Tongue Tied [Part 2]

Tongue Tied

A/N: WHOA HOLD THE PHONE! ANOTHER UPDATE???? WHY YES FRIENDS, THERE IS! This double update is a thank you for the 100+ subs! You guys are so beautiful and great sobs thank you sOO SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH! I really hope you're ready for the rest of this chapter. There will be one more part hopefully out this weekend and maybe, JUST MAYBE, if I get enough responses and desire for the last part of the chapter right away, I'll finish it up asap! Thank you again!

Oh also, my birthday is coming up (I'M GONNA BE 20!!!!). If anyone would like to make my bday the bestest bday by writing a soosun oneshot for me that would be greatly appreciated ; A ;!!!!!!

---

Sunny was sitting on her bed, cross legged and cross armed as she stared at the list of songs in front of her. She had asked Sooyoung and Taeyeon to give her one more spot and after some negotiation (and flirtation), the two allowed Sunny to sing right when everything was done and over with. It didn’t guarantee that people would listen, but it was enough for her, because for sure the one person she needed to listen, would be there.

Even if Sooyoung wanted to get away from her, even if Sooyoung ended up hating Sunny, she’d have to hear her out considering she was responsible to help clean up the auditorium after.

She had no time to write an entirely new song so she looked over her choices carefully. All of the songs in front of her were songs that somewhat perfectly delivered the message she wanted to send to Sooyoung. But it was difficult to choose.

Should she plead? Should she fight? Or should she simply love?

There was a knock on the door and Sunny skipped over, knowing for sure that it had to be Taeyeon. She was excited, expecting Taeyeon to be back much later. Seeing at how much she ran earlier, she wouldn’t be surprised if Taeyeon had ran over to her house as well.

“How did it go?” she asked right away as Taeyeon closed the door behind her. The girl was huffing and puffing and Sunny began to giggle as it looked like her fellow shorty was going to pass out any second now.

A simple thumbs up helped the two girls work extra hard that night.

Taeyeon had to sleep with Sunny again that night for the countdown was almost up. Sunny had definitely gotten stronger and much more braver, not having cried a single tear that night. But still, it was difficult to sleep for the next day would determine her future with Sooyoung.

“Are you ready?” Taeyeon whispered. It was 3AM and she had woken up to Sunny playing with her hair. It was obvious that the girl was too anxious to sleep, but it was a relief to not see that her shirt was wet.

“I think so,” Sunny replied, her finger still swirling through Taeyeon’s locks. They had certainly grown a bit and she wondered if Taeyeon was going to cut it again and keep it short.

“I mean, I don’t really have a choice,” Sunny continued, sighing into the darkness. “It’s now or never. Or well, tomorrow or never.”

Taeyeon nodded, her eyes feeling sleepy again as she yawned.

“Don’t worry about me, Taengoo. Go to bed already, tomorrow you have a big day ahead of you.”

Taeyeon felt bad leaving her restless friend alone, but she nodded, knowing how much she needed her energy the next day. She smiled and snuggled closer to Sunny.

“You go to bed soon too, okay?”

Sunny managed to sleep for at least three hours, which was good enough for her. She got up, snuck out of bed so she wouldn’t wake the sleeping Taeyeon and walked towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast. She was so proud of Taeyeon and so thankful to her bestfriend for being with her throughout all this. From the moment they reunited a few months ago to this day Taeyeon never let her down.

She glanced over to the calendar to see the marked day for graduation. Sooyoung’s birthday was only a few days before. She sighed and finished making the French toast and ham. It was a pity how quickly reality was laying itself down on her. It seemed like just yesterday that Jessica found out. Then suddenly, everyone else left to right was finding her secret out.

She was thankful that Sooyoung never caught her red handed. As well as this could possibly turn out, it can’t possibly go as bad as if Sooyoung had found out accidentally. Sunny shrugged at the possibility.

She heard the steps creaking and saw a sleepy Taeyeon walking towards her and yawning, her big mouth somewhat being covered by her tiny hand.

“Mornin’,” she greeted before getting herself a glass of milk.

“Morning sleepy head,” Sunny chirped, placing Taeyeon’s breakfast in front of her. “I made you breakfast as a thank you.”

“A thank you for what?” Taeyeon asked, a little lost but absolutely delighted by the smell of the food before her.

“For staying with me all this time. For believing in me and giving me strength,” she walked over to her best friend and wrapped an arm around her waist as she ate. “I know it’s not much, but it’s better than nothing.”

Taeyeon shook her head weakly, still trying her best to fully wake up.

“I should’ve made you breakfast, you’re the one going all out today,” Taeyeon pouted, upset that she was too tired to wake up before Sunny. She promised herself that she’d repay her somehow, someday soon.

“This is for me too,” Sunny reassured, finally digging into her own portion. “It’s a congrats for not vomiting and bailing out last minute.” She smiled a little at Taeyeon before chuckling a little, trying her best to keep her spirits up.

Her best friend placed her hand on her shoulder and squeezed it.

“I’m so proud of you for doing this Sunny. And know that no matter what the result is, I’ll be here for you, okay?”

---

The day went by excrutiatingly slowly for Sunny. She handed in a few assignments and caught up on some sleep in classes where the teacher showed movies since most weren’t assigning homework knowing that the majority of the senior students were participating in the talent show.

It was easy for her to keep her nerves and her brain together since all everyone could talk about was the talent show. At lunch Hyoyeon demanded they practiced and afterwards, they all ate a quick lunch together while Hyoyeon and Yuri gave them all a pep talk, saying that they were great.

Hyoyeon assigned Yoona, Sooyoung and another boy in the group named Eunhyuk to be the leaders of the group next year. Sunny congratulated the girls and tried her best not to think too hard about what was going to happen later as they all celebrated through cider and root beer.

Dress rehearsals were no joke either. When the day had finally ended, Hyoyeon demanded that they practiced at least five times before going on stage for the dress rehearsal. They would be going through the entire performance, but to keep everyone in suspence, only the members of the Talent Show committee and the teacher advisors would see the performance. It was difficult, but Sungmin also managed to kick out Sooyoung when his turn was up as well. Everything had to be a secret.

When The Chodings were done and over with, Sunny decided to take a long cold shower since Sooyoung would be staying a little longer to clean up. Taeyeon told her not to worry about her final performance and gave her an extra long hug and silently wished her goodbye.

As much as Sunny tried to avoid it, she wasn’t entirely herself all day. It hurt how much Sooyoung took notice and she cursed herself whenever Sooyoung gave her extra kisses and squeezed her hand.

She excused it for nervousness, saying she hadn’t ever performed in front of a stage before. Sooyoung laughed it off, teased Sungmin even and called him cute for anticipating so much.

“Just look for me in the audience and surely my pretty face will calm your nerves!” she had told him before kissing him on the forehead and skipping away to talk to Yoona.

Oh, if only she knew.

Sungmin was waiting outside the auditorium, backpack firmly on, scarf, hat and mittens on as well. He could feel his heart beating as the hours were counting down, soon turning to minutes when Sunny would make her huge reveal.

“Hey!” her voice, that beautiful voice was almost heartbreaking. Sunny tried her best not to imagine that voice turning to tears. She smiled at Sooyoung and waved back.

“Sorry if I took too long. But that doesn’t matter cause I’m here now and we’re going to have a sleepover!!” she was so excited as she grabbed Sungmin’s hand and dragged him off the school grounds as quickly as possible.

“Good to see that you listened to me and didn’t pack much.” She had a sly smile on her face, but Sunny could tell that she was blushing. “We’re sleeping together, and that’s that.”

“Whatever you say,” Sungmin said with a shake of his head. “I’m starting to wonder if you’re the ert in this relationship.”

Sooyoung didn’t retaliate and simply grabbed Sungmin’s arm and pulled him closer.

“I have a gift for you when we get to my house,” she announced with a cute little wink. “It’s not much, but I figured it’d give you strength for tomorrow since you seem so nervous.”

Sungmin laughed nervously before nuzzling his head against Sooyoung’s shoulder. “As usual, you’re too sweet. If you want, I can cook us dinner tonight as a thank you?”

Sooyoung shook her head before wagging her finger, “Nope, not happening! I have something planned for that as well!”

Sunny sighed inwardly, so much for gaining a few extra points before her time was up. But she mustered a wide smile and kissed Sooyoung’s cool cheek.

“I look forward to it.”

Sooyoung’s house seemed so much bigger without the older sister, watchful dad and talkative mother. Sunny put her stuff down and slowly took off her jacket as she looked around. Sooyoung had quickly run upstairs to change and told Sungmin to give her a minute or two.

She wandered around, seriously realizing how big the house was. She stumbled into a creative space and sat herself down at the grand piano. She had noticed it a long time ago but never had she had the chance to look at it closely.

It was beautiful.

It seemed a little old, having collected dust. It must have also been a little neglected for the seat even had dust on it. She lifted the cover and played with a few of the keys.

Sooyoung seemed to be taking her time, so Sunny decided to play a few pieces as she waited. Her parents were never able to afford anything beyond a keyboard and besides, there wouldn’t be space for it in her house so she really took in the unique sound that it made.

“Having fun?” a voice made Sungmin jump up from the seat and turn to face Sooyoung.

Ugh. This damn girl.

Sunny almost felt the wind knocked out of her when she saw Sooyoung standing there in only shorts and one of Sungmin’s shirts. She was holding something behind her back as she smiled at him with curious eyes.

“You really are perfect aren’t you?” she stated as she made herself comfy next to Sunny. “You can sing, you can dance, you’re smart and now I found out that you can play the guitar.”

Sunny still couldn’t regain her composure, now realizing that Sooyoung had taken a shower as well. Her scent had a hint of coconut tonight and Sunny wasn’t sure if it was the fact that they were alone or maybe it was just some amazing shampoo, but she was feeling dizzy and a little speechless.

“Could you sing me a song?” Sooyoung asked, fiddling with whatever it was she brought down from her room. Sunny tried to peek a glance, but once Sooyoung noticed, she shook her head and pulled it away. “I’ll give it to you after you sing me something.”

Sunny thought for a moment and one of the songs that she had been considering for the show popped up in her head immediately. She smiled to herself before turning to Sooyoung.

“Do you mind if it’s in English?” she kind of hoped that Sooyoung’s English wasn’t that good so she wouldn’t figure out the meaning right away.

“I don’t mind at all,” Sooyoung chirped, her eyes sparkling at the prospect of being serenaded again by her boyfriend. She bounced up and down in her seat, “This better be good!”

Sungmin blushed as Sooyoung stared with such intensity and anticipation.

“With you looking at me like that I’m not sure if I can do this,” he mumbled, fingers lightly grazing over the keys. If you look at me like that, I don’t know how I can get through tonight, Sunny thought to herself.

Sooyoung puffed up her cheeks and huffed, “Fine, fine, I’ll close my eyes, how’s that?”

Sungmin chuckled and left a grateful kiss on Sooyoung’s cheek, taking it in as she blushed.

He took a deep breath and began, glancing over to make sure that Sooyoung kept her promise. She looked a little silly, trying a little too hard not to take a peek. He shook his head and smiled to himself, leave it to Sooyoung, the source of Sunny’s stress, to be the one to cheer her up in the end.

“This is for you, Sooyoungie.”

[Tongue Tied Playlist: Look After You – The Fray (Acoustic Version)]

“If I don't say this now I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one I want to take
Forget the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate.”

Sungmin’s silky voice echoed through the nearly empty house and at this point, his eyes were closed as well as he got into the song.

“Oh, oh, oh, be my baby.
I'll look after you.”

Sooyoung soon couldn’t resist herself as she opened her eyes to find Sungmin passionately playing softly, his eyes completely closed. She wasn’t sure, but she could’ve sworn that he was trembling a little. She came a little closer and wrapped her arms around his waist before slumping into his body.

“There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you, won't you be the one I'll always know?
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down”

Sooyoung’s knowledge of English was fairly limited so she made sure she got this song out of Sungmin after so she could look up the lyrics. However, she was able to pick up a few things and through the melody alone she figured it was a beautiful song. She could feel herself falling harder and harder for Sungmin with each word he sang, knowing that it was directed at her.

“Oh, oh, oh, be my baby
Oh, oh, oh, be my baby
I'll look after you
And I'll look after you.”

Sunny inhaled deeply before she got to the bridge, feeling her infernal urge to cry tugging at her heart. Would Sooyoung be suspicious? That didn’t matter anymore for her eyes were already watering.

To her luck, Sooyoung was only watching her fingers right now, clinging onto Sungmin as tightly as possible without suffocating him.

“If ever there was a doubt
My love she leans into me
This most assuredly counts
She says most assuredly

Oh, oh, oh, be my baby
I'll look after you

Oh, oh, oh, be my baby
Oh, oh, oh.”

Sooyoung closed her eyes as she felt Sungmin’s heartbeat beginning to pick up in pace. It was moments like this that seriously made her wonder how Sungmin felt for her, truly and honestly. This passion, this sincerity, the beautiful voice that was coming out of his mouth. It was all real right? She wasn’t dreaming? She finally opened her eyes again and looked up, surprised by what she saw.

“It's always have and never hold
You've begun to feel like home
What's mine is yours to leave or take
What's mine is yours to make your own.”

He was crying, his tears starting to drop down to her face. She suddenly grew concerned, wondering what he could be crying about. Surely, the song was beautiful but he never really got that emotional. What could this mean?

The questions stopped as she took the time to wipe his tears with her dainty fingers. Sungmin’s eyes opened slowly when he felt her warm touch and he smiled at her in appreciation.

“Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby.”

The end continued and he stared at her with an intensity she had never seen before. She felt herself blushing under his gaze and eventually averted her gaze as his fingers continued to play the piano, the ending lyrics repeating almost endlessly.

When he finished, he took in a deep breath and laughed a little as Sooyoung started to clap for him.

“That was beautiful!” she cooed, now wiping her own tears.

Sungmin started to panic a little as he replaced her fingers with his own, gently wiping the salty liquid away from her eyes. Oh no, did he do this?

“This is a really late reaction to your song, don’t worry about it too much, oppa,” she said as she got up to get a tissue. “I want you to sing for me again in the future but don’t make me cry like this every time okay? And certainly don’t make yourself cry, you big baby.”

He could only chuckle a little as she wiped his eyes with the remaining dry parts of her tissue. Sunny was lucky that she didn't start bawling. Actually, it surprised her how much self restraint she managed to have tonight.

“You do promise to sing again for me in the future right?” she asked with twinkling eyes, the shine not only coming from her remaining tears.

Sungmin swallowed the pressure building up in his chest as he looked into Sooyoung's hopeful eyes. He had a lop sided smile and closed his eyes when Sooyoung leaned down to kiss his forehead in appreciation.

“I promise.”

The doorbell rung, interrupting their little moment and Sooyoung ran over to the door in the speed of light.

“Pizza’s here!” she happily cried out, “I know what you’re thinking, but this is actually a really romantic dinner okay?”

Sungmin stared incredulously at Sooyoung’s back as she paid the pizza man and sent him on his way. Of course she wasn’t going to be cooking dinner. It’s Sooyoung.

He watched curiously as she skipped over to the kitchen table and placed the box down.

“Ready?” she asked happily before flipping the box open in an instant. “Ta-da!!”

Sungmin placed his hand over his mouth in order to stifle his laughter. Unfortunately, it didn’t help much in stopping it as he eventually cackled so loudly that it echoed throughout the house.

Before the couple, on the pizza was a pepperoni heart with mushrooms that spelled out both of their names.

“Cheesy, huh?” Sooyoung giggled proudly at her own work and pun. “I thought it was appropriate.”

Sunny could only shake her head at Sooyoung’s ridiculousness, but she was thankful nonetheless. Her urge to cry from singing that song to Sooyoung evaporated instantly at the sight of the steaming hot pizza in front of her.

Before she knew it, Sooyoung had picked up a slice and started munching on it without waiting. However, upon realizing her ill manners, she stopped instantly and almost forced the pizza into Sungmin’s mouth playfully.

“Come on, eat up,” she urged, poking his face and leaving tomato sauce stains all over his face. She began to giggle as he snatched the pizza away from her and took a bite out of it to prevent the mess on his face to get any bigger.  

“I love you so much,” he accidentally blurted out as Sooyoung quickly turned from stuffing his face to stuffing her own. She paused from her buffet and looked up at Sungmin with a mushroom on her lip and a blush on her face.

Sunny cursed herself for saying it so loudly but was relieved when she didn’t say that in her normal voice. It was difficult not to confess her feelings, having such a silly moment with the most perfect girlfriend she could ask for. It worried her that Sooyoung wasn’t responding right away, but she couldn’t blame her. She did suddenly say something important in the middle of eating pizza.

“I love you too,” Sooyoung eventually responded, bashfully looking away. Her face went from relentless eating machine to shy little girl in an instant and Sunny could help herself from leaning in and stealing a kiss.

It started off as a peck, but to no one's surprise Sooyoung pulled him in closer and did her best to truly show Sungmin how much she loved him. She didn't hold back at all and took full advantage of their time alone. When they parted, they were both panting, cheeks flushed and eyes half lidded as they tried to regain their breath. Sunny wondered how many more times she'd get to kiss Sooyoung and before she knew it, she was on her toes, capturing the girl's lips again.

She hoped that Sooyoung truly meant her words.