Chapter 23: The Blue Moon

The Blue Moon

"Amber ah, you realized that your co-stars almost died right? You need to know the serious consequences that come with giving everyone a heart attack and not even apologizing!" Hyun Joon, f(x)'s manager, reprimanded the rapper with a scowl on his face. The said idol, meanwhile, was sitting silently in front of the fuming manager and actually being still for once. 

"But oppa, it's not my fault I'm too hot for them to handle..." Amber pouted, looking up with big eyes and the irresistible llama face. Unfortunately for her, Hyun Joon was already too used to all of her and her members' aegyo to be affected.

"Hey Hyu-" f(x)'s other manager walked in and sensing an opportunity, she quickly turned to him and clinged onto his arm. "Oppa~Hyun Joon oppa is bullying me," she pretended to cry, wiping away at fake tears as she hid behind him. 

"Hyun Joon, I told you to be easy on her. She didn't do anything wrong," the manager dubbed the 'handsome one' by f(x)'s fanclub told Hyun Joon and the other man sighed. Now this one was definitely not accustomed to one Amber Liu's aegyo.

 

"We're going for a surprise," Lee Soo Man announced at the head of the table, making all heads slowly turned toward him. Even with 12 pairs of eyes charging laser at the former CEO, he barely flinched before continuing on. "There is going to be a cover photoshoot this afternoon for the event happening in a few mere weeks. I want all of you to maintain the same formation and pairings even during the photoshoot and, how do I say this, be...intimate."

"Seosangnim, I usually wouldn't disagree with your decisions but that wouldn't be too good of an idea," Victoria frowned slightly, her eyes travelling over to the troublesome trio. "I know TOP and GD and pull this concept off perfectly fine, but our Amber wouldn't be able to do it." 

"Unnie!" Amber silently protested, although she didn't add much else. She knew the older girl had taken a jab at her pride, but the tomboy wasn't going to say anything. Not because she agree, but because she knew she was being baited.

"What do you mean, Victoria?" Lee Soo Man asked, calmness in his voice even when there was opposition.

"No offense to you two, but you wouldn't be able to handle Amber at her iest, Seunghyun and Jiyong ah," Victoria shrugged, leaning back on her chair as she let the words out. Krystal and Sulli, who were sitting beside her, snickered silently.

"I would have to agree with Vic unnie, seosangnim. Amber unnie can seriously send guys running to her in an instant even when she's just lounging around in her PJs. If you purposely put her in a y concept, the world wouldn't be able to handle it," Luna interjected into the conversation, the poker face she had learned to master as an actress coming into effect. 

"Hey! You guys are underestimating us too much!" GD and TOP exclaimed at the same time before looking at each other with a glare. Even when they are fighting, they are still of one mind. 

"We had photoshoots with a lot of really hot and world-acclaimed y models before, so I doubt Amber could make a difference on Jiyong and Seunghyun hyungs," Seungri suddenly grinned, pouring oil into the fire. 

"He's devious," Krystal whispered to Sulli, although her words were merely words. After all, she, too, has the same devilish grin on her face. 

 

"I can't believe I have to do this," Amber grumbled as she tugged on her tight-fitting dress, not being able to sit still even when her stylist has assembled all the help she can get to keep the female idol in place. 

"Unnie, think about it. They insulted you, so you should go out there and prove them wrong!" Sulli passionately said with a little wink, slipping on the soft pastel dress that had become her concept for the day. 

"She's right, Amber," Krystal started in English. "You know you could definitely make them drop dead on the floor with just a little flick of your wrist, so why not go all out?" She ended in Hangul as she stepped out of her dressing room, a different shade of pastel on her dress.

"Jeez, the maknaes get the pretty pastels and I'm left with this ugly ombre gown," Victoria said sarcastically with the most satisfied smile on her face. Hers was a beautiful navy-blue-to-soft-aqua dress that spread around her feet accordingly. Her stylist came over and after checking over the leader's makeup, she placed a flower crown on her loosely braid hair. 

"Unnie, ssshhh. we better not light the fire in Amber unnie's heart," Luna appeared, adorned in a dress of different shades of blue and green that encompassed her figure completely. "By the way, unnie, the stylist changed the dress you have to wear. They thought that since the concept is like that, the other dress would suit you better."

"Oh god no, not that other dress!" Amber groaned, burying her face in her palms in anguish. "I never sign up for this!"

"Now now, Amber, you know that in the depth of your heart, you've always wanted to try on these kinds of dresses," Victoria placed a comforting hand on the younger girl's shoulders and whispered into her ear. The eldest of the group was just like the little devil inside your head that tells you to risk your life for a greater cause...

 

"Did I ever say how absolutely gorgeous you all looked?" The team of stylists gushed as they stared lovingly at the five girls. "I can't believe it's been about 5 years now since we met you all."

"Unnies, your words are misleading," Sulli pointed out with a giggle as she noticed the direction of their stares was on the resident tomboy. 

"Amber unnie is the main lead this time after all. I wouldn't be mad or surprise at all if the director decides to film a music video after this photoshoot and starred unnie as the lovely devil~" Krystal smiled. 

And as though they were the magical words, the main PD popped into the room and widened his eyes in surprise the moment they landed on the girls. "...Girls, change of plans. We're going straight into filming a music video after conducting the photoshoot. Meet me at the main studio in 5 minutes!" 

"...Krystal, what have you done?!" 

 

"Hyung, how do you think Amber will look?" Jiyong whispered into Seunghyun's ears as they awaited for the arrival of the said woman. If one didn't know better, they would think the two were waiting for the brides to come out of the changing room. Except...there is only one, and not two.

"I don't care what Amber look like. She's her, and I would never change her or make her uncomfort-" T.O.P took in a huge gasp as the room became dead silent. The only sounds that could be heard were the clicking of heels when the f(x) members entered the room. 

"Sulli and Krystal ah, you will always managed to surprise me with your beauties!" Seungri ran toward his partners with a huge, genuine smile on his face. The compliment was heartfelt, the maknaes knew, but still, they could not resist teasing him. 

"Oppa, you sure you should be saying that? How would your future girlfriend reacted if she knew you said that to women who are taken?" Krystal and Sulli said with big smirks adorning their features. 

"Jeez, you two are evil," Seungri pouted but recovered quickly. "C'mon let's go to our corner. I think we're up first!" He changed the subject before taking both of the maknaes' arms and pulling them toward their designated station.

"You look stunning, noona," Taeyang smiled toward Victoria, and the f(x) leader chuckled in amusement. "You aren't too bad yourself, Mr. Merman," the older girl raised an eyebrow at the dark blue suit that the said man was wearing. 

"Hyorin did said that I looked handsome," Taeyang boasted as he showed Victoria his phone with a text from Min Hyorin and Victoria bursted out into laughter.

"And I would have thought you weren't one to be so happy from a simple message if I didn't know you. But unfortunately, with the number of times you bragged about Hyorin, I'm not surprised anymore..." she teased, "In fact, Hyorin texted me a few minutes ago saying that I should tell you to pretend like you don't have a girlfriend to give a more realistic feeling to the photoshoot."

"...Hyorin rejected me..." Taeyang pouted as he stared at his homescreen, which was a picture of him and her. It was at this point that Victoria gave up on talking to the depressed Taeyang and instead tranced over to her designated spot. 

"Anything to say, Daesung ssi?" Luna raised an eyebrow at the stock-still guy, who was turning redder and redder by the minute. It was funny to her how the self-proclaimed hottest guy was so silent once confronted with her at her best. Although, considering the vast amount of time they had spent together with both either in their go-to comfy clothes or with no makeup, it didn't come as too much surprise to her when she got no responses. 

"...You're gorgeous, Sunyoung ah," Daesung finally recovered and smiled shyly as he slid his hand under her before leaning down and placing a light kiss on her knuckle. This time, it was Luna's turn to become paralyzed and simultaneously, a tomato. 

"Stop flirting, you two!" Victoria called out from where she was, but then again, the leader has a phone in one hand and a camcorder on the other to record the event, so that wasn't very convincing. 

 

"...What's happening? Seunghyun oppa? Jiyong oppa? Hello?" Amber waved her hands in front of the two men, stepping closer to them to check whether or not they were still alive. The moment she was in their personal bubbles, however, they jolted awake and fumbled to step as far away from her as possible.

"A-A-Amber ah, w-what are...you wearing?" Seunghyun sputtered out with wide eyes as Jiyong just stood there, staring. 

"What do you mean? It's just a dress," the female rapper tilted her head, puzzled at their reactions. To her, the way she currently looked was completely unnecessary and a burden. But to the others, it was pretty obvious as to why the two men who had the most photoshoots with beautiful women were so baffled by the tomboy's appearance. After all, it wasn't everyday that Amber Liu willingly put on such a tight-fitting dress that just happened to curved in all the right places. 

"I-you-you looked amazing, Amber ah," Jiyong finally spoke, regaining the confidence he thought he had lost forever when he first landed his eyes on her, 

"Although, you in your usual clothings suit you better," Seunghyun chuckled before offering her his arm. "May I lead you to our place, m'lady?" he pretended to bow just as they did back in the medieval day. Before Amber could reply, however, Jiyong, too, offered his arm and Amber simply smiled before taking both of them and waiting to be lead to their filming location.

 

"Alright guys, it's your turn. Amber, you will sit down on that royally decorated plush chair right there and look into the distance to your right. GD, placed your right hand on top of the chair next to her shoulder, and pretend to think with closed eyes. As for you, T.O.P, you will take her right hand and press a light kiss on it." The director said as his three main leads entered the scene. "We're trying to set the mood of a cold-hearted woman who encaptured two men but does not seem to notice."

'Just like in real life,' the remaining members of f(x) and BIg Bang thought as they watched on. 

After taking their places on the set, it was as though the trio became trapped in a dream-like state. The photoshoot went by faster than anybody could have thought, with Amber, GD, and T.O.P naturally assuming positions that portrayed the mood the director was trying to set up without any directions. They went from their original spots near the chair as the only prop, to using each other as sets. Without even looking at the trio, the director could tell which scene was the best based on the amount of shrieking that came from the spectators, which consisted of the f(x) and Big Bang members. 

As the trio moved on to their final position, the effect that comes along with the change was mind-blowing. The four f(x) girls were holding on to each other to contain the screams that were waiting to come out while the remaining three members of Big Bang with mouths agape. During the mass flashings of the camera, Amber rest her arms around T.O.P’s neck, connecting her hands against the back of his neck. WIth her eyes concentrated on the camera in narrow slits, the female rapper never once noticed the wild beating of the older man’s heart even though she could feel him stare holes into her. Not once forgetting the leader of the boy group, however, Amber leaned her head back slightly to come into contact with GD’s chest. And this time, she definitely did hear the fast speed of his heart... but paid it no heed as her mind stored these clues to form a conclusion where it simply beats so because of the heat. He proved the theory wrong almost immediately as he tightened his arms around her, and with T.O.P in closed proximity, the two men moved their heads at the exact same time to flashed each other a glare.

 

“And...cut! That’s a wrap, you guys. Good job!” The director called out as everyone around him heaved a heavy sigh of relief. If asked later on what happened, any one of them would have said that they were entranced in a drama where there was no clear winner between the two male leads.

 

Snapping out of her current state, Amber shook herself free from T.O.P and GD’s embrace and proceeded to leave the room as quickly as possible with an unusually flushed face. Noticing that their fellow member was fleeing the scene at an astonishing speed , Victoria, Luna, Krystal, and Sulli followed her out and the moment all of them entered their dressing room, Amber collapsed with her face buried in her hands.

‘I did not just do that. Oh my god, what did I do? What happened to me?’ Amber silently questioned herself as her face flushed brightly when the other girls pried her hands away.

“...Oh finally, unnie. I thought you would never notice!” Krystal chuckled when she realized what was going on. Looking at the maknae with accusing eyes, Amber shook her head in disbelief.

“You mean the fact that I was so embarrassing on set? Look at the way I acted! I don’t know what came over me or what even happened!” The tomboy cried out before Victoria came over to give the younger girl a comforting hug.

Meanwhile, the three youngest exchanged glances and noticed with displeasure that indeed, their clueless unnie still did not know about the Big Bang members’ feelings for her.

“I’ve heard of actresses who naturally have the talents to snap into character when required, but I didn’t know you would be one of them, Amber ah. You were really great and the director was greatly satisfied with the photos he took, so don’t worry about i!” Victoria smiled softly and ruffled Amber’s hair.

“...Really?”

“Yeah, unnie, you did great! I think your photos came out the best!” Luna cheerfully said.

“Amber-””Hey guys, is everything alright? Amber suddenly ran out of the room so we were getting worried,” the assistant director suddenly appeared..

“Ah, I’m fine. I was just really dehydrated. Sorry for the trouble!” Amber chuckled jokingly before standing up. “We’re shooting the music video next right? Do you need us right away or are you going to film Big Bang’s scenes first?”

Seeing the death stares that came from the four behind Amber, the assistant director quickly shook her head and put on her brightest smile. “We don’t need you guys for another 30 minutes. Why don’t you rest and I’ll come get you when it’s time. But hey Krystal and Sulli, do you mind coming with me for a few minutes? The director needs you guys for the introduction of the video.”

“Yeah sure, that’s fine with us.” Krystal and Sulli shrugged casually before waving good-bye to their unnies to followed the assistant director to the new set.

 

“It was incredible!” Krystal gushed with bright eyes the moment she came back from her shoot. Seeing how Krystal was so erratic about the setting of the music video, the older girls actually listened to their maknae’s impression for once. “We went outside to shoot the scenes since my and Sulli’s parts are supposed to be something along the lines of forest fairies, and we saw the most incredible scenery! I don’t know what or how they did it, but the set was glistening like those things you see in fairy tales and...it was just so amazing! You have to see for yourself!”

Raising an eyebrow at how out of breath Krystal was from explaining what she saw in one try, the older three followed the maknae to where Sulli was finishing up with her part, and all of them had softened gaze when they saw the innocence in Sulli’s eyes when she looked at the area where Seungri was coming out of. Even though the director refused to tell them what the plot for the music video was, the girls could tell  the overall direction the PD wanted to take.

 

“Amber, are you ready?” The PD called out with a big smile as he wrapped up Victoria’s scenes with Taeyang in what seem to be the setting of the deep ocean floor.

“Ne, I’m ready!” The said tomboy nodded before getting up. As if on cue, her stylists came out from all directions to fix up her hair and straightened out her dress.

“Alright Amber, GD, and T.O.P, we’re doing things a bit differently now compared to before. Please don’t zone out like when we were in the photoshoot because I really need you guys to follow my directions this time,” the PD disclosed with a very serious look on his face. Unlike the photoshoot, there was something he needed to do with the music video that could not be conveyed in motionless photos.

 

Pulling Amber off to the side as the assistant director directed GD and T.O.P to where they should be, the director nodded his head toward her spot. “Amber, I need you to really commit to this shooting, alright? I didn’t tell GD and T.O.P this because I need their genuine reactions, but I need you to go change into a new outfit right this instant. My assistant will be holding our male leads’ sights in check, so when you have finished changing and is ready to start filming, signal to me silently and then…” he grinned mysteriously before pulling out a realistic-looking blade. “I want you to sneak behind them and point the tip of this to their hearts. When you can feel them starting to move, take off the blindfold then turn to the camera. Smile maniacally. The makeup will do the trick of creating an illusion of black tears streaming down one side of your face.”

“But...I don’t understand. What is the plot of this music video?”

“Don’t tell anyone else, but it’s about a woman devastated over her lost loves.” The director lied smoothly before sending Amber off to change.

 

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful woman who was beloved by many. She was the childhood friends of the two most sought after bachelors in the land, but strangely enough, no women resent her, and no men chased after her.

Her childhood friends, who had been with her ever since she was born, became infatuated with this young woman who seek after their hearts every time she laugh and gaze into their eyes with her hazelnut orbs. The fast beatings of their hearts forewarned of the trouble to come, but the two could not stop what has already been set in motion.

A few months before she was to be wed to her arranged fiance, both of the men realized that they had the same feelings for their dear childhood friend, and decided to test her. With both holding a ball of their own in their estate on the same day, they wanted to see to who she would come to.

On the fateful day, the woman appeared in the ballroom, but the aura around her seemed to have changed. Instead of the bubbly and happy smile that always transcended her face, she instead wore a look of slyness and seduction, and before long, has managed to lure the man into a dark hallway where no one else was around. Listening to the whispered words of his beloved, he let her placed a blindfold over his eyes, compromising his sight...forever.

The next morning, both of the men were found dead in their bedrooms, surrounding them were petals of bloody red roses and a single, signed blindfold. From your heart.

Flashing back to the night before, side by side, were the exact same scene where the man was led to a dark hallway by the woman. However, this time, one could see that the man in each of the scene was different. The women, on the other hand, have the same features of that of their love. With the moonlight glinting against that of the sharp blade, the women ed the knife into their hearts and slowly and tormentingly, led them around.

Later on, two hearts were found in a beautifully-ornate jar, floating around each other and yet, never once touching. A woman’s hand was seen lovingly caressing the glassy exterior, before the full moon’s light flashed down onto the woman’s hazelnut eyes, turning them into a sharp grey. She has been saved once again, by someone….no, this time, by two men who has never once heed the warning.

For she was the unfortunate child that an ancient prophecy had long foretold. The oracle, after all, has once said that her heart will be astray once she falls in love, and a devilish seductress will surfaced from the innocence that was long broken and take the life of the man who love her.

 

After GD and T.O.P had gone back into their changing room to get out of their outfits, Amber remained in the studio, leaning against the set’s balcony window with a blindfold over her eyes.

 

The woman lightly touched the cloth that had remained upon her sight for the past decade, before she slowly pulled it down, revealing the same, warm hazelnut orbs that had once plagued the men’s dreams. But this time, there was a streak of black tears trailing down the left side of her face before her eyes gleamed a void of darkness.

 

“Cut! Nice job, Amber! We’re done for the day.” The director shouted with huge satisfaction, internally disbelief at how wonderful the female rapper has done her role. He lamented over the fact that he did indeed choose the right person to portray the emotions he had wanted.

“...Wow, that was how good she was this whole day?” GD and T.O.P could be heard whispering to the their fellow members and the f(x) girls as Amber was ushered to be changed out of her dress.

“Yeah, unbelievable huh? I don’t know what the director planned on doing with what we filmed today, but I could definitely see it turning out to be something incredible.” Victoria said proudly, although she, as an actress, could not even force herself to turn away from Amber’s acting. And she knew the same could be said about the other spectators. After all, the studio was dead silent when Amber’s last scene was being film. There was definitely something tugging at her heartstring when she saw the black tears streaming down the tomboy’s face.

 

She couldn’t place her hand on what it was that had made her feel that way. But she remembered of an instance long ago where she first met him. He was the devil that had lured her away, but even while knowing that, she could not resist the attraction that gravitate her toward him.

It was her destiny, she realized, when she looked up upon her spot in the middle of the beautiful forest and noticed a handsome young man walking toward her with the backdrop of the sunlight. Her heart had started to beat faster and faster, racing to unbelievable speed... before he forcefully ripped it out of her chest and took possession of it forever. She knew she was doomed the moment her vision registered the wickedly suave grin that graced his features, and she accepted it with opened arms.




 


This is a long overdue chapter.

Yes, I'm back after 3 years of hiatus on this story, and boy am I glad to be back! I realized that I kinda completely broke the promise of updating regularly with this story, and I completely apologized >.< I know nothing can say how sorry I am, so instead, I decided to give you guys the gift of this long chapter. I'm sure it won't be enough to savage the wait, but I hope you guys enjoy the chapter at the very least!

Thank you so much to everyone who patiently wait for this story and not give up. I really appreciated all the commenters that keep on encouraging me to continue the story year after year, and I will try my best to continue the story. 

Going on to happier news, I just noticed that for the first time, the title, The Blue Moon, actually makes sense. To be completely honest, the title was picked completely by random, and this chapter was not written to explain the title. But then somehow, one way or another, it does explain the title and voila!

I'm really happy with this chapter and even though it took me a while to write (the longest to date, even with my other stories: 4 hours), so I hope you guys enjoy it a lot. Please comment and tell me your thoughts. I honestly just want to hear your opinions!