Facing your fears

unrequited love

In the early morning light she willed herself out of bed, sighing in apprehension because she knew... today was the day. "Are you goin to see Taemin today?" Eunji mumbled, lifting her head and sleepily dropping it back onto the pillow. "yeah unnie, we're filming over two days and this is the first..." she lied easily, tying her hair back into a bun and putting on her dark shades and hat. She looked conspicuous and up to something in her plain black jeans and grey sweater, but Eunji was too tired to notice and so she sneaked out of the dorm with ease.

"You can do it..." Naeun breathed in deeply, closing her eyes and going over the directions once again. She was heading somewhere idols should never go, let alone women. She was heading somewhere to meet the person who had affected her life completely but for reasons she barely remembered now. She didn't really know why today had to be the day, but after dreaming last night for the nth time about being attacked by someone at her bed, she woke and had an epiphany. "He did it..." she whispered in shock, turning to her favourite photograph of her parents from years ago when they were still together and happy. She could barely make out the faces in the dark but she reached out to where her father was. "You made me like this...." she stated sadly, the photograph. They were memories she'd repressed as part of her childhood, after hundreds of sessions with child therapists that she'd grown up with and eventually a hypnotist who almost made her forget. But he still came to her in her dreams, and her time spent with Taemin and Myungsoo (the not drunk sweeter Myungsoo who her memory of was tarnished by the incident) had made her realise that some men could be trusted, but it also made her realise why she was so strange about their touch. A recurring dream she'd had even as a child, Naeun could never see the face of her attacker, but she knew who it must be. And everything started making sense and came to her in a huge overwhelming rush. The reason her father was in jail all these years without bail (her mother told her and her sister it was because he'd been an abusive husband... but it was more than that). The reason her father's family was so cold and stiff towards her and her sister whenever they visited over holidays.The reason why her mother had never allowed them to visit their father as children (she had said he didn't want to see them and she refused to take them there). But she was an adult now and could decide these things for herself. And she'd decided she needed to face him.