forgotten

unrequited love

"Hello" they both said, greeting formally and bowing almost in-sync. He stood there awkwardly as she kept a hand to her face, trying to hide the expression of shock that of all people it was... him. "Are you my... marriage partner?" he asked, too shy to call her his wife but not knowing what else to say. She kept her head down, forcing a smile. What she was afraid of more than anything was her other habit she did when she was nervous, laughing or giggling non-stop, even when there was nothing funny. She would carry on and the apink members would look at her weirdly. Thankfully she almost never got nervous, but this was an experience she'd never had before, she wasn't prepared to face it, to face him. "Shall we sit?" she asked shyly, moving to the side so he could walk straight to sit on the seat accross from her. Her eyes shifted upwards for a second to meet his, but he was staring at her so intently she almost blanched and looked down again. They exchanged pleasantries for a while, and he seemed kind, sweet and interested in her, not at all like the taemin she remembered (and loved). "So have you had any experience in dating and love?" he asked, a little forwardly she thought, taken aback by such a personal question so early in their time together. "Well... i have no dating experience, but i have experienced unrequited love" she said,trying her best to look up, her eyes managing to look at his only for a few seconds before they darted off to find other things to look at. "Really?! you've never dated before? but..." he leaned back and crossed his arms, "You're so pretty!" "Well... what about you? do you have a lot of experience in dating?" she challenged, leaning forward a little boldly. When he leaned forward again she backed off quickly, taking her elbows off the table and keeping her head tilted up though her eyes down. "I've never dated anyone before... well, unless you count elementary school, and even then..." he laughed half-heartedly and she took that as a cue to release her own vent up stream of laughter. But she stopped herself before it seemed like too much. "But you're so good looking, how could you not date?" she persisted, firing the question back at him, though shyly. Her eyes kept darting up to meet his but then turned away at the sight of his intense stare, did he ever blink?

She couldnt remember much of that first conversation, but he seemed genuinely impressed with the picture she'd drawn of him. Even when they turned off the cameras for a bit to recharge the batteries and clean the lenses that were foggy from the dusty wind, he kept staring at it with a small smile. "Imagine how things would have turned out if you'd shown him the picture eight years ago..." her inner voice wondered cheekily. He seemed to have forgotten their few moments of interaction at that school as much as she'd remembered them, which made her a little sad that he'd forgotten her so easily (even when she told him they attended the same middle-school) but also happy because she didn't want him to remember the girl who bothered him so much at the time anyways. It seemed that off-camera she was able to relax a lot more, she managed to keep a conversation going with him and even look him in the eyes for longer than a second. As soon as the camera switched back on though, they both changed their relaxed demanours into something of the awkward first-loves they were meant to be, not just co-starring actors discussing lines like before. And now she was in a car with him and he was trying and failing badly to help her with her seatbelt, causing her to laugh and release more of the bubbly pent-up nervousness. It was easier to relax in the car with only the small camera, and soft music playing on the radio. "Do you like extreme sports?" he asked out of nowhere, startling her away from her drifting thoughts. "It sounds like fun..." she answered happily. The idea of doing activities that would more than save them from having to converse  too much sounded good to her, and she was a little bit of a thrills-seeker admittedly. "Oh i think we're going to get along really well then..." he said excitedly, trying to turn to stare at her but having to focus on the road, which she was thankful for.