The Truth Hurts

Everything But Normal

"Hmph," Steph hummed as she stared at Athena's home.

"What's with the 'hmph'?" Min asked.

"Nothing," Steph replied. "This place just looks like I'd pictured it."

"Really?" Min raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," she nodded. "Lots of weapons, maps and things like that."

"Well Athena is a war goddess," he shrugged.

"I know," Steph agreed. "Makes me wonder how I'd turned out if I had been raised here."

"Being raised by Athena is a great honor," Min told her in a not so friendly tone.

"Chill out," she said. "I didn't mean anything by it."

"She isn't all wars and strategies," Min spoke. "She would have been a great mother to you if she'd had the chance."

"And on the side I'd become a powerful warrior," she added.

"Is learning how to defend yourself such a bad thing?" Min asked her. In Min's opinion having Athena as a mother would have been great.

"Fighting isn't really my thing," Steph admitted. "Fighting is only really worth it if you're defending your family and friends."

Min stared at Steph for a moment. He was sure that if Steph had been raised on Olympus from the start it wouldn't matter to her. This made him wonder whether he would like her if she had been raised here. There are so many things about her that could be different like her personality and attitude. He also wondered whether Athena would have paid any attention to him if she had been present. the answer was simple, Athena would pay more attention to Steph not him. Min wasn't really sure whether the kidnapping was a good or horrible thing anymore.

"Would you stop staring at me," Steph snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry," Min apologized with a blush. He hadn't realized how much he'd been staring at her.

"Its fine," She sighed since she was also blushing but trying not to show it. Being stared at kind of made her unconfortable and Min's intense stare made it worse. "So can I see the shield?"

"Yeah its over here," Min lead Steph into the weapons room. Hanging on the far wall were the shield and Ares's weapon which turned out to be a weird looking sword. It made one wonder how exaclty these items worked together to activate the scroll. Looking at both items Steph whistled.

"Why do you do that?" Min asked all of a sudden.

"Do what?" Steph inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Whistle when you see something amazing or whatever," he clarified. "Micky does it too."

Steph smiled. "Micky was the one who began to do it first. It got stuck in my head so now I do it too and so does Su."

The way she said that made Min churn. He knew he was jealous but he also knew that there was no reason for it. Steph's relationship with Micky and Su was like his relationship with Jae and Yuhno so there was no reason to be jealous at all. Besides it wasn't like they were dating or anything.

"Hey Min are you listening?" Steph waved her had in front of his face to get his attention.

"Um did you say something?" he asked her.

"Yeah I wanted to know if you hated me," she repeated.

Min looked at her shocked. Why in the world would she ask him that. True he wasn't very kind to other people but that was only because he's always been the kind of person that liked being alone.

"Why would you ask me that?" he wondered.

"Well because it seems like you don't like me," she stated.

"How do you figure that?" Min really couldn't understand how she'd think something like that.

"Hmm I don't know maybe its the way you look at me," she shrugged. "Or the fact that you believe that by being here I'm taking away the attention you worked to obtain from Athena."

Min was speechless. Steph had managed to summarize the feelings that he had when he had first met her. Yes, in the beginning he had thought these things but that was all in the past now. Min would be really stupid if he denied that his feelings for her had developed into something close to love. There was no way he hated her and he had to find a way to make her see that.

"Steph look at me," Min urged.

Steph looked up hesitantly. If she was right and Min hated her guts it would hurt her a lot. She wasn't sure when it started but she was sure that Min's opinion of her was important which was very odd considering the fact that she never cared what others thought of her. For Steph Micky and Su were the only ones that matter so everyone else wasn't important, except Min appearently at this moment in time.

"Are you looking at me?" Min asked.

"Yes," she whispered staring at him.

"then listen and look into my eyes," he gean. "In the beginning I might have felt what you just mentioned but not anymore." He took a deep breath and swallowed. "My feelings for you are the opposite of hate. I'm not sure when it began but I really like you."

Steph's heart stopped but then began to bear rapidly. All the blood was rushing to her face making her blush. This was stupid she wasn't the kind of girl who would react like this easily, to words spoken by hot guys. But there was just something about Min's words that hit her hard.

"Argh!!" she yelled turning away.

"What's wrong?" Min looked at her surprised. This was not the reaction he expected after his confession.

"I'm fine," she said. "But are you sure you mean everything you just said?"

Min grabbed her by the shoulders and made her face him. Steph had to look up since Min was really taller than her but they managed to stare into each others eyes and found the answer there without needing words. Both of them gave into thier feelings and leaned into each other. Their lips were close to touching when a glow came from one of the walls. In a fast motion they pulled away from each other to stare at the hole forming in the wall.

"What the hell..." Min began to curse but stopped when people began to come out of the opening.

"Mr. and Mrs. Park," Steph stared at the two figures, the same figures Min had seen when they left camp the other day.

"Steph how lovely to see you," Mrs. Park gave a tight smile.

"I bet," Steph replied sarcastically.

"We take it you know everything too," Mrs. Park stated.

"You spoke to Micky," Steph seemed surprised for a second before she glared at them.

"Staring at us like that will ruin your pretty face," she spoke.

"Like i care," Steph spat. "I can't believe you had the nerve to speak to him."

"He's our son," Mrs. Park said.

"Yeah whatever," Steph glared more. "All you wanted was to use him and us for your dirty little schemes."

Mr. Park had enough. "Look little girl all we want are the shield and sword so hand them over."

"In your dreams," Min finally spoke. "The whole point of being here is to guard the items."

"We didn't want to do this but you leave us no choice," Mr. Park said.

Steph and Min looked at them in confusion. What made things even more confusing was when they saw two people being dragged into the room. It took a second but when Steph clearlysaw thier faces she gasped.

"Mom, dad!"

"Steph," the both tried to go to her but couldn't.

"Leave my parents out of this," Steph shouted.

"The items," Mr. Park ordered.

Steph looked at Min and he knew that they had them. He knew that Steph would hand over the items in order to protect her parents and he knew he wouldn't stop her. As Steph walked towards the items her telepathic ability activated on its own. Words rushed into her head as she listened to the thoughts of Mr. and Mrs. Park and her parents. What she heard stopped her in her tracks and not only made her sad but also pissed her off a little.

"Honey," Mrs. Kim spoke when Steph turned around to stare at them with sad yet raging eyes.

"How could you?" Steph asked her parents.

Everyone including Min were confused. One second Steph was walking towards the sword and shield then she was accusing her parents of something.

"Steph what are you talking about?" Mr. Kim asked.

"You were a part of it the whole time," she said.

Steph's parents turned to look at each other for a moment then turned back to look at their daughter.

"How did you know?" Mrs. Kim sighed as her husband and her began to take off the rope.

"I read it in your thoughts," Steph looked extremely crestfallen. She turned to Min then, "Min its time to gaurd the items."

"Right," Min nodded.

Before the battle could start Steph and Min heard their names being yelled. Everyone turned to see who was calling them and they saw Micky and Jae coming their way. Taking advantage of the distraction Mr. and Mrs. Park along with Mr. and Mrs. Kim and their followers began to walk back through the hole in the wall. The four teenagers turned around and began to run towards the opening. It was to late though, once they got there their enemy was gone and the opening had closed.

Micky turned around to look at Steph. "Are you alright?"

"I've been better," her voice sounded wavery like she was trying hard not to cry.

"What happened?" Jae asked Min noticing Steph's dijected state.

"Micky's parents tried using Steph's against us," Min filled them in. "Steph was going to give them the items but she listened into their thoughts and learned that her parents were in on everything."

"Steph..." Micky grabbed her into a hug.

"Micky their going after Su next," Steph mumbled into his embrace. "We got to get their before they get the items. He will believe them when they use the trick they used on me, he doesn't have my ability to read their thoughts and find out the truth."

"We'll go to them and stop them, I promise," Micky assured her.


So i finally updated. I hope this was to everyones liking. As you can tell the next chapter will show what Su and Yuhno are doing. Not sure when I'll update the next chapter but here's hoping that its soon. ^O^