Comme Des Enfants

Tongue Tied

It was 2AM and anyone could tell it was December with how freezing it was outside. Sunny had no idea how Sooyoung had convinced her that coming outside in the middle of the night while it was snowing was a good idea, but there she was, rolling a giant snowball as her body began to feel numb.

 

And yet, she managed to be content with what they were doing. The unshakable feeling that developed since they shared their first kiss kept her a little bit warm somehow.

 

 

These two idiots were playing around in the snow, their noses red, their feet frozen and their teeth chattering.

 

“Are you done with the middle section yet, oppa?” Sooyoung asked as she smoothed the giant base that the two rolled up together previously. She was fighting butterflies in her stomach, a permanent smile stretched across her face. She was feeling insanely hot since she shared her first kiss with Sungmin so the only solution to the extra heat was to go outside.

 

If she was honest to herself, she’d rather be indoors at the moment but she wanted to be alone with Sungmin. And maybe kiss him one or five more times.

 

“Almost,” Sungmin grunted, bringing the ball closer to the base.

 

 

Despite the coldness in the air and frostiness filling their lungs, it was gorgeous outside and Sunny was happy just to be with Sooyoung. She still couldn’t believe that they had just shared their first, second, third, fourth and fifth kiss just a few moments ago. And she fought back the fearful thought of how much deeper she dug her own grave for when she revealed her actual identity. Because right now as she celebrated Christmas with her girlfriend, she should only be thinking of the present and how happy she was to be with Sooyoung and to love her and be loved back.

 

As Sunny finished the middle section, she easily lifted it on top of the base that Sooyoung had worked so hard to smooth over. With a satisfied grin she patted down the ball and added some extra snow so that it would stay in place.

 

Right away Sooyoung began to work  on the head of the snowman, eagerly making a small snowball and rolling it through the winter wonderland of Seohyun and Taeyeon’s backyard.

 

“So what made you want to make a snowman so suddenly?” Sunny asked as she watched the tall girl rampage through the silky snow.

“Just a feeling,” Sooyoung responded simply as she began rolling the head in circles. Unfortunately, she got too excited and somehow lost her balance, following into the snow.

 

Sunny burst into her manly laughter before running over to her fallen girlfriend who looked pathetic in the snow.

 

“You okay there?” Sunny asked, hunched over and offering a hand to the tall girl.

 

Instead of answering, Sooyoung pulled on the generously given hand and pretended to try to get up before yanking Sungmin towards her.

Sunny let out a yelp before falling right on top of the tall girl and found herself suddenly feeling incredibly warm.

 

They said nothing to each other as their noses touched and their eyes met. Sunny was wondering what was going on in Sooyoung’s mind, wondering what the girl could possibly be thinking and wondering how the two ended up there, in the snow, on top of each other, in the middle of the night.

 

“You’re pretty, you know that oppa?” Sooyoung began, her hot breath giving Sunny goosebumps. “I never get to see your face this close up but you seriously have really fair skin.”

 

Sunny bit her bottom lip and tried her best not to get too nervous. Her lips formed a smile as her gloved hand came up to the younger girl’s cheek.

 

“You’re much prettier than this shabby oppa,” Sunny responded in the most charming voice she could conjure up. She thanked the heavens that it was cold enough for her red cheeks to be excused for the cold, but she knew that Sooyoung could tell she was blushing. But it was fine when she realized how much Sooyoung was blushing back.

 

Sooyoung didn’t answer back and simply rubbed her cheek into the palm of Sunny’s glove. Her eyes closed as she took a deep breath and released herself into her boyfriend’s touch.

 

She wrapped her arms around the boy on top of her and held him close, the two were so warm at this point that they could barely remember that they were outside anymore. And they laid together like that for a while, neither of them counting the minutes that were passing.

 

“What did I do to deserve you?” Sooyoung suddenly asked, breaking the peaceful silence between them.

 

“I should be the one asking that,” Sunny responded with a light laugh. “You’re this gorgeous, talented girl with a great sense of humour and I’m just this transfer student who only got to meet you through Taeyeon about a month ago who is not only shorter than most guys but average looking. The only thing I got going for me are my brains.” She caught her breath and was embarrassed at how quickly she spoke. It was hard enough having Sooyoung so close to her face, but she was overwhelmed with feelings the second Sooyoung asked her one of the most touching questions one could ask.

 

Once Sunny had enough of being embarrassed, she broke eye contact and it was Sooyoung’s turn to laugh this time as she squeezed her boyfriend in her arms. “I’m the lucky one. I would have lost you forever if you and Taeng stayed together. You’re a really special guy, Sungmin oppa, you’re the most unique guy I’ve ever met and you defy all of my expectations in men.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“But I really do like you,” she kissed the boy’s nose, “Okay? Don’t ever forget it.”

 

Sunny’s pout at the previous comment melted into a smile as she leaned forward to plant a light kiss on the younger girl’s lips.

 

 

“Still, I’m the one who got lucky okay? I’m not entirely what you think of me,” and this was painfully true. But fortunately enough for Sunny, the day this relationship would crumble down was still months away. She could be really happy with Sooyoung until then. She had to continuously tell herself that or else she could never enjoy their time together.

 

They kissed again, this time much slower and with a lot more tenderness than the first one. Sunny savoured the feeling and the taste of Sooyoung against herself and she knew that she was screwed when the time to reveal the truth came. But once again she shook the thought out of her head, only thinking about the present and how she felt like she was melting into Sooyoung.

 

“You guys have been out here for an hour and you’re not even done,” a voice called out from the back door.

 

Sunny immediately stood up and shook the excess snow off her before turning to see Hyoyeon and Yuri waving at them. Sooyoung laughed at Sungmin’s jumpiness and got up as well, dusting off the snow that stuck onto her.

 

“What are you talking about? It’s totally finished!” Sooyoung responded as she took Sungmin’s hand and walked towards the door.

“It’s too short!” Yuri shouted back, “It’s only two layers tall!!”

 

“It’s probably Sungmin oppa,” Hyoyeon commented with a confident nod and Yuri just laughed.

 

“How did you know?” Sooyoung replied as she and Sungmin reached the area where Yuri and Hyoyeon were waiting for them.

 

“You guys are way too mean,” Sungmin sighed with a shake of his head. “I don’t even know why I take all of this abuse.”

 

“It’s because you love us,” Yuri stated as she patted the shorter boy’s head.

 

“More like it’s because he loves Sooyoung,” Hyoyeon joked, wrapping an arm around the shivering boy.

 

“Damn straight,” Sooyoung added, pulling Sungmin away from the short girl and back into her arms. “Damn straight.”

 

---

 

“It’s really pretty outside,” Seohyun said as she opened the curtains in her room. Yoona had dragged her upstairs but didn’t say anything as she just sat on her bed with Seohyun, playing with her artificial wings.

 

“It really is,” Yoona replied, a little nervously but Seohyun didn’t catch her tone.

 

She had a plan. She swore she had a plan.

 

She held the gift she prepared for Seohyun in her arms and watched the girl carefully as she admired the soft, falling snow. They were often quiet together, not minding the silence at all. They were both shy at times and they were both active when the moment called for it. Yoona was moreso than Seohyun and she appreciated that for when they first started to get to know each other and things were more awkward.

 

Yoona placed her gift aside and wrapped her arms around Seohyun’s waist, starteling her slightly. She was stiff in her grip, but as seconds turned into minutes she melted into Yoona’s touch, her back leaning against the older girl’s chest.

 

“Are you tired yet, unnie?” Seohyun asked, her eyes still focused on the winter miracle that was happening outside her window.

 

“I’m actually pretty restless,” Yoona responded with a shaky laugh. It was funny how the girl in front of her made her stomach wrestle itself into knots and yet it was cuddling her face into the girl’s shoulder that calmed her down.

 

“Too much sugar?” Seohyun replied with a small giggle, blushing at Yoona’s intimate contact. Surely it wasn’t something new that the two shared. They were incredibly intimate since Yoona first called her Hyunnie and her best friend.

 

The question made Yoona burst into louder laughter, her nervousness thankfully being brushed away by Seohyun’s voice. “Maybe! You, Taeyeon unnie and your mom make really good sweets.”

 

“Too many sweets can be bad for you, so try not to have too many tomorrow since you had a lot tonight, okay?” Seohyun stated seriously, turning her head a little to face the girl who was pressed up against her back.

 

“Only because you asked me to,” Yoona confirmed with a small nod, “It’ll be tough but I’ll do my best!”

 

“Good,” Seohyun closed her eyes and leaned her head back. “So what are we doing in my room, unnie? Did you only get me a present so you want me to open it here so the others don’t get jealous?”

 

Yoona laughed again before letting go of the girl before her and picking up the present she left on the girl’s bed. Seohyun frowned however, missing the warmth that was engulfing her from behind.

 

 

“You’re kind of right, Hyunnie,” Yoona responded before shyly handing the medium sized wrapped box over to the youngest of their group

.

“Ah, you really didn’t have to,” Seohyun said as she happily accepted the box and lightly shook it.

 

 

“You say this every year, just open it!”

 

Seohyun nodded and slowly began to unwrap the gift before her. She mumbled a thank you as the present in her lap slowly started to reveal itself.

 

Within it was a picture frame with a picture of the whole group of girls when they were in middle school. It was at one of their club’s events, back when Sunny was still with them. They were 13 at the time and looking back, none of them really changed. Seohyun smiled brightly as she scanned the faces of each of her friends.

 

Yuri was making a stupid face with Yoona next to her and Seohyun followed after, probably laughing at whatever stupid thing they were doing. Next in line was Hyoyeon, trying to look cool with the always so tall Sooyoung next to her pulling the small Sunny close. And beside Sunny was Taeyeon, the two girls’s arms were linked and Jessica proceeded, with a cute peace sign at the camera with one hand and the other was linked in Taeyeon’s hand and at the end was Tiffany who wore her eternal eyesmile.

 

They were all wearing the white shirts that they all had signed the year when they all joined the club and promised to make good memories before the hardships of high school. Just the sight of the photo and the rush of memories made Seohyun’s eyes water a bit.

 

She looked up at Yoona who just smiled back at her before nodding to urge her to continue to reveal the rest of the contents.

 

Underneath the picture frame was a photo album. Seohyun adored photos so she eagerly opened them up and gasped as soon as she turned to the first page.

 

“Yoong and Hyunnie’s Adventures!” she read out loud, a picture of the two of them dressed up in one of Seohyun’s first outfits and wigs ordered a few years ago.

 

 

On the following pages were the two of them in various outfits and wigs from the wide variety of times Seohyun wanted them to dress up. The pictures featured the girls at the library, the mall, or just hanging out in her room taking selcas. The younger girl felt very touched as she continued to shift through the pages.

 

“Thank you so much, unnie!” Seohyun cheered as she finally closed the album and put it aside, wrapping her arms around Yoona and holding her tight. “This is such a nice present, thank you very much!”

 

“That’s not all, Hyunnie,” Yoona managed to spit out despite her lack of air from Seohyun’s grip.

 

“There’s more?” Seohyun asked curiously, looking back at the package that she just opened.

 

 

What she had missed was a mysterious looking certificate. Seohyun picked it up and read over it carefully before gasping so loudly that Yoona flinched.

 

“Unnie!” she cried, looking between the paper before her and the girl in front of her. She looked back and forth, a bounce in her body as she filled to the brim with happiness. “Unnie!” she repeated, her face showing disbelief. “This is amazing!!”

 

Yoona felt extremely satisfied as she rubbed the back of her neck in relief at Seohyun’s reaction. “Pretty great gift, huh?”

 

“This is absolutely perfect!” Seohyun cooed, gazing back at the document with a sparkle in her eyes. “I can’t believe you got a star named for me!”

 

“The name is pretty great too, don’t you think?” Yoona asked as she peaked at the document she bought for Seohyun. “The Goguma Star!”

Seohyun giggled at the ridiculous name and looked back in the box to find another paper. It held the coordinates of the star.

 

“Let’s find it now!” Seohyun declared excitedly, pulling Yoona towards her window.

 

“Hyunnie, the sky needs to be clear for that,” she hated putting out Seohyun’s spark but the weather wouldn’t allow for their touching searching for The Goguma Star. Her nostrils flared and she let out a deep sigh. Yoona rubbed her disappointed back and tried her best to hide the smile she had because the finale was coming.

 

But there was one more thing.

 

“Wait, Yoona unnie what’s behind your back?” Seohyun asked, not noticing until now that Yoona was keeping one of her hands hidden.

 

“Just the final part of my awesome Christmas gift,” Yoona replied with a wink. She flashed a brilliant smile, doing her best to hide the fact that the hand that was holding another rolled up paper and a small box was shaking like crazy.

 

But when she took the hand from behind her back, she found herself disappointed at how her stupid hand wouldn’t stop trembling before Seohyun.

 

“Oh, are you cold Yoong unnie?” the younger girl asked, concerned over Yoona’s shaking.

 

“N-No!” Yoona immediately replied, suddenly feeling really hot. “I’m actually the opposite,” she muttered under her breath, but Seohyun caught it.

 

“It must be the kigurumi, Yoona unnie! I told you and Hyoyeon unnie that you were going to melt if you kept dancing around,” she shook her head and crossed her arms, momentarily forgetting the still vibrating present in Yoona’s grasp.

 

“I’m fine Hyunnie, anyway,” Yoona wanted to get them back on track and took a deep breath. It was time, it was now or never. She closed her eyes and found courage as she shoved the present into Seohyun’s lap, trying to remember the encouragement she got from Taeyeon and Sunny when she first showed them the present and the enthusiastic scream she got from Sooyoung when she first told her about her idea.

Things were going to be okay, they just had to be.

 

“So this is the last part, unnie?” Seohyun asked with a wide smile, unrolling the paper first. Inside was another star certificate and a little note. “You really didn’t have to do so much for me! My gift looks so pathetic compared to yours now.” She pouted and Yoona just pinched her cheeks.

 

“Silly, it’s not a competition! I love the present you gave me and the song was more than enough. Now finish opening your present before I go crazy!” Yoona’s face got even more red as the time passed, but she was looking away now while secretly stealing glances as Seohyun read the paper before her.

 

“Another star?”

 

 

“This one is named after you,” Yoona said with a nod, she knew she had a pretty creative gift. It took her forever to think of it but she was extremely proud. “It’s to symbolize how you and gogumas will be together forever.” The silliness of the entire prospect helped calm Yoona down.

 

 

And the never fading smile on Seohyun’s face helped as well.

 

“You’re really thorough, unnie,” Seohyun commented with an impressed nod of her head, “Now for the card!”

 

Yoona felt her breath get caught in . The sudden calmness she felt from Seohyun’s appreciate of the gift faded away. All she could think of, all she could see was the near future. The moment was now and she started wondering if she was going to pass out before the event was over.

 

“Dear Hyunnie,” Seohyun began, turning to smile at Yoona and giggling before continuing.

 

 

“First of all, Merry Christmas! This is our 12th Christmas together, isn’t it? Can you believe how quickly time passes? We’ve both grown into gorgeous ladies and our unnies are graduating in a few months. But we’ll still be together afterwards, it’ll be like when they departed for high school before us. We’ll catch up and hang out on weekends despite our different locations and schedules. We’re a unit of 9 and things have definitely felt more complete since Sunny unnie returned to us, right? But there’s still one thing missing. I mean, of course things are already perfect right now but there is one more thing that can make this all even more perfect.”

 

It was coming. Yoona closed her eyes and counted mentally to make sure she was still breathing every other second.

 

“I want you to open the box now and then look back at me. I have to tell you the rest myself. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed the gift so far. Merry Christmas!”

 

Seohyun raised her eye brow and looked at Yoona who was becoming paler by the second. She was about to ask her if she was alright, but Yoona just nodded, knowing exactly what she was thinking and pointing at the box before her.

 

“Open it,” she said, her voice surprisingly calm and collected.

 

A part of her was confident that things were going to be okay. She knew Seohyun was a good girl, and no matter her reaction to the confession, their friendship was not going to be ruined.

 

Yoona let out a quiet growl as Seohyun finally opened the small velvet box in her hand. Her eyes lit up and she gasped at the two beautiful silver rings inside the box. The were slim and simple on the outside.

 

Seohyun picked one up and examined it closer and she noticed that there was an engraving on the inside. “Hyunnie,” she breathed as she read the script on the ring. She then looked back up at Yoona, “It has my name? Do they both have my name? I don’t understand why you’d give me two, but they’re beautiful Yoona unnie! Is the second one in case I lost the first one?”

 

Yoona laughed nervously and for once couldn’t find the words to say. Instead, she pointed at the ring in Seohyun’s grasp and took a deep breath before managing a, “Look closer.”

 

Seohyun tilted her head and stared more intently at the ring in her fingers. With a squint of her eyes she felt her heart skip a beat as she read, “and Yoong.”

 

Silence developed between the both of them.

 

Yoona bit her bottom lip and watched Seohyun for any kind of reaction. But Seohyun didn’t look at her, instead her eyes were fixated on the lettering on the ring. Her heart was beating so loudly that it was ringing in her head.

 

“C-Couple rings?” Seohyun stuttered, her face feeling extremely hot all of a sudden. She looked at Yoona and searched her eyes for a clear answer.

 

Yoona didn’t answer her and simply took the girl’s free hand into her own and made sure that they didn’t break eye contact. Her eyes were burning with a passion, her heart threatened to jump out of and her skin underneath the dinosaur pyjamas were covered in sweat. She took another deep breath and felt time around her stop as she found the courage to say the words she’d been meaning to say for as long as she could remember.

 

“Kim Seo Joohyun, I don’t know how it happened, or exactly when it happened but your unique charms have captured my heart,” she wanted to scream at how cheesy she sounded at the moment, but instead she gave the soft hand in her grasp a squeeze. “Whether it be your daily tendency to steam sweet potatoes, or your millions of students that you take under your wing to tutor, or the beautiful sounds that come out of your mouth or whatever instrument you’re playing, or whether you’re scolding your older sister or any of our other unnies, I find myself falling for you even harder with each passing day. It’s been difficult being in such close proximity with you, and constantly telling you that I love you without fully expressing the extent of it. My heart goes crazy and my body immediately heats up. Every time I act stupid or even more energetic, that’s just how I feel when you’re nearby.”

 

Seohyun didn’t respond, instead she processed each word Yoona said and allowed them to fall softly upon her ears and penetrate her. She couldn’t believe what was happening in front of her and while she usually knew how to respond to Yoona, she couldn’t find any words with the overwhelming sensation that was currently possessing her body.

 

“You’re one of my bestest friends, Hyunnie, but in reality, you’re more than that. I’ve thought about it constantly, but there’s no better way to perfect what we already have than to confess to you that I love you, as more than my best friend of 12 years, and tell you that I would be more than overjoyed to be your girlfriend.” She squeezed the hand in her own again and bit her bottom lip, urging Seohyun for an answer.

 

But as the younger girl’s eyes started to fill with tears, Yoona began to panic.

 

“Ah! D-Don’t cry Hyunnie! It’s okay if you say no, I promise our friendship won’t be ruined or anything but,” Yoona felt her heart constrict and she watched Seohyun desperately, wondering if rejection was really what was coming next.

 

But instead, Seohyun released her hand and wiped her teary eyes. Despite the wetness that emerged, she smiled at Yoona and took the ring in her hand and placed it on.

 

“I love you too, Yoona unnie,” she responded quietly, her voice slightly shaking from the emotion that was drowning her. She took the other ring from the box and placed it on Yoona’s trembling hands. “And I would be more than glad to be your girlfriend.”

 

Yoona’s eyes widened as soon as Seohyun finished speaking and she felt something fill her stomach.

 

“YES!” she shouted, so loud that Seohyun had to cover her ears.

 

She took the opportunity to pull the younger girl close to her and the two fell onto the bed where the other presents were resting.

 

“Yes, yes, yes!” Yoona continued to cheer, holding Seohyun tighter against her and rubbing her nose against Seohyun’s as she giggled at her new girlfriend’s ridiculous actions.

 

Seohyun frowned however as Yoona let go of her and jumped up. She watched her with a raised eye brow but burst into laughter as soon as Yoona began to dance.

 

“Yes!” Yoona screamed again, pumping her fists and dancing around Seohyun’s room.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on Seohyun’s door and so the maknae ignored her cheering girlfriend to answer it.

 

“Is everything okay in here?” Taeyeon asked, trying to hide her snicker. “Sounds like someone’s shouting.” She looked carefully at Seohyun’s hands and noticed the shining ring. Her snicker came out and the oldest was grinning like an idiot.

 

Hyoyeon pushed the door open and demanded to be up in front.

 

“Seohyun, why did you guys leave for so long?” she asked with a worried expression. She had changed into a loose tshirt and track pants at this point.

 

Her gaze moved from the blushing maknae to her partner who was jumping on the girl’s bed.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Hyoyeon then asked suspiciously, “And why are you blushing?” began to stretch across her face, she couldn’t pretend she had no idea what was going on anymore.

 

It was Sooyoung’s turn to burst through the door and she ran to the bed where Yoona was jumping, grabbing her hand and bouncing along with her.

 

The tall girl began chanting “Yes!” as well, incredibly excited for her best friend.

 

Soon enough, all nine of them had gathered to Seohyun’s doorway to see the commotion. But their questions quickly disappated as they all eventually wore the same expression. A sly smile.

 

“So?” Taeyeon asked, poking her little sister, “Are you happy or what?”

 

Seohyun’s blush turned into an even darker shade, “How did you all know already?”

 

They all looked at each other, then back at their maknae.

 

“Sisterly instinct?” Taeyeon replied lamely, she got a punch in the arm from Sungmin and the group just laughed before spilling into the room and hugging the new maknae couple.

 

 

Even though the majority of them were exhausted from the long night, the news of Yoona finally confessing and the two getting together gave them more energy than they could ever ask for.

 

---

 

When the girls finally managed to calm down, they all gathered in the living room to arrange the sleeping plans.

 

“I want to share the recliner with oppa,” Sooyoung declared, plopping herself onto the piece of furniture while dragging Sungmin with her.

 

“I’ll just sleep on the couch then,” Yuri said, plopping down next to Jessica who was already sleeping. She smiled as the girl wrapped an arm around her as if she were a pillow and tried to hide her blushing face by calling Hyoyeon over.

 

“Looks like I will be too,” Hyoyeon shrugged, lying down on the empty space next to Yuri.

 

“I want to sleep with TaeTae,” Tiffany stated with a strong nod, “And you can’t say no!” She giggled and twirled the necklace around her neck fondly.

 

“I guess that’s fine,” Taeyeon replied, trying her best to hide both her excitement and bashfulness of getting to sleep with Tiffany.

 

“I’ll be sleeping with Hyunnie!” Yoona declared cheerfully. She rocked the maknae for she was hugging her from behind. Her absolute bliss from earlier events hadn’t faded one bit.

 

“It’s decided then girls, goodnight!” Taeyeon declared as the maknae couple ran upstairs and she turned off the light.

 

 

Tiffany grabbed her hand and lead her to her own bedroom. Taeyeon sighed secretly and she wanted so badly to curse Tiffany for doing this to her. But at the same time, she was thankful.

 

The trio on the couch had already passed out and Sunny found herself listening to obnoxious snoring from them and from the girl who was sleeping on her.

 

She was most definitely tired, but she couldn’t help but watch Sooyoung fall asleep first. Sunny her girlfriend’s hair and smiled at how was slightly open. She closed her eyes and inhaled the girl’s scent. It was still overpowering despite how late it was into the night. It should have faded by now, but the intoxicating sensation refused to go away.

 

Sooyoung squirmed in Sunny’s arms, turning herself over in her sleep and wrapping her arms around her boyfriend. Sunny groaned, incredibly uncomfortable having to sleep with her binder on. She had to make sure she took it off all day tomorrow and find some excuse to not hang out with anyone. Keeping it on for too long that day meant she had to let her girls breathe well the next day.

 

Sooyoung nuzzled her head into Sunny’s fake flat chest and Sunny couldn’t help but smile as she pulled her closer. Her feelings of discomfort faded as she focused on the sleeping girl on top of her.

 

“Goodnight,” she whispered before finally closing her own eyes and finding sleep.

 

---

 

Tiffany had fallen asleep instantly, her arms pulling Taeyeon as close to her as possible. However, Taeyeon found some difficulty in finding comfort.

 

She was stiff as she processed the night’s events.

 

Everything turned out great in general, and somehow she felt closer to Tiffany. But she couldn’t help but feel uneasy with how much Tiffany could only focus on their friendship. It seemed as if it was impossible for her to see Taeyeon as anything else.

 

She sighed, discontent with that thought but she managed to find a smile when Tiffany snuggled her face into Taeyeon’s neck.

 

It , it really did, having such a complicated confessing process. But it was okay with Taeyeon because she got to be with Tiffany like this and she got to prolong the time between now and when Tiffany could possibly reject her.

 

It was painful to think about, but the likeliness at the moment was far too high. However, she shook her head and all the negative thoughts out.

 

“Come on, Taeyeon,” she whispered to herself, “It’ll be okay.”

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and leaned forward so that she was pressed against the girl who she loved that was snuggled so warmly in her arms.

 

 

With Tiffany so eager to sleep with her like this, and the way that she felt against her, the way she fit so perfectly and the way their breathing managed to fall in sync, it made her wonder if being girlfriends would even change anything. They already seemed so much like they were.

 

---

 

Yoona was completely content.

 

She was sleeping in a tank top and shorts with Seohyun in her arms in nothing but a long shirt. She’d be blushing if she had the energy to, with so much skin contact between them but she was too exhausted to be thinking about it.

 

 

The younger girl had already fallen asleep, having passed out the second she wrapped her arms around Yoona’s waist. The older girl found her eyes closing themselves as well, sleep slowly trying to over take her.

 

Her efforts were not wasted and things turned out perfectly. Today, she was officially together with Seohyun and she smiled widely at the prospect of outdoing herself the year after for their anniversary.

 

She then leaned over to kiss Seohyun’s forehead to greet her a goodnight.

 

“Yoong unnie,” Seohyun then mumbled, surprising Yoona.

 

 

“Mhm, Hyunnie?”

 

“Let’s name the other star next to me after you, okay?”

 

Yoona giggled and kissed the girl’s forehead once more.

 

“Of course.”