Don't Look At Me Like That

Tongue Tied

Another week passed with general ease. The group’s dynamic didn’t change much due to couple’s breakup. Or so it seemed to most people.

 

 

 

Tiffany was glad that things smoothed over easily. She always prayed for as little drama as possible since the school was ending so soon. She would be graduating and so would most of her other friends. They would have one last summer together before splitting up to their respective universities. As sad as it was, she wanted to focus on the now.

 

 

 

But as the days went by she noticed something awkward developing between her friends Jessica and Taeyeon. However, neither of them went to their best friend Tiffany for advice! She felt that maybe the week was enough time to leave them alone. She planned on talking to Jessica first since they decided to study together at the library that Saturday.

 

 

 

The two girls were walking through the fairly quiet facility and looked for a good group table to work at. That’s when Tiffany felt a tug on her hand.

 

 

 

She turned to see Jessica running and pulling her behind a book shelf.

 

 

 

“What was that for?” Tiffany half whispered, half yelled. She pouted at her friend and looked in the direction she was looking. And that’s when she saw it. Sooyoung, Sungmin and Taeyeon were studying just a few tables away but luckily neither of them saw the two.

 

 

 

“Why are we hiding?” Tiffany asked, but Jessica didn’t look at her.

 

 

 

“We can’t bother them,” Jessica whispered back, her eyes focused on Taeyeon who was really close to Sungmin as the two looked at Sooyoung’s textbook. “Did they really break up?”

 

 

 

Tiffany sighed, “Jessie, they’re our friends. Let’s just hang out with them and quit your jealous act. Just ask Tae to be your girlfriend and get this over with!”

 

 

 

Jessica just shook her head and finally made eye contact with Tiffany, “It’s not that easy.”

 

 

 

Tiffany pulled Jessica to another section of the library and sat her down, “Here, let’s study here and pretend they’re not there okay? We can talk and work, right?” She offered Jessica her best eye smile and she replied with a soft one.

 

 

 

A half an hour passed and Tiffany was getting impatient with her homework. She wanted to shove it aside and chat up a storm with Jessica but she knew she couldn’t do that. She thought carefully about what exactly there was to talk about and what questions would get proper answers. She knew Jessica would be honest with her but how much was she willing to talk about?

 

 

 

“You’re close to Taengoo, right?” Jessica suddenly asked, not looking up from her art history textbook.

 

 

 

Tiffany tilted her head just a bit before opening slightly in surprise, “What? Of course! You’re close to her too.”

 

 

 

Jessica shook her head, “But you guys have a different relationship, I know. It’s like how all 8 of us are really close friends but we don’t have the same relationship with each other.”

 

 

 

Tiffany nodded slowly, “I think I know what you mean.” She bit her lip and leaned in closer to Jessica, “But yeah, I am close to TaeTae, why?”

 

 

 

“What do you think she thinks of me?” she asked a little hesitant, but she made sure her voice didn’t quiver at all. She needed to show that she didn’t care all that much about it. At least not in the middle of a library.

 

 

 

Tiffany rested her head on her arms that were leaning on the table, “She loves you, that’s for sure. I mean have you seen the way she looks at you?”

 

 

 

“No,” Jessica answered immediately, “Every time I look at her she looks away.”

 

 

 

“Well, everyone knows you guys still have the same feelings,” Tiffany’s voice was soft and she smiled slightly at her friend who pretended to be paying attention to her studies, “It’s been clear since the mini victory dance you did after they broke up.”

 

 

 

Jessica’s face immediately turned red, “Yah! Only you know about that! Keep it down why don’t you?”

 

 

 

Suddenly there was a snicker heard from a table across from them. Tiffany and Jessica looked up to see two guys in high school uniforms studying. Perhaps the sound was from them? They looked too proper and who wore a uniform on a Saturday? They shrugged it off however.

 

 

 

Little to their knowledge, Yoona and Seohyun had a fun habit of dressing up every other Saturday. Today since Yoona had a huge test on the Monday, Seohyun thought it would be fun to dress up as students. They were already students, Yoona protested, not wanting to study. But Seohyun insisted on them being guys for the day and Yoona eventually caved in. How could she say no?

 

 

 

They were both wearing short haired wigs and occasionally looked over at their unnies’ table. They could hear everything.

 

 

 

“Are you sure we should be eavesdropping?” Seohyun whispered to her oppa.

 

 

 

“Come on Hyunnie, this is interesting stuff! Don’t you want to know what’s been going on with Sica unnie and Taeyeon unnie?” Yoona whispered back a little more loudly.

 

 

 

Seohyun put a finger to her lips and shushed her best friend, “Yoona unnie! They’ll heard you if you’re not careful!”

 

 

 

Yoona sighed and nodded apologetically at Seohyun before the two went back to pretending to study. Something Yoona much enjoyed.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Yuri was sweating like crazy. She and Hyoyeon had gone over the entire routine five times but she kept screwing up one way or another. It was driving her crazy and it was driving someone else crazy.

 

 

 

“Yuri-ah! What’s wrong with you today?” Hyoyeon asked as she dabbed herself with a towel, “Are you thinking about that assignment you have due on Monday? I thought you said you finished it!”

 

 

 

Yuri shook her head before taking a sip of water, “I’m fine, I’m just fine I’m sorry. I’ll get it right this time.”

 

 

 

Hyoyeon frowned at her friend’s words, “You’ve been off all week Yuri, don’t think I haven’t noticed. The other girls and Sungmin might not have but I did.” She sat down next to Yuri who was placing her face in her hands now.

 

 

 

“I don’t know! It’s nothing I’m probably just getting stressed out or something. I’ve been missing a lot in basketball too,” her practice in the morning didn’t go very well. Her practices all week were going wrong.

 

 

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t be on so many times,” Hyoyeon offered with a shrug, “You’re usually able to handle it but I guess senior year is hard?”

 

 

 

Yuri growled, “I was fine just until this week. Maybe I’m sick?”

 

 

 

Hyoyeon shrugged again, “I don’t know, Yul. Let’s just call it a day for now and go get something to eat, yeah?”

 

 

 

Yuri nodded and followed Hyoyeon silently to her kitchen.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Sooyoung was going crazy. The entire week she had been so absorbed in her thoughts that she hadn’t thought of how to get Sungmin to fall madly in love with her. If she waited too long, he’d probably never look at her like a potential girlfriend. With every day that they grow close, she’s afraid that he’s only going to look at her like a younger sister.

 

 

 

She hated the way he looked at her. His eyes were so bright and kind and friendly. Like they’ve always been. She was disappointed how she’d never caught him checking her out or how he’s only ever called her cute. Oh how she treasured the rare moments when he’d call her pretty as well. She wanted him to look at her as a romantic option, as a person he wanted to date. She wanted him to court her, to give her more attention. He did give her attention, he tutoured her and practiced the routine with her but that was it. It all seemed to platonic.

 

 

 

Not to mention the fact that he’s still extremely close to Taeyeon. If you take away the kissing and back hugs and rocking, they’re almost exactly the same.

 

 

 

She even asked Taeyeon throughout the week if their breakup was true and every time, she just laughed and confirmed it with her.

 

 

 

Was Sungmin not interested in dating anyone else at the moment? He only ever hung out with them and every time he received a confession, he kindly denied it. Even when they spoke about guys or girls at lunch for fun, he never really talked.

 

 

 

And here they were again, so close and yet so far. Sungmin smelled painfully good that day and he was brilliantly explaining another science formula to her. She always remembered the things Sungmin taught her.

 

 

 

Taeyeon was leaning on him while doing her own work. She didn’t want to be jealous but she could help it. They were that comfortable with each other and she had to get used to it.

 

 

 

While carefully paying attention on the outside, her insides were burning.

 

 

 

Within the same library, Tiffany and Jessica had their books closed and were in deep discussion.

 

 

 

“Why should I make the first move?” Jessica asked with a furrowed eye brow, “I don’t want to. I won’t do it!”

 

 

 

Tiffany sighed, “Are you just going to sit here then and let it just pass? What if Taeyeon finds someone else?”

 

 

 

Jessica’s eyes widened, “What? Who? Who could it possibly be?”

 

 

 

“Me, for example,” Tiffany almost flinched at her own words, “No wait, not me um.”

 

 

 

“What? What’s wrong? It’s just an example, let’s use you then,” she didn’t notice Tiffany’s eyes wandering, “Well, if she moved on and liked you then…I’d be very mad at you.”

 

 

 

“What?! Why?” Tiffany asked dumbfounded, “If she liked me and I liked her back wouldn’t you be happy for us?”

 

 

 

“You don’t even like girls,” Jessica commented, waving her hand as if dismissing her words, “If she liked you then that means she doesn’t like me, therefore I’d be jealous. I wouldn’t be mad for long but I do admit I’d be mad.”

 

 

 

Tiffany was biting her bottom lip, “Fine.”

 

 

 

“What?” Jessica replied with a light laugh, “We’re not even talking about this for real, you and Taengoo are like wives or something, right? You two are probably like her and Sungmin, all platonic.”

 

 

 

“You think so?” Tiffany asked sincerely, Jessica was taken aback. Tiffany just shook her head again, “Just forget it. Yeah, let’s just go back to what we were saying before.”

 

 

 

Jessica scrunched her face up.

 

 

 

“You have to make a move sooner or later or else someone else is going to come into her life. For all we know, maybe she and Sunny will get together once she comes back,” Tiffany spoke fast and shrugged, hoping that all previous conversation would be forgotten. She was flustered and she didn’t like it one bit.

 

 

 

“Sunny?” Jessica muttered, almost forgetting about how she was going to return by their graduation.

 

 

 

“I wonder how she is,” Tiffany asked while twirling her pen, “Anyway, what do you say Jessie? Are you going to give her a try?”

 

 

 

Jessica ignored her question, “Oh, I have a picture of her from like a week or so ago, want to see?”

 

 

 

Tiffany nodded and Jessica opened her laptop to find the file. When she turned the screen around to look at Tiffany, her face lit up immediately.

 

 

 

“Ah! She’s so cute! Like always, huh?” she complimented the screen and pat it, “Oh my God, she has the same tshirt I gave TaeTae a couple of months ago!”

 

 

 

Jessica’s mind froze, “Really?” She asked, her eyes narrowing.

 

 

 

“Yeah! It’s really cute that she has the same one,” Tiffany chirped, smiling to herself and oblivious.

 

 

 

“I should tell her that,” Jessica then added, quietly studying the picture again.

 

 

 

Yoona twitched in her seat, “Ah! Hyunnie did you hear that?”

 

 

 

Seohyun shook her head, “Unnie, please study like you said we would.”

 

 

 

“But-“

 

 

 

“Please?”

 

 

 

Yoona sighed. She knew she couldn’t win, “Alright.”

 

 

 

Yuri left Hyoyeon’s house and went straight to another one of her sports’ practices. She was thankful for the gym because the weather was getting colder. After focusing, she managed to not screw up all that much but she knew she could have done better.

 

 

 

It was dark as she walked home. Her stomach was growling and she knew she needed some nourishment.

 

 

 

From a distance she could see a small yet familiar walking figure looking very much cold. Upon closer inspection, she recognized the figure to be Jessica.

 

 

 

“Hey! Sica!” Yuri called out as she carefully ran over to her friend.

 

 

 

Jessica recognized the voice and stopped to turn and greet her friend with a smile. The two embraced and started walking side by side.

 

 

 

“What are you doing out here?” Yuri asked, watching Jessica as they walked.

 

 

 

Jessica was shivering like crazy, “I just felt like going for a walk, what about you? Practice?”

 

 

 

Yuri took off the scarf she was wearing and wrapped it around Jessica, “Yeah, how did you know?”

 

 

 

Jessica absorbed well the warmth within Yuri’s scarf, “Thank you. And because you’re always at some form of practice. You athletic crazy person, where do you even get all the energy? You and Hyoyeon are crazy.”

 

 

 

Yuri almost blushed at how much Jessica snuggled against her scarf.

 

 

 

“Exercise is fun, you should try it,” Yuri replied. But then her eyes went wide when she realized what she sounded like she implied, “Well, I mean, not that you need it!”

 

 

 

Jessica just laughed, “Yah! Kwon Yuri! Why are you acting so nervous suddenly?”

 

 

 

Yuri blushed this time and looked away, “I’m not nervous,” she mumbled.

 

 

 

“Are you busy right now?” Jessica then asked, grabbing Yuri’s arm into her own for more warmth.

 

 

 

“Nope,” Yuri replied happily, “I was just going to bother Yoona and play some video games.”

 

 

 

“Oh don’t bother, Yoona is in some big trouble with her sister,” Jessica replied coldly, not thinking of the day’s earlier events fondly.

 

 

 

“What happened?” Yuri asked concerned and worried for her best friend. Taeyeon could be scary.

 

 

 

“I’ll tell you about it later. How about modelling for me and staying for dinner?” Jessica offered, her previous cold expression softening.

 

 

 

“A-Ah yeah, sure!” Yuri answered happily, hoping the smaller girl didn’t notice her stuttering.

 

 

 

She did.

 

 

 

“Do you want your scarf back? You sound cold,” Jessica started unwrapping the scarf.

 

 

 

“No! No, I’m fine, keep it. You need it more than I do,” Yuri insisted, rewrapping the scarf around Jessica.

 

 

 

“If you say so,” Jessica replied before the two walked arm and arm to her house.

 

As Christmas approached, the weather was getting colder and the work was getting harder. Luckily enough, the winter break was approaching along with Christmas. As the girls worked hard, other things still managed to come up amongst all the chaos.

 

After Seohyun stopped Yoona from spying, she moved their table elsewhere. Oblivious to her, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny were studying right next to them. Yoona only found one more target to spy on.

 

Yoona enjoyed the clear expression of distress on Sooyoung’s face. It was obvious she was talking to herself internally. Although Sunny was explaining something, Sooyoung looked distracted instead of listening.

 

Taeyeon caught on and asked Sooyoung if she was okay. After a quick discussion they went back to their studying.

 

Yoona found the three to be much more entertaining than her math textbook before her. However, Seohyun eventually caught on to Yoona’s little show.

 

“Unnie! You need to focus,” she whispered with a little whine following. She was starting to get a little impatient with her friend’s inability to focus on what they were there for.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yoona mumbled back before getting back to her textbook. Seohyun responded by giving her a warm hug.

 

Once again, studying didn’t last very long. It was only twenty minutes before Yoona looked back at the hot mess that was Sooyoung trying to study and probably trying to think of how to make a move on Sunny.

 

She wondered if maybe she should meddle, if even just a little. After her session here with Seohyun she could bring up the topic. Oh, but that probably meant studying now. She sighed and went back to her textbook before Seohyun could notice.

 

She stole a glance at her younger friend who was diligently studying Chemistry. Her gaze was so focused and her notes were so neat and yet so quickly written. Yoona was often jealous of Seohyun’s ability to work so well and her intelligence. She admired it too and loved how she took so much of her time to help herself and other students study.

 

Seohyun was so talented, intelligent, mature and yet so childish. She was already able to cook and sew, she was incredibly organized, she was a master of the piano and sang incredibly well. The girl even knew ballet from classes taken in her childhood. And yet she still found the time to be interested in dressing up and cosplay. She still had the time to watch anime and play games. She even had time for Yoona who always just fooled around. She had time for all of them despite always having something she needed to do.

 

Yoona admired the girl so much, ever since they first met. She didn’t have many friends outside of their group but she was still incredibly friendly and kind. Yoona also found that she loved the girl a lot.

 

But it would probably be a burden to tell her so. If Yoona was honest with herself, she fell in love with the girl during her freshman year. It was after her first performance at the talent show. It was a duet with her older sister and it was the first time Yoona saw her on stage singing and playing the piano. It was always one of the other but it was something about the combination that made her heart flutter.

 

She kept the feelings to herself and didn’t really think of it as troublesome. Seohyun didn’t seem interested in anyone, let alone boys so there was no need to jump at her.

 

Yoona would always express herself in small ways that Seohyun would always be oblivious to. Her hugs always lingered, she was certain she grabbed her hand the most, the random gifts, just little things. Seohyun was such a good friend to her. The two were so close that it probably never seemed out of the ordinary.

 

She shook her head out of the thought and looked over to see Tiffany and Jessica hiding behind the bookshelves. The three at the table were so absorbed in themselves that they failed to see the comedic duo slapping each other while arguing over at the bookshelves. Yoona wondered what they were up to. She wondered if there was any way she could be a part of it.

 

Luckily enough, she made eye contact with Tiffany and she seemed to have called the girl over. Or well, the boy over.

 

“Hyunnie, I think Fany unnie is calling me,” Yoona whispered to her friend.

 

Seohyun looked up to see that Yoona was telling the truth, “Oh, well then Yongseo oppa go say hi.” She looked excited at the possibility of the girls dressing up and actually pretending to be someone else in front of their friends. It was just like Sunny and Sungmin.

 

Yoona got up and walked over to the two girls by the book shelves and bowed to them, “Hello pretty noonas, can I help you?”

 

Jessica was eying Yoona funny but Tiffany had no suspicions.

 

“What’s your name?” she asked warmly.

 

“Yongseo.”

 

“I’m Tiffany! And I wanted to know if you could do a small favor for these noonas?”

 

Jessica was frowning and shaking her head, but she wasn’t running away now.

 

“Ah, sure Tiffany noona! What can I do?” Yoona was incredibly excited at this point. Was Tiffany finally pushing Jessica to do something with Taeyeon?

 

“You see those three over there?” Tiffany pointed at the three students that Yoona had been observing the whole time, “The pretty and short noona there? She’s um…” She looked back at Jessica who looked a little mad and a little red but they still made eye contact. She nodded. “This other noona, Jessica, she likes her a lot.”

 

Jessica was clearly embarrassed and Yoona’s smile widened. “Ah, alright, what can I do?”

 

Tiffany was almost jumping up and down at this point, “I want you to confess to that noona and try to ask her out!”

 

Yoona wasn’t expecting this, “What?”

 

“We want to see if she likes someone right now, in particular, Jessica here.”

 

Yoona almost frowned, that was such a weird idea. What if she just rejected her cause she’s a stranger? How are they certain she was going to say something like, ‘I like someone else now’. Yoona thought carefully, perhaps now was the time to meddle?

 

“I’ll do it,” Yongseo answered with a polite nod. Jessica who was still red looked incredibly grateful and Tiffany gave him an applause. Little to their knowledge, Yoona had a very different idea of what to do.

 

Yoona exchanged glances with Seohyun or, Seoyong. She gave her a reassuring nod and she just smiled back, not looking away from Yongseo who was approaching her older sister.

 

“Excuse me,” Yongseo gently poked Taeyeon’s shoulder and got her attention. “Noona?”

 

Taeyeon turned around and was surprised to see a stranger behind her. She recognized him as the boy who was studying with another boy in their uniforms on a Saturday. His face was familiar and so was the other boy’s but she couldn’t put her finger down on why.

 

“Ah, yes? How can I help you?” as expected, she was welcoming and friendly despite her initial and obvious shock.

 

Yoona subtely pointed behind her, “Those noonas over there, one of them likes you a lot.” She snickered a little which she hope Taeyeon or the other girls didn’t catch, “I think her name is Jessica.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes opened very very wide. She looked behind the strange and feminine boy to see Tiffany and Jessica looking back at her equally surprised.

 

Yoona winked at Taeyeon when she glanced back and was about to walk away when Taeyeon grabbed her sleeve to pull her back. Not expecting this, Yoona tripped on herself while turning back and fell over.

 

Seohyun rushed over to her side and as she pulled her up, Yoona’s wig fell off.

 

“I told you to wear the wig cap!” Seohyun whispered as the two started to feel panic build up in their systems.

 

“Oh no,” Yoona mumbled as she quickly got up.

 

Taeyeon’s expression changed from confused to a little upset, “Yoona? What? Why?’

 

“You!” Jessica shouted from the bookshelves, incredibly red at Yoona’s second hand confession, “I should’ve known it was you! Who gave you the right?” She was completely embarrassed.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what to think but she knew she was upset, especially when she saw Jessica be upset. Although she was enlightened to get the confession, this was not exactly the way she wanted it.

 

Tiffany rushed after her friend and pulled her back before she grabbed Yoona who was shuffling away from Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

“I’m sorry!” Yoona pleaded and Seohyun was unsure what to think. She held onto Yoona and took off her wig as well.

 

“Seohyun? What?” Taeyeon asked dumbfounded by their disguise, “Why?” She knew they were strange kids but.

 

“Stop trying to run away!” Jessica called out, enraged by Yoona’s ‘smart idea’. She wasn’t actually angry but she couldn’t believe what just happened.

 

“Jessie, calm down,” Tiffany urged, “I’m sorry this happened but by the look on Tae’s face, she’s confused and probably didn’t take that seriously.”

 

Jessica, now being held onto by Tiffany let out a puff of air to calm herself down.

 

“I’m leaving,” she announced before turning her back and walking away, “Don’t follow me.”

 

Tiffany watched her best friend walk away with a worried expression. She let her have her time alone and went back to see Yoona, Seohyun and Taeyeon discussing something. Sungmin and Sooyoung were watching, curious as well.

 

“I was just trying to help!” Yoona defended, Tiffany now within ear shot of their conversation.

 

“It’s called meddling,” Tiffany answered, shaking her head at her junior.

 

“You were urging her too!” Yoona responded to Tiffany with a frown, “Your idea was too soft so I just cranked it up a bit.”

 

Taeyeon looked confused again, “Whatever it is you two are talking about, it ends now. Let’s go home. We’ve disrupted Sungmin and Sooyoung enough.”

 

“No, it’s okay,” Sooyoung spoke up from her spot, “I’m fine, I was just going to leave anyway.”

 

“Sooyoung, we have two more hours to go,” Sungmin added, “It’s okay. Let’s finish up and go get dinner or something.”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes lit up at the offer, “If you’re paying!”

 

Sungmin let out a chuckle, “Of course.”

 

Sunny turned to Taeyeon and she just nodded at her. She knew that Yoona wanted to help her friends out but sometimes she got a little carried away. After all, the library was never the right place to do this kind of thing.

 

“TaeTae, can I come home with you too?” Tiffany asked as they started packing their things.

 

“Yeah, of course,” Taeyeon responded with a smile. She wanted to go and find Jessica, or have Tiffany find Jessica but they both knew when the girl wanted her space. She understood, if it was her that Yoona expressed her feelings to, she’d be embarrassed too.

 

The walk home for the four of them was a little tense. Yoona and Seohyun were holding each other’s arms and Taeyeon watched the two in front of them while Tiffany grabbed her hand.

 

“You need to let us go at our own pace,” Taeyeon finally said after five minutes of silence.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yoona responded, “I just want you two to be happy.”

 

Taeyeon laughed lightly, “I know.” Her smile was small, “It’s considerate but you know as well as I do how much more complicated this is.”

 

She then turned to Tiffany, “And you, you may be older but the rule still applies to you. What were you two even doing hiding in the bookshelves there? Asking some random kid to come up to me?”

 

Tiffany frowned, “I just wanted to help too. Our initial plan was something small.”

 

“But it was still meddling. You should leave Sica and I to our own devices,” Taeyeon insisted, “We can both be really stubborn but it doesn’t mean we want to be rushed.”

 

Tiffany sighed and nodded slowly in understanding, “Fine, but as your best friend and as Jessie’s best friend, I’m still going to try my best to convince you two to do something!”

 

It was like she wasn’t really listening. Taeyeon just nodded at her other stubborn friend and hoped that Jessica was okay.

 

Jessica ended up wandering around for an hour or so in her own thoughts. That was when she bumped into Yuri and invited her over. She knew that drawing would help clear her mind and drawing sessions with Yuri was always fun.

 

She told Yuri about what happened at the library over dinner and pouted when she just laughed.

 

“What’s so funny?” she asked her tall and dark toned friend.

 

“It’s just all so ridiculous,” Yuri answered. Inside she was trembling. It looked like things might be developing faster.

 

“It was embarrassing,” Jessica replied while eating the remainders of her pork chop. “That Yoona needs to learn to take things more seriously.”

 

“She just wanted to help,” Yuri defended her junior and best friend. She knew she had pure intentions.

 

“I don’t need help,” Jessica pouted, “Anyway, I’m mad and I need you.”

 

Yuri was taken aback by her statement. “Me?” But then she shook her head, Jessica’s favourite way of releasing tension was through her art. She forgot about it for a moment.

 

“Yeah, you know,” she looked down, “Why do you have to make it awkward every time?”

 

Yuri laughed a little, “How is it not awkward? I’m in your room for like two hours while you draw me.”

 

“We’re both girls,” Jessica responded simply, “We go over this every time.”

 

Yuri grumbled a little, “Yeah, but you’re attracted to girls.”

 

Jessica looked at Yuri with a raised eyebrow. “And?”

 

[A/N: Listen to Heartlines (Acoustic) by Florence and the Machine]

 

The two made eye contact, “Are you not attracted to me?” Yuri then asked, her voice low and expectant.

 

Jessica hesitated a little. Where exactly was Yuri going with this?

 

“I am,” she responded, “But I’ve seen your body so many times, why do we have to keep making this awkward?”

 

Yuri sighed in defeat. Maybe now wasn’t a time for a confession. Jessica really did take their sessions seriously. She shook her head however, after what happened at the library it was clear that she needed to do something.

 

But no, she couldn’t interfere. And she knew Jessica would probably just reject her. But something deep inside of her wanted to come out, she needed to tell her how she felt even if it ended in nothing.

 

But she didn’t make the notion yet.

 

The two talked about some nonsense things as they finished up their dinner and dessert.

 

Afterwards, Yuri walked with Jessica up to her room like routine. They went back and forth to each other’s houses. As Jessica opened up the door to her room Yuri already started to strip.

 

Jessica grabbed a pad of paper that was lying around and wondered which medium to use. Yuri watched her carefully while she took off her clothes. She wanted to see if Jessica stole glances of her removing her clothes. And it pleased her when she would glance over and she would catch her getting embarrassed.

 

Jessica picked conte for the day and her music. Hey playlist ranged from Kpop to Jrock to English artists such as Celine Dion or Fall Out Boy or Nicki Minaj. Yuri very much enjoyed the wide range in genres.

 

“Let’s warm up with a pose every minute?” Jessica offered.

 

“Yeah sure,” Yuri responded, getting ready for her first pose.

 

Jessica very much loved and appreciated Yuri’s body. It was her favourite to draw. Back when she and Taeyeon were dating, it took a lot of convincing for Taeyeon to pose for her. Even so, it only lasted about 15 minutes before Taeyeon started complaining about cramps.

 

But Yuri lasted very long, no matter what the pose requirements were. She was always a good sport about it, even during their first session when she was clearly nervous. Jessica had asked her to be a model casually and was very delighted when she said yes.

 

Yuri was toned but not too toned. She wasn’t too slim and a lot of muscles came out from every pose she did. She was curvy and evenly tanned throughout her body. She was amazing at keeping still and was incredibly flexible. Jessica would treat Yuri for food as rewards and offered her drawings, but Yuri thought it was weird to have a drawing of yourself.

 

They bonded through the experience and Jessica had a very special relationship with Yuri. They were close for sure, but she didn’t expect the next thing to happen.

 

“Sica,” Yuri called out as they got into 5 minute poses. She was sitting on the floor. “I like you. A lot.”

 

Jessica at first thought she was hearing things and continued her drawing, her expression not changing.

 

“I’ve liked you for a long time but I didn’t think I could measure up to Taeyeon,” Yuri continued. She was looking at Jessica straight on and wanted her to look her in the eyes.

 

Jessica felt like she was getting light headed as confusion clouded her vision. She continued to look at Yuri as a subject in front of her.

 

“Don’t look at me like that,” Yuri then said, a bit of bitterness in her voice, “I want you to look at me seriously when I’m confessing to you.”

 

Jessica dropped her stuff and finally looked Yuri in the eyes.

 

“Are you serious?” she asked, “Are you joking? Kwon Yuri you can’t just joke around with me like that.” She let out some nervous laughter before created a straight line, “Yuri…”

 

Yuri got up from her spot and walked over to Jessica, “We have a connection, I know it. I can help you get over Taeyeon, you two have always been like a rollercoaster, never stopping. Maybe it wasn’t meant to be? Maybe you can give me that chance?”

 

Jessica didn’t back away at all and she could feel her heart beating faster, “What if I don’t want to get over her?”

 

Yuri didn’t back down, not one bit, she was spilling herself out now and there was no way to pick herself up. “Please, Sica, give me a chance.”

 

She leaned in closer and Jessica never remembered being that close to Yuri. Her mind was covered up with so much fog that she had no idea what was coming next. She closed her eyes and let Yuri capture her lips.