nothing changes

unrequited love

She stared out of the window, barely catching her reflection because of the bright sunlight shining through. The same dark eyes, smooth pale skin and long straight-hair framed face stared back at her, unremarkable in her opinion. Today was the day she would meet her fake-husband, and she was more nervous  about not knowing who he was, rather than the idea of having to be married for an unknown amount of time to a complete stranger. The cameraman next to her shifted a little, and she was suddenly brought back to earth and conscious that her every move and emotion was being captured right now. It seemed they never took a break, from the moment she'd awoken early in the morning, quietly so her members remained unaware of anything, to go into the beauty salon, a cameraman had been following and taking 3 hours of the most boring footage ever. It was more scary than irritating, she was afraid of doing something wrong or embarassing herself in front of thousands of viewers. As the plane landed she stood up to leave and got out of the plane as fast as she could, the camera-man right on her tracks as she walked through the exit towards the cabs. Thats when she froze, causing the camera-man to bump into her back. "Whats wrong?" he asked, rubbing his sore abdomen where the camera had hit him on impact with Naeun. "I left my drawing on the plane! I have to go back!" she cried, turning on he rheels and sprinting back towards the plane that was still unloading what was packed on. She still ran with the carefree abandon of a school-child, her arms and legs flailing everywhere and her hair whipping back from her pretty face. The cameraman was so stunned at her pretty figure running that he forgot to point the camera upwards, and missed a potentially hilarious moment. When she descended the plane again she was walking normally, the cameraman tilted up towards her again and she smilled gleefully, making a small cheery fist. "It's fine, i found it hehe..." she said showing the cylindrical container for her drawing. She walked back to the taxi stop and they continued on to their journey.

"Do you remember the last time you lost your drawing?" a small part of her mind seperate form herself was asking, giggling girlishly. She shushed the voice that sounded a little like herself ten years ago, jumping out of the taxi energetically and jumping lightly up the steps of the house two at a time. "It's very beautiful here..." she said aloud in awe, spinning in a daze as she took in the huge windows with sunlight streaming through, the open and airy space and light colours. "Is... ummm.... my husband" she paused at the word "husband", "is he here yet?" she asked when she found more cameramen and the director setting up on the second level of the house, where a patio and small table was set up. "He isn't" the director answered, flicking through a script, "he took the flight half an hour after yours but since he's driving himself he shouldn't be long, why dont you take a seat and i'll go over the script with you..." She nodded happily and sat at the table, as the director explained what he wanted. "Just stare off at the ocean, you're curious about your husband, nervous about who he is, what he looks like, if you two will get along..." he was in truth voicing everything she was thinking at that moment and what she would have otherwise done anyways, it was no wonder she was being complimented by the director so much for her "acting". "Now just sit like that for the next ten minutes, my assistant called him and he said he's on his way and will be here in ten minutes" the director finished talking and moved over to the cameramen to see if everything was running smoothly with the equipment. In truth she was more than a little bored now, she was used to the camera by now and the sunlight was nice, but the breeze stirring her hair and tickling her face and legs was even nicer. "Darned skirt..." she thought with a huff, using her hands to keep the fluttering material down. In truth she hated skirts, not that she wasn't girly but they were a nuisance and impractical. The director scolded her for trying to sit on the material to stop it fluttering, and she had to keep her skirt looking nice and fluttery, so she never really lost herself to the moment like she usually would, she couldn't really stare off into space because the fluttering skirt brought her back, and the skirt made her remeber the camera, the viewers...

"Why can't he get here already!" she thought, now twisting the ring on her index finger impatiently, but trying not to at the same time. She was tired and slightly annoyed, but kept as still as she could in the upright pose the director wanted. She wasn't aware of the cound of crunching gravel as light footsteps treaded carefully towards her. Was unaware of the cameramen and director who had suddenly stopped talking and were focused intently on something. She didn't notice anything until she turned, almost as if in slow motion, to a smiling face even brighter than the sunlight, blinding her and causing a scream of freight to build up in . His hair was golden like the sun now, but it was shorter so she could see his beautiful eyes clearly, his face. "You scared me!" she cried, turning away in embarassment as she stood up and took a step away from him. She was blushing furiously, though the bebe cream hid most of her colour. In her mind, all the memories came flooding back, her first and only crush, who she'd almost forgotten about until now. With a small whisper she turned back to him, inaudible even to his ears, "it really is you... Lee Taemin..."