Honeymoon, House Guests, and more Honeymoon

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins
Girona, Spain April 3, 2015

 

The newlyweds had arrived at the estate and Ilana immediately climbed on the very comfortable bed and curled up with a pillow.  Jihoo smiled at her antics.  She hadn't slept the entire flight; only during their one-hour layover in Paris and the hour-plus ride from the airport to the estate.  Ilana patted the spot next to her but Jihoo didn't move.

 - "Anieyo, we need to clean up.  We're going out."

 - "Mworago?!  We just got here!"  Ilana pouted.

Jihoo gave her pouting lips a kiss but was not deterred.  "Na made plans."

 - "The point of Barcelona was to relax and...and spend...time together."

Jihoo admired the Honey Apple blush that was spreading across his wife’s face and knew full well what she meant.  "We can spend ‘time together’ in the shower, kaja."  He pulled her screaming to the edge of the bed and carried her bridal style to the bathroom.

Just under two hours later, they arrived at a large field.  He had rented them a car for their stay, knowing the estate was not set up to receive its owners.

 - "Nampyon, do you know where we are going?"

 - "Deh, Na received directions and the car has GPS."  Jihoo hadn't told his wife where they were going; just made sure she was dressed warmly.

 - "Jihoo-yah, na still don't like surprises," she said impatiently.

 - "Sarang," he smiled.  “I have never let you down."

 - "That's subjective."

Upon exiting the car she took Jihoo's proffered hand and there behind him in her sudden view was a giant balloon.  A hot air balloon, to be precise.

 - "Yoon Jihoo Uissa does not think I am getting on that thing."

 - "Deh," he said simply with a glowing smile on his face.

 - "Shiro," she took a few steps back against the car.

Jihoo caressed her cheek, "anae promised to obey, did she forget so soon?"

 - "Deh!"

He chuckled then gave her his 'look'"Sarang...watch the sunset with me, juseyo?"

 - "We can watch the sunset from the top of the house," she pleaded.  "Jihoo-yahhh," she tried aegyo.

 - "Your aegyo doesn't work, I've told you."  Though he did find it adorable she was desperate enough to try.  "Sarang, na want to do something special with you," he kissed her forehead and then her cheek.  "Na will hold you in my arms the entire time," he pecked her lips.

 - "Ani, try harder."

He brought her back firmly against the car and nibbled on her lips and let his tongue taste the lip-gloss she wore, before demanding entrance.  A few minutes later, he was back to nibbling sweetly.  When he ended the kiss he asked, "Was that hard enough?"  He had already taken her hand and pulled her along.  Ilana’s face was blushing again as she nodded her head.

Their guide was very pleasant and explained the workings of the balloon before they left.  Inside the basket was quite spacious for just the three of them.  The corners held pockets of different tapas and a chilled bottle of cava.  Once they were stable in the air, he uncovered the food and uncorked the cava.  "Brindamos a los novios (A toast to the newlyweds): Salud, amor y tiempo para disfrutarlo (Health, Love, and time to enjoy it).  Vivan los novios (Cheers to the newlyweds)!"  The guide toasted them and Jihoo and Ilana toasted each other.  Ilana took a cautious sip of the sparkling wine; she hadn't really had any alcohol in the last ten years.  Not that she wanted to start but she was with her husband; she felt safe.  Jihoo bent to kiss her for no other reason than he could.  He loved her and she loved him and it was an expression of their love for each other.  Ilana could taste the alcohol on his lips and tongue; for some reason she found herself blushing again.

He brought his forehead to rest on hers, "wae?"

 - "Mwo?"  To distract him, she picked up a seafood meatball.  "Open," she brought it to his mouth and he took half of it, while she popped the other half in .  It was surprisingly very good.  "Mm!  Masheesuhyo! (It's delicious)."

 - "Deh.  Your turn," he with a battered prawn, dancing it in front of her before he let her take a bite.

They laughed as they teased each other.  They were close to Girona and could see the village where the estate was.  Ilana spotted the estate.  "Wau!  It looks like a quilt down there."  As promised, Jihoo always had an arm around her, holding her securely to him.

They could see for miles around, the sky was beautiful.  It was a little cold but with Jihoo right next to her, Ilana didn't feel it.  They continued nibbling on different foods.  Water really did not do the food justice, Ilana found herself taking more sips of cava.  The wine was sweet and complimented the salty and sometimes spicy tapas well.  "Try this one," Jihoo said.

They were called 'papas bravas' for a reason.  The fried potato dipped in a spicy tomato sauce caught Ilana off guard "Mm!  Hot!"  He laughed and nudged her hand that held the champagne flute.  Ilana glared at her husband, who bent to kiss her warm cheek sweetly.

 - "Sarang, the sun is going down."  They had pretty much ignored their guide up until this point, lost in their own world.  Jihoo wrapped his arm around Ilana's middle, bringing her tightly against him.

The sun was doing its nightly dance as the orange ball seemed to spin and shimmy its way behind the mountain.  They watched it go, down, down, down until only a glow remained and then it was no more.  "Wau!  Jihoo...nomu yippeun."

 - "Deh," he drank what was left in his flute and set it down.  Moving Ilana's hair he nuzzled against her cheek and kissed her behind her neck behind her ear.

Ilana turned to face him, wrapping her arms around his waist.  "Gomawo; choah."  She placed her goblet next to his and stood on her toes to kiss him.  His lips were spicy from the food and she playfully nipped at his bottom lip.  They got lost again in each other, exchanging kisses, food, and wine.

The balloon landed and they thanked their guide profusely.  But their guide thanked them for completely ignoring him to the point he just relaxed and enjoyed the view, not having to say a thing.  Ilana was a lot wobbly from the wine despite all the food they’d consumed.  Jihoo piggybacked her to the car.

The ride home took a lot longer due to the Good Friday procession.  They probably should have been participating but Ilana thought Jesus would understand.

Finally arriving back at the estate, Jihoo nudged his wife, whose head had been bobbing the entire ride home "Let's go for a walk, Sarang needs to clear her head."

 - "Deh," he helped her out of the car.  She thought she had only consumed one glass of wine but thinking about it, neither hers nor Jihoo's glass was ever empty and she seemed to remember two bottles at the beginning of their tour.

 - “Stay here, I’ll be right back.”  Ilana was still pondering the mystery while Jihoo ran to the stables for a blanket.

On his return, he was pleased to see his wife still where he left her.  “Let’s walk over by the riverbed.”

 - “Arraso,she yawned.

 - “Hajima, Sarang, It’s too early to sleep.  You’ll be awake at two A.M. if I let you go to sleep now.”

 - “Ara,” she sulked.

They arrived at a nice spot, surrounded by trees that blocked the breeze that bounced off the water.  Jihoo laid out the blanket.  “Anja,” Jihoo sat and indicated for Ilana to sit next to him.  She leaned her head on his shoulder and he reached over smoothing the hair out of her face.  He gave her cheek a kiss.  “Greon, did I let Sarang down this evening?”

 - “Andwae!  Nomu yippeun.  It wasn’t scary at all but serene and like a painting.  God’s painting of the land and sky.  And Sarang was there next to me the entire time, nothing can be better than that.”  Sitting up straight, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly, savoring his lips.

Jihoo sighed.  “This is nice,” he lay down on the blanket and had Ilana lay her head on his stomach.

 - “Deh.”

 - “Sarang makes me do things I’ve never done before.”

 - “Anieyo!  Eottoke?”

 - “Na will do anything to see Sarang smile; hot air balloons, picnics under the stars, playing nae instrument for you.  Ah, na should have borrowed a guitar.”

 - “Gwenchana, Sarang, we can talk or just listen to the little critters.  Let the owls and frogs and the ripples of the river serenade us.”

 - “Maja, it’s so quiet and at the same time loud.”  In the distance you could make out the procession still going strong but around them were the sounds of the night:  hoot-hooting of owls, croaking of frogs, scurrying of other nocturnal creatures and the splashing of fish in the river.

They had gotten lost trying to distinguish the different sounds.  “On the ship, the first time I met Kim HyunJoong, KyuJongie Oppa and I were stargazing on the promenade deck.  He made me go for a walk with him and HyunJoong ran into us when Oppa made me pick a star as a gift.”  She laughed at the memory.  “HyunJoong then asked Oppa if he was giving out wishes and said he’d given me the last one but if he was nice to me, I might share.”

Jihoo laughed at the picture.  “Did Sarang share?

 - “Mollah, Na think I never got to cash in my wish?  Or share for that matter.”

 - “Na will give you a new star and Na want you only to use my wish, arraso?”

 - “Deh, jealous nampyon,” she laughed looking at the stars above her.  She took a peak and Jihoo was also looking up at the stars.  She made a big deal of pretending to pick, “na pick…this one!”  She rolled over to her left so she could wrap her arms around Jihoo’s waist and laid her cheek on his stomach, where the back of her head had been.

Jihoo’s face split into an ear to ear grin; his sweet wife had that effect on him.  “Arraso, Sarang, what is your wish?”

 - “Na don’t have one, not then not now.  The day you walked back into my life was the only thing I desired.”  Except for one thing, her parents but that wound was healing now and the Lord sent Jihoo to heal her other wounds.  Sitting up, she leaned over him, softly fitting her lips to his.

He held her head in his hands and gave her every bit of himself in that kiss.  “Na do, nae sarang.  Na have nothing left to wish for as long as you are by my side.”  He snuggled her against him.

They fell silent again listening to the sounds around them.  Ilana spoke first, “Umma and me used to lie in the rose garden and look at the stars.  You could see a little better than in Manhattan but not like this.  Na could probably name the constellations, the stars are so bright.  Sometimes it was hard to distinguish a plane from a star and we’d be wishing on a plane.  The town is in the direct flight path to LAX.”  She felt Jihoo chuckling under her.  “We’d sing rounds of twinkle twinkle,” she wasn’t crying but smiling at the memory.  “Sarang…I didn’t remember that until just now.  Kansamnida, Yesu, for the memory.”

 - “Ban-jjak-ban-jjak jag-eun-byeol a-reum-dab-ge bit-i-ne…”

 - “twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are…”

They sang two rounds of twinkle twinkle and lay laughing “Saranghae,” Ilana sighed with a smile on her face.

 - “Ilana saranghaeyo,” he tilted her face and kissed her eyes her nose and finally her lips.

 - “Yippeun Sarang,” Ilana yawned.

They lay still again, just listening to the night and each other’s breathing.  It only took about five minutes of being quiet when Jihoo heard Ilana’s breathing change.  “Sarang fell asleep?”

The sound of her exhale was his response.  “Gwenchana sarang, you’ve had a long day.”  He laid her gently on the blanket and watched her sleep for a few minutes“How did I go from curiosity to loving you beyond anything I can think of?”  He tickled her lips with his.  “Kansamnida, Yesu, for this memory,” he repeated her praise.  He was sure he’d always remember watching her sleep by the river and under the stars in Girona.

Los Angeles, CA

Nana set out a breakfast buffet, including a carrot cake for JungMin's birthday.  It was late morning in the morning.  The younger house guests came in late from the beach and would probably not be stirring for another hour.  She knew they did their best not to track in sand.  Having piled their shoes outside and rinsed off in the pool house before coming in but sand usually got everywhere anyway.  She swept and mopped the main floor and would have her helpers tidy the rooms once they were all up and out of the way.  Harabeoji had risen just after Nana and intended on going for a hike in the hills and Kike had left earlier for the airport.

The first of the guests had already begun to stir.  Suzy could not sleep once she heard Maknae awake and at their bedroom door trying to listen if for any sound indication that they were awake.  “Oppa, what are you doing?”  Suzy cracked the door open.

 - “Anyeong hashimnikka!  It’s late, begopayo.  I don’t want to go by myself,” he pouted.

Suzy looked back at her sleeping husband and sighed.  “YiHyun Unnie is probably awake, did you call her?”

 - “Anieyo,” he looked down, suddenly shy.  “What if she’s not awake?”

Suzy groaned inwardly.  If he weren’t older, she would happily strangle him.  “Arraso, I’ll get dressed; Oppa get nampyon up.  Don't forget it's his Birthday. ”

 - “Mollan anjji!  I’ll get the carrot juice!”  HyungJun bounced happily. “

Ten minutes later Suzy heard hollering from behind the bathroom door and giggled.  Her husband was probably not expecting a bouncy Maknae to wake him up, singing 'happy birthday' at the top of his lungs.  On days off, she tended to be a little gentler in the way she woke him.

Thirty minutes later and Tom and Jerry goading each other the entire two-minute walk to the main house; they were in Nana’s kitchen.  Váyanse a desayunar muchachos (Go and eat breakfast kids),” Nana said after greeting them.

 - “Halmoni, can I help?”  Suzy asked.

 - No hace falta, niña (It’s not necessary dear), ve a desayunar con los demás (go and have breakfast with the rest).”

Suzy and the two guys walked into the dining room to find KyuJong, Emily, and YiHyun already eating.

 - “Junnie-ah, you’re usually awake early?”  YiHyun greeted her fiancé with a kiss on the cheek.

 - “YiHyun Unnie, someone didn’t want to walk over alone.”

 - “Deh and woke me up early on my day off,” JungMin grumbled.

 - “Minnie-ah, it's your birthday!  You know it was the best gift ever to see my beautiful face when you first wake up,” HyungJun batted his eyelashes at his friend and nemesis.

 - “Andwae!”  JungMin protested and kissed his wife, who had just served him a plate of food.  He took Suzy’s face and said, “anae is yippeun, Maknae anieyo!”

HyungJun stuck his tongue out at his friend and began to eat.  What are we doing today, guys?”

 - “I think the girls wanted to do some shopping and maybe go out to lunch,” Suzy said.

 - “I love shopping!”  JungMin said.

 - “Anieyo yeobo, just the yeoja,” Suzy had to break the bad news, making him pout.

 - “The chaebols were talking about taking the kids to an amusement park tomorrow and then leaving for the airport from there,” JungMin announced.  "Anae and I are working but you guys should go."

 - “Nampyeon, you were with us or the DJ booth all day,” his wife was baffled at how he picked up information so easily.  “When did you hear them make plans?”

 - “Mollahyo?  I heard Gu JunPyo and his anae.”  JungMin shrugged.

 - “Ah, Deh!”  Everyone now understood; it was hard not to overhear their conversations.

 - "That would be daeback," HyungJun's eyes began to dance in excitement.

 - "Deh," KyuJong agreed"Last time we were all together was after JungMin and Suzy's wedding."

 - "Will Saengie and Dog want to go with us?"  Emily asked.

 - "They have no choice," JungMin rubbed his palms together and laughed his horsey laugh.

Once most of the food had been consumed, Nana came in with the carrot cake and all 29 candles lit "Estas son las mañanitas que cantaba el rey David... "

Suzy knew the Mexican birthday song by now and jumped in.  The others remembered it from Abigail's restaurant and were able to la-la-la along.  JungMin grinned like a little kid at Christmas.  When they finished singing, he blew all his candles out and Suzy rewarded him with a sweet and slow kiss.  "Saengil chukah hamnida, jagiya," she said.

 - "Que pases un día muy feliz (May you have a very happy day), JungMin."

 - "Saengil Chukah hamnida!"  The rest shouted.

 - "Halmoni is daeback!  Kansamnida."  JungMin kissed her on the cheek, thanking her for the cake.

 - "Ya ya, deja de teátricas y disfruta de tu pastel (that's enough, stop the theatrics and enjoy your cake)."

 - "Deh, Halmoni!"

Birthday cake demolished and stuffed from breakfast, they all slowly began to move.  The girls picked up most of the dishes before Nana came back and the boys were sitting and scheming the day.

 - "Are we going to let Hyeong-deul sleep the whole day? The Maknae asked.

 - "Anieyo," JungMin still had the evil grin on his face.

 - "Let's get them!"  HyungJun stood abruptly.

 - "Unnie-deul, let's go see what the other yeoja are doing."  Emily and YiHyun agreed with Suzy.  They did not want to be around when JungMin and HyungJun tried waking their Hyeong-deul.

 - "Yah, Suzy-ah, a little help?"  KyuJong said.  "You're going to leave me alone to pick up the pieces?"

 - "Nana is here, she can help.  Annyeonghi gyeseyo (Goodbye)!"  Suzy took the other two girls by the hand to retrieve their purses and leave before someone got hurt trying to wake the two oldest.  Of course, none were as bad to wake as her husband was.

Later in the day while one group was off shopping, courtesy of SangWoo who was driving, Suzy wanted to show them the Daiso Japan stores.  They didn't have one in Seoul or New York and their husband's made sure to stay clear of them while visiting Japan.  JanDi and GaEul may have married chaebol but in their hearts, they were still the same frugal girls that had been poor as church mice.  When Suzy told them, they could purchase any number of things from scarves and makeup to kitchen things for $1.50; they jumped at the chance to go.  SangWoo promised to drop his wife and the other woman off and pretty much stay out of their way until they were ready.  He would do a little shopping at the golf store and perhaps have lunch at the H Mart food court and relax on the patio with a pastry and coffee from 85C bakery.

The remaining F4 men went to check out a nearby shooting range and the kids wanted to stay at Ilana's on go horseback riding.  This fell on Jaejoong's shoulders.  The kids were also smitten with Nana who kept them supplied with fresh baked cookies.  Their babysitter was, of course, denied going shopping with the other woman.  Both Abigaíl and JaeKyung also stayed back and relieved her of her responsibilities.  Jaejoong was more than capable of handling Isabel and the two F4 kids.  At least, he hoped.

Come afternoon, Abigaíl, who was just too tired to go with the other woman, JaeKyung, who had been dealing with morning sickness off and on, KyuJong, who just wanted some downtime and the F4 babysitter lounged at the poolside.  JungMin and HyungJun were play wrestling in the pool, while the two older ones snoozed on a side by side pool lounger.  Truthfully, nothing could wake that pair up except their youngest two friends.

JungMin had just body-slammed his younger friend into the water, creating a huge splash that caught Abigail’s legs.  "Hey! She cried out.

JaeKyung's feet were their next unintentional target, "Yah!  Watch where you’re splashing!"  She was starting to get that 'I need to eat or I'm going to be sick' feeling.  If she was asleep it didn't bother her but now she was awake.

 - "Mianhamnida Abigaíl-ssi.  Mainhamnida JaeKyung-ssi." KyuJong apologized for his friends"Yah!  Micheousso!  Can you two come apologize?" He yelled at them.

 - "Jwosongminda,JungMin nodded his head in apology.  He turned to HyungJun, "what'd you splash the yeoja for?"

 - "Mworago?  Yah!  I didn't do it on purpose.  You're the one who threw me."

 - "Ani?  Chincha, it wasn't my fault!"

 - "Maknae, stop whining, it was your fault as much as JungMin's fault," KyuJong tried to restore order.

 - "It's okay, Dr. KyuJong," Abigaíl said.  "The water felt good, it just surprised me; that's all."

 - "Mianhanmnida!"  HyungJun humbly apologized even if it wasn't his fault.

 - "Gwenchanayo, HyungJun-ssi," JaeKyung said.  "I was trying to nap.  Maybe you could splash on the other side."

 - "Deh but that's where the sleeping beauties are," KyuJong giggled.

No one saw the mischievous glint in JungMin's eyes.  "Let's have a race," he suggested.

 - "Na better stay out and referee," KyuJong said.

 - "Milady," JungMin bowed to JaeKyung, "might I fight in your honor?"

JaeKyung laughed and momentarily forgot her sick feeling.  "Arraso!  Hmm...what can I give you?  Ah, my bracelet!  Here you go, Mr. Knight," she gave him the bracelet.  It was a gold rope bracelet; it wouldn't be damaged by the water.

 - "I will swim to the death, milady!"

Maknae rolled his eyes.  "My lady Abigaíl-ssi, may I swim for you?"  Maknae asked a little shyly.  JaeKyung and Abigaíl were the highest-ranking females present.

 - "I don't like to lose, HyungJun-ssi," she played along.  "What guarantee do I have that you will win?"

 - "I'll give Isabel one of my stuffed turtles," he said with confidence.

 - "Coming from this guy, that's like you're getting something in Gold," KyuJong laughed.

 - "Deal, but if you lose, I'm taking your turtle."

 - "Algetseubnida!"

 - "First one to finish eight laps wins," KyuJong had a timer on his phone.  "Hana...dol...ka!"

The four spectators shouted and cheered as the two went around the pool.  Maknae was a stronger swimmer and JungMin knew it.  Maknae was already on his last lap and JungMin just finishing the 7th.  The only way he would win was to trick Maknae.  He crossed under his sleeping Hyeong-deul just when his friend was passing by.  He made a lunge for HyungJun, trying to pull him back so he could pass.  The two wrestled, trying to get the upper hand.

 - "This is really bad, ladies.”  KyuJong worried they were going to knock into the two sleepers at any moment.  You just never knew what would actually wake them up.  "Yah!  Time..."

It was too late.  HyungJun broke away from his friend half throwing him on the lounger on YoungSaeng's side.  JungMin slid back into the water and YoungSaeng followed.  HyungJun got to the finish mark and pulled himself out of the pool.  Cheering he ran to Abigaíl"We won, my lady!"  He bowed.

 - "Yes, you did but your friend is about to get murdered."

 - "Hyeong!  Chincha, it wasn't my fault.  Maknae pushed me!"

 - "Yah!  You cheated."

 - "Jugeullae (Do you wanna die)?"  YoungSaeng was usually mellow and easy-going, but don't wake him from his nap and don't mess with his hair.

 - "Mal!  Swim for it!"  HyungJun shouted.

JungMin had already been edging away from YoungSaeng and dove under the floater (and a confused HyunJoong) toward KyuJong and safety.  "It was an accident!"  KyuJong told YoungSaeng.

 - "YoungSaeng-ssi, don't get too upset at them," JaeKyung defended her knight.

  - "Ah, deh, mianhamnida, Ha JaeKyung-ssi;" he couldn't argue with the lady.  He gave the two young ones a look that said, 'just wait'.

 - "What now?"  HyunJoong asked.  HyunJoong loved a good competition and now he was awake.

 - "Water volleyball!"  JungMin's eyes danced with the idea of a game.

 - "Deh!  I'll get the net and ball," Ilana had purchased extra things for the pool when JungMin and Suzy moved in and also with the expectation that eventually the guys would come visit.

 - "I'm game," HyunJoong said.

 - "Na do!" Saengie said.

 - "I'll referee," KyuJong wasn't crazy enough to join their games.  Not while at Ilana's house, someone needed to make sure no one was killed or the house destroyed.  "Teams will consist of an 86 with and 87!"  Groaning was heard.  "Na don't trust you guys, Naega separating you for nae sanity."

 - "I want to play!"  Abigaíl moaned.

 - "Deh!"  JaeKyung also complained.

 - "Anieyo, yeoja.  You'll get hurt with these namja.  This goes for Agassi too.  Na can't let that happen," he smiled at them sweetly.  It must be hard for a woman not to be able to participate in something because you might get hurt but you endure for the child you carry.  He couldn't even let the babysitter play if she wanted.  Between HyunJoong and JungMin, someone would be at least bruised, if not bleeding.

 - "Gwenchana!  We'll just cheer."

 - "Right!  I'm going for the two HJ's,” Abigaíl said.

 - "I'll take the Saeng-Min team," JaeKyung said.  The babysitter also chose YoungSaeng's team.  She thought he was really handsome, even if he was much older than her.

 - "Everyone get ready!"  KyuJong started the game.  The leader/Maknae team won the coin toss and it was their serve.  This would be a long game as all of five of them were athletic.

A few minutes later JaeKyung stood up from her chaise, "let me know what happens."  She ran into the house.

KyuJong saw her run off out of the corner of his eye"Is JaeKyung-ssi unwell?"  He asked of Abigaíl.

 - "Nausea, she's just starting and she hasn't figured out a pattern yet."

 - "Ah, I see."

 - "Abigaíl-ssi is well?"

 - "Yes, thank you."  Since KyuJong had one of those faces that invited conversation, she continued.  "It's been nice to have JaeKyung to talk to.  Neither one of us has anyone pregnant that's around us."

 - "Abigaíl-ssi has Isabel, so at least things aren't a surprise this time around."

 - "That's not really true, I feel different this time and he sits right in a spot where it makes it hard to get up and walk.  So really, I'm as clueless as JaeKyung."

 - "Ah Deh, each pregnancy can be different, but at least you have a friend and a good husband."  KyuJong smiled as Abigaíl smiled at the mention of her husband.

 - "Jae is...a blessing but sometimes he drives me crazy.  If I let him, I'd be sitting at home not doing anything, just watching my stomach grow but he loves Isabel and JaeWook," she pat her baby bump indicating that was JaeWook.

 - "Jaejoong Uissa, saranghaedo Abigaíl-ssi.  He loves you too," he translated for her.

Abigaíl smiled.  "I can't complain, Dr. KyuJong."

Just then the Maknae caught the ball with his head, giving the score to YoungSaeng and JungMin.

 - "Appayo!"  Maknae cried grabbing his head.

Nana had seen JaeKyung run to the bathroom a few times today.  She had brewed a homemade ginger tea with honey and made ginger cookies, along with a few crackers with cream cheese and other sweets and snacks that the boys might like.  Although, her main concern was the pregnant ladies, men would eat rocks if they were placed in front of them.

JaeKyung finished throwing up and went to the kitchen for a bottle of water.  She needed it very cold just like Abigaíl "Nana, may I have a bottle of water, please?"

 - "Un momentito, niña (Just a moment dear)," Nana took a glass from the tea cart she was loading and filled it with ice and the ginger tea and handed it to JaeKyung with a ginger cookie.

JaeKyung sipped cautiously and was surprised at the delicious ginger tea.  "Nana, this is awesome!  Nana made it for Abigaíl and me and the cookies too?"  She bit into the cookie and danced happily.  "Omo!  Nana is the best.  Can I just stay here until Jihoo and Ilana come back from their honeymoon?"

 - "Por supuesto que si (of course)," Nana joked along and then placed one more tray on the cart.

 - "Are those Hotteok?!"  JaeKyung was in food heaven.

Nana had wanted to give her guests a taste of home and although in the three weeks Jihoo had been with them they hadn't filled the kitchen with too many Korean staples.  She did have some things and knew how to use the internet to get recipes.  These weren't any more difficult than making regular pancakes that Ilana and Jihoo loved so much.  Nana just smiled at JaeKyung who stood there staring at all the treats not knowing where to start and hoping the baby would like it.

 - "Vamos a llevar el carito afuera para los demás (Let's take the cart outside for the others)."

Once outside, JaeKyung yelled "snack time!  Abigaíl you have to try the tea and ginger cookies."

Abigail poured some tea over ice, it smelled wonderful"Mm!!  Gracias, Nana."

 - "Guys, she made Hotteok too!"

 - "Chincha?"  They had declared a timeout due to HyungJun's injury; they were tied 1-1.

 - "Quick snack, guys and then we finish the game.  We can't leave it tied," JungMin, would never accept a tie.

One by one, the boys all thanked Nana.  Just as HyungJun was going to take a Hotteok, JungMin 'accidentally' tripped him back into the pool.  He still had his napkin in his hand.  "Hyeong!  I didn't do anything!"

They were all laughing and JungMin relented and stood at the edge to give his friend a hand.  "Mianhae, I was just messing with you.  It's been too long."  It must have been too long because everyone knew what would happen next.  Maknae took his friend's hand and pulled him back into the pool.  "Maknae!"

HyungJun pulled himself out of the pool and stuck his tongue out at JungMin.  Maknae quickly went to stand by Abigaíl, for safety reasons.  "Annyeong, JaeWook, wait until you have a Hotteok."  JaeWook moved in Mom's tummy to the sound of HyungJun's voice.

 - "Wau, did you see that?"  JaeKyung was amazed.  The others thought it amazing as well.  They decided watching Abigail's stomach move was more fun than their volleyball game.

Curious, HyunJoong came up to her, "appayo?"

KyuJong was next to him, "he's asking if it hurts," he translated.

 - "Oh, not really.  It feels weird and sometimes he kicks hard.  That's when it hurts."  There was a curious expression on his face.  Abigaíl normally preferred not to let strangers touch her baby bump but it looked like he really wanted too but would never ask "Do you want to say hello?"  She took his hand catching him by surprise and placed it on the spot where she felt the baby.

HyunJoong turned bright red but everyone was waiting for him to do something "JaeWook-ah, are you going to like football?"  JaeWook didn't make a large movement like he did for Maknae but he did kick at HyunJoong's hand.  His eye went completely round and was grinning from ear to ear.  "Wau!  JaeWook-ah is daeback!" This time the kick was stronger and he removed his hand in surprise.

 -"It’s okay, it's like he's playing with you," he does it to my husband all the time.

 - “HyunJoong-ssi will be a great Appa one day," JaeKyung said.  "Hopefully not too soon, deh?"

HyunJoong didn't say anything, just smiled.  He wondered what it would be like to have his own child.

 - "Break over!"  JungMin/drill sergeant said.  "We still have a game to finish."

HyunJoong smiled and inclined his head to the ladies and turned to JungMin. "Let's do this!  JungMin-ah your team is going down."  Babies were soon forgotten in the thrill of competition.


Girona, Spain April 4, 2015

Jihoo opened his eyes, realizing it was full daylight out.  He was sleeping on his back and his wife was snuggled against his arm.  It was a rare occasion for him to wake up before her.  The flight, the food, and the wine had conspired to make her very tired.  He carried her back to the house from their picnic spot, leaving the blanket where it lay.  He told the housekeeper when she tried offering them dinner at ten at night but he was still full from tapas and once his wife decided to sleep, there was no waking her up.

He moved slowly not wanting to wake her just yet, bringing her head to rest on his arm.  He really couldn't get enough of her, caressing her, holding her, kissing her and even just staring at her sweet face.  As for other things, it was a bonus and he wasn't saying he didn't enjoy it but just the simple ability to watch her sleep peacefully was somehow on a higher intimacy scale.  Four weeks had not made up for being apart for three months.  He had tucked her in with just her undergarments and unbound hair; she was now in a nightgown and her hair bound in a braid.  He thought he’d felt her stirring in the middle of the night, her internal California clock must have gone off telling her it was the afternoon.  This was probably why she was still sound asleep.  They had just gotten back from Seoul only three weeks prior; his poor wife's subconscious must be very confused.  He was used to traveling and how to trick his body to avoid jet lag.

Jihoo bent to kiss his wife, very softly, not wanting to wake her abruptly but gradually.  Nuzzling her face and letting his lips graze her cheek, he wanted to hold her tight against him but wasn't ready to wake her up.  Extricating his arm, he traced her neck with his thumb.  She moved just slightly giving him more access.  He kissed her again, letting the kiss trail along her jaw to her exposed neck and down to her collarbone and shoulder at which he nipped at, slipping the strap of her gown down off her shoulder.  This was a different gown from the one she wore on their wedding night, not quite as stretchy.  He smiled as he kissed the swell of her and in between, It wouldn't be long before she woke.  He kissed her again, a little firmer and let his hand travel up from her hip and ending at the little bud on her .  He nipped at her lips gently, never roughly, feeling her wake in her arousal.

Ilana's own moan woke her from her sleep, goosebumps forming on her arms.  Jihoo smiled, seeing her wake but didn't say anything.  He pecked her lips once more and traveled down to her neck, "annyeong hashminikka," he whispered somewhere near her ear.   At least she assumed so since he was tickling her ear and neck with his lips, giving her damp kisses and then blowing gently.

 - "Sarang!His hand was still torturing her in the same spot, sending pulsing sensations to an entirely different area.  His lips continued traveling slowly downward to meet his hand.  When the lips took over where the hand was, she involuntarily arched her back to meet him.

 - "Saranghaeyo," he said pausing for a second.  Her hands had begun caressing his back and hair.  She tried to focus on doing something, rather than laying their immobile, even though at times that was all she was capable of.  His hand was teasing her at her hip and moving down to her thigh.  She didn't know when her gown had scrunched up to her waist.

Not wanting to rush, Jihoo sat up and pulled her up to him.  This way they were on equal levels and he felt she wouldn't be so timid.  He was right.

She smiled at him and kissed him softly, hand on his face, "saranghaeyo."  She trailed kisses on his neck and collar, the same way he did.  She let her hand explore his chest, back and toned abs.  Her hand in that one particular location just sent pleasurable waves downward.  in his breathe noisily, he startled her and she stopped her exploring fearing he didn't approve.

 -  "Gwenchana, don't stop," he placed her hand back where it had been.  He let her explore tentatively, getting bolder as she went along.  Pulling her onto his lap and with a hand on the back of her head flamed their desire with bold kisses, while their hands explored and caressed one another.  Her humming made him want to kiss her all the more; he felt her desire against his own and couldn't hold on any longer.  Without breaking their kiss, he laid her back on the bed.

Sometime later, they lay exhausted in each other’s arms.  Legs entwined.  He still made love to her slowly and gently.  They weren't in any hurry; this was their time to get to know each other.  He enjoyed every minute of their lovemaking and didn't need to hurry her or try being rough or hurt her; she'd had enough of that in the past.  He was happy to pleasure her and he most definitely received pleasure back.  He played with her hair.  He had unbraided it during their lovemaking, loving the way fingers drowned in its lovely waves.

Ilana felt like falling asleep again but then she would end up awake in the middle of the night again.  Suddenly, she sat up and kissed her husband, boldly.

 - "Mm, wae?"

Ilana felt his love not only in actions or words but also in the way he looked at her with tenderness, usually with a smile or with concern when she was sick.  "Sarang knows I'm all yours, deh?  If there is...anything...you want...me to do...that I'm...not..."

She was still leaning over him and he stopped her stuttering speech, with a kiss and brought her body to lie on top of him.  She was blushing and neither spoke.  He caressed her neck with his thumb and ran his other hand over her back and sides.  "And I am yours," he said after a few minutes"Hajiman Ilana Contreras is not my possession.  You’re my helper...partner...anae...sarang..."  He kissed her briefly after each word.  ”Na told you we'd figure things out together.  Na want our intimate relationship to be an extension of ourselves.  Sarang, your touch shy or bold is pleasing to me.  Na would rather have your loving touch that’s willingly given than my asking you for something that you will unwillingly give just because I asked for it.  It has to be pleasing to you too."  He combed his fingers through her hair, continuing his loving caresses.

Ilana burrowed her face into his chest, she didn't want to offend him by what she did or didn't do for him and now she had offended him with her words.  He wasn't scolding her, not really but it felt like it or maybe it was just post lovemaking sensitiveness.  If there was such a thing?

Jihoo saw her retreat and mask her face by letting her hair drape around it, he felt her draw in her breath and then a tear fell.  "Wae?"  He moved her hair from her face and tilted it back up to face him.

Ilana shrugged her shoulders and tried to avoid his gaze.  Jihoo sighed and let her brought her head back down to his chest, playfully draping her hair over her eyes.  "Sarang...you know what I like?"

Ilana shrugged her shoulders again.

 - "Choah, when you kiss me playfully at first, pushing me to kiss you deeper.  Choah, when Sarang wants me to kiss her and I hold back.  Nae sarang's pout is very cute."  He was rubbing slow circles on her upper back with one hand and the other caressed her hair.  "Choah when...you mimic what I do for you.  Wae?  Because you want to, not because I'm forcing you to."  He felt her starting to smile.  "Nomu choah...when you put your hand right here..."  He slid her half off of him and brought her hand to where she holds him while they are kissing. Without moving her hand, he kissed her red face.  "Sarang doesn't know that she starts to rub on that spot and it seems to have a direct effect somewhere else."  She buried her head in his chest again, stifling and embarrassed squeal.  Jihoo chuckled too.  "You see, Sarang, we'll get to know each other as we go along.  I'm not in a hurry; believe me when I say Na enjoy making love to you."  He let go her hand and turned to her; she looked up at him.  "The act is pleasurable but the fact that it's you, nae yippeun sarang and that our pleasure is mutual.  That's what makes it so much more, the becoming one, like the Bible says.  Not one is more than the other, we are just one."

 - "Saranghaeyo, Yoon Jihoo."  She sat up to kiss him the way he said he liked; teasingly at first and then gradually getting bolder.

The time passed more as the newlyweds continued exploring their likes; so far they hadn't come across any dislikes.  Each was careful with the other, aiming to please and not push.  By the time hunger won out and they were both showered and dressed, it was two in the afternoon.

The housekeeper set out a seafood soup, green salad, rabbit stew and chunks of bread.  "Se comportan come recién casados (You're acting like newlyweds)," she teased them.

Ilana blushed and Jihoo just ate.  There was no reason in going into the fact that they were still newlyweds.

 - "Deja de trabajar tanto Senyora, así no vendrá el bebé (Stop working so much ma'am, the baby won't come like that)."  She lapsed into Catalan for a word or two.

Ilana almost choked on her stew.  Jihoo handed her a cup of water, thankful she could hide her face in the rim of the cup.

 - "No preocupar señora...a eso venimos (Don't worry, ma'am...that's why we're here)," Jihoo said in his accented but near-perfect Spanish.  Ilana turned her wide eyes to her husband and he squeezed he hand under the table.

 - "Entonces coman más, necesitan energías para que nazca fuerte el bebé (In that case, eat more, you'll need energy so the baby is born strong)."

Ilana was ready to dive into her stew to hide, while Jihoo nodded at the housekeeper with that barely suppressed humor in his eyes.

Several helpings later, they were being shooed back to their room to rest so they can work on the baby again later.  They did as they were told only because they didn't want to get scolded.  Jihoo was the first one to burst into giggles.  "Yah!  It's not funny!"  Ilana said, even if she couldn't help laughing also.

Jihoo hugged her tight and kissed the top of her head.  "The baby will come when God wants her to come, we..." he kissed her cheek,"...we can just enjoy the ride until then."

Ilana smacked his arm, "jeongmal, Sarang.  If I stay indoors, I'll fall asleep after all that food."

 - "Wait a few minutes to make sure she's busy in the kitchen and we'll go out.  How about a horse ride?  We can ride doubles while the horse can still carry us.  If the housekeeper has her way, we'll gain about twenty pounds each before we leave."

 - "Maja, arraso."

They snuck down the stairs and out of the house before putting on their riding boots.  The rest of the afternoon, they spent rambling through town on horseback and lying on the grass, enjoying the open air and each other’s kisses.

Los Angeles, CA

The two oldest managed to beg off going to the amusement park in favor of sleeping and generally being lazy.  They had to meet them all at the airport later.  It was their last day of freedom and Ilana's home might as well be a private resort.  Suzy had to work and JungMin also went into the office for a few hours.

They had spent the evening before, making music (their favorite past time) and celebrating JungMin's birthday.  Nana and Brendon also joined them around the fire pit.  Brendon was also quite good at the guitar and gave HyunJoong a few pointers with the Spanish guitar.  Nana surprised them all with her own melodic voice and told them all stories of when Ilana's parents were alive and they would spend Sunday afternoons with their guests singing and also making music just like they were.

HyunJoong and YoungSaeng knew they would not be left alone, so after everyone had gone to sleep; they took blankets and pillows into the music room and slept on the floor quite comfortably.  In the morning, no one knew where they had gone.  They were forced to leave without them.

Waking up past noon, they picked up their blankets and packed their bags, then went out to enjoy the pool.  HyunJoong felt like doing some laps, while YoungSaeng favored the lounger.  Everyone knew YoungSaeng didn't like his hair messed, but since they were planning on hanging out at the pool, neither one had showered much less combed their hair.  They just stuffed their heads in ball caps (YoungSaeng had bought one at the beach).  YoungSaeng looked like he was sleeping again, so HyunJoong began making large waves to see if his friend would wake up.  "YoungSaeng-ah!  Swim with me!"  When no answer came, he began to circle the floater and crisscross under it, his friend still slept.  "Aish, this kid."  Diving back under the floater, he managed to tip it over and YoungSaeng went rolling into the water once again.  YoungSaeng recovered and saw his laughing Sunbae. "It's our last day, swim with me."  YoungSaeng just glared at him.  HyunJoong was not to be deterred and started splashing him.

 - "Sunbae!  Andwae!"

Sending one giant splash towards his friend, using the distraction he escaped.  HyunJoong always wanted to do a triathlon, so getting out of the pool and running was not that big of a deal.  His friend, although in better shape than before his military service, still wasn't as good as him.  But he could try.  They both raced through the paths as HyunJoong tried to lose him.  Finally coming to the rose garden and nowhere else to go, HyunJoong was trapped.  YoungSaeng tackled him to the ground and punched him not too lightly in the stomach.

 - "Ugh!"  HyunJoong groaned.  They both lay flat on the ground, heads together, laughing.  "It's been a while since we've gotten to hang out."

 - "Deh, since JungMin's wedding."

 - "I always looked forward to spending a week or more on the ship with you guys."

 - "Other than sneaking off to dive, it was your only vacation and you still worked."

 - "Ani...choah singing, performing.  That's not work, being Kim HyunJoong sometimes is.  Hajiman...Na owe my fans everything.  Na wouldn't be Kim HyunJoong without them."

 - "Mmm," YoungSaeng wondered if he should mention his visitor but too embarrassed decided not to.  "Choa singing and performing too.  Na enjoy being part of the police choir."

 - "Deh, Maknae emailed me the video of the three of you.  Na wish I could've been there or even participated with you."  HyunJoong laughed.  "Maybe JungMin's boss would have let him come too and then it would be like our times on the ship together.”

 - “Deh, we had a blast when you came on board.  It was as if we were given a vacation too.  Remember when we were all chasing Maknae and he ran right into the captain?”

 - “Making him spill his coffee all over his white uniform?”  HyunJoong laughed his head off at the memory.

 - “He would have gotten fired if Sunbae hadn’t taken the blame.”

 - “It was easier for me to get scolded for having a good time with friends but not forgetting that na was someone nae dongsaeng-deul looked up to.”

 - “Sunbae got that speech each time you came on board.”

 - “Gwenchana, I’d do it again if Na had too.  The best times on the ship were because of you guys.  Especially getting together and performing.  It wasn't work, just chingu-deul hanging out.”

They still laughed for a few minutes at the fond memories and then YoungSaeng sighed“It's lonely at the top," he thought.  "Jeongmal, why does Sunbae always have to take the blame and try and solve every problem on your own?”

 - “Mollahyo, I’m Sunbae it’s my responsibility.”

 - “Even when it’s not your fault?”  YoungSaeng was getting irritated.

 - “Whether directly or indirectly it’s still my mistake.”  He would later get home to a few missed text messages and a new lawsuit but for now, he was happy, relaxed, and grateful to be away.  HyunJoong changed the subject.  "Greon, what did you and Mina-ssi talk about?"

 - "Mworago?"

HyunJoong rolled his eyes, pabo.  Mina, the girl you escorted to her table?"

 - "Anieyo, na just walked with her."

 - "Aish!"  HyunJoong sighed "She's moving to Seoul, Ilana said so.  You two can get to know each other."

 - "Chincha?  Sunbae can get to know her, Na don't have time."

This made HyunJoong laugh, "and I do?  Anyway, she likes you, not me."

 - "Andwae!"

 - "Deh!  She seems nice, Na think you have a fan."

 - "Tch!  Mollah (whatever)."  Young Saeng harrumphed.

 - "Deh Mollah (whatever)!"  HyunJoong sat up and shook his friend's head back and forth.  "Kaja, we should get cleaned off before going inside the house."  He stood extending his hand to YoungSaeng.  Their clothes were still wet and had grass and dirt on them.

Nothing escaped Nana’s notice and especially with her temporary help.  She knew there was a reason YoungSaeng had not come until just before the wedding.  She also knew there was something sad about HyunJoong.  Ilana hadn’t told her that she and Jihoo were praying for him but since the day he arrived, she too had been praying.  It was the same type of feeling that led her to reach out to the young Doctor.

The boys didn’t eat breakfast but she wanted theirs and Jihoo’s Grandfather’s last day to be special.  With Suzy’s help, she found out the boys favorite foods and handed her list of ingredients when she left with the girls yesterday.  She made them steamed pork buns from scratch, spicy rice cakes, and fried chicken, Kimchi pancakes.  She also cut up fruit for later.  JungMin had called Brendon to pick them up and they should be back any minute.  She had also planned to give them a nice dinner, different types of pasta that would keep them full until it was time to eat on the plane.

Nana’s helper told her the boys were in the rose garden.  After setting the food on the patio table, she went to get the boys but they had come from the pool house, freshly showered.  They didn’t say no to homemade food.  Hearing a car and the gate, she knew JungMin was home.  Comen muchachos, ya viene su amigo (Eat boys, your friend is coming now).”

YoungSaeng and HyunJoong really had no clue what she said; they just knew that their favorite foods were on the table.  JungMin rounded the corner, dressed casually as it was Saturday.

 - “Wau, Halmoni, you made all this for us?”  YoungSaeng was in awe.  The guys had scolded him for not staying with them the first night.  They had told him about all the wonderful food he had missed.

 - “Kansamnida, Halmoni,” HyunJoong bowed; surprised she had made spicy rice cakes.  Those were always his favorite.

 - “Halmoni is jjang at cooking,” JungMin raved.

 - “Deh!”  The guys were already digging into their favorites.

 - “I agree with you boys, Harabeoji had just come back from his hike and did not mind having a steamed bun.  Halmoni es bienvenida en Seúl con los jóvenes cuando guste (You are welcome to come to Seoul with the kids anytime).”  A president needs to have more than one language.  He had four.

 - Exageran (you exaggerate),” Nana waved away the complements.  She just wanted to make them happy.  Come cuanto gustes (Eat all you want),” smiling at HyunJoong eating with relish, she tapped his thin cheek, making him blush.

 - “Kansamnida."  There was something in Nana’s eyes that made HyunJoong want to hug her but restrained himself.

JungMin took a bite out of the kimchi pancake, which had some shredded carrot in it as well.  Ohh!!  Halmoni!  Saranghaeyo!”

 - “Chistoso (funny guy).”  Nana scoffed at him.

 - “Chinchayo!”  He batted his eyelashes at her, getting a laugh and shake of her head.  “Show me your eyes and give you my love,” JungMin made a heart with his hands.

HyunJoong jumped in, "Nan nega johungol love you forever,”

All three harmonized, “Come to my heart.”

And YoungSaeng finished off “Listen my song for you boyojulke nol hyanghan mam gobeghalke gudemane wangjarangol.”

Nana laughed and squeezed cheeks all around, que lindos son, todos (you’re all very sweet).”  She couldn’t help be smitten with them.

 - “But Halmoni loves me the best, majayo?”  JungMin played.

Nana gave him another love tap on the cheek. Les agradezco de mi Corazón que hayan ofrecido su amistad a mi niña (My heart is grateful that you befriended my girl).”  Nana blinked back tears.  Estaré en oración por todos (I’ll be in prayer for all of you).”

JungMin was translating.  YoungSaeng was almost as bad as HyunJoong about reigning in his emotions but seeing Nana so affected, made him want to say something.  “Gwenchana, Halmoni, we just wanted to see her smile."

Nana turned to YoungSaeng with loving eyes, Dios a apartado una muchacha solo para ti (God has set aside a Young lady just for you), no te desesperes (don’t despair)Ora por ella y yo también orare (Pray for her and I will too)."  Leaving a stunned YoungSaeng, she turned to HyunJoong,Descargue en él todas sus angustias, porque él tiene cuidado de usted (Cast all your cares on Him, because He will take care of you).”

 - “Deh Halmoni,” what more could they say?  Nana touched both their shoulders lovingly and went back inside.

 - “She’s a wise woman," Harabeoji said as Nana entered the house.

HyunJoong and YoungSaeng looked at each other wide-eyed and resumed eating, each lost in his own thoughts and the delicious food.  That night before they left, they would tearfully say goodbye as Nana would place her hand on both their heads and pray for protection and a hedge to be placed around them, also for the Lord to pour out his blessing on their lives.  They had a very special calling, she felt.  They would need faith and prayer to carry it out.  Especially HyunJoong, she prayed for extra protection for him. 

The rest of the gang had gone to the Disneyland parks and enjoyed every minute of it.  InHei did not want to leave the princesses, while JeongYul wanted to explore.  Too little for most of the roller coasters, they headed for Toon town and then to California Adventure.  The party split up into a few groups.  So family, Seoul couples with the SangWoo, SungRyung, ShiYoon, DokMi and the Song couple with the Kim’s, YuJin, and Shancai.  They reunited for dinner, their last activity before heading to the airport.  Shinwa had a membership to the Tokyo Disney club 33 and JunPyo reluctantly gave the group part of his guest tickets.  Even though they would still be left with five visits and he was so busy, secretary Jang had to purposely schedule him in Tokyo so that it would remind him to take the family.  His guests only had to pay for their dinner which was not much less than park admission.

Having just finished dinner, the entire party split up again to explore and take pictures of all the amazing features inside the private club.

 - "YuJin-ah, Ilwoo-ssi, come check out this balcony," WooBin called the couple to where he and JaeKyung sat.  The balcony overlooked the line for Pirates of the Caribbean and the river.

 - "Oooh!  Nice view?"  Uee said excitedly.

 - "Isn't it?"  JaeKyung said.  "Yeobo, when the little one gets older can we get a membership too?"

 - "We'll see," WooBin kissed his wife.  It was not a big deal; they were affectionate in front of everyone, staff and friends alike.

Ilwoo glanced at Uee questioning the odd statement made by Jaekyung.  The club staff had yet to be informed of the new Song family member residing inside JaeKyung.

 - "YuJin-ah, your contract will expire soon.  This seems like a good place to talk, do you mind?"  WooBin asked.

Uee looked to Ilwoo before answering.  "Shouldn't the other members be here too?"

 - "Deh and anieyo, you're their representative, deh?”

Uee shrugged, not really sure of her response.

 - “You see, JaeKyung and I are expecting our first child.”

 - "Omo!!  Chukahae!"  Uee hugged Jaekyung, forgetting herself.  She would have jumped back but JaeKyung hugged her back and squealed right along with her.

 - "Chukahae WooBin-ssi," Ilwoo, shook his hand.

 - "Kansamnida," WooBin said.  "What this means is...we are leaving in July for Seoul as we want the baby to born there and the club is doing well under Manager Ra.  Na promised I would sign you permanently after a year.  Na want you guys to go with us to Seoul.  Ara you will be a hit just as you are here.  Na don't plan on leaving Seoul for a while, what would you say to let anae and I be your managers.  If Shancai-ssi wants to come as your coordi, Na can arrange for her to work at the club or maybe Shinwa.  Na would like your group to do some modeling first and let everyone become familiar with your faces and then we'll start hitting up recording companies."

Uee was speechless

 - "Jung Ilwoo, this is a perfect opportunity for you two to get married."  JaeKyung teased.

 - "Deh, if you plan on following your yeoja chingu, that might be the best thing."

Now it was Ilwoo who was speechless and he usually had a retort for everything.

 - "We'll talk about it,” Uee came back to herself"Kansamnida, WooBin-ssi…Kansamnida, JaeKyung-ssi."  She bowed before them and dragged her boyfriend out.

WooBin and JaeKyung were left laughing at the retreating couple"Anae purposely put Ilwoo on the spot."

 - "Deh," she said without shame.  "Do you think it worked?  They've been dating for a while.  It's time he stepped up."

 - "It's either that or lose her.  She loves him but also dreams of becoming a professional singer.  Sometimes guys need a fire lit under them before they see what's around them."  He pulled her into a passionate embrace, the people walking and the river forgotten.


Girona, Spain April 5, 2015

After eighteen hours and four airports later (Barcelona, Prague, Seoul, and Jeju), Ilana's legs felt like Jello.  Their hotel was beautiful and welcoming; all she wanted was to sink into the bed and snuggle with her husband, talking and sometimes kissing.  She'd even take soaking in the Jacuzzi but alas, she knew in the back of her mind that wasn't going to happen.  This trip would be opposite of Barcelona.  Thankfully, Jihoo told her ‘no’ to Busan.  He said that he would take her to Busan another time.  Freshly showered, hair and makeup done, Ilana was dragged out for a snack, the Teddy Bear Museum and to dinner.  "Gomawo, Sarang."  Ilana practically skipped as they were exiting the Museum.  He bought her an adorable teddy bear, not that she asked for it or really collected stuffed animals.  She never had anyone give them to her, except for Maknae but she would treasure this one for the memory of their honeymoon.  She rewarded him with a kiss as they walked hand in hand back to the hotel.  The temperature was the same as in Girona, high fifties and although in her dress, Ilana wasn't that cold.  The coat and Jihoo's hand kept her warm.

They arrived back at the hotel, where Jihoo had made reservations at the Ocean View restaurant.   The restaurant was entirely outdoors and the food was cooked on an outdoor barbeque.  They were served grilled black pig, seafood pancake and makgeolli (rice wine).  Everything looked and smelled delicious, although Ilana was eyeing the strange white soup-like substance.

 - "Sarang, what is that?"

With a wooden spoon, Jihoo was already ladling it into the two cups provided.  "Makgeolli.  Sarang wanted to get to know Korea, this is part of it."

Taking a sniff, "Anieyo gwenchanayo," Ilana shook her head.  She still felt wary of drinking alcoholic beverages.

 - "Try it, it will relax you enough for a good night's sleep.  We've got a busy day tomorrow."  Ilana was already pouting.  "Sarang wanted to experience my country..." He reminded her.

 - "Deh..."  Two weeks in two different countries and wanting to get comfortable intimately with Jihoo was quite a task.  She sighed and took the cup of liquid and sipped.

Jihoo laughed at the face she made.  She squeezed her eyes shut and formed into a grimace.  "Drink it with your food, Sarang.  It's not that bad," taking a sip from his own cup.  "Na remember Harabeoji drinking Makgeolli when I was young.”

 - "Other than that," she pointed to the drink "Everything is delicious."  The food was brought in platters to share.  The newlyweds took turns feeding each other and Ilana only sipped at the fermented drink when absolutely necessary.  That was more than enough to give her that slightly off feeling.

 - "Should I piggyback you?"  Jihoo asked amused as his wife clung to his arm a little tighter than usual.

 - "Ani, wae?"

 - "Anieyo," he was amused.

 - "Arraso," she saw the amused look in his eyes and poked his side.

 - "Yah!"  He tickled her back and thus was the walk back to the room, each trying to tickle and avoid be tickled.

It was after ten when they arrived back to their traditional style room.  It had hardwood floors and panels, a deck with a private bath, overlooking the ocean.  It was absolutely serene and it was a shame she had said she wanted to see Korea.  Her husband would make her stick to her word, otherwise...

 - "Sarang, do you want to get in the tub for a while?"  Jihoo asked.

 - "A-anieyo."  Hot tubs were an item from her past that had bad memories and she didn't want to start bringing them to mind "Lord, remove my fears right now, please?"  She prayed.  Her heartbeat was accelerating just thinking about being in the Jacuzzi with a man, even if he was her husband.

 - "Yah, gwenchana?"  Jihoo could see her worried countenance and hear it in her voice.

Ilana stepped into his arms so that she didn't have to look at the tub.  She needed him to block out the memories.  She didn't understand why she was tensing up all of a sudden when they had showered together several times since their wedding day but fears have that tendency to pop up when you least expected.

Somehow Jihoo understood and held onto her tightly, reassuring her of where she was and who she was with and how much he loved and cherished her.  He prayed for her peace and strength, to keep the demons away that wanted to mar her happiness.

It took a few minutes but she let the Lord rule over her fear.  He had blessed her with his love and mercy, bestowed her with wonderful friends and a loving and supportive husband.  "Sarang," she smiled up at him "Do you want to go in the hot tub?"

 - "Chincha?"  He asked warily.

 - "Deh, I get the bathroom!"  She was already squirming out of his arms.

Jihoo was already in the tub, waiting for her.  She had on one of the bathrobes and discarded it onto a lounger.  Her bathing suit was a one piece black with white polka dot halter that covered her bottom with a ruffled skirt.  She smiled at him, before sitting on the edge and taking a deep breath.

 - "You're not getting in?"

 - "Deh, let me get used to the water," and make sure she didn't have a panic attack.

Jihoo knew she was dealing with something; he took her hand in his.  "Gwenchana, sit with me, Sarang."

Ilana nodded, she was fine, "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor; for if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion."  She quoted the verse in her head and thanked God for her companion.  She slipped into the tub next to him.

 - "Gwenchana?"  He brought his arm around her and she leaned her head against him and welcomed his protection.

 - "Mmm," she took hold of the unoccupied hand and trapped it between her two hands.  "Where are we going tomorrow?"  She asked.

 - "Na will let anae sleep in..." Ilana smiled.  "...and after breakfast, we'll head to Udo Island first, I'll hire us a boat."  Ilana would later scold him for not taking the ferry.  "Then we'll climb up..."

 - "Climb?"  Ilana interrupted.

 - "Climb.  Don’t interrupt."  Ilana gave her husband a mock scowl.  "Climb up sunrise peak and watch the sunset.  Arraso anae?"

 - "Sunrise peak and watch the sunset?  Nampyon?  That doesn't make sense."

 - "Would Sarang rather leave at four-thirty A.M. to be at the top by six A.M.?"

 - "Anieyo, sunset is daeback!"  Ilana made a great show of enthusiasm, anything to not have to be anywhere at four-thirty A.M.

They remained quiet, observing the moon over the water.

Ilana yawned a little later.  The warm water felt nice and the sound of the waves lapping against the shore and a few seagulls hunting fish and shellfish.

 - "Pigonhaeyo (tired)?"

 - "Jeogumyo but Haengbokhae (happy)," Ilana lovingly caressed her husband’s hands:  long beautiful musician's hands.  Made to play beautiful music and to hold her hand, play with her hair, and caress her cheek.

 - "Deh?"

 - "Nomu haengbokhae."  She pressed his hand to her cheek, kissing it.  She was smiling widely to herself.

 - "Wae?"  He asked, loving the look of joy on her face.

Ilana looked up at her husband.  "Have I told nampyon saranghae today?"

 - "Ani," he replied, even though she had.

Untangling herself from him, she sat on her knees and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.  She buried her face in his neck, "saranghae."

 - "Nado saranghae," Jihoo needed her even closer to him.  Ever since she was away from him all those months, there was a need for him to have her close to him.  He pulled her onto his lap and she kissed him, again wanting him to know just how much she loved him.  They laughed as they kissed, each trying to outdo the other.  They continued their kissing session, paying no mind to the scenery around them.


April 9, 2015

Ilana's eyes opened roughly around eight.  The food, the wine, the Jacuzzi and the kisses all contributed to a solid sleep.  She had her back to her husband and reached for her phone and read the time.  She needed to wake him up if they were going to get a full day in before sunset; he told them they had a two-hour car drive until they got to the Eastern side of the Island.  He looked like an angel, she thought.   Her angel.   "Sa-rang," she said in a sing-song voice.  "Sarang, wake up," still nothing.  She thought she was the hard one to wake.  "Should I wake you with a kiss, Sleeping Beauty?"  She lightly nipped at each of his lips.  Although very entertaining, he wasn't waking up.  "Sarang, are you playing possum?  Only pretending to be asleep?"  She placed a light kiss on his forehead.  "I love you, you know that?  Fine Dr. Yoon, you asked for it."  Her hair was still in its braid so she had a free hand to support her weight and the other to inflict torture.  Moving down his neck with damp kisses and then backtracked the same path while blowing.  She could hear his breathing change, her torture was working.  While she enjoyed the tangy taste of his skin, she played with the hem of his shirt, let her fingers graze his flesh above his pants.  She knew she'd be in big trouble when he woke and most likely end up leaving later than his planned time but she'd deal with the repercussions later.  She kissed his chest over his shirt, while the other hand sought that spot he said he liked.

Since he was asleep, she felt emboldened to be a little more assertive.  She could see his subconscious was enjoying her attention.  Certain things began to happen, so assuming she found the right spot, she let her fingertips rake the area with varying from short to long.  She was moving downward, kissing his chest and abs as she went.  His stomach was twitching and she heard him gasp.

Jihoo opened his eyes in response to his wife's torment.  "Sarang...," he gasped in surprise and the pleasurable feeling she was giving him.

Ilana felt his hand on her head.  They would never get out of the room before noon if she let him have his way.  She'd have to think of something.  "Annyeong hashminika, Sarang."  She had stopped her torment on his abs and side and smiled sweetly at him.  "Nampyon, Saranghaeyo."

Jihoo's sleepy brain was still trying to process what was happening, while she took his hand and kissed it and trailed kisses to the crook of his elbow.  It didn't have quite the same effect as it did on her but it wasn't unpleasant.  He reached up to kiss her and she pulled back.

 - "Later," she said, trying to keep a straight face and getting ready to jump off the bed and take off running.  "Begopayo," she said while he was still trying to figure her out.  "Get dressed!"  She took off running to the bathroom, having laid out clothes there the night before.

 - "Anae, eeliwah (come)!"  Jihoo said in a mock stern voice as he chased after her.  Ilana screamed as he caught her.  She had just entered the restroom, not fast enough to close the door and lock it.

 - "Jwosongmnida!"  She tried sounding sorrowful while attempting to free herself.  "Mianhae!  Chincha!"

 - "I'll forgive anae after I get nae morning kiss."

 

Not too terribly behind schedule and in good spirits, despite the argument over hiring a private boat or using the ferry, they did arrive at Juganmyeongwol where at noon the sun shines through the cave entrance and gives the illusion of a full moon reflecting on the water.  A phenomenon so amazing, Ilana could only whisper so as not to disturb it.  They hiked the area around the cave, enjoying the view.  Jihoo liked snapping pictures of her when she wasn't looking.  When hunger struck again, they visited Anne of Udo, a burger restaurant themed after Anne of Green Gables, one of Ilana’s favorite books.  They enjoyed a very tasty hamburger and Jihoo let his wife enjoy the museum on the second floor.

They walked hand in hand along the beach, it was extremely beautiful.  Not at all like California beaches that are murky.  They sat on some rocks enjoying the view.  "Nomu yippeun, Sarang.  It reminds me of going to England with Umma.  The countryside looked almost like this.  New Caledonia was like this too."

 - "When were you there?"

 - "Two Years ago, I guess, with the cruise ship."

 - "We can go back one day, Na have mixed memories about that place."  He held her hand"Na would like to make new memories with you."  Jihoo stood from his rock and kissed his wife"Kaja, we need to see the lighthouse park before getting back to Sunrise Peak."

Later at the top of sunrise peak, they said goodbye to the setting sun, arms wrapped around each other, praying for many more sunrises and sunsets together and praising God for their love.

 


April 11, 2015

 

Over the last few days, they traveled all over Seogwipo-ssi, visiting two waterfalls and cruised the Soesokkai Estuary on a rented paddleboat.  Of the two waterfalls, Cheonjeyeon falls were the favorite as they were wider than Jeongbang waterfall.  Ilana would like to be back again in the summer when the water was warmer.  They also visited Pacificland where they saw water mammal’s performing to music, much like they did at SeaWorld back home.  The miniature theme park was cute, but Ilana and Jihoo both enjoyed the folk village.

 - "I think I could live like that."  Ilana had said.  "Just worry about taking care of the household chores, toiling in the kitchen, making kimchi.  While my great Uissa nampyon worried about the politics of the day and keeping his job as a royal physician.  At the end of the day, he could leave his worries at the door."

 - "How would nae yippeun anae greet me at the end of the day?"

 - "Like this," she bowed to him and then wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down to her for a kiss.

 - "Will anae greet me that sweetly every day?"

 - "Greomyo!"

He pecked her lips.  "Na don't need to serve in a palace, I just want anae.  Just the way you are."

 - "Jihoo-yah, you're my prince.  My Mr. Bingly, sweet and kind and unbelievably mine."  She wrapped him tightly in her embrace.

It was Saturday and they decided to slow down for their remaining days and enjoy the hotel amenities.  Which meant they slept in very late, snuggled even longer, talked and of course, shared many kisses and other romantic activities that didn't require getting out of bed.

Finally, sometime in the afternoon, they decided to shower and leave the room in favor of obtaining some type of nourishment and a leisurely walk along the beach.

 - "Sarang, what should we do after Church tomorrow?"  They had decided to visit Bangju Church (Church of the sky) as it was a tourist attraction in Seogwipo.

Ilana had heard a couple speaking of hanging a love lock on Yongduam Bridge.  "Ah, can we go to Yongduam Bridge?"

 - "Wae Yongduam Bridge?"

Ilana smiled sheepishly, "Na...overheard another couple...talking about love locks?"  Ilana looked at him a little nervous of his reaction.

Jihoo just smiled, "Sarang wants to hang a love lock?"

She nodded, "ara it means nothing, we've already committed to forever in front of God, hajiman...na think it would be a special token of our honeymoon.  Juseyo?"

He brought her into his embrace, "when sarang asks so sweetly, how can I say no?"

 - "Gomawo, sarang," she squeezed him as hard as she could and he squeezed her back until she cried for mercy.


April 12, 2015

Church services at the famous ark shaped church thankfully were translated into English via an interpreter.  They greeted the Pastor, letting him know they were on their honeymoon and to pray for them as they begin their daily married life routine soon.  It had been a nice service and everyone was very nice as many were foreigners just like they were.

Changing into more comfortable clothes they headed out to Jeju city and Yongdaum Bridge.  Purchasing a picnic lunch, they sat at the pool to enjoy it, surrounded by cliffs and you could see the dragon-shaped rock.  Ilana let herself lay on one of the large rocks.  "Sarang, I think I'm in love with Jeju.  Na can set up our Seoul office here in Jeju City or Seogwipo.  What do you think?"

 - "Arraso, should we move Harabeoji's clinic too?  And the foundation."  They had agreed she would set up office near the foundation or Harabeoji's clinic.

Ilana stuck her tongue out at him.  He pulled her up from her flat position and kissed her, to which she eagerly responded.

After lunch, they explored the area surrounding the dragon rock and finally bought a lock to hang on the Bridge.   "Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, April 12, 2015, J & I forever," Jihoo read his inscription.  "Haengbokhae (happy)?"

 - "Nomu!"  She stood on her toes and sealed their moment with a kiss.  "Gomawo, Sarang."

 - "Anieyo.  Kaja, we'll eat dinner in the area and watch the sunset behind the rock, arraso?"

 - "Arraso!"

 - "Tomorrow, we'll get up early and watch the sunrise," he said kissing her again.  "It will be our last Morning on Jeju and technically our honeymoon."

Ilana felt herself blushing and that was the perfect excuse for Jihoo to kiss her again."

 - "This husband of mine," she laughed.  There was no hope for it; she was absolutely hopelessly in love.


April 13, 2015

Ilana felt sad, leaving their hotel room.  Sad and a little tired.  They were awake at five fifteen, setting two alarms to make sure they didn't miss their last Jeju sun.  Drinking tea on their deck they watched the beautiful morning begin.  It was said the clouds of the Island gave it its magnificent sunrises and sunsets.  But Ilana preferred to believe they were a gift from God.  If not exclusively for them buy maybe for all the honeymooners that came to the Island.  If they could just see through the beautiful scenery God's blessing on their marriage.

Once the sun was fully awake, so was Jihoo.  He carried his wife back to bed.  They needed to leave for the airport by nine-thirty, it was only six.  He used their last few solitary moments to make love to his wife.  Commemorating this special time of getting to know each other in a more intimate nature.

When they arrived in Seoul, they'd be teased unmercifully by the F4 family.  They spent as much time as possible with Harabeoji and some with the F4 family.  They got to visit with Maknae and thought it best to give YoungSaeng his time back.  She was grateful he had been at the wedding and though it was hard for him, she'd always cherish her favorite Oppa.  They dedicated one full day to their businesses and then it was back on an airplane to Los Angeles.

  - "If I never get on another airplane in the rest of my life, na won't be disappointed," she told Jihoo on the way back home to Los Angeles.

He laughed, "saranghae anae."  He knew as he was sure she did too, that she would be flying more from this point forward than she had her entire life.

 


I could've split this up into two chapters and touched on their few days in Seoul, but I didn't want to add yet another chapter!  Busy honeymoon for our newlyweds.  Talk about frequent flyer miles and Ilana wanted to go to Busan too!  Thank you Jihoo Uissa for talking her out of it.

We are now days away from 2018, this is probably the last re-edit for the year.  A thank you to everyone who has traveled with Ilana on her journey.  Our boy will be starting off busy in 2018 with 2 fan signing events in January and 3 concerts in February.  Maybe I'll meet some of you in Mexico, others hoping some day, some concert.  Praying more good things to come for Henecia as the clouds of darkness dissipate even more in 2018.