Balance Restored

Tongue Tied

A/N: Hey guys, long time no see! Thank you so much for your subs, comments, votes and most of all, your patience! Life has been...full of ups and downs lately and I haven't really been in any mood to write. For now, I am trying to get my groove back. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy this chapter! It's been a long time coming and it's about 4k in length. I thought about making the last part rated but I decided against it. We'll see if maybe I'll change that in the future. Please tell me what you think and once again, thanks!

The girls stayed behind to help the volunteers clean up the auditorium and the foyer where all the snack booths were set up. It was a suggestion made by Seohyun and although everyone had whined and groaned at first, all she had to do was pout and puff her cheeks.

“My cute Hyunnie, always thinking of others first!” Yoona swooned, her hand over her chest as she watched Seohyun help someone move some tables in the foyer.

They had split up their efforts, Tiffany, Jessica, and Yuri in the auditorium while she, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Min were in the foyer.

As she continued to watch Seohyun, the two made eye contact. But before Yoona could wave and wink at her beloved, the younger had something to say first.

“Yoongie stop slacking off,” Seohyun said with a shake of her head, seeing that her girlfriend was just standing there.

“Not so cute now, huh?” Hyoyeon commented before bursting into laughter, her own girlfriend giggling after as they moved a table themselves.

“Shush,” Yoona growled as she went back to picking up tossed around programs.

Meanwhile, Tiffany and Jessica were clutching each other closely as they screamed for Yuri to come over and kill a bug. Normally the girl would be laughing at the other two but she was too busy covering her ears to find the situation funny.

With a sigh, she bent over and reached out her hand, allowing the small spider to crawl onto her hand peacefully.

“What are you doing? Kill it!” Jessica shrieked, horrified that Yuri would even dare to touch the disgusting creature.

“Aw, we can’t do that,” Yuri cooed, looking at the spider closely. “Come on, it’s barely harmful.” She placed her hand closer to the two girls and received a kick into the gut and a shriek so loud that she was so sure her ears were bleeding now.

“Ladies!” Yuri groaned, clutching her stomach and looking up at the guilty party. “What was that for?”

“Tiffany kicked you,” Jessica mumbled, getting down from the seat and wrapping her arms around Yuri. She rubbed the girl’s torso in an attempt to soothe her.

“She’s the one who broke your ear buds though,” Tiffany grumbled, shaking her head at the couple. It looked like Yuri instantly forgot the pain because the two instantly engaged in a lip lock.

Tiffany pretended to gag at the sight and turned around to continue their little clean up job. But as soon as she bent over, she heard a familiar voice.

“Oh, surprisingly they’re blue.”

“Byuntae!” Tiffany screamed, her face instantly red. But her anger quickly disappeared when she saw Taeyeon making her way over, that smiling face making her actions easy to forgive.

“You guys really don’t have to do this,” Taeyeon commented, opening her arms for Tiffany to run into. “I mean, they are getting volunteer hours for this.”

“We didn’t want to,” Jessica stated bluntly, her head leaning onto Yuri’s shoulder. “I’m tired…”

“Seohyun made us help out,” Yuri laughed, “It wasn’t really too bad until your girlfriend kicked me in the gut.”

“Wait what?” Taeyeon’s eyes grew wide, “Why did you kick her?”

“That’s not what’s important right now Tae,” Tiffany smoothly moved the conversation, batting her eyelashes at her girlfriend before moving onto an eye smile. “Tell us the status of those two right now!”

Jessica’s tired energy instantly melted away as she remembered the rather dramatic curtain closing after Sunny’s act. None of them besides Taeyeon got to see what exactly happened. She leaned towards Taeyeon, her full attention up.

“Well…”

“That ert watched us make out,” Sunny interrupted them, chuckling and delighting in the redness of Sooyoung’s face.

“When I noticed she was there, I threw my shoe at her,” Sooyoung growled, glaring at the shorter but older girl. “Would it have killed you to give us some privacy?”

“Hey! I was legitimately shocked!” Taeyeon said in her defence, raising her arms up. “I thought maybe Sooyoung was beating you up, Soonkyu. Until I…heard otherwise.”

“Shut up!” Sooyoung screamed, almost lurching forward to punch the girl in the face.

“Come on Sooyoungie, you know she’s just joking around,” Sunny chuckled, holding Sooyoung back.

“So what does this mean?” Tiffany asked excitedly, folding her hands together and doing her utmost best to hold in her squeaks of excitement.

“Are you guys back together again?” Yuri asked hopefully, her eyes lighting up at the two girls. After all of the drama of the night, some good news would make the perfect ending.

“I can’t say anything,” Sunny shrugged, turning over to Sooyoung, “It’s all up to her.”

The two made eye contact and Sunny pleaded with her eyes. Sooyoung said she wasn’t going to go and to top it off, they had kissed with more passion than she’s felt throughout their entire relationship. She had been breathless at the time and while Sooyoung’s face was red and her eyes were spilling with tears, the two never made a final, official agreement.

Sooyoung could almost melt into Sunny’s gaze. Her knees suddenly felt weak and she could see glimpses of Sungmin again. How could she be so silly, so stubborn? How much pain had Sunny gone through while she was sorting herself out? It was too late to apologize, but now was her chance to make up for lost time.

“Is this a drama or what? Say something already!” Jessica whined, slapping Sooyoung on the shoulder. “So what’s the verdict?”

Taeyeon had to cover to conceal her laughter while Tiffany buried her face into her girlfriend’s shoulder. Seeing Sooyoung so embarrassed and vulnerable somehow seemed so funny. Normally she would be the snark, the one making fun of them, the one waggling her eyes brows or ruining a tender moment by chewing too loudly. But now here she was, looking like a 14 year old making the decision to be in her first relationship or not.

“Do you still have the butterfly?” Sooyoung asked a little quietly, as if she didn’t want the extra audience to hear her.

Sunny fished her pockets for her phone before pulling it out to show the green butterfly charm dangling off it.

“Never took it off,” Sunny admitted, although she should have the second Sooyoung kicked her out of her house. But she couldn’t and she wouldn’t and it was a good thing she didn’t.

Sooyoung reached for her phone as well and took it out to show Sunny. The charm was still there.

Sensing the need for privacy, Taeyeon nudged Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri so that they could make their way out of there. Although Jessica showed resistence, wanting to see the two officially get together, she finally budged and the four made their way to the foyer.

Sunny smiled in appreciation at Taeyeon and the other girl just winked back, a sign of good luck.

The two walked back over to the stage. Although she was short, Sunny had no problem hopping onto the stage’s edge. With her strength she lifted Sooyoung onto the stage as well and the two sat side by side, swinging their legs. In their hands they held their cellphones, the butterfly charms dangling, the plastic clanging against each other, and suddenly they felt like little kids again.

“Do you remember when we bought this?” Sooyoung asked, smiling brightly at Sunny. Her eyes twinkled as she reminisced the event, it was so long ago.

“Do you mean, when I bought this?” Sunny laughed, nudging Sooyoung lightly.

“Oh yeah,” Sooyoung chuckled at herself before shaking her head, remembering how desperate she was asking for Sunny to buy her the lame little charms. It was funny how the one who had bought it for her ended up being the one who received it in the end. It was almost as if it was destiny that brought them together.

Silence dawned upon them again, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. Sunny had made the move to grab Sooyoung’s hand and intertwined their fingers, squeezing the taller girl’s hand like it was the most precious thing.

“What’s on your mind?” Sunny then asked, her thumb gently caressing the surface of Sooyoung’s hand. Her hand was so soft although a little clammy, Sunny could tell that the other girl was quite nervous.

“Nothing much,” Sooyoung replied in almost a whisper, her cheeks burning up, “Just you, I guess.” She took in a deep breath and scooted a bit closer to Sunny, their shoulders bumping as she placed their intertwined hands onto her lap.

“What about me?” Sunny asked cheekily, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

“About how amazing you are,” Sooyoung started, refusing to look back at Sunny, “I hurt you so much and yet you’re here, smiling at me, holding my hand, loving me like nothing bad happened.”

This time Sunny let go of her hand and instead, grabbed Sooyoung’s shoulder, turning her body towards her. After a little kiss on her cheek, Sunny pulled the younger girl into a hug.

“Youngie, when you gave me that butterfly charm and deemed me worthy of being your boyfriend, your lover, you activated something in me. That was the night I was going to tell you everything, and that was the night when everything was revealed . I realized then that even if you hated me, even if you detested me for lying to you, that I was the person who you chose was worthy enough for your love.”

Sooyoung could feel tears welling up in her eyes again as she wrapped her arms around Sunny’s waist, pulling the girl closer to her.

“And it hurt me to have hurt you and I know you were hurt from hurting me too, so let’s just move on from that, okay? What I need to know now is if you’ll truly accept me, Lee Sunny, Lee Soonkyu, as your girlfriend, as your best friend and your lover. Can you do that?”

Sooyoung chuckled a little as she grasped Sunny tighter, “You’re making it sound like we’re getting married.”

“I think we’re still too young for that,” Sunny giggled in return, her fingers dancing along Sooyoung’s back, tickling her.

“I would mind doing that too, actually,” Sooyoung replied shyly, closing her eyes as she focused on Sunny’s small touches. “I wouldn’t mind marrying you one day.”

The blonde girl’s eyes widened as she let go of Sooyoung and looked her straight in the eye, “Wait, does that mean?”

“It means yes, you dork,” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out, giving Sunny a tear stained wink.

Immediately, Sunny wrapped her arms around Sooyoung again and pressed her lips against hers. The kiss was firm at first, Sunny’s urgency clear for Sooyoung to feel. But then it turned soft as the girls lost themselves in the lip lock.

Feeling full of confidence, Sunny traced Sooyoung’s bottom lip with her tongue, earning a moan from the younger girl. But as she was about to press her tongue further in, Sooyoung pulled away, her face completely red.

“Oh God,” she grumbled, holding her face in her hands. She can’t believe she just moaned!

Sunny snorted, finally understanding why their kiss was stopped so short.

“You don’t have to be so embarrassed,” she chuckled, shaking her head. She wrapped an arm around Sooyoung shoulders and pulled her in closer before whispering, “I thought it was really y.”

“Okay ladies!” Taeyeon shouted, placing a hand on both of their shoulders.

“Way to ruin the moment,” Sunny groaned, looking up at her best friend before sticking her tongue out.

“While I did enjoy the show- ow! I think you two better come along now.”

Taeyeon got smacked on the back of her head thanks to Tiffany but she didn’t mind it much for her focus was on a still very red faced Sooyoung. She’d leave her alone, for now, as the group had decided to meet up in the lobby.

Hyoyeon had to head out first, her arm being pulled frantically by her girlfriend.

“Come on, babe we got to hurry! Kwonnie told me that if we don’t get out in two minutes he’s leaving,” Min cried, not wanting to get stranded. “Sorry to steal her away so early ladies but that man is very much serious.”

“It’s okay unnie, but we’ll see you soon, right?” Seohyun asked, hands pressed tightly together.

“Don’t worry Hyunnie, I’ll make sure Min can make it to our next get together. Anyway, good job tonight girls and I’ll see you at school!”

As Hyoyeon and Min ran off to their designated car, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Sooyoung arrived.

“Oh no, did we miss Hyo?” Taeyeon asked with a frown, “She’s gonna be last to know about the big news.”

“Big news?” Yoona chirped up, her ears practically twitching.

“Big news?” Jessica repeated, Yuri following after her and suddenly everyone’s attention was on Sunny who had her arm wrapped around Sooyoung’s waist.

“It’s official guys,” Sooyoung announced, her smile wide and her cheeks flushed, “Sunny and I are a couple now.”

Within seconds the group of friends started hollering, yelling, screaming and jumping up and down. Sunny let go of Sooyoung’s waist as she started dancing along with Yuri and Yoona, celebrating the good news.

Sooyoung on the other hand covered her face in embarrassment, “Is it too late to take it back?”

Tiffany giggled as she gave Sooyoung a hug from the side, her own girlfriend joining in on the group of goofy dancers in the centre. “Shh, they make look like idiots but they’re our idiots.”

Seohyun hugged her unnie from the other side, her light laugh barely heard over the others’ loud voices. “I’m so happy for you two,” she squealed, rubbing her face into Sooyoung’s shoulder.

Jessica, not wanting to feel left out decided to hug Sooyoung from behind, nuzzling her face into the taller girl’s back. “It’s about damn time.”

After such a long and tiring night, the girls separated as they were picked up by their parents and respective guardians. Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny were the only three left.

Sooyoung was on the phone with her mother while the two shorties were having their own private discussion.

“I know I said you could sleep over but I kind of invited Sooyoung over tonight. My mom and dad are still waiting for me outside so we’ll be heading off once you get picked up.”

Taeyeon feigned a sigh of disappointment, rolling her eyes, “Boo, so you’re going to abandon me for your new girlfriend?” She placed her hands on her hips for extra effect.

Sunny simply pouted, making her eyes watery to make herself look extra pitiful and adorable.

“Oh you know I’m just kidding,” Taeyeon teased, giving Sunny one last hug before heading out. “Goodnight Sunny, goodnight Sooyoung! You two be safe now!”

Luckily enough for Sooyoung, she had just hung up on her mother after getting permission to sleep over at Sunny’s house. Her cheeks turned a rosy colour as she waved goodbye to Taeyeon with a frown.

“You don’t have to be so loud!” Sooyoung cried out in embarrassment, her frown breaking into a smile as Taeyeon stuck her tongue out in retaliation.

The ride home was rather smooth, Sunny’s parents asking Sooyoung how she was and Sooyoung responding each question with ease. Once they arrived back at the Lee residence, Sunny’s parents left the not so new couple alone as they got ready for bed.

“You can go ahead,” Sunny offered, handing Sooyoung one of her oversized shirts for her to change into.

“Thanks,” Sooyoung replied happily, excited to get out of her evening wear. Because of the long night she was covered in sweat and really wanted to get out of her clothes. But the biggest reason she wanted to get changed was because she really missed sleeping in one of Sunny’s shirts.

Sunny quickly got changed in her own room, taking off her vest and dress shirt and pants and changing into a tank top and shorts. Once she was done, she flopped onto her bed face first, letting the soft sheets embrace her tired body.

It had been a very long night.

“Sunny?” Sooyoung called out, poking her head from out of the bathroom door.

“Come on back in Youngie, don’t be shy,” Sunny replied, turning over before sitting up from her spot. “This bed is big enough for two.”

Once Sooyoung stepped out of the bathroom, Sunny’s eyes couldn’t help but check her out, from her cute feet to her long legs, to her hands, gripping tightly onto the bottom of her long shirt.

“Did I not give you shorts?” Sunny asked, eyes slightly wide when she managed to see the top of Sooyoung’s thighs, making her head a little dizzy.

“No, but it’s okay,” Sooyoung responded, trying to sound confident despite the obvious rosy colour in her cheeks. “I don’t mind.”

“Mind turning off the lights before coming over?” Sunny asked, opening the blankets for herself and leaving space for Sooyoung.

“Yeah, sure.”

As Sooyoung felt her way towards Sunny’s bed, she silently cursed the girl for not being the one to turn off the lights. It’s been ages since she’s been in that room and despite the small light given to her by the moon, she was certain she was going to trip, fall and embarrass herself. But before she could, two arms wrapped around her and pulled her towards the bed, her body soon colliding with soft sheets.

“Hey stranger,” Sunny cooed before kissing Sooyoung on her nose.

“I almost screamed!” Sooyoung whined, pushing Sunny away, but her strength could not be matched. “You meany!”

Sunny would’ve been worried about angering Sooyoung if it wasn’t for her giggling through everything. She eventually started tickling the younger girl and soon enough the two started wrestling underneath the sheets, their giggles thankfully muffled by the array of sheets and pillows.

Eventually the two grew tired of their childish shenanigans and Sunny found herself on top of Sooyoung, knees on either side of the younger girl’s stomach, her hands resting on both sides of her head.

“Am I dreaming?” Sunny asked suddenly, feeling breathless not only from their little toss and turn session.

Instead of answering, Sooyoung raised her hand up to gently caress Sunny’s face.

“I should be asking the same thing,” Sooyoung answered with a soft smile. She then brought her other hand to gently cup Sunny’s face, bringing the girl down to kiss her.

Their kiss started off soft, tender like most of their kisses before it turned urgent. Sunny heard Sooyoung moan again and she smiled into the kiss before using her tongue to invade the mouth of the girl under her. Sooyoung gladly opened up, feelings tingles fill her entire being when their tongue touched.

They melted into each other, their kiss lasting until they couldn’t breathe anymore.

Sunny separated first, her heart beating so fast she was sure it was going to burst out of her chest.

“Wow,” Sooyoung breathed, a dreamy smile splayed across her face. “Let’s do that again, shall we?”

Sunny giggled as Sooyoung pulled on her shirt, bringing her as close to her ar possible. Sunny fell into the younger girl, her arms wrapped firmly around her waist while Sooyoung wrapped her own arms around Sunny’s neck. Once again the two became lost in each other, lips not leaving lips and hands wandering to explore every inch of their bodies.

Feeling brave, Sunny’s hand grabbed the hem of Sooyoung’s shirt and lifted it slowly, her fingers beginning to caress the soft skin of the girl beneath her. Sooyoung responded with a moan, her body twitching under Sunny’s ministrations.

“Was that,” Sunny breathed, her hand not leaving Sooyoung’s stomach, “Is this…okay?”

“Yes,” Sooyoung replied with a sigh, her own hands coming up to scratch at Sunny’s clothes, “I think…I think this is okay.”

“I love you,” Sunny said before leaving light kisses along Sooyoung’s lips, to her cheeks, to her jawline to her neck.

“I love you too,” Sooyoung sighed as she enjoyed the feathery touch of Sunny’s lips.

It was in that moment that Sooyoung truly realized that she had loved Sunny all along. And it was under Sunny’s kisses, under Sunny’s touches that she also realized how natural it all felt to mould into one person with Sunny, to  be so intimate, to be so loved. It didn’t matter if she was straight, heck it didn’t even matter if she was a girl and Sunny was a girl, it wouldn’t even matter if Sunny was an alien from outer space.

What mattered was that they loved each other very much, and the feeling of being whole that enveloped them both.

She was snapped back to reality when Sunny removed her shirt, revealing bare top half to Sooyoung. The younger girl couldn’t help but gasp at the sight before her, her face feeling even hotter than she could possibly imagine.

“Can I see you too?” Sunny whispered, her hands gripping tightly onto the hem of Sooyoung’s shirt.

Sooyoung could only nod, her eyes closed tight as Sunny pulled the material off her. Soon she felt cold, the night breeze from the window blowing directly onto her skin, giving her more goosebumps.

“You’re absolutely stunning,” Sunny said, her hands smoothing over Sooyoung’s stomach.

Still, Sooyoung remained speechless, absolutely embarrassed and absolutely unsure of what to do now.

“Don’t be shy Sooyoungie, I’ll lead the way.”

The night lasted a lot longer than the two girls anticipated, but it only made the next morning that much more wonderful.

The two awoke in each other’s arms, and glowing from their activities from the night before. Sunny kissed Sooyoung’s forehead, smiling into her skin and adoring the sensation of being so close, so intimate to Sooyoung even the morning after. It only proved that this wasn’t all a dream.

The two giggled as they began to talk about the night before, Sunny teasing Sooyoung about the noises she made, how sensitive she was, and Sooyoung shoving Sunny to the side, wanting her to stop.

“Like you were quiet!” Sooyoung groaned, pushing Sunny so much that she even fell off the bed, her bare bottom touching the ground.

Unfortunately, the two were so tangled up in each other that they barely noticed the door swing open, revealing a cheerful Taeyeon.

“Hey Sunny! Your parents let me in. The girls decided that we should all get some celebratory- Oh my God Sunny why are you ?!”