The Challenge

Everything But Normal

 

 “Everyone in the camp we would like to inform you that the challenge is about to begin,” the voice on the loud speaker informed everyone.

“What challenge?” Su asked.

“I think it’s that maze challenge everyone has been talking about for the past two days,” Steph replied not really paying attention.

“Everyone whose participating in the event please make your way to the east side where the maze is at,” the voice continued.

“Told you,” Steph smiled sheepishly.

“Whatever,” Su rolled his eyes and began to have a small conversation with Micky, one his sister wasn’t a part of.

Teenagers of all ages passed them trying to get to the east side of the camp. Steph just stared at them as they passed not really looking at anyone so it came as a surprise when someone appeared right in front of her.

“Can I help you?” she focused her vision on the person in front of her and saw Min. His friends were behind him looking at Su and Micky.

“Not going to participate?” he inquired.

“Not really,” she replied.

“Scared?” he taunted.

“Do I look scared to you,” she looked at him with a stare that could freeze the underworld.

Min was caught speechless as he recognized that look. Athena used to use it a lot when she was mad and tried to intimidate people.

“Prove it,” Jae challenged.

“How?” Micky asked.

“The maze of course,” Jae smirked.

“Whatever,” Micky replied looking away.

“So you are scared,” Jae stated again.

The three of them looked at the annoying people in front of them and got up from their seats. They began to walk towards the east of camp. Jae, Min and Yuhno looked at their receding backs with smiles of satisfaction on their faces.

Idiots, Steph sent to Micky and Su.

Stupid idiots, Su replied back.

Should we have fun while we’re there? Micky asked them.

Why not, Steph shrugged.

“Do we have some late entering challengers?” someone asked Micky, Su and Steph as they got to the maze, they just nodded their heads as an answer.

“Ok then the rules are simple,” the announcer began. “Try getting out of the maze with a chalice full of water from the fountain in the middle of the maze. The winner will get the chance to have something they want granted.”

“That’s the prize,” Steph lifted and eyebrow.

“Could be better,” Micky agreed and Su nodded.

“Let the race begin,” the announcer said. All the participants were inside the maze in a blink of the eye.

“That’s a cool trick,” Micky whistled.

“It sure is,” Su looked at their surroundings.

“So what do we do oh so great strategist?” Micky asked Steph.

“Can you feel the water in the fountain?” she asked him.

He concentrated for a little before opening his eyes and nodding his head.

“Good,” she exclaimed. “Now lift Su up so he could see where the chalice we need to find is being held.”

Micky listened and picked Su up on his shoulders. Steph made sure to keep them steady so her brother wouldn’t fall and hurt himself.

“Wow,” Su stared wide eyed at the chalice that was a couple feet away suspended in the air. “Hmm it looks like we have a lot of room to cover in order to get to the chalice.”

“Or not,” Steph handed Su a bow and arrow.

“Umm…what do I do with this?” he questioned looking at the two objects in his hands.

“Shoot it duh,” she replied. “I made it out of some stuff in the bag they gave us. Use your earth power to control it or wind depending on what you want so it can go through one of the openings so we can just pull it to use and head to the fountain.”

The light bulb in Su’s head lit up figuring out what his sister was talking about. He got on top of Micky’s shoulders again and aimed the arrow at the opening in the chalice.

“Will you hurry up,” Micky called from below. “You’re not that light you know.”

“Are you calling me fat?” Su shrieked offended.

“No just hurry your up,” he shouted, beads of sweat forming on his brow.

Su took aim again and shot the arrow, as it flew he controlled it with wind. His earth power wouldn’t really help much opposed to wind. A few minutes later the two of them were following Micky to the fountain with the chalice riding inside of the bag that had been given to them.

~~~

Min watched everything with an annoyed look in his eyes. He couldn’t believe what was happening before his eyes. Being so lost in his rambling thoughts he didn’t notice a figure coming closer to him until said figure was next to him and talking.

“They’re pretty smart,” Athena complimented the three figures walking towards the fountain.

“Athena,” Min exclaimed. “When did you get here?”

“Just now,” she replied still looking at the figures in the maze. “Is this their first time doing the maze?”

“Yes,” Min replied with scorn. “It’s their first time here at camp too.”

“Oh,” was all she said. “They’re the kids we located a few days before the camp began.”

“How did you find them?” Min was really curious.

“Someone caught them doing something normal humans could never be able to do,” she informed him. “It was a surprise really to find kids who knew nothing of who they were.”

“Well it seems they’ve know about their powers for a long time now,” Min stared at the three figures who had successfully reached the fountain without any problems.

“Yes it seems like it doesn’t it,” Athena agreed. “Well it seems that they will be winning this challenge with a new record. I’m surprised anyone could best you Changmin.”

Min grumbled at her comment. He was the one who designed this challenge after Jae, Yuhno and he had won it years ago. There was no way anyone could get through the maze so quickly; he was starting to think that challenging them was not such a good idea. They seemed to be able to best them at anything which infuriated him without end. He knew that Jae and Yuhno were in the same state as him right now after all they weren’t used to losing to anyone, ever.

“I’d like to meet them,” Athena said. “It would be interesting.” With that she left the room.

Min would be lying if he said that he didn’t mind that one bit. He’s always been Athena’s favorite even though she wasn’t his mother. Athena taught him everything he knew since she had more knowledge and better patience than his father. If it wasn’t for her he would probably have as bad an attitude as his dad. No one could ever believe that he was actually Ares’s son instead of Athena’s since it seemed most likely that way.

If she were to meet Steph and see how smart she was, would she replace me? Min asked himself as he looked down at the maze.

~~~

“That was easy,” Su exclaimed when they were at the fountain.

“Yeah now all we have to do is get out of here with this thing full,” Steph said.

“I’ll take care of that,” Micky volunteered as he grabbed the chalice and placed it in the fountain. His eyebrows creased though when the water wouldn’t stay inside of it. “What the hell?”

“Use your powers Micky,” Steph informed him. “Everything seems to be about the powers.”

“Right,” he motioned towards the water and it flowed into the chalice without dripping out. Once the chalice was full he made sure it didn’t drip or move while they walked.

Steph led the way out of the maze. It didn’t take long for them to exit, once out they were greeted by cheers and surprised stares. They handed the announcer the chalice and were about to leave when a scream was heard coming from the maze.

“What was that?” someone in the crowd asked.

There was another scream and people were starting to panic.

“Everyone calm down,” the announcer said. “It’s probably part of the challenge.”

“Probably?” Micky repeated with a raised eyebrow.

“Steph what’s up?” Su looked at his sister who was staring into the maze with a hard expression on her face.

“Let’s go!” she shouted as she ran back into the maze. Su and Micky gave each other a quick look before following her inside.

The three of them came across a group of three people and they recognized one of them as being the boy who Steph had fixed his bow.

“Are you alright?” Steph asked him.

He looked at her and nodded.

“Were you the ones who screamed?” Micky asked and received another nod.

“There’s something over there, “Steph said. She looked at the three scared boys and noticed that one of them was bleeding. “Keep running that way turn left and then take a sharp right, after that take the third left and you’ll be out of them maze.” She instructed as Micky and Su pushed them to go.

“Get help!” Su yelled at them. “Now what?” he asked.

“We make sure that whatever is inside the maze doesn’t get out,” Steph ordered.

“Alright let’s go,” Micky shouted, his eyes shone of excitement.

They reached the clearing and their eyes opened wide.

“Holy ,” Su cursed looking at the creature in front of them.

“Is that a minotaur?” Steph asked in surprise.

The creature turned to them and glared.

“,” Micky backed up a little.

“No holding back,” Steph commanded. “We can’t let this thing get out of here and hurt anyone else.”

“I hope you have a plan,” Micky said. “I don’t feel like dying so young.”

“Don’t worry,” Steph grinned. “My plans are flawless.”


Ok so here’s the next update I hope you people liked it. Sorry for ending it here but what are you going to do lol ^^. Please don’t kill me for ending it here. Leave comments and stuff. The next update will be up soon I hope. Bye^_^