the gifts.  In fact, we need to talk Hyeong.  Maknae you have the video?"

 - "Deh!"  He opened his laptop and the video of the baby shower was already cued to where Ilana had opened the otter.

"Pabo, Oppa!!"

"He doesn't call, he doesn't visit and this is supposed to make up for it!"

YoungSaeng saw her smile crumble as she caressed the stuffed animal and then her cries as she opened the Cinderella bedding set.  He only wanted to make her smile and he'd blown it"Deh, Na thought it would make up for it.  Mianhaeyo, nae Cinderella.  Oppa messed up again.  Na will get it right one day. Yogsog (Promise)."

 - "When, Hyeong?"  KyuJong patiently asked.

 - "Wae does YoungSaeng always have to make nae princess cry?"  Maknae was extremely disappointed in his friend.

 - "Eottoke?  Na just need a little more time and then Na can face her again with no regrets and no reservations.  Na will be Oppa again.  Deh, it won't be easy, hajiman Na will make it up to her."

 - "Hyeong, na just hope it's not too late by then," KyuJong expressed his concern.  "She has a message for you."

 - "Mwo?"

 - "Deh, she wanted us to tell you that HaEun will not wear those dresses and accessories until you come to see her wear them yourself."

 - "Algesseubnida, chinchayo.  As soon as Na release the album and get past these few months, na will go."

 - "Na will trust Hyeong to keep his words."

 - "Jeongmal!  Na just need a little more time.  Na thought if I physically gave her away to her nampyon it would erase that stabbing pain every time Na thought of what could have been.  Hajiman that feeling when Na thought of her or saw her, especially with her nampyon, is starting to fade.  Na can smile again, thinking of the time we spent together and getting to know each other.  Mariya (Just saying), that grief that made me enlist without a proper goodbye or that ache in my chest when Na had to give her away, is almost gone.  Na want to go back to her completely and without resentments."

 - "Arraseo, na trust Hyeong and know you wouldn’t deliberately hurt her.  Hyeong wouldn't be talking about it if you hadn't already thought this through."

 - "Just as long as you keep your words," HyungJun was less eager to forgive but did so reluctantly.


Hope you guys had fun at the baby shower!  The kiddos should be born next chapter and we’ll see Mina and YoungSaeng get even closer.  Welcome to my new subscribers!  I love comments and even more if you vote.  ;)  Until next time!