LETS GO

Only You

I won’t leave him. Even if he stupidly wants me to. We sat by the river till morning and I didn’t sleep a wink.

 

I just watched Daehyun’s sleeping figure,listening to his even breathing, letting the wind blow gently over us.

 

I couldn’t even cry. He’s here with me,why should I cry? I touched his cheek and smiled,he’s so handsome.

 

Then he woke up suddenly,pushing himself off my shoulder,pressing his hands together.

 

“Ah! Argh,I can’t-I can’t feel! Apa!” He pressed his temples and kneeled on the ground,breathing heavily.

 

“Daehyun ah!”I grabbed his hands and looked straight into his eyes.

 

His eyes were red and teary and I held his face in my hands.

 

“Oppa,I’m here,its okay.”I whispered softly and he let out a staggered breath.

 

He hugged me really tight and buried his face into my hair,”Kajima.”

 

“Ara,I won’t leave you.”

 

We stayed in that position for a long while till he finally calmed down and pulled away. He watched me and I smiled,”Lets go,we’ll have some nice breakfast.”

 

I let Daehyun drive and he held the steering wheel tight,like as if it’ll slip off his hand if he didn’t take note.

 

Reaching out slowly,I loosened his hands on the wheel and positioned it more comfortably for him.Remembering how he used to drive.

 

“Hold like this,firmly but not too tight,I can already see your veins.”I adjusted his hands for him.

 

“Hyunmin ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What do you want to eat?”

 

“You want rice right?”

 

He smiled weakly,”Mm,that sounds nice.”

 

“Then turn down the road here,there’s a stall that sells nice dishes.”

 

He drove accordingly and parked carefully.We ordered a huge bowl of soup and Daehyun was slurping his rice up as usual.

 

I giggled and he glanced at me,”Wae?”

 

“Eat slowly,we’re not rushing anywhere.”

 

“What,you got a day off?”

 

I nodded,”Same for you,we need a break.”

 

He eyed me but nodded.We paid up and Daehyun’s phone rang.

 

“Yeoboseyo?A-Ah nae,yeah I’ll come down now.”He hung up and sighed.

 

“Waegeulae?”

 

“Hospital.”

 

“Lets get going then.”

 

He grabbed my hand,”But its my results.”

 

I hugged him and patted his back,”Its your second round of results,it’ll be fine,you know your condition already.”

 

“Hyunmin ah-“

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“I don’t want your pity,don’t talk to me like that.”

 

I pulled away and glared at him,”You’re kidding right?After two years of being with you, you think what I’m doing now is pitying you?”

 

He gulped and looked away,”If not then what are you doing?”

 

“Oppa,I know you well enough so stop it,don’t make me angry.”

 

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the car,”Drive.”

 

I got into the passenger seat and waited for him to start the engine.He sighed and drove off.

 

It was simple enough,collecting his results from the doctor,consultation etc.

 

“I don’t want medication,its not helping me.”Daehyun told his doctor.

 

“Mr Jung,it’s the least we can do to improve your condition. Plus you’re not considering surgery-“

 

“Doctor!”

 

I raised an eyebrow,”Surgery?Daehyun?”

 

Daehyun looked up at me,”There’s not going to be any surgery.”

 

“Waeyo?”I looked at the doctor,”What are the chances?”

 

“Hwang Hyunmin you stay out of this.”Daehyun growled.

 

I ignored him and waited for the doctor’s reply.

 

“The chances are quite good actually, 98% success.”The doctor stated.

 

I seriously didn’t know what Daehyun’s deal was but I’m going to have a hard time persuading him.

 

He drove down to our favourite café and ordered our usual.

 

“Daehyun?”

 

“What?”He snapped,irritated.

 

“Surgery.”

 

“No.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t bloody trust anybody with that sort of skill okay? Its my spine we’re talking about.”

 

“Okay,then don’t go.”

 

He choked on his drink and coughed,”Bwoh?”

 

“Wae?If you don’t want it then don’t go.”

 

He eyed me,”You’re letting me go this easily?”

 

I nodded,”But I’m not going to explain to our elders about you giving up on yourself when there is actually a cure just waiting for you.”

 

He scoffed and ate his cheesecake,”I knew you had something up your sleeve.”

 

“Well you’re the one giving up on the surgery,not me.Wonder what your mum will say when she finds out,”

 

“Yah Hwang Hyunmin,don’t you dare tell my parents about this.”

 

I drank my tea and sniffed a bit,”Who am I to tell your parents,I’m not that important.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

I smiled,feeling my eyes tear up suddenly,”Aniya its nothing.”

 

“Yah, what’s wrong?”

 

I scoffed and looked right at him,”Wae?Worried about me?Don’t be,I don’t need your pity.”

 

He raised an eyebrow,”Hyunmin?”

 

I ignored him and ate my cheesecake,mouth after mouth. I felt so upset and stupid. Why did I even bother to think I can help the man I love?

 

Sure he’s stupid and idiotic at times,like right now,but other times he’s so sweet and caring and,what am I to him?

 

I felt my tears b and Daehyun grabbed my fork away from me,”Yah Hyunmin ah!What’s wrong with you?”

 

I leaned back in my seat and my tears spilled over.He said he is afraid that he can never feel me again,and yet,he can’t even go for the surgery for that one reason. Me.

 

I wiped my tears away and looked out the clear glass window,”Shut up,I don’t want to talk to you.”

 

“Y-Yah neol,what are you crying for?”

 

I grabbed my bag and stomped out. Its his choice,I can’t do much.If he wants to lose his sense of touch forever,then fine.

 

He pulled me back and grabbed my shoulders really firmly,it hurt.

 

“Hwang Hyunmin! Don’t play with my heart like that! You know I don’t like it when you hide something from me! You know I hate watching you leave all upset!”

 

I looked down and closed my eyes,tears starting to flow again,”Let me go,apa.”

 

He just held me tighter,”Tell me what’s wrong!”

 

“You idiot! If you don’t love me anymore just say it to my face! What are you doing to me?!”

 

“W-What are you-Who said I don’t love you anymore?!”

 

“I’m not important enough to you that’s why you’re not going for the bloody surgery! You said you’ll miss holding me touching me but its not enough for you to go for the surgery. You’d rather never feel me again than go through the stupid surgery.”I cried into his chest and he stood there like stone.

 

I really hated breaking down in front of him,I know he doesn’t like seeing me cry,I know it upsets him too. But I really didn’t like the way he simply rejected his hope of getting his sense of touch back.

 

“Hyunmin ah.”

 

I got off his chest,”Ara,I can’t change your mind,I’ll just leave you alone-“

 

He held me,”Wait wait,I’m sorry,I didn’t mean to make you unhappy. I didn’t think that far,why didn’t I think that far?”

 

I was crying mess and he wiped my tears away,”Mianhe,hajiman,you’re kinda silly aren’t you?”

 

I looked away and he kissed my head,”I love you,always have,always will. I want to feel you again,but I’m so caught up with you coming back to me I forgot about the small details.”

 

“Who said I’m coming back to you? I thought I’m just pitying you?”

 

He coughed,embarrassed with all the stupid things he said,”Ah,I must have really hurt you. Mianhe.”

 

He touched my cheek and slid his thumb across my lips,”Speaking about that,I really miss our skinship.”

 

I pushed him away,”You’re not going to touch me again anyway,you can’t even be bothered to get yourself fixed-“

 

Daehyun grabbed my waist and kissed me longingly,like as if he’s been missing this for a long time.

 

He pulled away slightly and mumbled onto my lips,”I’ll go for it,I’ll get the surgery,so I can feel you again.”

==========================================================================================================================

A/N:So in case its a bit confusing for anyone, Hyunmin is just upset because she felt that she wasn't important enough to Daehyun. Because he didn't want the surgery, like as if he'd rather not feel her again than go through the pain of the surgery. Yeah and lets look forward to 'Hurricane' tomorrow!!! ^^