Part 2

Tongue Tied

Sooyoung’s spirits were immediately lifted upon seeing her boyfriend’s adorable face from her window.

 

 

The girl had been sulking in her seat after dropping Tiffany off at her house. It killed her that all she could do was hug her and wish her luck. She wished she knew what to do to help and she wished that life would be simple and blessed enough to just allow Tiffany to love Taeyeon back so the two could be happy.

 

She could barely think of anything else as she sunk into her computer chair, not even of the guaranteed fun night that waited ahead for her and the rest of her friends.

 

But that instantly changed the second she caught sight of Sungmin’s face from a distance. The boy was walking over to her house to pick her up, as usual. In the past she had imagined her boyfriend pulling up at her driveway in a cool car or motorcycle, but here she was watching Sungmin casually strolling along the sidewalk. And she was already swooning.

 

She didn’t know what it was, but there was something special about her boyfriend’s face. His eyes had familiar and calming qualities that caused a rush of warmth to fill her insides, no matter how cold it was outside. And his smile, when those lips of his would curl upwards she couldn’t help but wonder how her knees haven’t given up underneath her.

 

 

As he got closer and closer to her house, she threw on her jacket and ran downstairs.

 

“Sungmin?” her older sister called out as Sooyoung seemed to be causing an earthquake with the force of her steps. The excitement that coursed through her sister only met one thing.

 

“Yeah! I’ll be out late, see you guys later!”

 

Before Sunny could even knock on the door once, it flew open and Sooyoung flung herself onto Sunny, engulfing her tiny body.

 

It was moments like this were Sunny really feared that her identity would be revealed. She began to chuckle at her girlfriend’s actions and it took so much will power to manage a low tone for her laughter. It was especially moments like this were she wished that Sooyoung wasn’t such a cute girlfriend.

 

“I missed you,” the girl whispered, holding onto Sunny tightly.

 

 

The shorter girl once again thanked the cold weather for allowing her to wear thick clothing to hide her supressed assets better. Sunny had taken caution to wear more layers ever since Sooyoung had become more comfortable with holding her closer to her body. Her girlfriend had already once called Sungmin a curvy boy at dance practice after Hyoyeon pointed out that he had a nice derriere. Sunny laughed it off and considered after that day to perhaps get some sort of restrainer.

 

“I missed you too,” Sungmin whispered back, going on his toes to kiss Sooyoung on the cheek.

 

 

The tall girl giggled shyly at her boyfriend’s action, especially appreciating the fact that she also had to lower herself to make it easier for Sungmin to kiss her cheek. She awarded his adorable height with a soft kiss to his lips and once again thanked the heavens for his luscious lips.

 

“So what do you want for dessert?” Sungmin asked as he wrapped a hand around Sooyoung’s waist. He figured that this was a less embarrassing and easier way to hold her close since holding hands made their height difference that much more obvious.

 

“I’ve been craving cheesecake lately,” Sooyoung answered with a nod, “Yeah, how does cheesecake sound?”

 

Sungmin laughed and squeezed Sooyoung’s waist, causing the girl to squeak.

 

“I know a really nice café nearby, let’s go.”

 

---

 

“So, Yul unnie,” Yoona started as she lied comfortably on Yuri’s bed. The girl decided to come over to hang out with her best friend and Hyoyeon. The two were just in Yuri’s room when she arrived, apparently recovering from lunch.

 

“What is it Yoong?” Yuri replied, taking her attention away from her phone. Both her and Hyoyeon seemed to be pretty preoccupied with their texting.

 

“Do you have any of the drawings Sica unnie has done of you?” Yoona continued with a smirk. Ever since news of the two and their…drawing sessions leaked to the entire group, Yoona had been meaning to get her hands on one of the drawings.

 

Hyoyeon’s attention was immediately caught by this question as she looked at Yuri expectantly. The girl in question however was pink up to her ears as her eyes instantly travelled to a drawer at her computer desk. It was a bad reflex, but it was a wonderful clue to her friends.

 

“N-No,” Yuri lied, her body shifting uncomfortably in her seat. She tried her best to pull her eyes away from the drawer but she was too late.

 

Hyoyeon just laughed as she ran towards the computer desk and opened the drawer immediately and pulled out a folder, “Found them!” She cheered triumphantly and jumped onto Yuri’s bed to keep the folder out of Yuri’s reach and to open up the special contents.

 

Before Yuri could fling herself at Hyoyeon to retrieve the drawings, Yoona was already up and managed to push the girl back down to the floor. She stuck her tongue out at the older girl and joined her dance crew’s leader at the top of the bed.

 

Hyoyeon’s cackling echoed throughout the room as she opened up the folder and glanced at the artwork.

 

 

She gasped dramatically as the contents were revealed to her and glanced back at Yuri to see that her face was practically steaming with embarrassment. Yoona couldn’t even laugh at her for she was too distracted by the images before her.

 

“Whoa, Sica unnie is amazing,” Yoona mumbled as she admired Jessica’s line work and incredibly accuracy.

 

“She’s flattering you too much, Yul. You totally don’t have that much muscle,” Hyoyeon teased as she shook her head.

 

Yuri instantly stood up in reaction to that comment and tackled Hyoyeon, making her fall face first onto Yuri’s bed.

 

“Say that to my face!” Yuri yelled as she pinned Hyoyeon down.

 

Yoona managed to retrieve the drawings from Hyoyeon’s grasp in time and carefully put them back inside the desk. She ignored her wrestling unnies and searched the drawers for even more artwork.

 

“You know what would make a really good present for Sica unnie?” Yoona called out as she even found portraits of Yuri and poses of Yuri with Jessica’s cat.

 

“What?” Yuri grunted as Hyoyeon started to fight back even harder, despite her outrageously obnoxious laughter. The girl was much stronger than she looked, unfortunately for our sports star Yuri.

 

“You should try drawing her a portrait,” Yoona suggested with a firm nod, “I think that would be really sweet.”

 

Suddenly, Hyoyeon’s laugh reached a peak in which all of her strength left her and she was left to roll around on the ground, her hands clutching her stomach. Tears began to flow out of her eyes and she could hardly breathe.

 

“What’s so funny?!” Yuri growled as she watched the blonde cackle maniacally on her bedroom floor.

 

 

Yoona stared at the blonde who seemed to have lost her mind before snickering, and realizing what she had just suggested.

 

“You too?” Yuri whined, turning to her best friend who was trapped in fits of laughter.

 

“Yuri! Drawing! A portrait! Of S-Sica???” Hyoyeon howled, “I can’t breathe!!”

 

Yuri kicked her dance captain before crossing her arms, “I can try! That’s all that will matter right?”

 

Yoona wiped the stray tears from the corners of her eyes before placing a hand on Yuri, “I’m sure she’ll appreciate the…effort.”

 

“You believe in me, right Yoong?” Yuri asked, a sparkle in her eyes.

 

Yoona smiled brightly at Yuri, “I just really want to see the look on her face when she gets it, but yeah of course I believe in you, Yul!”

 

The noisy laughter had died down at this point and Hyoyeon shoved her phone in Yuri’s face.

 

“Do this picture,” she demanded, her eyes red, tear stains on her cheeks. She was catching up on her breath, but she seemed serious about the picture selection.

 

“You’re done laughing?” Yuri asked with a pout, grabbing the phone from Hyoyeon.

 

“For now,” Hyoyeon snickered, causing Yoona to giggle as well.

 

“Wait, I have to draw this now???” Yuri burst, her eyes widening as she stared at her friends in disbelief.

 

“Why not?” Hyoyeon shrugged, grabbing a piece of paper from Yuri’s desk, “Come on, we only have a few hours before we meet them at the karaoke place.”

 

“Should I try drawing Hyunnie too?” Yoona asked, her eyes shining, “Seororo is no artist so I doubt she’ll judge my art work!”

 

“I’m sure whatever you make will be adorable,” Hyoyeon stated as she affectionately patted Yoona’s head.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes at this, “Oh so you believe in that kid, but not me?”

 

Hyoyeon could only respond with more laughter.

 

---

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were just watching the latest drama on television while Seohyun cleaned the mess the rufians made before they went out for breakfast when the doorbell rang. The two were much too engrossed with whatever love confession the protagonist made to hear the doorbell at first. It wasn’t until it persisted and was followed by knocking that the girls snapped out of their slight daze.

 

Taeyeon glanced at Jessica as the girl just shrugged lazily in response.

 

“Should I get that?” she asked before turning to her sister. The youngest was listening to music while sweeping the floor. “I guess so.”

 

As she hopped to the door, Jessica’s eyes followed her as she wondered who could possibly be at the door.

 

“Fany?!” Taeyeon shouted, answering Jessica’s question.

 

Her lips formed a frown as her mind tried to wrap around why Tiffany would be over. But it quickly slipped into a smile when she realized how interesting the rest of the afternoon could be.

 

“Hey Tae,” Tiffany greeted as she was let into the house. She kept eye contact with the smaller girl and watched as she bit her bottom lip in an attempt to calm herself down.

 

“Sorry for the sudden appearance,” she said as she took off her winter gear, “Do you mind if we hang out until the party later?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head silently, still trying to find her ability to speak. The skill continued to be missing from her as Tiffany grabbed a hold of her hand and dragged her to the living room. She was smiling, but it wasn’t the same as usual and Taeyeon knew it right away.

 

But once Tiffany saw Jessica, she felt a strange sensation shoot through her heart and her face instantly fell. However, she managed to bounce out of the expression quickly so she could smile at her other best friend.

 

“Hey Jesse, I didn’t expect to see you here,” she said happily, waving her fingers at the girl on the couch.

 

“Hey Tif, come join me on the couch because I’m not moving up there to hug you,” Jessica replied with a small smile.

 

Tiffany looked over to Taeyeon, the latter still silent before letting go of her hand and walking over to Jessica.

 

“I-I’ll go get some snacks,” Taeyeon finally stuttered, uncertain of what to do now. She shook her head and tried her best to regain her composure. She was sure she’d be normal at the party, but she didn’t expect to see Tiffany so soon.

 

As soon as Taeyeon left the room, Jessica turned to her fellow American.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked seriously, her eyes closely reading Tiffany’s.

 

“I was about to ask you the same thing, actually,” Tiffany responded with a light chuckle.

 

Jessica placed her hand on Tiffany’s and rubbed small circles on the back of her palm.

 

“Tiff, are you okay? Were you gonna talk to Taeng? I can leave, if you want.”

 

Tiffany shook her head before tightly grasping Jessica’s hand, “No, Jesse…No, I was going to…But nevermind.”

 

Jessica pouted before poking her best friend, “Yah, tell me what’s going on in that mind of yours, Miyoung!”

 

“I was just going to,” she took a pause and closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath, “I was just going to tell Taengoo that…”

 

“That?” Jessica urged, looking at Tiffany with hopeful eyes. She wanted this to have a happy ending.

 

“That I’m straight and not interested in her romantically,” Tiffany mumbled, incredibly quickly. She looked around to make sure that Taeyeon was still out of the room before looking back at Jessica.

 

The girl simply gawked at her, “Are you serious?”

 

 

Tiffany could only nod, “Yeah, I am. I’ve thought about it. I can’t be in a relationship with TaeTae.”

 

“You can’t, but do you want to?” Jessica demanded, her face inching closer and closer to Tiffany’s, “You can’t lie to me. You’re not allowed to.”

 

Tiffany instantly backed away before averting her gaze away from Jessica’s, “Jess, I can’t answer that.”

 

“That’s fine,” Jessica responded, squeezing Tiffany’s hand, “Because I know the answer to that question.”

 

Jessica immediately stood up, letting go of Tiffany’s hand and started to walk towards the door.

 

“Where are you going so quickly?” Tiffany called out, afraid that she might have upset the girl.

 

“I don’t want to see the look on Taengoo’s face when you reject her.”

 

“That’s okay, Sica,” a voice came out, Jessica nearly screaming at the sudden appearance of Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany immediately stood up upon recognizing the owner of the voice and used all of her courage to look the older girl in the eyes.

 

“I can’t say I didn’t expect it,” Taeyeon responded with a shrug, “Thanks for being honest with me, Fany.”

 

Tiffany ran up to Taeyeon before engulfing her in an extremely tight hug. Taeyeon suddenly lost the ability to breathe, her lungs refusing to work with Tiffany in such close proximity. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to wrap her arms around Tiffany in response.

 

“We can still be the best of friends though, right Tae?” she whispered, her hot breath tickling and aggravating the smaller girl.

 

“Of course, nothing has to change,” Taeyeon responded meekly. She was surprised that she was able to speak, seeing that breathing was an issue.

 

“I’m glad we were able to clear this up then,” Tiffany stated as she finally let go of the shorter girl, “I’ll see you at the party later then?”

 

Taeyeon could only nod as she waved goodbye to Tiffany and the girl hugged Jessica before letting herself out.

 

She couldn’t move from her spot as she heard the door closing. She couldn’t even feel the small tears that were starting to form in the corner of her eyes. All she could feel was Jessica’s arms around her as she fell to the ground, suddenly weak in the knees.

 

---

 

I told her I couldn’t.

 

Sooyoung had been staring at the text for a while now, her heart suddenly wondering if Taeyeon was alright. Her chest felt a little tight, but she trusted that Tiffany did it in as gentle as a matter as possible. And she trusted that Taeyeon was strong enough to not let it hurt her too much.

 

She was okay with it though! Everything is totally fine.

 

Sooyoung sighed before replying to Tiffany’s text.

 

 

That’s good! I’ll see you later then?

 

Sunny didn’t let Sooyoung’s expression go unnoticed. They were eating cake in a café and the taller girl suddenly stopped munching on what was her third slice. And Sunny was certain that she wasn’t full, not even close.

 

“You okay, babe?” Sungmin asked, his hand resting on his chin as he looked at Sooyoung concerned.

 

The younger girl blushed at the pet name and Sunny did her best to hold her embarrassment after suddenly realizing what she said. She wanted to scream for being so cheesy, but it pleased her that Sooyoung didn’t seem to mind it.

 

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me,” Sooyoung replied calmly, giving Sungmin her best smile.

 

Sunny narrowed her eyes and leaned in closer, carefully investigating Sooyoung’s expression. She wasn’t buying any of it.

 

“Who were you texting just now?” Sungmin pushed, raising an eyebrow at Sooyoung.

 

The taller girl bit her lip before letting out a sigh of defeat, “It was just Tiffany.”

 

Sunny suddenly felt a chill go down her spine at the mention of her name. She then felt the need to check her own phone and see if the text had anything to do with Taeyeon. But she resisted, wanting to focus her attention on her girlfriend.

 

“What did she text you about?” Sungmin asked, tilting his head.

 

Sooyoung didn’t meet his eyes immediately before shaking her head, “Is it okay if we don’t talk about this?”

 

Sungmin sighed in response before taking Sooyoung’s hand and squeezing it, “Alright, it’s none of my business anyway.”

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just something special between Fany and I,” Sooyoung replied, feeling bad for hiding it from Sungmin. But it seemed fine, seeing that she wouldn’t even tell Yoona or any of the other girls. It was her secret with Tiffany and she would have to leave it that way.

 

The two managed to stray back to normal conversation, talking about the rest of their holiday plans and talking about the different things they ate during their family get togethers. The time passed by rather quickly, as it always did when the two were together. It was rather unfortunate, Sunny thought for she wanted to be with Sooyoung for as long as possible.

 

She stared at the clock on the café’s wall and noticed that they only had an hour before the party began.

 

“Should we start walking to the karaoke place?” Sungmin offered as he called their waitress over.

 

“Sure thing, are we taking the bus there though? We’ll be really early,” Sooyoung responded, remembering that the karaoke place was only 15 minutes away by bus.

 

Sungmin smiled at Sooyoung before shaking his head, “Nope! We’ll be walking there. I think that’ll cover the next hour pretty well.”

 

The younger girl groaned before puffing her cheeks, “Do we really have to walk? I don’t mind sitting around here a little longer. It’s so cold.”

 

Sungmin refused the girl and paid their waitress before taking Sooyoung’s hand and helping her stand up. “Exercise is healthy, you know?”

 

Sooyoung sighed as she put on her jacket, scarf and hat, “Exercise doesn’t have to be done in the blistering cold,” she protested, pouting at the thought of walking an hour in the winter weather.

 

“It won’t be that cold,” Sungmin responded before kissing his girlfriend on her cheek, “I’ll be right next to you, after all.”

 

The taller girl’s face instantly brightened up as she remembered that being cold was an excellent excuse to cuddle up against her boyfriend. And as Sungmin got off his tippy toes from the chaste kiss, she giggled, remembering their significant height difference.

 

“Kiss me again,” she demanded, giving her boyfriend a charming smirk.

 

“What? Why?” Sungmin sputtered back, eyes widening and cheeks adopting that lovely shade of pink Sooyoung loves.

 

“Because I want to lean down this time so you don’t have to go on your toes,” the younger girl teased before sticking her tongue out.

 

“Choi Sooyoung! That was completely uncalled for!”

 

The sun was set by now and the dim lights of the street highlighted the beautiful snow that was falling. It was nice when the snow was big and fluffy like this, it almost made the cold weather bearable. The glistening flakes made it difficult to remember the fact that it was freezing outside.

 

It also helped when you had that significant other next to you. The hour almost seemed like nothing as Sooyoung happily embraced Sungmin’s arm around her waist. Although they were walking side by side, it almost seemed like he was hugging her completely, a feeling that she would never get used to.

 

“Are you finally going to sing this time, oppa?” Sooyoung asked as the karaoke place popped its head from around the corner.

 

Sungmin laughed before nodding, “Yeah, yeah I figured it’s time to finally show off.” Sunny had to hand it to herself, being able to sing in a convincing male voice was difficult, but she managed to pull it off.

 

“You any better than Taeng?” she asked as she ruffled Sungmin’s hair through his hat.

 

“I am way better than her,” Sungmin joked, giving his toothiest grin to his girlfriend.

 

“I can’t wait to hear this,” Sooyoung commented with a shake of her head.

 

 

Sungmin squeezed Sooyoung’s hip before pulling her closer, “I’ll dedicate a song to you.”

 

Sooyoung immediately blushed at this before raising an eyebrow at the short boy, “R-Really?”

 

“Didn’t you mention once that you want your dream guy to serenade you some ballad?” Sungmin asked, recalling the extensive list of things Sooyoung wanted from her future boyfriend once upon a time while he was still dating Taeyeon.

 

“You remember that?” the younger girl asked surprised. She didn’t even think that Sungmin was paying attention at the time, especially considering that she was being obnoxious and they barely knew each other at the time.

 

“I remember more than you think,” Sungmin replied with a wink, “I have to be exactly what your dream guy is, right?”

 

Sooyoung burst into laughter despite how hot her face felt at the moment, “You already lost 100 points for not fulfilling the physical aspects.”

 

Sungmin just rolled his eyes, “Excuse me, this face is all I need, right? Besides, we both know you love how tall I am.”

 

“You mean, how short you are right?” Sooyoung flung back, sticking her tongue out and bending herself lower to emphasize her point. She was crouched and completely in Sungmin’s face. But before she could return back to her normal position, Sungmin held her shoulders still and kissed her nose.

 

When she retracted and her face melted into a big smile, Sunny laughed before pulling her girlfriend closer to her again.

 

“See, case closed,” she declared confidently as she patted Sooyoung’s hip in triumph.

 

Although Sungmin was holding her exactly the same way he was throughout the entire walk, someone she felt closer to him and a bit more embarrassed. It didn’t happen incredibly often, but she absolutely adored it when Sungmin kissed her. Even when it was something as small as a kiss on her nose or on her cheek, it didn’t fail to turn her insides into mush. This was exactly how she imagined being in a relationship but still, she didn’t think she was prepared to feel this way.

 

“You’re spacing out again, Syoung,” Sungmin called out, snapping Sooyoung out of her thoughts. He chuckled when she turned to him a little flustered and Sunny took the opportunity to continue to fluster the girl even more by going on her toes and pecking her on the lips.

 

When Sooyoung’s face nearly turned purple, Sunny figured that her mission was complete. She decided that she’d thoroughly enjoy this Sooyoung until she was used to their kisses and was no longer bashful after each one.

 

 

But when Sooyoung’s face turned from shy to serious, Sunny tilted her head in wonder.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Sungmin then asked, stopping the two in their tracks.

 

“I think I love you,” Sooyoung confessed bluntly, looking at Sungmin hopefully. “You don’t have to say it back but, I just wanted to let you know.”

 

That certainly was not what Sunny expected to hear.

 

“I was thinking of telling you at midnight, as a way to start out the new year but something about us being alone, with the snow falling like this, and with you holding onto me so tight that I felt that now was a better time to tell you.”

 

Sunny wondered if she was still breathing as she stared at Sooyoung, replaying the words over and over in her head. They’ve only been dating for a few weeks now, right? She wasn’t imagining this, right? This wasn’t a dream? Had she passed out from the cold earlier?

 

“You there?” Sooyoung asked, waving a hand in front of Sungmin’s face. When Sunny still couldn’t respond, she groaned, “Ugh, I knew this was a bad idea! Forget I said it, just forget it.”

 

Sunny shook her head and instead of answering Sooyoung, she placed her arms around the taller girl’s neck and once again, stood on her toes. She remained silent and took in her girlfriend’s warmth before pulling the girl down towards her and placed her lips over Sooyoung’s.

This kiss was definitely different from any they’ve shared before.

 

Their first kiss was a little desperate, sloppy even and Sunny was stiff from having to share it in front of their friends while Sooyoung was a little too excited. The kisses after were like a blur, as Sooyoung’s scent and lips had assaulted Sunny’s senses. It was unfair, she felt, for she wanted to be the one in control. But control was hard to maintain when the girl you liked was all over you like that. It also didn’t help that Jessica just had to yell at them to leave.

 

Every kiss after that was chaste, quick and innocent. They were all shy, sudden and caused one or the other to be flustered. Sunny wasn’t sure how often she was allowed to kiss and she wasn’t sure how long she was allowed to kiss her. She knew Sooyoung wanted something more, for the girl always swooned over the kiss scenes in movies and occasionally Sunny would catch a look of longing in her eyes.

 

But it was difficult, with everything running through Sunny’s mind. Did she wanted to fall deeper and deeper in love with Sooyoung? Did she really want to keep kissing her, knowing that soon, that kissing would possibly stop forever?

 

However, after hearing those words from Sooyoung, she could’ve sworn that her heart was bursted and that her eyes were clouding over. It was unbelievable and it was everything Sunny had wanted, and yet everything she dreaded. But after confirming that this was in fact, not a dream, she figured that now was the time to give Sooyoung a real kiss.

 

Sunny took control this time, doing her best not to make it obvious that she was losing balance on her toes. But Sooyoung felt this and simply wrapped her arms around Sungmin’s waist and lifted him up to make things easier. Sunny groaned in defiance, but Sooyoung only responded by smiling into her boyfriend’s lips.

 

 

They stayed like that for a while, their grip on each other only tightening with each second that passed. Sunny felt her entire body shake when Sooyoung her bottom lip as if begging for entrance. She was suddenly extremely shy and could feel her face heating up even more, but as Sooyoung was a very persistent girl, she eventually opened up and let the girl in.

 

The kiss was intimate and far beyond what either girl could ever imagine. Sunny could taste remnants of cheesecake while Sooyoung could taste strawberries. However, as air was incredibly essential, Sunny unfortunately had to pull away.

 

Sooyoung let Sungmin down and she simply hugged him as she came down from the high.

 

“Wow,” Sungmin breathed, feeling his heart beat throughout his entire body. He could’ve sworn that he felt Sooyoung’s resonating as well.

 

“How about you, oppa?” Sooyoung mumbled as she continued to hold Sungmin tight.

 

Sungmin chuckled, “Was that not good enough of an answer?”

 

“I want to hear you say it,” Sooyoung replied with a pout, letting go of her boyfriend and looking him directly in the eyes.

 

 

Sunny could only laugh again before placing her gloved hand on her girlfriend’s cheek, “I love you too, Sooyoungie.”

 

“Get a room you two!” a voice suddenly called out, followed by a couple of car honks.

 

 

Sunny and Sooyoung jumped in their spots before turning to see Hyoyeon, Yuri, Tiffany and Yoona leaning out of a car and waving their arms around. They were both in the back seat with the windows open and the couple had a good look of Seohyun who had her hands on her face as if trying to hide her shame. Taeyeon was smiling from the driver’s seat and gave the two a thumbs up while Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

 

Sunny suddenly felt incredibly embarrassed and wondered how long their friends had been watching them. Sooyoung however felt the need to start a shouting match.

 

“You’re just jealous!!” Sooyoung cried out, using her hands to propel her voice.

 

“What? I have Sica! I’m not jealous!” Yuri screamed back, “Come on, Sica! Let’s show them how it’s really done!”

 

Sunny immediately forgot her embarrassment when Jessica pulled Yuri back into the car and smacked her upside the head. She burst into laughter when she could hear a faint apology come from Yuri’s mouth.

 

“Me too! I have Hyunnie!” Yoona then cried out, stopping there as if learning her lesson from her best friend.

 

“Guys, let’s get going I think I see a car coming,” Taeyeon stated as she stared at her rearview mirror, “We’ll see you guys there, okay?”

 

The couple nodded and waved at their noisy friends as they set off.

 

“I’m so sorry that they’re so ridiculous, oppa,” Sooyoung apologized as they watched them drive away.

 

“This coming from you?” Sungmin teased, earning him a jab from Sooyoung’s elbow.

 

Sooyoung decided to ignore the short boy’s comment as she pouted, “They ruined such a lovely moment.”

 

Sunny couldn’t help but giggle at Sooyoung’s complaint, “I’m sure we’ll have lots of lovely moments in the future.”

 

It wasn’t until that moment when Sunny realized something, “Were they all in the same car?”

 

 

“I think so,” Sooyoung replied while the two resumed their walking, “Weird how they all fit in one car.” And that’s when it hit Sooyoung as well, “Wait, so Fany was there too?”

 

Sunny looked over to Sooyoung and carefully analyzed her face. She seemed concerned as her face fell.

 

“I wonder if everything’s okay then?” she mumbled to herself.

 

Sunny’s eyes widened upon realization of what Sooyoung was referring to, “Wait, did Fany talk to you about Taengoo?”

 

Sooyoung slapped herself on the forehead, “Oh no, I said that out loud didn’t I? Wait, how do you know about Fany and Taeng?”

 

“I think you forget that Taengoo and I are still best friends,” Sungmin replied with a smile, “I know a lot more than you think.”

 

The taller girl let out a sigh and lowered her head a little, “Do you think Taeng is alright, oppa?”

 

Sunny shrugged, “You know her, she’s going to keep a strong front no matter what.” It was one of the things she admired the most about Taeyeon, but at the same time it was something she wished Taeyeon would ease up on. But no matter how much her friends showed their support, Taeyeon always had to be the strongest and she could never show her complete vulnerability.

 

Sooyoung kept silent and Sunny wondered if it was okay to push on further.

 

“What did…what did Tiffany say?” Sungmin asked slowly, “She rejected her, didn’t she?”

 

The taller girl nodded, “She said she couldn’t do it because Taeyeon wasn’t a guy.”

 

Sunny sighed, knowing exactly how Taeyeon must feel right now, “I was afraid that would be the problem.”

 

Silence fell between the two as the karaoke place got closer and closer in sight. Sunny noticed that the car was parked, but didn’t see any of their friends outside.

 

“They must have gone in already,” Sungmin said, finally saying something after five minutes of silence. He tugged on Sooyoung’s hand and headed towards the entrance, but Sooyoung refused to move.

 

Before Sunny could ask what was wrong, Sooyoung looked straight into her eyes and kept a serious expression. Suddenly Sunny felt extremely troubled and wondered if maybe Sooyoung had found out. Did she give herself away somehow?

 

 

Sooyoung’s mouth opened, but no sounds came out. She opened and closed it repeatedly as if unsure of what to say next. Sunny watched her carefully, her heart beating louder and faster with each silent second that passed.

 

“Oppa,” she started, her voice cutting through the cold air.

 

Sunny shivered and kept eye contact with the girl and nodded. She grew scared of what was going to happen next and she hoped that the gig wasn’t up just yet.

 

“What if we were like that?” she asked, her voice smaller than Sunny has ever hear before. But she wasn’t sure if it was because Sooyoung asked her like that, or if it was because she was completely imagining what she just said.

 

“What?”

 

“What if…what if I was a boy? Would you still like me?”

 

Sunny couldn’t believe what she was hearing, but figured it would be a bad sign to stutter then. It was difficult to breathe again, but she found the willpower to speak.

 

“Of course I would,” she responded honestly, giving Sooyoung a reassuring smile, “You’d still be the same old Sooyoung, after all. You’d probably just be taller, actually.”

 

Sungmin’s answer was exactly what Sooyoung wanted to hear. She giggled at Sungmin’s words and ruffled his hair, even taking off his hat in the process. A shot of happiness filled her body and she couldn't help but bounce in her spot. 

 

“Then you’d be in big trouble then, huh?” she teased, her face shining much brighter than before.

 

As much as Sunny wanted to ask the question back, she was still afraid to hear the answer and just grabbed Sooyoung’s hand, “Let’s meet up with the others now, they probably think we’re making out or something with how long we’re taking.”

 

The taller girl nodded and squeezed Sungmin’s hand, feeling incredibly secure with their relationship now. She didn’t mean to turn Taeyeon and Tiffany’s problems into something that revolved around her, but the thought of how things could have been different scared her somehow. With Sungmin’s answer however she felt even more loved than when he first told her those three words and even more certain that they’d be spending a very, very long time together.