Surroundings

Everything But Normal

 

Steph, Micky and Su had only been there for two days and they were really happy that they had chosen to come. Even though the camp was weird since everyone here seemed to think they were somehow related to the Greek Gods it was still a fun place to be. The three of them enjoyed their time, they went swimming in the beautiful lake and they also got the chance to practice archery like Steph wanted. Another good thing was that after the first day Jae, Yuhno and Changmin left them alone just like they were told.

“Where’s Micky?” Steph asked Su when she neared him.

“I don’t know he said he was going to get something to drink but he hasn’t come back,” Su looked worried, it wasn’t really like Micky to disappear.

“Let’s go look for him,” Steph suggested.

They walked around looking for Micky but couldn’t find him. After a bit Steph decided to walk towards the fighting arena for no apparent reason, it wasn’t like Micky would be fighting. She was dead wrong though. When Su and Steph reached the fighting ground they saw Micky fighting against Jae.

Steph smacked herself on the head. “Stupid.” She muttered.

“It looks like that guy is winning,” Su commented as he noticed that Micky seemed to have more bruises and wounds than Jae.

“Jae do the B formation,” Changmin called.

“Isn’t that cheating?” Steph asked.

She wasn’t really expecting an answer but she got one anyway. “No.”

“How is that not cheating?” Steph motioned to Changmin who had given Jae another order.

“If you have a strategist that person can help you in a fight,” the guy replied.

“So if I told Micky to do something he won’t get disqualified or whatever?” she wanted to make sure.

“He won’t get disqualified,” the guy agreed.

“Micky, duck now!” Steph yelled at him as Jae made his move. Micky ducked and managed to ruin Jae’s momentum for a little bit.

While everyone looked at Micky in amazement since he had managed to dodge Changmin looked at Steph since she was the one who had told Micky to duck. Steph lifted her gaze a little and caught Changmin’s gaze she smirked at him making him turn away.

For the next few minutes every time Jae tried to hit Micky he would miss because Micky would dodge every blow. Jae was becoming frustrated and so was Min because there was no possible way Micky could dodge everything without getting a scratch especially since Steph hadn’t told him what to do again.

What the hell is going on? Changmin wondered as he stared between Micky and Steph. How is he dodging everything?

Micky he’s going to try to hit you from the left. Dodge and then attack him while his balance wavers, Steph sent to Micky telepathically. Being a telepath did come in handy sometimes.

Micky did as he was told and managed to finally hit Jae, everyone in the crowd gasped at the shock. Ten minutes later the battle was over with Micky as the winner.

He came rushing and hugged Su and Steph. “I won!”

“We noticed,” Steph said. “Now let us go your crushing us.” This only made him squeeze even more.

“Let go before I die,” Su squirmed trying to get free.

Micky laughed as he let his friends go. “So now what?”

“Let’s go celebrate your victory,” Steph suggested.

“Yeah let’s do that,” Su agreed enthusiastically.

“Let’s go then,” Micky smiled at his best friends, the three of them headed off to find something good to do as a celebration.

~~~

“I think Jae spent too much time with your father growing up,” Yuhno told Min as they watched Jae pace in an enraged manner.

“I think your right,” Min replied back.

“I don’t ing understand how I lost,” Jae yelled at his two friends.

“Trust me we don’t know either,” Min said. It’s all Min could think of actually, the fact that Jae lost to someone who had never been trained as a warrior was shocking. It also bruised Min’s ego because even though he wasn’t the one who fought he was the strategist the one telling Jae what to do.

“Maybe it was that chick,” Yuhno said.

“What do you mean?” Jae asked in a slightly calm voice.

“Well after she told him what to do the first time he started winning,” he explained.

“That doesn’t make sense,” Min disagreed. “She wasn’t even talking to him during the match except for that first time.”

Yuhno smirked noticing the way Min said that. “Maybe but we don’t know that much about them. They could have some hidden way of communicating without anybody listening.”

“Even if your right that fist time was just pure luck,” Min said in disdain.

“You just don’t want to admit that someone actually beat you in your own game,” Yuhno teased.

Min glared at him but didn’t say anything because it was true after all he was the smartest person here. Being the son of the god Ares made him a warrior and strategist, the best one besides his father and the goddess Athena. There was no way a girl who had no knowledge of their world and didn’t even know which god was her parent could outsmart him.

“We need to keep a better eye on those three,” Jae spoke. “I want to know who they are and figure out which god they descend from.”

“Whatever this could be fun,” Yuhno got up. “I’ll take the guy with the nice .”

Min rolled his eyes. “No matter what you try I don’t think you’ll get him to sleep with you.”

Yuhno frowned, “It’s no fun when you say things like that.” Then his smile came back. “Besides I like a challenge and I figured you and Jae already took your claims.”

“What do you mean?” they asked him.

“Min you want to know if that chick is smarter than you while Jae wants to feel the pretty boy he fought with earlier,” Yuhno smirked at them.

“I don’t want to feel him,” Jae glared at him.

“Sure, sure keep telling yourself that,” Yuhno gave a wave of his hand and walked away.

“I don’t,” he said again looking at Min this time.

“I believe you,” Min replied as he left knowing that what he had just said was a complete lie. He noticed how Jae looked at Micky the first time he saw him like he wanted to see what was underneath his clothes. But if Jae wanted to believe that he wasn’t interested who was Min to tell him otherwise besides right now all he cared about was how the hell Steph knew to tell Micky to duck at that time.

As he walked and thought about it he didn’t notice that a boy was in his path. They both feel to the floor when they collided the kid dropped all the stuff he was holding.

“I am so sorry,” he apologized.

“It’s ok,” Min waved off the kid’s apology knowing that it was his fault for not watching where he was going. “You alright?” he asked the kid but the boy wasn’t even listening instead he was looking at his bow to make sure that it wasn’t broken.

“Thank god it’s not broken,” the boy gave a sigh of relief.

“If it had broken I would have gotten you another one or fixed it for you if you wanted,” Min looked at the boy.

 “No its ok I could have just asked the girl to fix it like this morning…” The boy looked at him finally realizing who he was talking too.

“Who fixed your bow?” Min asked.

“Um I’d never seen her before but she was with the boy who defeated Jae earlier in the match,” the kid said. “She was really nice and made it better.”

“Let me see it,” Min demanded wanting to know what was so great. The boy handed over his bow reluctantly and Min began to look at it. As he looked at it he noticed the differences of this bow from the others immediately.

“Um can I have my bow back I was supposed to me Minho two minutes ago?” the boy asked.

“Sure, here,” Min handed the kids bow back.

A strategist and a craftsmen, Min thought. Could she be…no there is no way it’s just a coincidence.

~~~

“Cheers to Steph,” Micky toast.

“You’re the one who won remember,” Steph reminded.

“But if it wasn’t for you I would have lost,” he said.

“He’s right,” Su agreed and Micky smacked him on the head.

“What was that for?” he asked as he rubbed his head.

“For agreeing to quickly it’s like you’re saying I’m incompetent,” Micky mock glared.

“But you are,” Su teased and dodged Micky’s next attack.

Steph laughed as Micky tried to hit Su again but missed as he hid behind Steph.

“That’s cheating,” Micky cried.

“Your just jealous cuz you don’t have an awesome sister to hide behind,” Su stuck his tongue out at Micky.

“Children please behave we’re in public,” Steph pretended to reprimand them.

“Sorry mom,” Su and Micky played along, a few seconds later the three ended in hysterics.

“I’m glad the three of you are having fun,” a voice said, the three stopped laughing and looked at the person who had just talked.

“Um thanks,” Su said unsurely.

“Continue I didn’t mean to make you stop,” she said.

“Sorry but who are you?” Steph asked looking at the chick in front of them.

“Oh sorry my name is Allure and I’m a counselor here,” she smiled at the three.

“We we’re told we didn’t have to talk to a counselor if we didn’t feel like it,” Micky commented and Steph kicked him under the table since he was being rude, he glared at her.

Allure chuckled. “That’s true.”

“Um why are you here?” Steph asked politely.

“Well I wanted to make sure that the three of you were adjusting and to see if you had any questions,” she replied with a bright blinding smile.

“Ok here’s a question for you,” Su replied. “Why do the people here think that they are the sons and daughters of the Greek gods and goddesses we learned about in one of our history classes?” this was something the three of them were wondering greatly about.

“That’s simple it’s because we are,” she said.

“Bull,” the three of them said in unison.

“Why is that so hard to believe?” she asked them.

“Cuz they don’t exist,” Steph replied obviously.

“But they do,” she said. “It’s because of them that we all have to power that we do. The three of you are also children of one of the gods or else you wouldn’t be able to step foot into this camp.”

“We aren’t related to the gods,” Micky scoffed.

“Where else do you think you got your powers than if it wasn’t from them?” she asked them.

“Don’t know but it was definitely not from a god or goddess,” Su answered.

“Why not?” Allure wondered why they didn’t believe her yet.

“Because if that were true we would have known about this place by now,” Steph replied. “Also we would know who we belong to but we don’t. If that’s not enough than I dare you to tell us which god we originated from.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t know,” she replied.

“There you have it,” with that the three of them left the poor woman wondering how in the world she was going to make them believe without actually showing them a real god or goddess.


Well here was the next chapter. What did you think? Are you happy that I updated sooner this time? Lol the next update might be in two days since I’ll be working on my other fic but don’t fret it will get to you. ^_^