what you do to me...

unrequited love

"Sit still!" Taemin insisted, bringing his face closer and closer towards hers and trying to get her used to the close contact. Naeun's face was so red her white makeup had now turned pink, palms sweating as she forced herself not to back away but failed. The intimacy of this moment was being caught on camera for thousands of viewers and it was making her even more nervous. Finally, she pushed her body as far away from him as she could to the other side of the couch so they were several feet apart. "I think we should wait until the photoshoot!" she squeaked, still giddy from him trying to kiss her. He frowned annoyedly, crossing his legs and leaning forward with his head propped gracefully on one hand. "Do i make you nervous?" he asked cutely, looking just as excited himself for being able to do things like this to a girl. "He has thousands of fangirls yet he acts like he doesn't have a clue he has the same effect on everyone of them just from his stage performances, how could he not know? he must be playing with me..." she though pessimistically, pouting as she sat up properly again. "What are you thinking about?" he asked, now cutely leaning his head down on one of the cushions, near her lap. He stared at her with cute eys like a puppydog, but behind them she saw devious intent, as if he was going to try to trap her and attempt to kiss her again. "you ARE making me nervous! cant we wait until the photoshoot and practice these things right before?" she pleaded, now fighting back with aegyo of her own as she puffed up her cheeks and rested her chin on both of her hands. He stared at her, it looked like the aegyo was taking effect. "but how come you find it so hard to kiss me?!" he whined, turning his body so he was lying on the majority of the couch, she was just glad he was facing away from her because his stare was unsettling to her. "you've kissed other guys and i bet you didnt have half the trouble..." he mumbled, pouting exactly the same way as she had been doing earlier. she knew him well enough now to know there was a tiny smirk on his face though she couldnt see it. The jealousy was supposedly scripted, they were told to bring up subjects that would make eachother jealous like Taemin's love-interest in the drama he'd recently guest starred in, or Naeun's past roles in several drama's and her male co-stars who she'd gotten cosy with on camera. They'd discussed how the episode they were filming for would turn out, she knew he would talk about her past, she didn't think however he'd use it to make her feel guilty like this. In fact the whole idea of them kissing came out of nowhere, sometimes his forwardness was surprising and other times he was even shyer than her (for instance when she'd had to leave him in the kitchen with the other two on-screen wives). He had planned this though, she knew. She could see it in his eyes when he first suggested they practice poses for the photoshoot.

"So you cant kiss me but you can kiss them! why?!" he continued, so again she snapped back out of her thoughts and turned towards her "husband", who hadnt even realised she hadn't been listening. "I never kissed them, they kissed me." she said finally, averting her eyes when he suddenly sat up and turned to her. "Really? so you've never actually kissed anyone of your own will then?" she nodded quietly and his exxpression changed from a frown to one of wonder. "I know oppa is a guy, and they usually have to initiate things like that so you've probably had to kiss girls in drama's..." "No! i've never willingly kissed a girl before! i mean it was only ever because i had to, i never enjoyed or really wanted to kiss any of those girls!" he insisted, inching towards her but so slowly she didn't notice. "Oppa has never kissed?" she asked, surprised. "Never" he confirmed, leaning his face towards hers while she was too busy thinking again. She was so distracted she didn't even notice his lips had landed chastely on hers, but he pulled away so quickly she didn't have time to react. It had been brief, not icky but sweet. Though she was unsure at that moment, later on that night she recalled what it felt like and how enjoyable it was. "Well i still didn't kiss you!" she exclaimed, standing up and going over to the cameramen and director.

"Are you really going to include this footage in the airing episode?" she asked the director, who gave a coy smile and leaned back with a laugh. "Why not? This was your first kiss as a fake married couple, it needs to be shown to the world!" he insisted, patting her shoulder. "Don't worry about your image sweety, it won't be ruined..." She shook her head and turned back to her so-called husband. "It's him i'm worried about, he looked like a total ert on camera and i don't even to see the footage to know it" she stated, making everyon in the room's jaws dropped. "I WAS SO NOT A ERT!" he yelled, going over to her in anger. She ignored him still and kept facing the director. "Please edit the film so it looks like i tried to lead him onto the kiss sir, i think i looked innocent enough to only want the kiss and nothing more..." she turned and glared at him, crossing her arms. "Do you know how bad you looked? it was like you wanted to strip for me right in front of the camera!"

Suddenly he was clutching his stomach, laughing and trying hard not to shed tears that would smudge his eyeliner. "Whats so funny?!" Naeun asked now, annoyed that he wasn't taking her words seriously. He didn't answer, but when she turned to walk away from him he clamped a hand over mouth and grabbed her hand, dragging her kicking and screaming (though the muffled pleas of help went unnoticed by the staff) upstairs until they were in the bedroom with the ridiculously small bed. He released her and closed and locked the door behind them, only lightly chuckling now. She felt like screaming at him even more, but the look on his face was intense, a stare even more scorching than myungsoo's. "You know, at that moment i really did want to strip for you" he teased, moving along the walls of the room as she backed up towards the door leading out to the terrace. He moved with lithe grace, dark pants that hugged his legs showing every sinewy muscle of his lean frame, the black shirt hugging his body. He looked like a cat stalking his pray, and right now she was a baby bird that had fallen far from the safety of the nest. "I didn't know i looked bad though, would you mind telling me exactly what was wrong?" he asked innocently, suddenly lifting his shirt slowly. She caught a peek of his tummy, flat and toned with smooth skin and sleek few hairs below his bellybutton. "NO!" she screamed, ducking her head and curling into a ball by the door to the terrace. She didn't want to see more. "Leave me alone! I dont want to be married to you anymore!" she cried.