Second Thoughts

Everything But Normal

 

 

 

Steph crinkled up her eyes as the rays of sunlight hit her face. She could hear murmured voices around her. she figured the voices belonged to her friends. When she opened her eyes Su was sleeping with his head resting on Yunho's lap. Both of them were on the couch diagonal from her.

"Your awake," Min brushed off some of the hair one her face. She smiled. 

"Yeah. Sleeping Beauty couldn't stay asleep forever." Micky walked into the room with a cup of water.

"thanks," Steph took the cup. Which became empty in a matter of seconds. She realized how parched she was the second the water touched her lips.

"thirsty?" Min chuckled. "Kinda hungry too," she grinned back.

"What are we, your servants?" "Something like that," she smirked cheekily at Micky.

With a roll of his eyes Micky led Jae to the kitchen so they could make something good to eat. In the meantime Steph made some room for Min to sit down. When he did she snuggled up to him.

"So what'd i miss?" she looked up at him.

"Not much," he replied. "We haven't left the cabin since i brought you here."

Steph flicked Min's forhead. "what was that for?" he demanded in confusion as he rubbed the offending flicked spot.

"for worrying to much. Come on." she grabbed his arm as she got off the couch.

"Where are we going?" Min pretended to resist. "I thought you were hungry."

"Not anymore," she singsonged while reaching for the doorknob.

"Not so fast," Su's voice combined with the vines appearing through the lock stopped Steph in her tracks. "Hey Su." she turned around slowly with a smile on her face.

"Go back to the couch," he ordered. "oh, come on." she whined. "Now." he pointed.

Huffing she made her way back to the couch with Min on her trail. When she passed Su she called him a jerk and a dictator.

"This is weird," Yunho commented. 

"i agree." Min looked between the Kim siblings.

"Usually Steph's the responsible one," "An d Su's the one who's unreasonable." Min finished for Yunho.

"This is known to happen," Micky came back into the room with a bowl of fruit. "Su and Steph switch roles but its pretty rare.

"Do you remember anything?" Yunho asked Steph expectantly as he changed the subject. Steph looked at them all with a small smile. She shook her head no. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Micky ruffled her hair. She tried to smack his hand away but was to slow. He'd managed to move his hand away before she could touch him.

"So where's my food," she asked smiling at Micky. "right here," Jae walked into the room with a tray full of food and fruit.

"thanks," she grabbed the plate and began eating.

"i thought you weren't hungry," Min chuckled. 

"it came back," she continued eating. It was quiet as she ate so she looked up and saw all the boys staring at her. "You want some. "she offered.

"Not eating for a day really has you starving," Su said with a raised eyebrow.

"i wouldn't be able to survive that," Min plucked a slice of orange and stuck it in his mouth.

"yeah," Yunho agreed with a chuckle. "You'd probably eat while sleeping."

Everyone laughed.

"So after this can i go outside?" Steph looked towards the door.

"Don't you need to tale it easy?" Jae asked.

"Dude, I've been sleeping for twenty-four hours," she replied. "I think I've taken it easy enough."

"We could go practice," Su suggested. "we need it for later."

Steph looked at them. "What's going on later? What'd i miss?"

"There's this competition," Min explained. "Happens every year."

"We're always in it," Yunho supplied. "We usually win."

"Ok," she looked at them. "So what's the big deal?"

"They're participating," Micky answered looking out the window towards the direction of the lake. "We'll be competing against them."

"Why?" Everyone turned to look at her. "What?" she chuckled nervously.

"Its a battle," Jae said, obviously.

"This time it'll be different," Min explained.

"How?" she asked him.

"They'll be watching the six of you," Yunho surmised. "To prove once and for all who deserves to be the children of the gods."

"Does it even matter," Steph crossed her arms. "I don't understand why we have to fight each other to prove something like that. Let's just go get a freaking DNA test or whatever."

"Even though your right," Yunho looked sad. "It doesn't work that way."

"How come?" Su asked. Usually DNA test worked to link a child and their parent.

"Our blood is different from that of humans," Min elaborated. "The DNA the wouldn't work."

"Why are you so against this all of a sudden?" Micky wondered.

Steph shifted in her seat. "It's not that." she looked away. then continued. "the fighting is just getting on my nerves. We should be protecting the items not fighting needless battles."

"That's already being taken care of," Jae assured her. "My father has placed them somewhere no one will be able to get them."

"I hope your right," Steph muttered. "Anyway. Enough of this. Let's go practice and stuff."

They agreed with a nod. As they walked towards the training grounds Micky and Su looked at Steph. She was acting a little strange earlier. They wondered if something had happened to her while she was stuck in her mind. Min and Steph talked about the things they could do to train. They even joked about going against each other in the competition. She promised him that she'd go easy on him so he didn't have to worry. Min shook his head and laughed at the idea.

 

~*~

 

"Where's Kim Bum?" Luna walked into the living room and found that Sungmin was the only one sitting down on the couch.

"He left," he stated. Not taking his gaze away from the book he was currently reading. He'd started reading the series the day before and he was currently in the middle of the fourth book.

"Why'd you let him leave," Luna glared. Her glare was ignored by Sungmin since he wasn't even looking at her. Stomping on the ground she neared him and yanked the book out of his grasp.

"Dude," he exclaimed. "I'm reading that."

"Well now your not," she threw the book against the far corner. "Let's go look for Kim Bum."

"Leave him alone," he told her. "Stop breathing down his neck."

"Are you serious?" she grumbled.

"Yeah," he said. "Stop bugging him."

"I'm not doing that," she growled. "Am I the only one who thinks here. We need to get the items for the Parks. We need to train for the competition. We need to Do something productive!"

"Calm down," Sungmin covered his ears. "You don't have to yell. Let's go."

Grabbing his jacket off the couch he got up and put it on. Then he went towards the door and motioned for Luna to follow him. With a sigh of exasperation and annoyance she complied and followed him. Stepping outside to the bright sunlight they saw Min and his companions on their way towards the training grounds.

Luna looked at them in annoyance. "Let's find Kim Bum fast." she turned around and walked the other way.

They first looked at the places surrounded or near water. Figuring that Kim Bum might want to be around water they thought it would be a good place to start. Unfortunately, to their bad luck they didn't find him anywhere they looked. Sungmin sat down to take a rest. Luna was about to tell him to stand up but decided against it. She was pretty tired herself. Besides it wasn't like Kim Bum would leave so they'd find him eventually.

 

~*~

 

Meanwhile, Kim Bum was enjoying the silence of the forest. Earlier when he left the cabin after being unconscious for so long he craved to be near the water. But instead he found a trail leading somewhere else when he was on his way to the lake. Figuring that the lake wouldn't go anywhere he decided to check the trail out. He was glad that he did. Since the trail looked like no one really used it often he figured he could be alone here for a while. Right now he wasn't in the mood to listen to anyone or to be around them. His thoughts were all jumbled up and he needed time to think. He wouldn't be able to do that with Luna complaining and Sungmin asking him unnecessary questions.

"Worried about something?" Kim Bum jumped. He turned to look at the person who'd startled him. Poseidon was standing right there looking calm.

"What's it to you?" Kim Bum scoffed. The gods weren't on his good list. He actually disliked them, but probably not as much as other people believed he did.

Poseidon smiled. "Your quite strong willed." he observed. "Not a big fan of us, huh?"

"Isn't it obvious," he rolled his eyes.

It was a stupid assumption. What was even more stupid was in Kim Bum's eyes was the fact that they had so easily allowed him and his friends to enter their camp. They knew that they worked for the gods. Yeah, they might actually want to know who their children were. But the fact that they so easily accepted that Luna or Sungmin were their children was disappointing. How could they believe one moment with all their hearts that Steph and Su were their children and the moment they heard differently they had doubts. If they truly believed that they were their children they shouldn't have doubted one bit. This just proves that the gods are shallow and only after their own interests.

"Shouldn't you be stalking your son?" Kim Bum asked annoyed that Poseidon was disrupting his peace.

He chuckled. "He's training with his friends at the moment."

"Oh, so you decided to take pity on the orphan an come talk to him," Kim Bum started sarcastically.

Poseidon's smile disappeared. It was replaced by a grim line. "Do you think of us as so low as to treat you that way?"

Kim Bum stared at Poseidon. He wasn't sure if he was really sad or if he was faking. Ever since he was young he learned not to trust in adults. They never cared about you. To them it was just pretend when they helped you. However, to the ones they helped it meant something. When Luna, Sungmin and him were taken in by the Parks he actually believed that they were saved. He thought that they would be taken care of like every other kid with parents. But it didn't turn out like that at all. instead of being pampered like Micky or Su or even Steph they were shunned and abused.

They trained while the others played in parks. When Micky was learning how to swim, Kim Bum was training to be able to destroy a piece of wood with water while he was floating in it. While Su played in the garden Sungmin was placed in a green house where he needed to use the plants to protect himself from his attackers. Luna was trying to cut objects with wind while Steph flew her kite.

Adults were always after their best interests. To the Parks and the Kims Sungmin, Luna and Kim Bum were war objects that needed to be trained in order to defeat the gods. One of which was standing a few feet away from Kim Bum.

"Look," Poseidon said. "i never wanted to disturb you." He began to turn away. as he walked he called out one last time. "Remember that you don't have you don't have to do things that you don't want to. Listen to your heart. It's usually always right."

With that he disappeared leaving Kim Bum to ponder his words. They rang in his head making him go back to when he was unconscious. Steph had told him the same thing while they were in there. He knew they were right but he had a responsibility. Not to the Kims or the Parks but to Luna and Sungmin. He would only seize to follow orders if they were both up to speed. Not matter was those memories or dreams Steph and i experienced would change his feelings. Luna and Sungmin were family. They protected each other and cared for each other when no one else did. He needed to remember that before anything else.

Hiding from me, Steph's voice resonated through his mind.

"What the hell," he looked around.

I'm not where your at, dufus, she giggled.

"Where are you?" he asked aloud.

Um...are you ignoring me? she asked him.

I guess she can't hear me, he thought.

Oh, there you are, she said. I thought you were ignoring me.

"I asked where you were," he rolled his eyes even though she couldn't see him. Or could she. He looked around expecting to see her but saw no one. All he could see where the trees and the small creek that glistened with water that he found.

Dude your gone again, her voiced sounded irritated. If you want to communicate with me you have to think everything. That's how I'm talking to you. So if you were asking me question, aloud, then i couldn't hear anything.

Oh, he thought.

Better, her voice returned to being cheerful.

So where are you?

At the training grounds with my friends. Your arrived here like ten minutes ago.

Kim Bum grinned. So Luna did manage to drag Sungmin there.

Yeah, she laughed.  Why aren't you here?

Had better things to do.

Right, Steph's voice sounded sarcastic.  Did you go for a swim.

No, I'm somewhere more secluded.

Like where?  she asked in curiosity.

None of your business, he told her.

Hmm...how mysterious. Maybe i should go look for you. The closer I get to you the clearer I can hear your voice or thoughts or whatever. she said.

Don't!  he yelled before he could stop himself. Sighing he continued. I want to be alone. If you start searching for me than i'll stop talking to you.

So you do hate me, steph's words were a whisper.

I don't. He grimaced. Look if you win in the competition all tell you..no i'll show you this place. then we can meet here whenever you want.

Like the whole thing? she asked him.

Kim Bum thought for a while. Then he told her that she had to survive longer than him.

Alright, I accept your challenge. Later.  she said goodbye.

"what the hell did I do?" Kim Bum chastised himself when his head was clear of her voice. "Oh, well. There's no way she'll go longer than me."

He went back to staring at the creek. Sitting down he put his hand in the water and moved it around. Sometimes it was nice to move it without using his power.



 

Hey everyone. How has everyone been, i hope great. I also hope that you liked reading this chapter. Things are getting complicated here. What do you guys think. Will Kim Bum change his mind about helping Micky's parents? Will Steph win the challenge? Luna or Steph? Which one is Athena's daughter and Kim Bum's sister? What about Su and Sungmin, which one of them is the son of Aphrodite? All this questions will be answered in chapters to come. So keep reading to find out what happens next. ^~^