Trade

Everything But Normal

 

 

After the Parks got away with four out out six items Zeus, Hades and the other four gods led the five teens to the war room. Maps, weapons and so much more took residence in the room. You couldn't turn without seeing one other the other somewhere, on the floor, hanging on the walls or protected by glass.

Currently the five teens were sitting down, waiting for the gods to tell them something. They weren't brought to the war room for nothing. It must be important if they were finally being confide in. Or they just wanted them there to relay information that they weren't even sure they had. One thing was for sure, that if they didn't start talking Micky and Steph were going to snap. Before they'd been escorted to the war room they'd decided to leave the camp and search for Su. They had some ideas of where their parents had gone. Besides, they'd located them once and they could do it again. Especially now when they took someone important to them.

"Where the hell were you?" Micky couldn't stand the silence any more. He couldn't sit there as the gods conversed among themselves while Su was who knows where.

"Calm down boy,"Zeus turned to give him a piercing glare.

Micky seethe in his seat. "Calm down. You think I can calm down when Su was taken hostage."

"There are more important things at hand right now," Hades turned his cold stare on his as well.

"More important..." Steph joined in Micky's glare. "There is nothing more important than getting Su back. Well and unhurt."

"That's where your wrong," Zeus turned his gaze to her. "The items are more important.

"To you," she knocked her chair back and to the floor when she stood up quickly. "To Micky and I, Su is more important that your stupid items."

"The world could be in great danger if our world and the human world come together," Poseidon tried to reason with them.

"Bull," Micky cursed, also rising from his seat, his hands balled into fists. "They have four freaking items. The other two are needed. For now the world is safe. We can't say the same for Su."

"We understand your concerns..."Athena tried to sympathize.

"No you don't," Steph was getting very close to punching something, or someone. "Su is more important to us than anything. We want him back. If you aren't going to help than Micky and I are leaving to find him."

"We've wasted enough time here," both of them began to walk towards the exit. Just then someone rushed into the room stopping them in their tracks.

They turned to see him give Zeus a parchment of paper. Then the messenger scurried out of the room as fast as he'd entered it. Everyone waited as Zeus read it, Hades and Poseidon reading over his shoulders. Micky and Steph wanted to leave but what was on the paper seemed to important to miss. They were growing impatient though, Steph was even thinking about reading their minds, she kept on telling herself that doing that right now was an invasion of privacy but her worry for Su was starting to fog her judgment. It seemed like the silence would never end, until finally Zeus began to speak to everyone in the room. The anger in his voice was very eminent.

"It's a message from them," he told them all.

Micky and Steph rushed to his side. Wanting and needing to see what it said.

"What does it say?" Micky asked him. Hoping for news of Su and an explanation for why they took him.

Poseidon pintched the bridge of his nose before he replied. "They want a trade."

"What kind of trade?" Yunho was behind Steph, having risen from his seat, not able to sit down any longer.

"Trade the items for Su," Hades spit out.

The three teens turned to glare at him. Yunho's blood boiled by the tone of voice of his father.

"When and where?" Steph asked soon after.

Zeus gave her a look, to all of them for that matter. "No where." was his reply.

"What do you mean nowhere?" she critically looked at him. "Usually with things like this, there is a time and place."

"We won't be trading the items," Hades responded in annoyance. He looked at all five of them in turn. There was no way they would trade the items for one measly boy.

"How the hell..." Micky began to protest when Steph stopped him.

"Forget it," she turned around, heading for the door. "They've all decided not to listen. I can read it in their minds. They are set on leaving Su with them."

"Where are you going?" Min asked.

Steph turned to look at him with a cold expression, he could see the sadness and hurt there though. "To pack my things and get out of here. I need to find my brother."

Both Micky and her exited the room. The three remaining teens turned to look at their parents. It was written as clear as glass in their faces that they weren't gong to change their minds. Getting up the three of them left the room with a taste of disappointment in their mouths.

 

~*~

 

"Are you really so stupid as to think that they'll trade the items for me," Su spat from his prison.

"Shut up," one of the men watching him hit Su's cell.

"Make me," he taunted.

The man was about to take him up on his offer when Su went flying to the other side of the wall. Coughing, he lifted himself on his knees and tried breathing normally. The wall had done a very good job of knocking the air right out of him. When his breathing got into place, he looked up to see Luna standing there watching him with amused eyes. She kept on twirling her fingers. It looked like she was getting ready to hit him again.

"Luna," Kim Bum walked into the room, stopping her from performing whatever she was about to do.

"What," she shrugged in mild innocence. "I wasn't going to do anything."

"We were ordered to watch him," he glared at her. "If the Kim's see that he's injured they'll punish you."

"Whatever," she scoffed. "Everyone knows that the Parks are the once in charge. If they order it, I can do whatever I want with him."

Those words sent a shiver of fear Su's way. If they left him alone with Luna she could very well kill him. Not for anything he might have done personally, but because she hated her sister and her lifetime must not have been all that great.

"Luna, go with Sungmin," Kim Bum commanded with a sigh. He had no time or patience for the conversation. Especially if they came from Luna, who didn't differentiate from right and wrong most times. Not that what they were doing was that right to begin with.

"Fine," she bit her lip. "It's almost time to get the items anyway." She walked out the door followed by the guard, leaving Kim Bum and Su alone.

"What does she mean by getting the items? Su asked. Not really knowing why, since it was more than likely that no answer would be given to him.

Surprisingly Kim Bum did answer him. The answer made the pit of his stomach fall, though. "We sent a ransom not or something like it to the camp. The items were demanded in order for them to get you back, safe and sound."

"It'll never happen," he whispered. No way would the gods give up the items for him. They'd let him rot here before helping him. Heck if a gun was placed on the side of his head, they would be the ones likely to pull the trigger. It was wrong of him to think so poorly of the gods, but he had to admit they didn't bring so much trust to the table. Besides, why would they ever think about giving something they needed up for him, when they barely even knew him. For all they knew he wasn't even really Aphrodite's son, that could be Sungmin, who was already part of the enemy.

"It will," Kim Bum replied with conviction.

"No it won't," Su told him. "They gods would rather see me dead than hand over their precious items."

"True," Kim Bum agreed. The admittance from him had Su's stomach knotting. Yeah, he believed the same thing but to hear it out loud was sad. "However, the same can't be said about your sister and Micky."

Realization made Su's eyes go wide. "They can't."

"They will," Kim Bum said. "They would do anything for you. Even hand over the objects."

"You bastards," Su screamed, ramming the bars. His rage numbed the pain as he tried again and again to get free.

"Stop," Kim Bum commanded. "When we give you back, I want you to be just as you arrived."

Su glared at him. "What does it matter." he tried again only to fall back. Kim Bum had shot a bit of water that made him slip on the ground. Sitting on the wet floor Su looked up at his captor, who confused him without end.

"Why do you care?" he stared at him. Waiting for an answer.

"Because your her brother," Kim Bum replied before he walked out leaving Su to ponder his words.

 

Kim Bum sighed as he went to look for the others. He was sure not everyone had left yet. Walking around he heard conversations here and there. Not many of them were important but some did catch his interest. Right now he wouldn't be able to dwell on them for long, but later, when everything was all over he'd have a chance. All he hoped was that everything went fine. That the anxiousness he felt was not because something dreadful was going to happen. That was all he hoped and wished for.

 

 

~*~

 

It was dead at night when Micky and Steph sneaked back in through the passage way, in order to enter the camp. Four hours ago, when they'd rushed out blind they'd put a plan ready. Steph knew where the items were being held, she also knew the location of the switch. All the two of them needed was to get the items and head to the clearing they used to play when they were younger. The same clearing they visited once in a while, and the place where Kim Bum, Luna and Sungmin did most of their training.

They had to wait and they did. First they walked towards Steph's car. It was better that they hadn't stayed at camp. If they had they would've been watched profusely, which they couldn't let happen. Second, they  pretended to leave, when in actuality they were just going to park somewhere while they came up with a plan to steal the shield and goblet, unnoticed.

"Doesn't this place look eerily creepy at the dead of night?" Micky shivered, not from cold but more from the case of heeby-jeebies he was currently having.

Steph covered , trying to stifle the laughter that was threatening to escape and possibly ruin their plan.

"Don't worry I'll protect you," she , walking as quietly as possible.

For five minutes none of them spoke. They were cautious and stealthy. Even at night there were some pretty awake people out there, who preferred to be awake in their cabins. more often than not. If they were discovered milling around the camp, their chances of saving Su would plummet down. Since everyone knew they were gone, they needed to be as cautious as possible.

When they finally reached the portal's entrance they sighed in relief. No one had caught them so far, that was definitely a good sign in their favor. Now they just hoped the same could be said when they entered Olympus.

"Where are you going?" a voice from behind them made them freeze in their tracks. Slowly they turned to locate the owner of the voice. Standing ten feet away from them were Jae, Yunho and Min.

Steph and Micky cringed. They were the last people they'd wished to be caught by. Before coming in they'd decided that they wouldn't stop without a fight, not if it meant saving Su. However, they'd also wished that if it did come to a fight these three would not be involved. It was hard enough fighting people you'd become friends with but ones boyfriend too, that was just to damn hard and sad. Sighing deeply and with great pain they got ready for a frontal approach.

Jae, Min and Yunho had to be knocked unconscious so they could continue with their plans. That wouldn't be easy but giving up wasn't an option either.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Yunho raised his hands. "No fighting."

"Sorry but we aren't going to listen," Stpeh apologized, the wind picked up.

"Steph, please." Min's brown eyes stared into her soul. "Just listen. Read my thoughts and you'll know that you won't find anything at Olympus."

"Why not?" Micky eyed them with distrust. The distrust in his eyes hurt Jae, but he knew why they were there and he understood.

So he did what he could do best. Jae smiled at his boyfriend with his beautiful smile while simultaneously taking something out of the backpack that had been around his shoulders. "We have them."

Micky and Steph stared. Both items were right there. One in Jae's hand while the other was inside Min's bag.

"How did you...when did you..." both of them stammered unable to ask a coherent question.

The other three teens smirked at them, trying to contain their laughter.

"The how doesn't matter," Yunho replied. "We need to go now. The meeting time is coming and we couldn't figure out where it was going to be."

Hearing Yunho talk made the other two smile. His loyalties obviously feel to Su. Like them Yunho wanted Su back and unharmed. Hopefully they would get there in time to make sure that happened. Su came first and then they'd find a way to prevent the Parks from continuing with their plans. At the back of Steph's mind she hoped that everything would come into place and that everyone would come to their senses. She predicted though, that one more fight was coming, whether it could be prevented she wasn't quite sure, just as she couldn't get the nagging dread out of her mind either.

"We know where," she smiled at Yunho. "We'll take my car there."

"You sure?" Jae asked, finally nearing Micky and holding on to his arm. Micky smiled at him before kissing him.

"Yeah," Steph nodded, approaching Min as well, wrapping one arm around his waist as she continued. "We used to go there when we were children."

 

~*~

 

They'd arrived five minutes earlier than expected. Just like the first time, when Steph, Micky and Su were trying to reach the bus headed for camp before it left Steph went above the limit. She drove over one hundred miles per hour and only slowed down when she knew cops were in the vicinity. Then she would speed up again so they could make the deadline. Thanks to her driving they got there five minutes before the time came. The boys however, exited the car with shaky legs. A couple times they'd been screaming at her to slow down, when they went ignored they would scream it in their minds but she blocked them off that way too, only conscious of cops and that was all. Min seemed to be the only one not as shaken by the ordeal, that or he was just being courteous to his girlfriend.

"Their late," Steph paced back and forth. She was fighting the urge to get near to the cliff where she'd saved Kim Bum, opting instead to stay as near to Min as possible while she paced.

"They'll be here," Micky paced as well. Not a very comforting scene.

"Both of you need to calm down," Min told them. Getting anxious and worried wouldn't help them one bit.

"We know," Steph grumbled, not relenting on the pacing. Micky just waved his words away.

Both of them stopped pacing when they heard movement. About twenty feet away, where the trees separated to form a sort of clearing Luna and Sungmin stepped out. They were accompanied by four others, who were humans and hand weapons on hand.

"Miss us," Luna smirked at them.

"Not really," Steph glared at her. "Where's Su."

"All in good time," Luna sneered.

"The items," Sungmin stretched out his hand, as if to reach for them, or expecting them to hand them over.

"We have them," Jae pointed at the two bags, the items protruding from them.

"Your not getting them until we get Su," Yunho declared.

Sungmin and Luna glared. The four teens sighed. It was obvious nothing was going to get done without a fight. As everyone, ally and opponent, got ready to fight, Steph wondered why Kim Bum wasn't there and what roles did the humans pose.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

A double updated ^O^ There are only two maybe three chapters left for this. Those chapters will be updated at the same time. as of now I'm not sure if by the end of the weekend the fic will be done. Or if the last chapters will be completed and posted sometime next week. Just know that in a couple of days Everything But Normal will be completed. So enjoy the last few chapters, the story and the characters. Bye. ^_^