Stolen Powers

Everything But Normal

 

 

 

 

At this point in time the items had been forgotten. It was a fight of wills, not really one of good against evil. Luna and Steph were near the cliff, it was about ten to fifteen feet to their left. As they fought both girls stayed careful not to get near said cliff, in the hopes that they didn't end up falling in and hurting themselves. Micky, Jae and Min were off to one side fighting the four armed humans while Yunho took on Sungmin, who was doing a very good job of using his surroundings against Yunho.

Micky went to the right while Jae turned left. Min was in the middle. They were trying to surround their enemy so they could take them out at the same time. It might seem easy that they were fighting the humans but in actuality it was a difficult job. Each human had an armed automatic weapon that they were using against them and the boys couldn't block every single bullet that flew their way. The three of them needed to think rationally and critically so they could defeat their enemy and not get a bullet in any of them. As great as their healing abilities were and their resistance bullets still hurt like hell and hit in the right place it could slow them down. So as Micky surrounded the four in water, they began to fire blindly at the distorted figures. Jae rolled his eyes and hissed when one bullet managed to graze his arm. Angry he shot a bolt of lightning right at the water. Satisfied when he heard a yell from inside he grinned and moved out of the line of fire. Min was off, a couple feet away, calculating. Before he stepped in to help he needed to make sure everything went as planned and he was also keeping a tab on the items to make sure no one grabbed them as they fought. He wouldn't put it past them to have someone in the shadows waiting for them to get their guard down and strike while they were preoccupied.

"Micky more power," Min shouted at him. "Jae more lightning.

Both boys did as they were told just in time to see the bullets that could have hit them react to the lighting and give them enough time to back away.

The water and lighting disappeared in time for Micky and Jae to see that two of the men were unconscious and the other two were having a difficult time trying to pick up their weapons so they could attack again. Micky scratched his head as he looked at them while Jae just sighed. Min walked straight to them and spoke.

"Are you really going to continue?" he asked them, with a bored expression. "We will continue fighting. Unlike the two of you we aren't exhausted. All you'll do is hurt yourselves by continuing."

One guy looked at his gun. Min's words seemed to get to him, his expression was one of indecision. It was clear that he didn't want to continue. The other guy however, didn't seem like he was trying to listen to reason. His expression was resolute and it seemed like nothing Min or the other two guys could tell him would change his mind. With a sigh Min bent down and picked up the gun, he had to struggle a little because the guy wouldn't let go, but since he was stronger he took the weapon away.

At this point Micky and Jae had neared them. Both of them walked towards the unconscious bodies and took their weapons away while the remaining guy threw his to the side. Making the right choice that would preserve his life.

 

As Jae, Min and Micky tied up their defeated adversaries, so they wouldn't get in their way, Yunho ducked for cover to the south of their position in order to evade Sungmin's attack. Crouching he went from tree to tree trying to stay away from the guys line of vision. This was Sungmin's element, not so much his. If Yunho wasn't careful he could very well lose and that wasn't an option. Sungmin attacked with the branches of the tree he had been hiding again. He yelled in frustration when his attack missed since his prey wasn't there any more. Yunho took advantage of his distraction to send hit after hit of fire attacks. Out of the eight that he'd sent about five managed to hit his opponent, even a small touch was a good thing. Those little burns could be very annoying when they wanted to be. He hoped that Sungmin got distracted with them so he could take him out for good. Angered by being hit Sungmin launched a full frontal attack that has Yunho running from the cover of the trees. It was either that or being caught by the vines and branches protruding from the ground and above. He could have been encased there if he hadn't fled.

"This is my domain," Sungmin yelled at him, face contorted in anger. "You can't beat me here."

"I could try," Yunho flew out of his place and shot at Sungmin.

The first attacks were kind of light and made to distract him, but the oncoming hits kept on increasing in power. Sungmin took the blunt of each attack before he managed to use his ability to receive some protection. His vines were taking some of the beating off of him while he managed to escape between the trees and the bushes. Yunho cursed at his obvious mistake. With a sigh of exasperation he sent a full blunter attack at the trees hoping to smoke Sungmin out.

 

Meanwhile Luna and Steph were in their own world. Putting wind against wind as well as words against words.

"Why don't you just die!" Luna yelled as she increased her attack.

That increase made Steph's hair begin to lift up until she amped up her attack. "Maybe...cuz I don't want to."

"Then start wanting too," Luna glared at her in anger. "I'm tired of you getting in my way."

"Hey! Your the one who kidnapped my brother," Steph shouted in outrage. "If you hadn't taken him I wouldn't be all up in your face." Her glare was just as intense as Luna's. "Actually, if you had just given him to us when we got here this wouldn't be happening right now. So its your damn fault."

Steph could tell Luna didn't like the words she was hearing. However, at the moment she didn't give a damn. She came to get Su back. If fighting and defeating her meant she could do that than she would gladly kick her . Anything to get Su back, safe and sound.

"You don't know a damn thing," she hissed. A wave a wind came from the left and hit Steph on her right side. Before it could do any more damage she deflected it.

"This is taking to long," She grimaced.

With a wave of her hand she used vines to wrapped around Luna. Then she squeezed her hand a little to they could pull her down. That way Steph could end the fight by pinning her down to the floor. Luna cried out in rage at being grabbed by the winds. She used her wind in order to slice them into little pieces. Her anger was so great that she didn't even care if she got little cuts in the process. Just as long as she was free she was okay with everything.

Steph winces every time another cut appeared on Luna's body. She could remember the cuts that appeared in her body when she'd previously fought against Luna. It was like she could feel the pain all over again. Taking control of the situation she made the vines thicker and began to  use her own wind to slow down Luna's attack. It seemed like everything was going well. Steph was about to walk away and join the others when her telekinetic ability kicked in full force. She heard more thoughts join the clearing and what she was hearing wasn't very good.

Everyone duck!! she yelled into Yunho's, Jae's, Micky's and Min's minds. Protect yourself they're about to attack full force.

Her thoughts were still being processed by them when the shots rang out. Micky managed to tackle Jae to the ground, just in time for one of the shots to miss hitting him in the arm. Both of them lay on the ground not daring to get up. Sometimes they would use their powers to deflect some of the shots. 

To their left they managed to see Yunho in a crouched position behind a tree, using it as cover. Min was on the floor, he'd been a second to late and was hit on his left leg. Looking down at it he could tell that they weren't shooting regular bullets. In actuality they were being shot with what looked like tranquilizer darts, but since he wasn't feeling tired he wondered what was in them. Steph's attention had been placed in their protection that she hadn't been able to dodge the oncoming attacks. Before she went down she got hit with two darts, one on her arm and the other on her shoulder. She was preoccupied with figuring out what was in the darts that she slowly took both darts out of her. Making sure that she wasn't hit with anything else as she did that she put a wind shield around herself that shredded to pieces anything that came near her.

Luna and Sungmin where perfectly fine. They knew what was going on. Once the attacks were done with everything would become easier. For them anyway.

 

~*~

 

Su was pacing. He wasn't sure what was going on but he had a really bad feeling, one that made his skin crawl and had him craving for escape. Being stuck like this was impossible, he really needed to get the hell out of his prison before his idiot of a sister and best friend gave up important artifacts for him. It's not like he wasn't grateful, because he was..however he knew the importance of the items. If they were given away, a war could start between the humans and the gods, a war that could very well bring the annihilation of the human race. That he couldn't allow. The only way to stop that was if he found a way to escape, but his prison was really secure, he couldn't find one once of weakness in it.

"Trying to find a way to escape again?" Kim Bum asked from the doorway. His presence didn't even rouse anything in Su anymore. The guy had been coming in and out of the room to check on him since Luna was gone.

"Well, if you were in my place you'd do the same," Su commented, gazing around the room.

"I'm not so sure," Kim Bum replied in a whisper. "I'm still here."

Su looked up at him. His words were laced with sadness and a lot of resentment, for him or for the life he'd lived till now he wasn't quite sure. It was easy for Su to forget that. His life had been great, up until the point he learned that his parents were actually bad people intent on destroying the world. After that, everything just went to hell for Steph and him. Sure. They had their boyfriends now, who love them even if their parents are evil. Boyfriends who were there, unconditionally. Kim Bum didn't have that.

Everything he knew was really vague. But Su knew that his life wasn't ponies and rainbows. Kim Bum's life growing up. Not just his but the other two, too. Instead of having a great childhood like he had, they spent it training for this day. For the day when the Parks could reveal the existence of the gods and goddesses. Keeping this in mind, Su felt sorry for the guy. However, no matter how sorry he felt it didn't change the fact that he was trapped and he needed to get out at any cost.

Just then a commotion began outside the door. It seemed like a group of people were getting ready to move out. That didn't bode well for Su. It sounded like his friends could be in trouble. No matter how strong they were bullets hurt and he didn't put it past these people to use them. Not with all the guns he saw them carrying. The commotion actually served to distract Kim Bum, who didn't seem to like what he was hearing.

"What's going on?" he asked one of the men who rushed pass.

The guy turned to look at Kim Bum. Then relayed the proceedings. Su's heart lurched in its place.

"A confrontation has begun. While the fighting is taking place a group, which I'm part of, has been dispatched to the scene and ordered to use the neutralizers."

Kim Bum seemed shocked at the news. "Neutralizers?"

"Yes," the man nodded, excused himself then left.

Su watched Kim Bum's face change from shocked to freaked out then mad and finally frown. He could practically hear the guys thoughts change gears. It made Su realize that he really didn't like the sound of neutralizers. He began to kick at the door. Then he summoned all the power he had and used water to get the bar wet, then he used fire followed by water, again. His attacks weren't that strong since he didn't practice using them often but he didn't care. Everything would be fine just as long as he got out and warned his friends.

When he went for another hit, the door flew open. Su looked at it in confusion at first, thinking that it could have been a figment of his imagination. He was wrong. Kim Bum was standing right there with the ring of keys in his hands, he'd unlocked him from his prison.

"Why?" Su looked at him in confusion.

"Because," Kim Bum replied. Then went off to give him the biggest shock he'd ever had in his life. Even larger than learning about his parents being evil and trying to destroy everything.

 

 

~*~

 

The four teens, Yunho, Micky, Min and Jae regrouped after the attack was over.

"You guys ok?" Jae asked them.

They all nodded. Both Yunho and Min showed them the darts.

"We were hit with these though," Min looked at them.

"What the hell was in them?" Yunho asked. "I don't feel tired one bit."

"I'm not sure," Min replied truthfully. "Where's Steph?" he looked around. Spotting her in a second or maybe third confrontation with Luna.

Min was about to step towards her when Sungmin appeared blocking his way.

Sungmin smirked. "It's time to have fun." Without warning vines shoot out and head straight for them. Jae and Micky use their powers to repel the attacks. Yunho sends fire to burn the vines and stares in shock as some vines don't burn away into dust. Min and him manage to duck just in time to miss being hit.

"What the hell," Yunho tries to send another fire attack but it isn't strong enough to do the damage it should.

Sungmin's grin increases. "Perfect."

Seeing their chance the humans take up their positions.

On the other side Steph is trying to get her thoughts across to the others. She knows what's going on but her powers have lost their energy as the nullifying liquid in the darts started taking effect. It doesn't help matters that she has to watch out for Luna's every attack. It's taking a lot of her energy just to deflect her using her powers. But she needs to tell them everything, no matter what the cost.

Here goes nothing, Steph thinks with a sigh.

If you can here me listen up, she goes off to tell them everything she got out of their enemies thoughts.

 

Yunho and Micky take cover behind the trees close to them. Min and Jae run for cover as Sungmin's flunkies begin to fire actual bullets this time and not the darts. While on the defensive their heads get bombarded with Steph's voice. It sounds like static in their heads.

If you...hear me listen up. The darts...laced with some type of nullify... liquid ...not taken off...locks away ...abilities ...certain amount of time.

 Don't get hit...them. i think...already ran ou..., for now, be careful...full alert. 

...Parks are here.....they might...the items, ...went off to the right ......feet away from....small rundown structure. Get....items back, ... have all of them.... 

Don't die. Su is safe, waiting for us.

Her words die. Leaving their heads in total darkness without her voice. They only got to hear some things but the message is pretty clear. Jae and Min runs off to the left, following the Parks in order to get the items since their closer and farther away from the enemies. Micky and Yunho stay behind and fight off Sungmin and the others with him. With their combined strength they can surely take them, or at least hold them off.

 

Hiding behind a boulder Steph breaths out. That took a lot out of her than she cared to admit. Now all she had to do was worry about Luna. She scoffed. Like that wouldn't be a hard thing to do. Luna was intent on killing her. Now that Steph was somewhat defenseless she might be able to do that.

"I told them not to die," she muttered. "Seems like I should listen to my own advice."

"Ready to die!" Luna yelled mirroring her words.

"Not really," Steph called back. "Su would kill me if I died."

She heard Luna growl. "Don't worry about him worry about me."

In a second Steph was hit on her side sending her flying out of her hiding spot. She rolled and lay five feet away from the cliff. Luna walked closer staring at her in satisfaction.

Luna grinned and said, "How does it feel to lose and die by my hands."

"Not like much," Steph looked up at her. "You cheated and I'm not dead yet."

Luna glared with such malice that Steph knew she'd done a very stupid thing by voicing her thoughts. But it was to late now to take it back and do things differently. She knew if she hadn't been hit Luna would have been the own on the floor defeated and exhausted, instead of her.

I'm sorry Su, Steph managed to send those last words, hoping that her last bit of energy would help her thoughts reach him wherever he was.

The wind picked up. Steph could see that it would not only send her over the cliff but it would slice her skin again. Luna send the wind forward. Steph tried moving out of the way but the attack would hit her no matter where she moved. She managed to move a few steps forward when the wind hit a force in front of her. Steph saw really thick vines in front of her, seeming to appear from thin air, protecting her from the blast. In the end the attack that was meant to kill her only blew some of her hair out of her face.

"Su," Steph's eyes widened in shock. Standing before her was Su and next to him was Kim Bum.

 


 

Hey guys. I know I said that the fic would be over this week but some stuff came up and I wasn't able to write the ending chapter yet. So...this is the second to last chapter. The last chapter will come to you next week if not the week after. Expect it. I hope you like it. Until then, bye. (^~^)