Looking Into The Past

Everything But Normal

 

 

The rays of the sun were hitting the water at just the right angle to make it shine beautifully. Not only that but it seemed to bounce off the water and create a small rainbow near other puddles of water. It seemed like something that define any sense of law or gravity. It could only be something that happened in a dream, inside someones head.

"You wish you could see this in the real world?" Steph looked over at Kum Bum.

She nodded. "I've actually seen something similar to this. It's what gave me the idea in the first place."

"Something Micky showed you," he guessed.

"you would think so," she smiled. "But no. It was actually something that you showed me."

"Oh, yeah," He grinned. "When was this?"

She gave one last look at the rainbow before their surroundings became completely white. Little by little a memory seemed to start manifesting.

The memory hit Kim Bum and Steph at the same time. Steph recognized the clearing instantly. She used to come here to play with Su and Micky. They could play tag and so many other games when they were younger. Looking closely at the image however, she couldn't place what was going on.

"If you hadn't guessed yet this is my memory," Kim Bum spoke as he stared. Any second now three figures were going to step out of the bushes.

Footsteps were heard coming from the bushes. A few seconds later three little figures stepped out. Two boys and a girl were there dressed in black. The little girl had a blue streak running down her hair and Steph realized that it was Luna when she was around six or seven years old. Since this was Luna than the other two boys with her must have been a younger Sungmin and Kim Bum.

"Hey, hey, hey," Sungmin poked Kim Bum then pointed at the cherry bush.

"You want one?" Kim Bum asked looking at the bush. Sungmin nodded his head in excitement.

Kim Bum walked towards the bush. He reached for a cherry but stopped and turned around when he heard crying. Luna was sprawled on the floor with tears running down her face. Sungmin rushed to her side and started wiping away her tears with his small hands.

"Luna you ok?" the little boy asked.

"What happened?" Kim Bum asked as he walked towards them.

"I..hiccup..i tripped and fell," she cried. Kim Bum looked down at her foot and noticed that she had a little scrape. He bent down and wiped it away with the sleeve of his shirt. "Better?" he asked her looking up.

Luna wiped away her tears with her arm since Sungmin had stopped. "Yeah."

"What are you doing?" a voice asked them.

The three children turned around to see Mrs. Park walking their way. "The three of you should be training."

"Sorry," Kim Bum apologized. "We'll get to it right away."

"Luna," she motioned for her to walk towards her.

Luna walked towards her tentatively and with her head down. When she reached her she looked up. Mrs. Park cupped her chin and squeezed a little so Luna couldn't move her face. "I want you to be stronger. Falling down and starting to cry is for weaklings. If this happens again you will be punished." She glared at the little girl. "Understood."

Luna managed to nod. Satisfied Mrs. Park let go of her face and with one last look at the three children she left. Luna rubbed her cheeks with care. She wanted to cry again but decided against it. Crying meant punishment so she shouldn't do it.

"What the hell!" Steph glared at Mrs. Park's retreating back. "How can she treat a little girl like that."

"There's no point for you to get angry," Kim Bum spoke. Steph's outburst kind of shocked him since she didn't get along with Luna.

"I know," she sighed. "This is a memory. But if I had been there I would have made sure that she was ok."

Kim Bum smiled. Steph was really clueless. There was no way she could have done anything. If she had gotten close to any of us she would have been dragged away. After all they tried to keep the two sets of children away from each other.

Kim Bum went back to looking at his past self. Even back then he knew he had to protect Luna and Sungmin. At that time he really hated the people who had raised them. He knew that this was no way to treat children. But he also knew that there was nothing he could do at the moment since he was to weak.

"Sungmin how are you doing?" the younger Kim Bum asked.

"I'm getting there," he replied. A couple minutes later he had a patch of new grass growing. "There." he smiled in satisfaction.

"Hey check me out," Luna called. The two boys turned to see that she was floating a little off the floor. She made herself move like she was flying. While she twirled around she laughed like the six year old she was. Her laughter died down though when she lost her focus and she fell on her . "Ow."

The two boys couldn't help but laugh at her. She turned to glare at them for a moment before she joined in. When Luna stopped giggling she used her wind power to toss some cherries at her friends. Sungmin retaliated by shooting them at her with some grass vines. While Kim Bum watched them have some fun Luna and Sungmin began to run into the trees. He wasn't worried though because it was something that they did often when they came here.

"Um who are you?" a voice asked him startling him.

Steph watched as a younger version of herself walked towards the young Kim Bum. When she turned to look at the present Kim Bum she noticed that he wasn't caught off guard by her presence. It seemed like he knew the second his friends disappeared she would come out.

"I come here all the time but I've never seen you before," little Steph answered the question present Steph had missed.

"You have a brother right?" young Kim Bum asked even though he already knew the answer to that question since he'd seen her with him a few months back.

Steph nodded. "He's not here though. My mom and dad took him to the doctor so I decided to come here and hang out."

"By yourself?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Well yeah," she smiled. "But since your here why don't we play together?"

"I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to play with you," Kim Bum replied.

"Why not?" she looked at him with confusion.

"It's part of the rules," was all he said to her.

"Well ignore them," she walked towards him and grabbed his arm so she could pull him up.

"What are you doing?" he tried to resist her pull but she wasn't letting go of his hand.

"Play with me," she managed to pull him up. "Let's go." Steph kept hold of Kim Bum's hand while she lead him away.

The memory spectators were about to move in order to follow when the image changed. Steph stared in horror as the younger version of herself held onto the small Kim Bum who was hanging over the ledge. It seemed that while they had been playing they had forgotten that there was a part where they shouldn't have been because it led to a cliff. A cliff that could kill children their age because at the bottom were very sharp rocks.

"Please don't let go," Steph cried. "I'll pull you up."

"You know your not strong enough," Kim Bum replied. "Why don't you just let go." It was best that she did. If she got hurt because of him then the Kim's would be very furious and so would the Parks. Then they would take out their anger on Luna and Sungmin because Kim Bum wouldn't be around to take the fault, like he always did when someone needed to be punished.

"Be quiet," Steph yelled. "I will help you. I'm not gonna let my new friend get hurt because of me."

Kum Bum scoffed. "Why are you taking the blame? You didn't push me down."

"But i forgot about the cliff," Steph tried pulling him up without avail. "i should have remembered."

"Still not your fault," he answered. For some strange reason he had the sense to make her feel better. It was like the feeling he had when he took care of Luna and Sungmin. A brotherly feeling to make her feel better. which was really strange since he knew that this girl trying to pull him up was going to be his enemy in the future.

Little Steph could feel that their grip was beginning to become loose. She wasn't strong enough to pull him up and there was no one around to help them. The only way she could save Kim Bum's life was if she used the wind. But she had made a promise with Micky and Su that no one would ever find out about what they learned they could do.

Kim Bum knew he was a goner. Luna wasn't there to help him with her wind and Sungmin wasn't there to use his vines to help him up. All he could really use at the moment was water and there was none around him. the creek was miles away from him so was any source of water for that matter. He closed his eyes for a second before he opened them quickly. He could feel the wind beginning to pull him up. looking around he thought he'd see Luna but there was no one there but him and Steph. It wasn't possible. But he could see that she was trying very hard to concentrate. Steph was definitely the one who was controlling the wind at a higher level than Luna.

"You ok?" Steph panted once Kim Bum was secure on the ground.

"Yeah," he whispered. "Thanks."

Steph smiled widely at him. "Any time."

Kim Bum could hear Luna and Sungmin calling him. "Well i have to go. Bye."

"i hope we see each other again," Steph called. Kim Bum waved good bye to her.

"We never really saw each other after that," Kim Bum commented as the memory faded away.

"I don't even remember this," Steph admitted.

"That's because you got hurt," Kim Bum said.

Steph looked at him critically. "what do you mean?"

Kim Bum sat down on the floor and Steph did the same. "A few weeks after that you hit your head and forgot that you had ever met me. I stayed away from you because i figured it could have been my fault for disobeying orders and hanging out with you."

"That's kind of stupid," Steph replied truthfully.

"Yeah i guess it was," he sighed. "But I don't think that was everything." It seemed like another memory was beginning to play.

The memory didn't last very long. When it was done both Kim Bum and Steph looked at each other in shock. the words they're siblings  kept repeating in their heads.



 

Alright so this was the second part of the double update for this fic. i will apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes and the works that is found while reading this. i will also apologize in advance just in case I don't update this fic in a while again. No promises but i will try and update sooner rather than later. Until the next update. ^_^