Hospital.

Not So Forceful Marriage.

Author's POV

Jungah got Hyorin and herself plane tickets, the earliest time available was 9am. 

Hyorin arrived to Jungah's around 1am and Jungah explained what has happened and luckily Hyorin wasn't drunk so she understood the situation and got her things ready to leave in a few hours.

-

The plane ride was quiet. Jungah couldn't stay awake any longer since she didn't sleep at all while at home and Hyorin was also sleeping since she didn't get much sleep because she was worried not only for Jungah but for Mr. Kim as well.

When the plane landed they quickly as fast as they could went through everything and got their bags and called for a taxi. They quickly put their bags in the trunk and got inside the car and Jungah having got the information about what hospital her father was at from her sister last night told the driver where to go. 

Finally arriving to the hospital they get their stuff and entered the hospital. Jungah checks her phone and reads what her sister sent about which area and room they were in.

Now both women were outside Mr. Kim's room, "I'll stay out here" Hyorin said, "You sure?" Jungah asked and the younger nods her head.

Jungah leaves her bag with Hyorin and knocks on the door once before opening it. She closes the door moving one hand behind her while staring around the room. Her sister and Dambi were on the couch just staring into nothing and her father was in the bed sleeping with wires connecting from him to different machines.

Uee once seeing her sister gets up and Jungah meets her in the middle of the room. They embrace each other hugging tightly not saying anything for a few minutes.

The older sister breaks the hug and looks to their sleeping father, "Did they tell you anything?" she asked, "Only that he will recover. The doctor also said he is under strict orders not to say anything until dad is awake" Uee explained.

"At least he's ok" Jungah said while walking to the side of her fathers bed.

-

All day neither sisters left the hopsital. Dambi and Hyorin took her and Jungah's bags to Jungah's place then went to get food for everyone. When they returned all the girls ate.

It was now evening. Jungah and Hyorin were sitting in the waiting room. Dambi rushes to them, "Your dad is awake" she said.

The girls get back to Mr. Kim's room. A doctor was checking him as the girls came into the room. Mr Kim notices all three girls enter. Jungah goes to stand by her sister who was on the other side of their father while Dambi and Hyorin stayed near the corner of the room.

"How is he?" Jungah spoke up as the doctor was writing on his clipboard, "Everything seems to be fine except for.." the doctor stops talking, "For what?" Jungah asked. The doctor looks down at Mr. Kim, "Go ahead" he said.

"Your fathers lung are slowly shutting down due to his cancer" the doctor looks to Mr. Kim, "Truthfully you'll be lucky if you make it into the new year."

All the girls are shocked trying to process what they've just heard, "Thank you for keeping me alive this long doc" Mr. Kim said with a small smile, "All be back in a few hours" the doctor said before leaving the room.

Once he was gone Uee speaks, "You have cancer?" she asked with tears running down her face.

Mr. Kim looks at both his daughters studying both their faces, "Yes" he said, "Were you ever going to tell us?" Jungah asked with a blank face as was starting to hurt as she tried to keep tears from forming but deep inside she was slowly breaking down. Their mother was already dead now their father was dying. 

"I was planning on telling you when I was suppose to come to Japan to meet you" her father said and she didn't say anything for a moment, "I need to go get some air" she said showing no emotion and she leaves the room. 

"Maybe I should go keep an eye on her" Hyorin finally spoke, "Dambi would you go with her I would like to speak with my daughter alone please" Mr. Kim said and Dambi follows Hyorin out the room. 

"What is it?" Uee asked her father.

Hyorin's POV

Dambi and I walked to the waiting room. Since we are in a private area of the hospital there was only two other people. One was a man sleeping and the other was Jungah, she was sitting in a chair staring at the ground. She didn't look like her self, it looked like the life was drained out of her. She had no tears but you could tell she was very sad and hurt.

We both watched her for a minute, "Why don't you go talk to her?" I nudged Dambi, "Uh why don't you go talk to her instead?" she asked back, "But you're pretty much her sister" I replied, "But you're pretty much her wife" she cameback with.

Well she got me there, "Fine I'll go." 

I slowly walk over to Jungah and sit beside her. She didn't move an inch and I didn't say anything. I look for Dambi and she was sitting across the room from us. 

Not knowing what to say I just glance around the room. After a few minutes of silence I feel Jungah's hand touch my hand and interlock our fingers. I was surprised so I turned my head to face her and she just looking straight ahead, "You know.." she finally speaks, "Now I think I know why our fathers were pushing this marriage" her voice was becoming shakey. I gripped her hand a little tighter, "Me too" I said kinda in a whisper and she didn't say anything back so I spoke again, "Like I said before whatever you want to do I'm ok with it" then I kissed her hand.

Some minutes go by and all of a sudden Jungah lets go of my hand to stand up. I look around and see Uee walking towards us, "Dad wants to see you" Uee said to Jungah.

Jungah's POV

As I'm walking to my fathers room I feel my eyes start to fill up with tears and my throat starts to hurt again. I get to his door and open it.

Closing the door behind I walk over and stand at the foot of the bed. We stare at each other a moment and I start to break, a tear starts to roll down my cheek but I didn't move. 

"I'm not dead yet so save the tears for another day" my father finally spoke with a half serious half joking tone and I wipe my tears.

"When you leave this hospital and I'm telling you to leave after we talk" he started, "No one else is to know of this and you continue getting everyone ready for the big tour" he paused, "You are the future of both companies and up to now you've handle everything both Mr. Kim and I have gave you to do. You're strong Jungah I know you can handle this also." 

I don't know if I can though.. 

"I'm not gonna be around forever anyway you know that" he said, "You're not gonna be around as long as I hoped you would be either" I said my eyes becoming blurry filling with tears again.

He sighs, "You and me both kid" I wipe my tears again before speaking, "You better live long enough to attend my wedding in October" I stated and waited for his reaction.

For the first time in years I seen my father start to tear up himself. He smiles at me, "I wouldn't miss it" he said and I nod my head.

"I love you" I said, "I love you" he replied then I left his room.

Author's POV

Even though Jungah and her father didn't share any type of physical contact those words I love you mean more to them than anything else. Ever since Jungah and here father moved to Japan when she barely a teenager their relationship changed into a professional work type but there were real affectionate moments at times but this wasn't the time for that affection just yet. 

With each step Jungah made back to the waiting room she was breaking and wouldn't be able to keep it in much longer, she needed to get away from here fast.

When Jungah got to the waiting room an seen her sister she stopped walking and broke down right there slumping to the floor, landing on her knees. She couldn't hold it seeing her sister knowing that their father won't be around for her future but more so Uee's future. 

She was silently crying and her sister rushes over to embrace her. Hyorin could only painfully watch as her fiance broke down and there was nothing she could do that could change this situation so that Mr. Kim wouldn't die when ever that time may come.

Dambi watched her bestfriend and lover cry together. She hasn't seen neither of them like this since their mother died. 

The sisters finally calmed down and both Dambi and Hyorin pulled them from the ground. Dambi helpled Uee walk to the elevator while Hyorin helped Jungah, they followed behind. 

-

Hyorin and Jungah were getting out of the Uee's car when they arrived to Jungah's apartment building. Dambi rolled down her window, "Take care of her" she said to Hyorin who was closing the car door, "Same to you" she said showing a small smile which Dambi returned before rolling up the window and Hyorin quickly walked over to Jungah who was already walking towards the building.

 


sobs I know sad chapter but remember Jungah did make a important decision.