Lost in The Woods

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Credits: Ena_Dae @ soompi  

 

 

“We’re going to die!”

-Kim SooJin-

 

15| Lost in The Woods

 

10 OF THE REASONS WHY KIM SOOJIN FALLS FOR KWON MINWOO

1.      Obviously, he’s a gorgeous, y creature (Think: Superior genes)

2.      He is one of the richest guy on the planet (Think: Multimillionaire)

3.      He is young. (Think: Active marriage *ehem*)

4.      He doesn’t snore. (Think: Peaceful beauty sleep)

5.      He is perfect to flaunt to other women. (Think: Envious friends)

6.      He drives a luxurious car. (Think: Chauffeured outing)

7.      He is one of the most eligible bachelors in South Korea (Think: Magazine covers)

8.      He makes my heart beat faster. (Think: Healthy heart)

9.      My Umma and siblings are fond of him. (Think: Happy family).

10.  He is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. (No need to think. What else do you want?!)

 

*************************

 

I was so frustrated with Kwon MinWoo so I went to wander around town.

 

So he said that I can’t love him, huh? Well fine! I’ll look for someone else. Does he think that he’s the only y creature on the planet?

 

Think again, dear MinWoo, because HyunBin is one y creature too!

 

Frustrated, I entered a cafe, ordered a coffee and sat down at one of the tables available.

I was drinking the coffee and felt the foam on my upper lips. I reached out for a tissue to wipe it off but my tissue was already gone; someone had taken it out of my reach. I looked up only to find HyunBin leaning forward towards me, towards my lips.

 

The famous foam kiss in Secret Garden was going to happen to me! HyunBin is going to kiss me in the same mesmerizing way that he did in the drama.

 

My heart was pounding so loudly in my chest and I waited eagerly for his lips to reach mine.

 

He was close, so close. Just a few more seconds, and his soft lips will be—

 

“Wake up, Unnie! WAKE UP!”

 

Aish.

 

If there is one thing that I hated the most in this world, it would be people waking me up from sleep when I’m in the middle of a sweet dream— especially one which involves kissing HyunBin. His lips were only seconds away! I could almost taste him already!

 

Frustrated, I stubbornly shut my eyes tight, trying hard to resume back the dream. Where was I just now?

 

Oh right.

 

HyunBin’s lips were only centimetres away from mine and he leaned forward, his eyes loo—

 

“WAKE UP UNNIE! This is an emergency!!”

 

Aish! The voice sure was persistent. I decided to ignore it, trying hard to resume my supposed ‘foam kiss’ with HyunBin.

 

“UNNIE!! WAKE UP!! This concerns your fiancé!!”

 

My eyes immediately shot wide open and they met with SooJung’s who was standing a few inches away from the bed. I sat up straight on the bed and gave her a look.

 

“What emergency?” I yawned, “What about my fiancé?”

 

SooJung’s bright eyes showed some signs of panic. “Appa—” she paused for a while to take a deep breath, “Appa has brought him out to hike like he said he would yesterday!”

 

I blinked rapidly. I almost had forgotten about Appa’s request for MinWoo to go hiking with him. Oh my God! For all I know, Appa might beat him up in the woods for impregnating me.

 

Oh, this cannot be! I need to do something!

 

“When? How long has it been?” I asked in exasperation. At the back of my head, the scenarios of Appa beating up MinWoo—in so many different ways—were already on non-stop replay. I shuddered at the thought.

 

“They left about half an hour ago,” SooJung replied, “Appa had brought the hiking bag with him. It looks like he’s going to take your fiancé for a thorough tour of the forest.”

 

Oh my God! This can’t be happening.

 

When I was little, whenever I fought with SungMin, Appa would bring the two of us deep into the forest for some ‘educational tour’. In truth, there was nothing educational about the tour except from Appa leaving us without food for five hours before he finally came back to get us. It was his style of teaching us to tolerate each other and to repent on our behaviour.

 

I am so frightened for MinWoo’s fate.

 

Judging from his Richie Rich upbringing, he certainly would not know anything about the forest. I pity him; he might be left alone in the forest by now.

 

Hurriedly, I went to take the world’s quickest shower, hurriedly got dressed and went to find Umma at the kitchen. She was happily humming to herself as she prepared some tea. The smell of fresh butter and toast reached my nostrils and for a moment, I forgot why I was rushing. It has been nearly a month since I last had my breakfast with them; a breakfast made by my mother.

 

When Umma saw me, she flashed me a wide grin with her eyes twinkling. “Ah, SooJin! You’re awake. Come, have some breakfast,” she chirped happily, motioning for me to join my sisters at the dinner table. SooJung was in the midst of taking a big bite of her toast. SunMi grinned at me while she buttered her toast while SoHyun set an empty plate at the empty spot, presumably it was intended for me.

 

Luckily, I came back to my senses and reminded myself the reason why I was rushing. I couldn’t even afford to lose even a few seconds. MinWoo might be crying for his life now for all I know.

 

“Umma, why didn’t you stop Appa?!!” I yelled.

 

Umma stopped what she was doing and looked up at me in confusion. “Why didn’t I stop him from what?” she inquired.

 

I groaned loudly. “Stop pretending! I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Because of you, MinWoo might end up being killed by a bear!” I said.

 

Umma’s eyes widened. “Your Appa—” she stuttered, her face pale, “You mean he’s taken him to the forest for real? I thought he was joking last night! He told me this morning that they’re only going for a walk.”

 

“How come you don’t know but SooJung knows about it?” I asked, turning my head to give SooJung a look. Umma turned to look at her as well.

 

“I saw him taking the hiking bag before he left,” SooJung answered innocently and continued munching on her toast, “And besides, I heard him say to MinWoo oppa that they’re going to see the beautiful forest.”

 

Upon hearing that, I panicked. “Argh! I shouldn’t have wasted any time. Appa must have left him alone by now,” I said in frustration, rushing to get out of the house.

 

Umma followed me from behind, her eyes were on me as she watched me put on my Kiniko sports shoes. “I’m sorry SooJin-ah. Once your Appa gets back, I’ll make sure that he pays for it. Oh, poor MinWoo,” Umma said, her eyes glistening, “He must be so scared. Save him, SooJin-ah. He might be traumatized for life.”

 

I rolled my eyes. It seems like Umma was more worried about MinWoo than she was about me. I mean, I was going out on an empty stomach. What if I die of hypoglycaemic in my heroic attempt to save my fiancé from the big bad wolf in the forest? Hadn’t she thought of that?

 

I glared at her. “Umma, pack me some breakfast. I might die of hunger later,” I said.

 

Umma nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes. She rushed inside to the kitchen and within seconds she was back with a plastic bag with colourful tupperwares containing food that was enough to serve about five persons. She also had included a tumbler, presumably containing the tea that she was in the midst of preparing just now.

 

“Make sure you feed MinWoo ok?” Umma said as she handed me the plastic bag, “Poor thing, he must be starving!”

 

I resisted the urge to yell at her to remind her that I was her daughter—her own flesh and blood— so she should be more concerned about me. However, I figured that I should not waste anymore time so I hurriedly went to the hill and followed the trail that leads deep inside the woods; the trail that Appa used to lead me when I was small.

 

“MinWoo!!” I yelled, “MinWoo!!”

 

It was quite tiring when you’re hungry and going up a hill with a heavy weight in your hands. I was getting impatient for not hearing a reply from him. I had forgotten to take my cellphone with me due to rushing just now. It would be much easier if I could call him to inquire his whereabouts, assuming that MinWoo had brought his cellphone along with him.

 

“SooJin? I’m here!”

 

I heard his voice calling for me so I rushed following the direction from which the voice came from. Oh, he sounded so scared. Appa must have left him to die, that old heartless man!

 

“I’m coming MinWoo. Don’t be afraid!” I called. I walked the fastest that I could, using every ounce of energy within me. In my mind, there was only one thing: MinWoo needed my help. Finally, I saw him sitting underneath a tree, looking like a homeless man who was hungry beyond words.

 

Oh, poor abandoned creature!

 

“MinWoo!” I said, “Come, let me bring you home. Don’t be afraid, I’m here.” I held out a hand for him to take.

 

MinWoo looked at my hand then at my face in utter confusion. Oh my God, he must be scared sh1t out of his mind to even be thinking straight. Appa would pay for this, that creep! How dare he leave my fiancé alone in the forest to rot?

 

“Afraid? Why should I be af—”

 

His words were cut off the by the rustling sounds of the leaves. Before long, Appa had appeared in our field of vision. “SooJin, what are you doing here?!” he asked in surprise, his eyes widened once he saw me.

 

“Appa, how could you do this to him?!” I yelled angrily, “I’ve already told you that it’s not his fault. How could you leave him to die here?”

 

“What?! To die?” Appa asked, acting innocent.

 

Too bad for him, I could see through all the act. In that moment of anger, I took MinWoo’s hand and led him inside the woods to run away from my father.

 

“Yah, Kim SooJin! What the hell are you talking about?!!” he yelled after us but I didn’t stop. I kept running at full speed with the plastic bag in one hand, and MinWoo’s hand held tightly in another. I kept on venturing deep inside the woods until I was sure that we were safe from Appa. In my mind, all that mattered was MinWoo’s safety from Appa, and the big bad wolf of course.

 

I stopped at a tree and sat down wearily, leaning my back against the bark of the tree; my energy was drained. MinWoo gazed down at me and blinked in confusion. Poor thing, he must be so terrified.

 

“SooJin, uh, why are we running from your father?” he asked.

 

“Because he has left you alone in this forest to die for making me ‘pregnant’,” I said, making air quote.

 

MinWoo blinked rapidly. “No, he didn’t,” he replied, “He was just going a few feet away from where I was to pee.”

 

It was my turn to blink rapidly as I gazed up at him. “So it was just nature call?!” I shrieked, “He wasn’t going to leave you alone?”

 

MinWoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter