bad dreams...

unrequited love

He didn't sleep well for the next few nights, tossing and turning so much in his bed that his hyungs noticed and looked at eachother puzzled. After the third day of this Minho was looking down at the maknae from the bunk bed above, seeing the frown on his face and the shine of perspiration across his forehead. Pulling the blanket over himself tocontain the light from his cellphone screen, he silently texted the other members who were only a bed away since speaking aloud would probably wake their dongsaeng who was a light sleeper. "Didn't he go over to Naeun's family home for dinner last week?" Jonghyun revealed to the other members, being the only one previously who knew since Taemin wanted him to cover for him when the manager asked. Key gasped and held a hand to his mouth, "really?! thats such a big thing for them!" he said in disbelief. Minho threw a pillow at him to be quiet and went back to his phone. "He wasn't happy when he came in the door though like he usually is after seeing her" Onew texted, "maybe they had an argument". "No doubt it was Taemin's fault, he's so clueless about relationships..." Key texted, a comment they all agreed with. "To be fair they both are..." jonghyun replied and again they all nodded at eachother. He was still fretting in his sleep, engrossed in a nightmare. "I can hear him saying something" Onew said in a hushed voice, getting off his bed and moving to lean over Taemin so he could hear his mumbling more clearly. The others crept off their beds and tiptoed over as well, gathering around the bed. "Dont.. touch her..." he groaned, twisting his blanket around his body. he kicked and lashed out to the side. "Dont touch who Taeminnie?" Key whispered into his ear, making his frown even deeper. "Your daughter... leave her alone or i'll kill you!" he reached around and grabbed Key by the neck, pulling him into a chokehold. "He's got me!" Key gasped, pulling back on the surprising strength that wasn't letting go. Onew leaped onto the maknae and shook him until he woke while Jonghyun went for the lights and Minho tried to loosen Taemin's vice-like grip. He shook his head and sat up, looking around at the members who were staring at him standing around in their bedclothes and Key at his lap, massaging his own neck. "What are you doing?" he asked. The others looked at eachother nervously. "You were having a nightmare and when Key got up to check on you you grabbed him" Jonghyun said. "Oh... sorry hyung" Taemin patted Key's head who, after he felt his neck didn't hurt anymore, grabbed Taemin by the neck as well. "How dare you do that! you really wanna die huh?!" he asked, pulling the maknae off the bed. "Hyung stop!" Taemin cried while the others laughed, relaxing now. "So who was this in your dream huh? and why did you tell him to stay away from his daughter?" Key got up from where he'd pinned him on his back and sat on his bed. "What?" he replied with, getting up and back on his bed. He hid his shocked expression at how much he'd revealed. He really needed to control what he said, even in his dreams. "You were telling someone to keep away from their daughter or you'd kill them, wonder what he did to have you on their case..." Minho said with a chuckle, climbing back to the top bunk. "That sounds like really weird dream, i cant even remember what it was anymore..." Taemin lied, rolling over to the side so they didn't see his worried expression. In fact he remembered vividly a large but faceless man, holding the shoulder of a girl with long dark hair. The girl was crying and trying to run away, but he wouldnt let her go. That was what made him angry, but he didnt exist in the dream and was just an observer so he didnt know what he could do. When the girl showed her face and it was Naeun, it made him more than angry, he became desperate to save her. "But she's not in danger, she's back at the dorm now and she's safe..." he reminded himself. He pulled his phone out from under the pillow and stared at the screen, wondering if she were asleep. "You're not awake are you?" he texted, holding his breath. He let it out in happiness because she replied so quickly. "I am, im watching tv with the unnies. Whats up oppa?" "I just wanted to talk because i cant sleep..." Naeun's heart fluttered, so he thought about her when he couldn't sleep, it was cute. "Dont you have an early schedule tomorrow? you should try to sleep anyway..." she said sternly. "Keke so you know my schedule? >_<" she blushed, realising she'd been keeping track of his and SHINee's activities recently. "I saw SHINee on the preview of weekly idol and i like that show" she replied quickly. "Well you should sleep as well since the rest of apink needs their beauty rest for their comeback stage ;) " this didn't help her face which had turned from pink to red at the comment. "Thank you for keeping track of our activities, are you getting sleepy yet?" "No". She rolled her eyes but didn't know how she could help. "I cnat do anything about that but you need to sleep!" "Call me and sing to me..." he texted, making her cry out loud "WHAT?!" "what is it naueun?" Bomi asked, continuing to eat popcorn. "Nothing, i was watching the show and misheard something..." the three members turned back and she sighed, returning to her conversation with taemin. "i cant sing to you my unnies are in the room :P" she feigned as an excuse. "go into another room :P and dont say goodnight like i know you want to now or i'll be angry" he replied, which made her groan. "I'm going to bed early" she said, stretching and faking a yawn. "Night!" the members bid her goodnight and turned back to the television as she walked into the bedroom. Luckily she shared her room with Chorong and Eunji, who were both still in the living room. It had only been two minutes but he kept texting, asking her where she was and why she wasn't talking. "Are you alone?" she finally texted, and he quickly said "no but i can go out into the living room if you want".