The Show Must Go On

Tongue Tied

Taeyeon was pleased to say the least. Her choir was the first group up, opening the show and boy was their thirty seconds of performance flawless. She was b with pride at her sister who was in the centre of the group, glowing like an angel under the spotlight. It was a pity the girl was too young, she could have taken over the choir after Taeyeon graduated. But Taeyeon knew that she’d get the job eventually, it was written in the Kim blood.

Sooyoung had a knack for lighting and stage positioning and she directed the back stage volunteers with ease. Her loud, authoritative voice scared even the senior volunteers. Meanwhile, the teacher supervisors sat back and had a chat. It looked like Sooyoung and Taeyeon were truly the only ones in charge.

Sooyoung had the list of groups performing making notes, while Taeyeon was up in the front, monitoring the performances and sound board. The two worked quick like lightning and it looked like the rehearsals would end sooner than expected to everyone’s relief. They had to thank the two’s surprising organizational skills for that. It surprised both Taeyeon and Sooyoung, both not exactly being the most organized students in the school.

As promised, the other girls exited the auditorium when it was each other’s turns, all except for Taeyeon and Sooyoung who had to monitor. However, Tiffany made a special request for Taeyeon to be out of the room for hers.

The two had the intermission performance. Jessica would play on the piano while she and Tiffany sang a duet. Taeyeon wasn’t allowed to hear the duet apparently and Tiffany somehow convinced Sooyoung to let Taeyeon out of the room for their one 30 second interval.

Taeyeon, wanting to hear a sample of the song was reluctant upon leaving at first, but after seeing not only Tiffany’s pouty face, but Jessica’s too, she had no other choice. She exited the doors and stood next to Yuri who was clad in her team’s uniform.

“You guys don’t have to wear costumes until the dress rehearsal you know,” she commented as she pulled on Yuri’s shirt which ended right before her stomach.

“We know, but Hyo says we should get a proper feel of the clothes while on stage,” Yuri replied as she moved a little in her get up. It was a simple black shirt with ripped sleeves that ended before her stomach and red drop crotch pants. On the back it read “Choding 02” in the same red as her pants.

Taeyeon glanced over at the other team members who had similar outfits. Hyoyeon had a black hoodie that was opened and revealed a white tank top that read “Choding 1” and red leggings. Yoona wore a black crop top and red pants, while Sooyoung wore a black tank top and red shorts. And Sungmin, like the rest of the guys wore the reverse colour scheme, but instead he had a sleeveless hoodie and drop crotch pants like Yuri.

Taeyeon could tell that the screen printing had been home made since each wording looked slightly different and slightly crooked. It was cute however, giving them a rookie feel that also went along with their team name. Taeyeon was glad that she and Sooyoung chose their group to close the talent show, surely making it a night the audience will never forget.

“They’re done Taengoo!” Sooyoung called out, grabbing Taeyeon by the sleeve and pulling her into the audiotorium. The small girl was slightly disappointed, wanting to have the chance to talk to Yuri about the possibilities of what song their girlfriends were singing. But then again, Jessica probably smacked the girl every time she had asked.

When she returned to the auditorium, Taeyeon’s mouth dropped open at the sight of Tiffany draped in the spot light. It was breathtaking, and the girl was laughing at something allowing her to show off that damned eye smile. What was she laughing at? Taeyeon wondered. But she smiled anyway, feeling happiness fill her at the sight of her own significant other being happy.

“They sounded great,” Sooyoung whispered to Taeyeon as she linked arms with the girl and brought her near the stage again. “You’re going to love their performance.”

There was only one more week left, it was coming close enough.

The rest of the rehearsal went very well, and Taeyeon wished that she saw much more of the final performance. Of course Hyoyeon didn’t disappoint and it was interesting seeing Sunny dance so hard. She wondered how much the girl had practiced.

“And that’s a wrap!” Sooyoung called out cheerfully before starting a clean up.

The first rehearsal went so well that everyone just wanted the talent show to come already. Except for a few easy to fix mistakes, every group was flawless. It was surprising to Taeyeon, since there’s usually at least one group that needs to be kicked out for incompleteness, but it looked like this year’s group was perfect.

Even her own duet with Sooyoung went rather well. It seemed that the girl had rehearsed her part of the duet to the point of exhaustion. But she could tell that the younger girl was still a little nervous, her face various shades of pink throughout the song. The funny thing was, it wasn’t even a song for Sungmin or anyone for that matter. Taeyeon could see her having a lot of fun singing on stage, but she guessed that she wasn’t used to it. A few more rehearsals could fix that.

And Taeyeon’s other performance with Sunny went rather well. It was still strange hearing Sunny harmonize with her on such a low note since Sunny’s voice was usually high. But then again, it wasn’t Sunny but Sungmin who she was singing with. It was difficult at the moment to kick Sooyoung out, but Sungmin insisted that the performance be secret.

And then there was Taeyeon’s solo performance of a song she had been writing all year. Seohyun accompanied her on the piano, and after her performance came Seohyun’s own solo. Taeyeon hoped it wouldn’t bore the audience to have two ballads one right after another, but Sooyoung and the teacher supervisors reminded her of how much she was idolized throughout the school for her voice.

It was a surprise that her voice hadn’t given out by the end and with each second that passed, Taeyeon felt more and more nervous and excited about the talent show.

---

The day felt way too long for Sunny. The timing for break was awkward since she was back in Korea and was used to the American academic year and she couldn’t believe that there were only two weeks left for school.

Her deadline was soon approaching.

If Sunny were to be completely honest with herself, she was sick and tired of her charade. Not that she hated Sungmin, she loved him. She just hated deceiving Sooyoung.

She hated hearing that male pronoun, she hated it when Sooyoung called Sungmin her boyfriend because that just reminded her of how deep of a hole she had dug for herself.

Why did things have to come so far?

With each day that passed by, instead of that initial, evil, mischievous thought of tricking her friends, it has become a much deeper issue. Is she hurting her this way? She knows for certain that she’s hurting herself.

Surely, Tiffany will yell at her and be upset at being one of the last ones to find out, giggle then get over it, but Sooyoung? Will she hate Sunny? That thought never left her head.

But she’s gone too far, she already crossed the line when they started dating seriously, when they called each other boyfriend and girlfriend, when they told each other that they loved each other.

Sunny felt that love; she felt it so strongly almost every second of her life. At first it made all of the waiting worth it, because Sunny knew that she could never receive that love if she was her true self. Each day became a day to savour, a day to cherish until she had to tell the truth. But as it closed in on Sunny, each day became more terrifying.

And with Yuri and Hyoyeon now knowing, Sunny was even more aware of her surroundings. She could feel a sense of paranoia surround her and begin to engulf her slowly yet surely.

She was waiting outside of the auditorium for Sooyoung, sitting on the floor and hugging her knees close to her chest. Sooyoung and Taeyeon wouldn’t be out for another 15 minutes or so, leaving Sunny to wait alone, or so she thought.

Hyoyeon appeared from around the corner and bounced over to Sunny’s side, plopping down on the floor.

“You didn’t really think this through, huh?” she layed it on thick right away, no reservations whatsoever.

Sunny just chuckled, “You’re right, I didn’t.”

Hyoyeon nodded before rubbing Sunny’s knee tenderly, “What did you want to get from this?”

Sunny hummed, unsure at this point what her initial intention was. It was all a blur at this point.

“It’s complicated,” she muttered, even though it really wasn’t. It was as straightforward as possible, from the start. “It was just a grand entrance after being gone for so long,” she continued to mumble, refusing to look up from her knees. “I thought it would be funny.”

Hyoyeon reached out for Sunny’s hand and intertwined their fingers.

“Your hands are way too soft and small to be a boy’s,” she said as she played with Sunny’s small digits. “Anyway, it would have been funny, if you made it all the way through. I would’ve died of laughter at seeing Jessica, Fany and etc looking so shocked. You probably would have laughed at my surprised face as well, even though you would’ve been beat up too.”

Sunny just nodded, smiling slightly at the thought.

“But things changed,” Hyoyeon continued, dropping her fingers and simply squeezing Sunny’s palm. “You fell in love?”

They weren’t kids anymore, they were barely teens anymore. Now, they were adults and facing a world of confusion and uncertainty. There was no more playing around, there was only reality.

Sunny shook her head, “I’ve always been in love,” she said lowly, “I kept it hidden after leaving, but it all resurfaced when she first looked at me…like that.”

Hyoyeon smiled sadly at Sunny, “How long?” She knew the feeling of hidden love well.

“Since we were kids, I think,” she answered honestly with a little shrug. The shrug was weak as Sunny’s body began to drain itself of energy.

Hyoyeon just nodded, unsure of what to say next. She didn’t even know that Sunny had feelings for girls, let alone real genuine feelings for Sooyoung. And to learn that they had been around for so long?

“I’ll help you keep it a secret until grad,” she said reassuringly, squeezing Sunny’s hands again. “I’m the master of pranks, remember?”

Sunny chuckled, a few of her tears squeezing out of her eyes at Hyoyeon’s compassion. She couldn’t cry now, she had to hold it in.

“Thanks Hyo.”

Hyoyeon let go of her hand and slapped her back, “It’s good hearing your voice again Sunny.”

After Hyoyeon left for home, Sunny banged her head against the wall. She felt like crying again, but it had to stop so Sooyoung wouldn’t be suspicious. Maybe if Hyoyeon was still around she could’ve lied that the girl had punched her, but here she was alone in the hallway.

Alone.

The word bounced around in her head, pounding against the walls of her mind. Would she be alone after Sooyoung found out the truth?

The door opened and first poured out the teachers. Sooyoung and Taeyeon followed after, the shorter of the two offering her best friend a hand up.

“You two worked really hard,” Sungmin complimented as he hugged the two. “It looks like the talent show will go off without a hitch!”

Sooyoung sighed, “I hope so! It’s so stressful carrying this out. It’s like the show is my own precious baby.”

Taeyeon chuckled before nodding, “It is pretty nerve wrecking but you know me Sungmin, I don’t get the major jitters until the night before.”

“We better bring barf bags during dress rehearsal then,” Sungmin joked, patting Taeyeon on the back.

Sooyoung’s face contorted in disgust, “Ugh, make sure you’re at least 15 feet away from me, okay Taengoo?”

---

Jessica was over at Yuri’s house this time, lying on her girlfriend’s bed sketching for a final project while the taller girl worked out in her room.

Yuri had a ritual of working out before getting to work so she could get her mind going and keep her motivation up. Unfortunately for Jessica however, it made her very distracted. Instead of keeping her pencil to the sketchbook, all she could do was make sure her eyes were following the soft curve of Yuri’s back.

She let out a heavy sigh, wanting so badly to have the time to draw a Yuri. Alas, school prevented her from doing her current favourite past time.

“Yuri, put on a shirt,” the girl cried out from the bed. “Your stupid stomach is distracting.”

Yuri wiped the sweat off her brow, “But I’m really hot Sica!”

Jessica sighed, “Fine whatever, just come over here I don’t want to work anymore.”

Yuri giggled, it had only been 20 minutes since they arrived in her room and honestly the two barely got anything done. But she complied to Jessica’s request and laid in bed with her, allowing Jessica to wrap her arms around her sweaty body.

She closed her eyes, inhaling Jessica’s scent and focusing her attention on the girl’s warmth as her mind wandered. Soon, the talent show would arrive and then graduation. What happened after that? Their schools weren’t that far from each other, but surely they would be too busy to hang out the way they were now. So she decided that she had to treasure moments like this.

Yuri’s mind continued to wander, and she suddenly remembered what happened earlier. So Tiffany and Sooyoung were the only ones who didn’t know, huh? That means it was safe to talk about it with her girlfriend.

She opened her eyes and looked over at Jessica who was tracing small circles over her stomach. Yuri had gotten over the ticklish sensation ages ago since it was one of Jessica’s favourite past times. Instead, she smiled lovingly at Jessica before beginning to her hair.

“So I know about Sunny,” she whispered casually.

The sentence caused Jessica to freeze before she looked up at Yuri with wide eyes.

“What?! Did that midget screw up again?”

Yuri blushed, remembering the events from earlier, “Actually, it was kind of Hyoyeon and my fault…”

Jessica’s eyes became narrow slits as she looked at Yuri suspiciously, “What do you mean?”

“We kind of peeked…”

There goes the slap Yuri expected. She groaned and rubbed her shoulder tenderly, rubbing the now red flesh.

“It was Hyo’s idea! We just wanted to tease Sungmin since he took such long showers,” Yuri continued, poking her fingers together innocently. “We didn’t mean to make Sungmi- I mean Sunny drop her towel.”

Both girls’ faces turned completely red and all that could be heard was another smack from Jessica. Yuri had paid back for her sins and made a note to never peek at anyone ever again, even if it was just for fun.

When Jessica calmed down from her slight anger and jealousy, the two looked at each other again, thinking about the same thing. Sunny and Sooyoung.

“So you know the situation, right?” Jessica asked carefully, now the red mark she left on her girlfriend. She felt a little sorry, just a little.

Yuri nodded before letting out a soft sigh, “What is Sunny going to do? What if this ends badly? Will they break up? Will their friendship be ruined? Are we going to break up?”

Another smack.

“You idiot, why would we break up?” Jessica asked incredulously. But she placed her hands on Yuri’s shoulders, trying to calm her down. Yuri could get so worrisome and out of control sometimes. “Anyway, I don’t know, but I honestly don’t think it’ll end very well.”

Yuri closed her eyes and allowed Jessica to shake her, feeling her nerves flow out of her. It wasn’t even her problem, but the prospect of Sunny hurting in the future didn’t feel good at all. It felt horrible, and honestly she had been thinking about it the whole time since she found out Sungmin’s true identity. She knew Hyoyeon was too, the girl wasn’t hitting as hard as usual earlier.

“We never know,” Yuri then said, exhaling slowly. “She touches my all the time, and I know she touches yours too.” She shrugged, “People could be unpredictable, right? You never truly know anyone’s preferences.”

“There’s a clear difference between a ert and a homoual, Yuri-ah,” Jessica said affectionately as she patted the taller girl’s cheek. Oh if only uality were so simple and straightforward.

“I think Sooyoung will be more hurt at the fact that Sunny lied,” Jessica muttered as she snuggled into Yuri. She could feel the worry seep out of Sungmin as the awaited day came closer and closer, and it made her feel blue too. She wished that she could do more, they all did.

“She’s not so shallow that she’ll be more upset that Sungmin wasn’t real,” Jessica continued, her voice almost a whisper now. “She’ll be mad at Sunny for deceiving her, that’s for sure. And she’ll probably deny that Sunny’s in love with her. She’ll probably accuse her of faking that as well. You know, defense mechanisms and all.”

Yuri nodded, holding Jessica close to her and shutting her eyes. She wanted to add more to the conversation, but it would probably be better not to dwell on the topic any longer. In the end, it was Sunny’s choice on what to do, and it was Sunny and Sooyoung who would be affected the most. Right now, all they could really do is wait, and be there by their friends’ side when they need them most.

---

Yoona couldn’t believe what she saw on her phone! Sunny unnie just had to let her secret spill to two more people when her big reveal was just around the corner. She was disappointed to be frank, Sunny should’ve been a lot more careful. She expected her to be more cautious. What would she do if everyone found out prematurely? Then everything would have been for absolute naught.

Upon seeing Hyoyeon and Yuri’s texts, she invited herself over to Seohyun and Taeyeon’s house and called over the blonde boy for an emergency meeting. They seriously had to discuss this issue ASAP.

Sunny groaned, having almost been home after dropping Sooyoung off at her house. But she complied and jogged over to Taeyeon’s house. She couldn’t be alone anyway, she shouldn’t be alone with the kind of thoughts she was having. At this point she felt that she was going crazy, the endless voices in her head refusing to go away. They spoke of the future, of her break up with Sooyoung, of the loss of the perfect happiness that she had with her signifant other. Or more, the artificial perfect happiness that stemmed from a disguise.

When she arrived, Yoona was sitting on the couch with her arms crossed and her gaze firm. Taeyeon was holding her hand and brought her in to sit on the other couch while Seohyun offered her tea.

“What is it boss?” Sunny asked jokingly, giving Yoona a lopsided smile. It took a lot of energy to move the muscles in . But when the younger girl only glared back at her, Sunny knew that she wasn’t in a joking mood.

“Unnie! You have less than two weeks and two more people found out today!” Yoona complained, her words surprising Taeyeon. Not only was it news to her, Yoona’s voice had much more vigor than she was used to.

“What?! Who found out? When?” she turned to Sunny and shook her, “Why didn’t you tell me, Soonkyu?”

Sunny suddenly felt incredibly overwhelmed by the sudden attack of both Yoona and Taeyeon. She understood that they were shocked and she could feel their disappointment. She couldn’t find any words or excuses and simply sat there as her friends looked at her with concern.

“Hyoyeon unnie and Yuri unnie found out today while peeking on Sunny,” Yoona answered Taeyeon’s question, her arms still folded. “Those damn erts, and Sunny was so close.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she imagined the many different possibilities of what Hyoyeon and Yuri could’ve seen. Eventually, her cheeks turned slightly pink and she shook her head of her…thoughts. And then she noticed that Sunny’s eyes looked wet.

She took Sunny into an embrace and squeezed her, not surprised when Sunny started to wail and sob into her shoulder. The four decided to wait until Sunny was done and sat there in silence, soaking up Sunny’s tears. Her cry was loud and heart breaking, they wanted nothing more but to make it stop.

“I’m sorry,” Sunny said when she finally managed to compose herself. “I almost passed out earlier. I thought that maybe Sooyoung was with them.”

Yoona nodded, “Maybe we should keep a closer watch on Sooyoung when you’re changing so this doesn’t happen again?” She scratched her chin in thought and made a mental note to never let Sooyoung out of her sight when Sungmin is changing. They were so close to the end, they couldn’t slip up now!

Seohyun agreed with her girlfriend and clasped her hands together, “We’ll help you unnie! We’ll make sure Sooyoung unnie is distracted and won’t even come close to the boys’ changing room while you’re there.”

Sunny gazed at her precious younger friends and smile sadly at them, appreciative for their support and offers to help out the situation. But something had truly been bothering her since the day had begun.

“Guys, I’m starting to rethink things,” she announced, looking away now.

Yoona, Taeyeon and Seohyun all glanced at each other, wondering what Sunny could possibly be talking about.

“I think I’m going to break up with her.”

All three of the other girls stood up at once and objected in unison.

“Are you joking?”

“Unnie, no!”

“Sunny! We talked about this already,” Taeyeon said calmly after screaming Sunny’s name. She knew she had to be calm, she had to be reasonable and calculated. Sunny was like glass right now, and she was on thin ice, as she had described to her before. One strong reaction and Sunny could break before them.

“You can’t just break up with her? What are you going to tell her? What are your reasons?” Taeyeon continued to ask, taking Sunny’s hand into her own. She could feel the sweat on her palms and wiped it on her shirt, trying her best to help Sunny calm down.

“Anything,” Sunny replied weakly, “I’ll just tell her I’m not in love with her anymore. You know high school relationships can be fleeting, I’m sure she’ll understand.”

Sunny sounded completely dejected and her friends could practically see her spirit flying out of her body. They all felt helpless at the sight, but Yoona felt angry for Sunny’s weakness. This wasn’t what she expected from her unnie, she expected more, she expected her to fight.

They all knew the reveal was inevitable, but Yoona wanted Sunny to fight for Sooyoung, to fight for her heart, for her feelings because any which way you look at it, Sungmin IS Sunny. And if Sooyoung could be with Sungmin, she could be with Sunny too. They just had to believe it, they had no other choice but to. It was was made her support Sunny’s disguise in the first place. The idea that Sooyoung could fall in love with Sungmin, and after accept Sunny’s love in the same way.

“No,” Yoona objected, standing up now. “Sunny unnie, you can’t give up like this. You’re just running away, you know?” Her gaze pierced Sunny, and the older girl knew that she was right. But she’s had enough, she’s had enough with worrying, with hoping, with letting another day pass by as her doom approached.

“Yoong,” Sunny replied, standing up at well. She didn’t even care at this point that her eye level wasn’t the same. She didn’t even care that liquid wouldn’t stop pouring from her eyes. She could barely breathe and she was surprised that she could even talk.

“You just don’t understand, no one understands,” she started, looking down and watching her tears soil the carpet. “You got your princess, you got your happy ending. Joohyun loves you, she loves you, Im Yoona, not someone you made up. How would you know how I feel? How do you know I can’t just give up? I’ve been trying my best Yoona, I’ve been fighting so hard so far.”

Silence.

“Do you see the way Sooyoung looks at me? No, not me, Sungmin. It’s hard to meet her gaze lately. Whenever I see her, whenever I feel that look, whenever I feel her touch, whenever she kisses me all I can think about now is that it’s not for me. It’s for Sungmin, this boy that she’s in love with. I’m done with fantasizing that this is going to end with her acknowledging that Sungmin and Sunny are the same person and that she’s just going to fall for me, and love me the same way she loves me right now. I know, I know you say it’s going to be difficult at first, but she’ll accept me in the end, but she’s not. She will never love me the way she loved Sungmin and that’s it. The thought hurts. It hurts so much.

The idea sinks in deeper and deeper each day and I’m back at day one. I’m back at the whole reason I started this thing. I’m back to hating myself for not being a boy, for not making things easy by just being a Sungmin instead of a Sunny. I’m back to hating myself for not being the person I need to be, to be with the person I love. So how can you tell me what to do? Breaking up, running away is the only way to end this without finding out that Sooyoung would never love me back in return. It may sound like a cowards way out, but I don’t have the strength to face the truth anymore. I can barely make it another day with the thought that the end is near. You guys don’t understand, maknaes, you have each other and Taeng has Tiffany.”

Yoona didn’t know how to reply, she could only think of what she’d feel like if Seohyun didn’t love her back, if Seohyun had rejected her back then. She’d be broken now, that was for certain.

The girls listened to the sound of Sunny’s sobs and felt at a loss for words.

“I-If Yoong didn’t love me,” Seohyun’s soft voice broke the silence and everyone turned to her. She looked uncertain, but her eyes remained clear with resolve. “If Yoong didn’t love me back, then I’d love her anyway until she looks at me the way I look at her.”

Taeyeon hated that Seohyun was the one trying to comfort Sunny now. Those were the words that were jumbled up in her head, but she found it difficult to speak right now. She could feel Sunny’s pain as if it were her own and before she knew it, she was crying too. She wanted to be the one to give Sunny supporting words and solid advice. She wanted to give her best friend the strength to carry on and not give up, but she felt too weak at the sight of a broken Sunny before her, tears not refusing to stop pouring from her eyes.

But she accepted it and simply watched as her little sister continued.

“I know this might sound even harder than what you’re doing right now unnie,” Seohyun continued, walking towards the small girl and wiping her tears with a handkerchief.

“But maybe, instead of running away, you run towards her?”

Yoona, Taeyeon and Sunny all stared at Seohyun with an eyebrow raised.

“Huh?” Yoona squeaked, unsure of where her girlfriend was going with her speech.

“What if you just told her the truth now?” Seohyun insisted. It was weird making the suggestion considering that the meetup only happened because more people found out. They were supposed to work on masking Sunny better. But Seohyun thought it made sense, what if instead of prolonging the inevitable and stretching the pain that Sunny was feeling, she just let it all go now?

Sunny spoke of ending the pain here by taking Sungmin out of the picture and breaking up with Sooyoung. But that was indeed the coward’s way out and no one would be happy with that ending. It may be easier for Sunny now, but Seohyun knew that her unnie would regret not telling the truth sooner or later. She took in a deep breath, trying her best to keep her composure. She was the only one in the room not crying and it was difficult keeping that title.

“That’s impossible,” Sunny shook her head and turned away from all her friends. “Where could I even begin? How could I possibly do that?” The idea seemed far too rash, far too risky. It could barely process in Sunny’s mind where all she wanted to do was escape.

Taeyeon shook her head, now understanding where her little sister was going with her idea.

“I know you’re not going to break up with Sooyoung, no matter how convincing you think you sound right now Soonkyu,” Taeyeon chuckled a little before wiping her nose with her sleeve. She had heard Sunny break down more times than she’d like to, and she knew how Sunny worked in and out. Breakdown now, self prep talk after, and then she’d drag on her charade because she doesn’t want to shatter Sooyoung’s heart anytime soon with a lame break up.

And then she’d cover it up to everyone, saying that she wants to surprise at least a few people with her initial prank. She’d laugh it off the way Sunny does, it was what she was good at after all, and everyone would laugh with her. It would be a bittersweet reunion, with some talking about how they never suspected a thing, or some of the girls sharing stories of their suspicions from the beginning.

But now with as far as they’ve gone, all that mattered was how Sooyoung received her in the end.

“I know you, you’re not going to run from this, no matter how much it hurts. You’re going to beat yourself up until the final day, bruise your mind, heart and soul just so you don’t have to hurt Sooyoung by breaking up with her. We both know that that is exactly how it’s going to go down.

So think about it like this, do you want her to find out at the last possible second and have her blow up? You’d be prolonging your agony and with each day that passes by, you’ll be more and more miserable. Don’t even try to deny that it isn’t already happening Sunny, we can all see it,” Taeyeon went on, grabbing onto Sunny’s hand again. She squeezed the tiny hand, hoping that Sunny was really thinking about this option from the second Seohyun brought it up.

“Or do you think that maybe, just maybe you can get this done and over with and tell her the truth as soon as you can?”

The three girls stared at Sunny as she stood there in thought. So many possibilities, so many options, which path was the one she wanted to go down? It was true, whether she told Sooyoung now or later, the result would be the same. A week couldn’t change the way Sooyoung reacted to the truth.

And it was true. No matter how many times Sunny tempted herself with the easy way out, of just breaking things off with Sooyoung as Sungmin, she knew that she could never actually pull it off. She’d rather see Sooyoung be mad at her forever for lying than see Sooyoung cry for a second because she broke her heart.

But it was difficult. Sunny knew it would be, they all did. She had wanted to tell Sooyoung the truth for a while now, but she had been too scared to do so. She wanted to take the easy route out and prolong the inevitable. But Taeyeon was right about her, she was always right. Sunny has had this break down before, and it always ended the same way. She’d wake up the next morning and take her place as Sungmin again without any hesitation.

Courage.

She needed courage. Sunny gulped and closed her eyes, trying her hardest to calm down the erratic beating of her heart. Yes, she should just get it over with. No more abusive cycles.

No more running away.

“I’ll tell her.”