Nightmare.

unrequited love

After leaving the bathroom and watching Taemin leave, she'd called a cab for real and gone to her real home instead of the dorm rooms where the girls would be waiting with questions she didnt want to answer. Her parents had gone out that night so she would have time alone, she needed it to tink about what had jsut happened tonight. After a hot shower in which she scrubbed all traces of the night with her, she wrapped up in her blankets in her childhood bedroom and tried to forget all the scary things that came with adulthood. "Why do i only seem to attract erts?..." she thought miserably, staring at the ceiling. To tell the truth the attempted hadnt been as traumatising as she thought it would be, or maybe she was still numb. Even though it came as a shock she still had life to get on with, it wasn't like what she'd seen in the movies and read in books. She didn't feel suicidal, she didn't even feel like exacting revenge on myungsoo for stealing her innocence (though he hadn't really). She just felt a little shaken, though it was in her nature to not be too bothered by things, and she felt like after a good rest she would get over this by tomorrow, though maybe never go out alone anymore. "You're safe here..." she repeated in her head, closing her eyes. At this moment, maybe it would be best to text taemin since that always made her feel better. she got up to grab her phone and found there were already texts from him. She was touched by the messages, that he cared so much about her health and was even suggesting things that would help her get better.

"Naeun? are you okay?" Taemin pleaded through the phone. His phone's caller recognition told him who it was even before she spoke, which was helpful because nothing but crackly silence passed through the voicepiece of her phone. "Naeun?!" he sat up from his bed and started pacing, wondering why she'd called him only to not speak. Maybe she was currently choking, maybe a kidnapper had a knife to ? "Oppa... im scared" Naeun managed to gasp, causing him to completely flip out. "Where are you?! I'm coming right now!" he said, grabbing his coat and still in pyjamas and slippers, he ran for the door. "Please dont come! im not really in danger..." she said hurriedly. "I had a nightmare... and im alone in the house and i woke up scared but calling you and talking to you makes me feel better. Im sorry for worrying you so much..." she was huddled in her closet, rocking back and forth with the small device that his voice came through cradled on her lap. Taemin froze. "i... i can still come over, where are you?" he asked, hesitantly, because now that he knew she wasnt in physical danger logic was creeping into his brain telling him visiting a girl in the middle of the night wasnt a good idea. "You're not coming over!" she insisted, blinking into the darkness and relaxing a little more. She could practically see with her own eyes him smirking and leaning against the door frame. "Why not? i know you're at your family home in Hongdae because you sent me a recent picture today of you with your family, im only ten minutes away..." he teased. She snorted, she was in her right mind and starting to get sleepy again. "I'm going to sleep agai oppa, thank you again for helping me through this. I've had a lot of nightmares in the past and this is the first time i've asked someone for help about it you know" she revealed, to which he was surprised. "Really? well... thank you for opening up to me" he said softly. "you're welcome" she replied and they lulled into confortable silence. "Goodnight Naeun" he whispered, listening to her reply of well wishes and putting th ephone down when he heard the call was cut by her. He stared at the door, wondering if he should still go to her house and try to see her. Logic is sometimes a hard thing to beat, even to someone like him who often did the most reckless things and liked to put himself in the face of extreme danger. He skulked off towards the bedroom he was sleeping in alone tonight, wishing at least one of his hyungs were there. Wishing more that he were with Naeun so he could hold her and comfort her in her time of need.

In her dream she was in her bedroom when myungsoo broke into her house and tried to do to her what he'd done before. "I love you!" he kept repeating as he grabbed her. She screamed and pushed him off, running into her parents bedroom only to find them lying dead on the floor in a pool of blood. What was worse was when she turned back Myungsoo was holding a bloody knife, her name tattooed accross his back, a gruesome design he'd carved into his own flesh with the blade. He was staring at her with blood red eyes and fangs, covered in blood. Then he turned around and stood still, but he'd shifted a little to the side and her head moved, as if in slow motion, to spot a body in the distance. Covered in blood, one had outstretched towards her. The strands of hair peeking through, the silver rosary ring that matched hers glinting in the moonlight, only confirmed her worst fears. She wanted to get to him but Myungsoo was blocking the doorway, his body turned away from her. So she mustered up every ounce of courage she had and softly walked towards the back of the man, nearing the flesh tattoo which revolted her ever so slowly. When she was only a foot away, she reached out a hand to his shoulder, turning him. So many things ran through her mind, what she would do about this, how she could live without her parents, without Taemin. What she saw when she turned him came as the biggest shock and made her bolt out of her nightmare.

Tears streaming down her face, she now recalled who it was. "Oppa killed myungsoo..." she whispered, getting up and running to her closet. She closed the door and sat there huddled in her clothes, breathing in the babyish scent to calm her down. In the nightmare she'd turned the him slowly only to find... it was Taemin himself, holding the knife and covered in blood. The body in front of him was actually Myungsoo, as dead as her parents. He'd killed them all.