Unexpected Findings

Everything But Normal

 

“Man this tunnel goes on forever,” Su whined.

“Has anyone ever told you that you whine too much?” Yuhno muttered.

“Yeah,” Su replied. “Steph and Micky actually.”

Micky and Steph chuckled at that. They were pretty sure that Yuhno had asked a rhetorical question and he wasn’t expecting and answer.

“It does seem never ending,” Jae agreed, not that he minded much. He had managed to walk next to Micky the whole time so he didn’t care if it kept on going or not.

“Well I think I see the end of the tunnel,” Steph said looking at a light in front of her. “That or my eyes are playing tricks on me.”

“You and me both,” Min replied looking at the light that was nearing them.

“An enemy?” Yuhno asked.

“I don’t think so,” Min said. “But just in case get ready.”

The six of them prepared themselves for an ambush or something but all their fighting adrenaline died down once they saw what was at the end of the tunnel. Micky whistled in amazement while the others stared in awe. It was like nothing they had ever seen before. The walls seemed to be made of gold and the place looked really big.

“This is too big to be a basement,” Steph commented. “It looks too big to be under the school actually.”

“I don’t think we’re under the school anymore,” Micky said as he neared a window.

He could see outside and what he saw was definitely not the outside of the school. Besides if they had been at the school there was a good possibility that all he would see through the window was dirt since the basement was built underground.

“Su don’t touch anything,” Steph commanded as she saw him about to reach for a rod looking thing next to him.

“That’s what people always say when they think something is cursed or something,” he muttered.

“In our world things can be cursed,” Yuhno told him.

“Hey Yuhno will you do me a favor?” Steph motioned him over.

“What’s up?” he asked her when he was next to her.

Everyone else looked at them wondering what Steph wanted to tell him. Min saw the interaction and wasn’t sure whether he liked it or not. It could have been jealousy but Min being the person he was didn’t really think of it that way at the time. Su on the other hand decided to turn away from the two of them. He was sure that he was slightly jealous whether it being because Steph had left his side or because Yuhno wasn’t paying attention to him he wasn’t really sure all he knew was that he didn’t very much like the feeling.

“Can you protect my brother,” Steph stared at Yuhno not aware of the looks they were receiving from the others.

Yuhno stared at her, “You sure you want to trust him with me?”

Steph smirked, “Yes I’m sure. I trust that you won’t do anything to him unless he wants it.” She gave him a grin then, one that showed an evil glint in her eyes. “Just don’t forget that I am the daughter of Athena and if you hurt my brother I will turn you to dust even if you’re the son of Hades.”

“So you admit that you believe you’re the daughter of Athena,” Yuhno grinned at her ignoring the obvious threat.

“I don’t know,” Steph sighed. “It really does seem possible for me to be her daughter but right now I’m not really positive of the fact.”

“Then why did you say it?” he asked.

“I guess because I believe it a little bit,” then she grinned. “Besides it worked well with my threat.”

Yuhno laughed at that. “I’ll protect your brother. Besides even if I did want something to do with him it would be kind of hard.”

“Why’s that?” Steph gave him a confused look.

“Cuz I’m the son of Hades and he is the son of Aphrodite who are complete opposites,” he stated obviously.

“So,” Steph scoffed. “You and Su have nothing to do with your parents. Just because one represents hate and the other love doesn’t mean that they can’t be together. After all people say that when it comes to love and hate they are only separated by one step, crossing the line can turn love into hate and hate into love. I don’t think that the two of you should limit yourselves because of the whole love hate thing with your parents.”

Yuhno chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Steph asked.

“I find it funny how you’re practically telling me to go after your brother,” he said.

“Yeah well I’m surprised you need me to even go after him,” she shot back. “i may have a brother complex when it comes to Su and protecting him but I never defend him from people I trust. Besides I wouldn’t like myself very much if it turned out that my bro liked you all along and I got in the way of that.”

“You’re very understanding,” he told her.

“Not really I’ve just experience the pain of love first hand, more like second hand since I wasn’t the one in the relationship,” she amended.

“Who was the one who got hurt? If you don’t mind me asking,” he asked.

“Micky,” Steph looked at Micky when she said this. “But don’t mention it ever and don’t tell Jae.”

“Why not?” Yuhno asked.

“If something does end up happening between those two then it would be bad if Jae knew about it without being told by Micky,” Steph explained. “Micky is private about his life and he would want to tell him himself instead of having him already know. Besides it would probably make things awkward between them.”

“I guess you’re right,” Yuhno agreed. “Jae would ask him about it if he knew.”

“Which is why you can’t tell him,” Steph repeated. “When I see them together I see a spark and that’s not just because Jae can produce lightning.”

Steph and Yuhno both chuckled at that.

“Ok enough of this,” Micky said. “What are the two of you whispering about?”

“Nothing,” Steph gave him an innocent look.

“Yeah right,” he scoffed.

“Are you jealous?” Steph teased.

“Very,” Su came from behind and pulled her away in his embrace, Micky joined in the hug mock glaring at Yuhno.

“The three of you are very touchy aren’t you?” Min commented.

“We’re too close for our own good,” Steph struggled to get out of the embrace. Su and Micky were kind of suffocating her and crushing her.

“Hey guys look at this,” Jae called ignoring the scene.

Micky and Su finally let Steph go but opted to whole her hand as they walked to where Jae was. She rolled her eyes at their childish and possessive natures; they always acted this way when she paid more attention to others.

“Hmm that looks kind of weird,” Yuhno said.

“What the hell is it?” Micky asked looking at what Jae had pointed at.

“Don’t know,” Jae replied.

“Maybe we should back away from it,” Steph suggested as she saw the thing kind of move.

She pulled Su and Micky, thankful that they were still holding hands. She sent a message to both of them to grab Jae and Yuhno since they were next to them and weren’t moving. Min had moved back when she suggested it so she didn’t have to worry about him. Once they were a pretty good distance away from whatever it was they were looking at everyone noticed that it stopped moving.

“Could it be a sensor?” Steph wondered.

“Maybe,” Min said.

“If it was shouldn’t we get out of here?” Micky asked.

“But we barely even looked at this place,” Su whined.

“We can always come back Su,” Steph told him. “Besides do you want to get caught being here without permission?”

“No,” he shook his head.

“Well then I guess it’s time to go,” Jae said as he headed towards the tunnel.

He didn’t even reach it when he stopped walking towards it. He could hear voices approaching from the tunnel.

Everyone hide, Steph sent to their heads so whoever was coming wouldn’t hear her.

Steph and Min hid behind two pillars that would still give them cover if they wanted to see who was coming into the room. Su and Yuhno were next to each other so they ran straight to a back wall that had many things blocking them from view, unfortunately they couldn’t move one bit or they would be spotted. Jae and Micky were lying down on the floor hidden by some carpets and stuff, Jae had to lie on top of Micky or else they wouldn’t be able to fit.

“I don’t understand why we have to check up on this place?” a guy’s voice said.

“The boss orders us too that’s why,” his partner replied.

“Yeah but it’s not like anyone could ever enter this place,” the first guy said.

“I don’t know,” the second guy stood right next to the pillars where Steph and Min were hiding.

Unconsciously Steph moved closer to Min so she wouldn’t be as close to the guy. Min saw her get closer and smiled for no apparent reason. That smile soon faded though with their next words, those words made Steph, Su and Micky freeze up.

“You know this would be so much easier if they used those three god kids that go to this school,” the first man who seemed to be the eldest said.

“Your right,” the youngest guy agreed. “They’re the children of Poseidon, Aphrodite and Athena so they could help steal the necessary items to active the scroll.”

“Don’t be stupid,” a women’s voice rang through the room. A voice that Steph, Su and Micky recognized.

“Mom,” Micky whispered.

“Boss,” the two guys exclaimed.

“My son and his two best friends won’t be needed until later,” she told them. “They will definitely help out when they find out who their parents are and they learn that their parents hated them so they threw them away.”

Jae, Yuhno and Min looked at the people that were next to them and saw the sadness in their eyes.

“Will they believe us though?” the eldest guy asked.

“Of course!” Mrs. Park yelled. “There was a reason why we kidnapped these three in the first place. Micky being the son of Poseidon would be strong, Steph the daughter of Athena would outsmart Ares’s son and Junsu had the capacity to enchant anyone to join us. The only reason why the sons of Hades and Zeus weren’t taken was because those three protected themselves with lightning and fire.”

“But we still got shocked didn’t we,” came a man’s voice from behind Mrs. Park.

“True Zeus is son almost made it so we couldn’t take Micky but it was a good thing the lightning protecting Micky died down when it did.” She agreed with her husband.

Jae hugged Micky with all the strength he could muster at the moment without making noise. Micky was thankful for the hug because he could feel the tears beginning to form in his eyes. The people he had loved all his life had used and betrayed him, it was hard to grasp that his parents didn’t love him and only wanted him for his power.

Micky are you ok? Steph and Su asked using Steph’s telekinesis.

I will be once we get out here, he sent back to them. I need you guys to give me a huge hug though when we finally get out.

Count on it, they both replied. Also expect lots of kisses. Su sent quickly making Micky smile.


Ok so here was the next chapter. Sorry if it took too long. I hope you guys liked it. Especially the fact that there were more interactions between the characters. Later. ^O^