Oven

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Credits: stephie<3




|04| Oven
 

“Don’t hop around”
– Kwon MinWoo



EXCERPT OF KIM SOOJIN’S EXCHANGE OF TEXT MESSAGES IN JUNIOR HIGH


JiWoon: You tell everyone I’m GAY??!!! Are you NUTS??!!

SooJin: Why do you sound so surprised? Aren’t you? ^_^ I told you that it must have slipped from my mouth.

JiWoon: Yah Kim SooJin!! I’m gonna get you for this!! By the way, I’m sorry too, for telling everyone that you sell your own for money. It must have slipped from my mouth too.

SooJin: Yah Kang JiWoon!!!! How dare you!! No wonder that creepy boy asked me whether my are washed or not. He’s lucky that I only kicked his balls instead of killing him. Eugh!! You are so disgusting!!

JiWoon: Serves you right for messing with me! Besides, that boy you went fishing with, that JunHyun guy, he’s a douche.

SooJin: It’s none of your business that he’s a douche!!

JiWoon: See? You just admitted yourself that he’s a douche.

SooJin: I didn’t!! Go do something else. I’m very busy right now. I’ve no time for your nonsense.

JiWoon: Okay then. Just go be with your douche. Ha ha ha!


10 minutes later...

SooJin: JunHyun, do you know that guy Kang JiWoon from our school?

JunHyun: Yes. What about him?

SooJin: He’s gay and he’s been telling everyone how much he loves you and that he’s going to make you his. Just beware of this guy. He’s very2 dangerous. If I were you, I’d punch him in the face. And oh, don’t forget to tell everyone.


*****************


They say life is full of surprises. They weren’t kidding. Life is full of surprises. Take this awkward situation that I’ve got going on. I was really surprised by y creature being there and judging by that y constipated look on his face, he was definitely surprised as well.

I blinked rapidly. 

Sh1t! 
I wish I had the magician’s skills of disappearing. I wish I could vanish right then and there. To be seen in that hideous, slu.tty looking bunny outfit was definitely embarrassing me to the max.

The six guys, Mr. Kwon in particular, stared at me, waiting for my response.

I began to laugh awkwardly. “Miss Kim? Who’s that? Not me! Hah hah hah,” I said in a nasal tone. In a desperate measure to disguise, I had to change my voice or else he’d recognise me.

“I thought you said your name is Kim SooJin?” one of them asked.

“Kim SooJin??? Pftt.. who’s that?! Hah hah hah. I’m, err, Yim SooYim! That’s right! Yim SooYim. You definitely heard wrong. Hah hah hah,” I said.

“Yim SooYim? What kind of name is that?” another guy said, scrunching his nose.

y creature crossed his arm and stared at me, a small smile crept up on his y face. I bet he could see through all the lies.

The six handsome guys stared at me expectantly. 
I needed to do something.
I had to distract them.

“Look, it’s Lee HyoRi!!!” I shouted and pointed at some random girl dancing with her friends on the dance floor.

Sorry random girl! 
A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

The trick worked. Upon hearing the name Lee HyoRi, the six pair of eyes that were once watching me coldly began to avert towards the dance floor, towards the random ‘HyoRi’ that I pointed at.

I immediately took the opportunity to flee the scene. I needed to get away from y creature. Whatever happens after this, I swear I will pretend to be shocked if he asked me about tonight. I’ll bring the lie to the grave if possible.

I just couldn’t let him know that he had seen me in a slu.tty bunny outfit.
He would definitely look down on me. Not that he ever thought highly of me.
I bet in his mind, I was already the country idiot.

I went to hide behind a wall far from y creature’s table and tried to calm down. He wouldn’t see me here, I was sure of it. In a moment, I would run my maximum speed to Mr. Han and tell him that I was going home before I took the taxi home.

Yes, I had got myself the most perfect plan. I made a silent countdown in my head to start my speed-of-light run towards Mr. Han.

One.

Two. 

“What are you doing?” a voice suddenly interrupted my silent countdown.

“Aish, be quiet. I’m going to run no-,” I stopped in mid-sentence when I realized whose voice it was. I turned to look, my heart pounding crazily.

y creature was looking at me funny with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Yim SooYim, huh?”

***

My toes were curled.

It was a sign, a sign that I was dead embarrassed. 
Well, I was beyond embarrassed. This is the time when I wished that time machine had been invented so that I could go back to the time when I decided to help that stupid punk wannabe J.Blige and slapped some sense into myself.

I looked to the left. I looked to the right. I looked to the front.
y creature was still staring at me.
D.amn!

He cleared his throat. “So, this is the important thing that you’ve to help your friend with? To be a bunny in a bar?” he said. It sounded like he was mocking me but him being the cold person that I knew he was, I wasn’t quite sure.

“I’m not a bunny!” I said defensively, “I’m a waitress who happens to dress up in a bunny suit. Mind you, it’s two different things. I’m not going to eat carrot all day. Plus, I don’t have all that fur. Heh heh heh,” I said and snorted.

It was kinda ridiculous.

y creature shook his head. “Miss Kim, what are you even doing here? Are you really helping a friend?”

I nodded. 

“You’re telling me that it’s true?” Mr. Kwon asked.

I nodded again.
I was too embarrassed to even say a word.

His face changed. He was looking at me but he wasn’t really looking at me, if you know what I mean. It’s like he was thinking of something else. “Go home, Miss Kim. It’s not nice for a young country girl like you to dress up like this,” he said finally.

Then, y creature did the unthinkable. He took off his jacket and put it around my shoulder. It was still warm from him wearing it and I could smell the faint tint of his cologne.

“Go home.”
“Bb-but..”

“No buts. If I see you hopping around like a bunny in here again, I’ll cut down your pay,” he actually sounded serious when he said that.

“But why??!!!! Besides, I don’t hop!!” I protested.

y creature rolled his eyes and then turned around to head back to his friends. Suddenly, he stopped and turned his head to flash me a toothy grin.

“And by the way Miss Kim, you have a piece of chilli stuck between your teeth.”

***

There is no stopping me.
I’m going to KILL J.Blige.
I’m going to cut her into pieces and bury them in the forest.
I’m going to kill her like I kill my chickens; fast and clean.

As far as I’m concerned, she was the cause of all this.

Argh! Thinking about what happened that night just made my toes curled. Scratch that, I think my whole body curled of embarrassment. 

And to think that I had a piece of chilli stuck in between my teeth the whole time I was waitressing at the club! People must be wondering why this bunny has chilli on her teeth. When I asked Mr. Han why he didn’t tell me about it, he said that he thought that was how my teeth naturally looked like. I mean, come on! Who in the world ‘naturally’ have chilli stuck on their teeth? Was he stupid?

Mr. Han, like J.Blige, should just be killed like chickens.
I don’t know how I am going to be able to face y creature after this.

When I arrived at the apartment, I opened the door to find J.Blige and Mr. Kwon’s aunt sitting on my bed. 
I blinked rapidly.

This is so not happening. 

She wasn’t supposed to be there so that I could kill J.Blige.
What is she doing here anyways? I wonder how she knew where I lived.

“SooJin-shi!!” the aunt exclaimed with glee and clapped upon seeing me. That was her, always clapping.
“Hi, Aunt Mina,” I said and bowed awkwardly. Luckily I had changed out of my bunny outfit into my casual attire. If not, I bet she wouldn’t be clapping as happily as she is now. “What brings you here at this late hour?” I asked.

Before Aunt Mina could answer, J.Blige suddenly stood up and walked towards me, exclaiming, “Oh my God, SooJin!! Why didn’t you tell me, you naughty girl? And I thought I was the only one with good news!”

I frowned at her, puzzled at what in the world she was talking about. What good news?
“Err.. what do you mean?” I asked.

“You’re engaged?!!! That’s awesome!! I didn’t know that you’ve got it in you, country girl! Congratulations!” J.Blige exclaimed happily, hugging me tightly.

Aunt Mina started to clap enthusiastically again.

I bit my lips, trying to stop myself from swearing out loud.
Before this, I was deeply humiliated by y creature. After that, his aunt came to my house to tell my punk wannabe roommate about my ‘engagement’.
This night is not turning up good. NOT good at all.

“T-t-thanks,” I stammered when J.Blige finally let go. 
“And Aunt Mina told me that you guys met at the market? And some more, it was love at first sight? So very country! I think I might do a song on this,” she said.
“Don’t forget that it was ka-boom!” Aunt Mina added.

Blabbermouth! 

J.Blige and Aunt Mina laughed gleefully in unison like a family while I forced my widest grin. 

When I had agreed to be his pretend fiancée, y creature didn’t warn me beforehand that he had a stalker-type, overly-enthusiastic aunt. If he did, I would have definitely rejected his offer.

“Seriously, Aunt Mina, what brings you here? How do you know I live here?” I asked. I needed to get her to leave so that I can live the rest of the night peacefully. Acting as someone’s fiancée to his overly enthusiastic aunt sure was consuming so much energy from me.

“So, I’ll leave you two now,” J.Blige excused herself. Hearing that, you might think that she was going to leave us alone but no; J.Blige went to sit on her bed, watching us with an amused expression on her face.

“I sent the bodyguard to find out wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter