Paparazzi

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Credits: surika


 

 

“What.The.Hell.Are.You.Doing.On.Me?”
-Kwon MinWoo



12 | Paparazzi


BREAKING NEWS: The Identity of Seoul Superwoman is Finally Revealed - Fiancee of a Multi-million Dollar Heir?


Seoul, 29.04.2011 – Fans of the mysterious superhero can finally rejoice when the identity of the Seoul Superwoman has finally been revealed but with an interesting twist of the story. This new lead regarding the invisible superhero was enlightened to us by a trustworthy source, none other than the grandfather of the said heir.

Mr. Kwon MooWon, a prominent figure in South Korea’s world of entrepreneurship who is also the founder and Chairman of KMW Electronics, a multi-billion dollar company and one of Asia’s leading electronics companies, has admitted to this fact in an exclusive phone interview with Seoul Daily. His grandson, Mr. Kwon MinWoo, one of the country’s most eligible bachelors who is widely known for his devastatingly handsome features and great intelligence but always with a bit of an attitude towards others, was told to have proposed to his girlfriend, who also happens to be the previously unknown superhero, earlier this week. 

This came as a surprise as Kwon MinWoo is best known for rejecting our nation’s top actress, Ms. Park JinAe’s love, a few months ago which thus resulted in the latter to scandalously tell the whole world that the former was a “cold bas*ard”. Kwon MinWoo had never came forth to deny this rumour and it just died down on its own after a few days with Park JinAe sudden resignation from acting to further her study in the United States.

Both Kwon MinWoo and Park JinAe had remained under the radar until this sudden announcement from his grandfather that will soon shake the whole nation.

“I’m ecstatic to share the good news that the Seoul Superwoman, whose real name is Kim SooJin, is going to marry my grandson, Kwon MinWoo next month. As of now, they’re happily engaged. My family and I are over the moon to soon have such a noble and inspiring woman in our family,” Mr. Kwon MooWon had said.

A business analyst had said that this sudden move taken by the Chairman of KMW Electronics came as no surprise since the multi-billion dollar company is in dire need of a good publicity to boost its shares. The company’s shares have been constantly dropping over the past months with the competition from other mega companies like Samsung and LG which has seen rapid growth globally over the past few years. It certainly doesn’t give the company any help after the scandal between Kwon MinWoo and Park JinAe broke out and the company has been hit with negative press ever since.

Here is a bit of an info regarding the handsome heir. Kwon MinWoo is a 25 year old bachelor who is also next in line to inherit the mega company after his parents were killed in a devastating car accident when he was only 12 years old. It’s been said that his father was supposed to take over the company just before the accident occurred however rumors of foul play regarding the accident has been dismissed by police. Ever since that, Kwon MinWoo was taken care by his grandfather and his aunt, his father’s younger sister, who are moulding him to take over the family business. His aunt, Kwon MiNa, has no interest to chair the company and prefers to do charity work thus the whole responsibility lies in Kwon MinWoo’s hand.

A source close to the family has said that Kwon MinWoo and Kwon MooWon have a strained relationship for years now. Some speculated that he secretly blamed his grandfather for his parents’ death, while some says that he was rather reluctant to be handed a big responsibility as to handle a mega company at such young age and thus, his rebellious ways as an act of protest. Kwon MinWoo has moved out of the family mansion to live on his own in a posh apartment when he was 23 because he wants to get out from his grandfather’s control over his life.

However, it seems that all is well again within the Kwon family with this happy news. Kwon MooWon is said to be so smitten with his soon-to-be granddaughter-in-law that he personally asked for the date of the wedding to be hastened after a meeting with her mother. He even personally planned for the whole wedding for his beloved grandson. Sources say that Seoul Superwoman has magically charmed the whole family, just like how she had charmed the whole nation. Kwon MinWoo, who is known to be cold towards the opposite gender and has turned down numerous female admirers, supposedly proposed to her after only a month of dating. It is said that even Kwon MiNa’s heart has been taken over by this big-hearted superhero.

So who exactly is this Seoul Superwoman, Ms. Kim SooJin?

This question will be answered tomorrow because Kwon MooWon has promised a press conference regarding his grandson’s engagement and the details about the beloved superhero will also be revealed.

Watch this space for more updates regarding this exciting modern day fairy tale.


***********************



Ever since I was little, I had become accustomed to waking up to the sound of the roosters crowing in the wee hours of the morning. That sweet orchestra of Mother Nature’s music never fail to wake me up. I remember being annoyed at the roosters in the earlier part of my life and would always find some things to throw at them to silence them just because they ruined my sweet dreams. 

However, after I had set foot in Seoul, oddly enough I found myself missing the annoying sound of their crowing. Every morning in my apartment, I would wait for the roosters to wake me up, but they never did.

Like they say, you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.

City people would never appreciate this kind of things. I had put on the sound of the rooster crowing as my alarm clock on the first night I was in Seoul and it had driven J.Blige mad to the max. I still remember her brief psychotic episode where she threw her pillow across the room in rage and muttered incoherent words like a madwoman. I swear, I even saw her eyes turned red. Honestly, it was a scary sight; something I wished I’d never see again.

Unfortunately for me today, instead of being greeted by the musical sound from the roosters, I was awakened by an excited shriek.

“Oh my God!! This is so romantic!!”

Hmm... the annoying voice sounded way too familiar.

*Click* 
*Click*

I rubbed my eyes and opened them sleepily, only to be greeted by the sight of Aunt Mina with the cellphone in her hand, snapping pictures of me and Mr. Kwon. She had a wide grin on her face, like the sight of us really excite her.

Then I was reminded of how Mr. Kwon was still holding my hand so I quickly let go of his grasp.

*Click*
*Click*

I wish I could just snatch that cellphone away and throw it outside the window. How can she be so annoying? And so early in the morning at that?

“Aunt Mina, can you please stop that? Please?” I said as politely as I could in my just-woken-up-from-bed raspy voice. There was once, I was mistaken as rocker Kim GunMo when I answered the phone call from my brother’s friend after I had just woken up from sleep, but that’s another story.

Aunt Mina smiled sheepishly before she snapped another picture and put the cellphone inside her large handbag. “Sorry,” she said, in no way sincere.

“Why are you here so early, Aunt Mina? How did you come in?” I asked as I got up and stretched my back. I think I had sprained all my muscles from sleeping in an awkward sitting position all night long.

“I knew the passcodes into my nephew’s house, of course,” she said matter-of-factly, like going inside her adult nephew’s home unwarranted was nothing creepy. “The reason I’m here is because I’ve brought Dr. Park with me.”

All of a sudden, as if on cue, a bespectacled, scrawny middle-aged man with a stethoscope hanging around his neck and a black bag in his hand, came into the room and gave me a genuine warm smile.

“I’m Dr. Park,” he said and extended his hand for a handshake. I shook it, “Nice to meet you. You must be Young Master’s fiancée.”

Young Master?

What is he? Some kind of prince?
I know he’s rich but he can’t be that rich to be called Young Master.

My eyebrows shot up and I took a glimpse at Aunt Mina. She was giving a look at Dr. Park, as if asking him to shut up. Dr. Park seems to catch what she was trying to tell with her eyes and immediately changed the way he addressed him.

“Let me check Yo- err.. I mean, Mr. Kwon now,” he said, busying himself being a doctor by checking for y creature’s vital signs. I couldn’t believe that he was still sleeping amidst all this.

It was either he slept like a bear or he was only faking it. No one can be sick enough to be able to ignore the kind of noise that we made.

After Dr. Park had finished with all the necessary examination, he smiled at us. “You did a very good job, Miss Kim. Mr. Kwon seems to be doing just fine. The fever has come down and he is currently in a stable condition. I think he’s going to recover very quickly,” he said.

“But why hasn’t he woken up?” Aunt Mina asked anxiously, averting her gaze towards her adult nephew with concern. The latter was still sleeping soundly on the bed, oblivious to the living world, much less to the noise that we were making.

Dr. Park let out a chuckle. “Don’t worry, he is fine. He’s sleeping, maybe because he’s tired. If he takes all the medication, he will be up and running in no time.” Dr. Park then began his explanation to me about the dosage and when to give the different medications that he had left with me for Mr. Kwon.

After the long explanation, Dr. Park excused himself to go back to his clinic and I watched on as Aunt Mina sent him out of the room. I put all the medications on the side table of the bed and just stared at y creature’s handsome face.

I was reminded by how he devastatingly asked for his mother last night, mistaking me for her in his state of delirium and I felt my heart breaking. Did Aunt Mina know how much he misses his mother? Did anyone else know that underneath all that cold exterior and rebellious demeanour, there is a vulnerable child-like man who misses his mother?

Should I tell Aunt Mina?

God, why do I sound like a boring wife already?

Wake up, Kim SooJin! You’re only 21! You’ve a full life ahead of you. To be mistaken as some old, dead mother isn’t supposed to make you feel warm inside! You’re too young to be called ‘Mother’. WAKE THE HELL UP!!

The voice inside my head was screaming in rage and I immediately rubbed the temples of my head to brush off all the thoughts away. I exhaled deeply; reminding myself to keep my cool, that this is all temporary and everything will be over soon, once Mr. Kwon explained the whole thing to his scary Haraboji. I should always maintain my distance from him.

I saw the y man flinched in his sleep so I went closer to approach him. I didn’t know what happened, but in the split second, I lost my footing and the next thing I know, I was flying through the air and landed on top of him. To make matters worse, he was awakened from his sleep by that and when his eyes fluttered open; they were looking at me in shock and disbelief.

Neither of us said anything for a few seconds.

“What.The.Hell.Are.You.Doing.On.Me?” the voice that came out of his pale lips was unnervingly calm.

“I’m sorry, I lost my footing,” I apologized. Suddenly, I felt like the temperature of the room had multiplied by 20; it was burning hot.

I tried to get up but I don’t know why my elbows were wobbly, and all of a sudden my lips were planted on his; like there was an evil force pushing me from behind to make my life miserable. His eyes went wide, mirroring mine. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest.

*Click*
*Click*

“Omo, omo, young love nowadays. Always kissing,” Aunt Mina said, still snapping pictures of us with her cellphone.

In that moment of confusion and shame, he pushed me off the bed with all his might and I was sent tumbling down onto the cold, hard tiled floor.

“OWWW!!” I groaned in pain. My body was aching all over and I think my head might have hit the floor.

“Oh my God, SooJin! Are you okay?” Aunt Mina asked with concern. She put her cellphone inside her handbag and rushed to kneel by my side. With her help, I got up to sit. “MinWoo, why do you do that to her? It’s dangerous!” Aunt Mina scolded like a mother as she rubbed my sore body all over. Oddly enough, the pain miraculously subsided, little by little, with her gentle touch. 

“Aunt Mina, when did you get here?” he asked groggily, completely ignoring the question posed to him. His eyes were closed and he casually put a hand over his forehead like nothing happened.

Aunt Mina helped me to stand up and smiled down at her nephew. “I’m here for quite some time already. It’s a good thing that you’re already awake, MinWoo-ah. I brought Dr. Park just now and he said that you’ve recovered from the fever, all thanks to SooJin. She has taken very good care of you,” she said, flashing me a warm smile.

I glared at Mr. Kwon. My body was still aching all over, no thanks to him! Is that how you pay for someone’s kindness?
If I had known yesterday, I would have left him to rot and die, that ungrateful y man!

“Omo, look at the time! I have some functions to attend,” Aunt Mina said after a quick glance at her watch, “I almost forgot to tell you MinWoo-ah. Your Haraboji has quite a delightful surprise for you today,” she said; she had a meaningful smile on face.

“Surprise?” Mr. Kwon said, quickly sitting up straight on the bed, “What kind of surprise?”

“You’ll see. It should happen anytime soon,” Aunt Mina smiled mysteriously, her eyes glinting, “I really have to go,” she said, making a move to walk out of the room. She gave me a hug before she left when I sent her to the door.

When I walked back into the room, Mr. Kwon was already in his sleeping position. I was about to yell at him for throwing me off the bed when suddenly his cellphone rang. I rushed to pick it up.

“Hello, SooJin? Is that you? Is Mr. Kwon there? This is an emergency!” SooYoung’s exasperated voice hit my ear.

“He’s here, Unnie,” I said and went to the bed to hand the phone to Mr. Kwon. He still had his eyes closed so I lifted my leg and began tickling him on the waist with my big toe to wake him up. I didn’t want to touch him with my hand, afraid that I might end up on top of him again.

He sat up straight in an instance. “What?!!” he snarled, giving me a murderous glare before snatching the cellphone from my grasp.

“SooYoung unnie. She said it’s an emergency,” I said and folded my arms across my chest as I watched him took the call.

“What? – Are you serious?!! – No, I was having a fever or else I would’ve stopped it!! – What channel?!! – What do you mean on all channel?!!!” he barked. He slammed the phone on the bed and motioned for me to get the remote control for the television in his bedroom. I quickly gave it to him and he switched on the television.

On the screen, Haraboji’s scary face appeared. “Hey, it’s Haraboji!” I exclaimed excitedly, “He’s on TV!!” 

Haroboji was sitting with a handful of microphones that had been set up on the long table in front of him. He seems to be telling something to the numerous reporters seated in front of him. His bodyguard was standing by his side, his face expressionless as usual. I could tell that Haraboji was nervous when he spoke into the microphone, judging by the way he was tapping his fingers on the table. Stated in bold, red letters at the bottom of the screen was ‘BREAKING NEWS’. I wondered what Haraboji was going to say.

“I’m pleased to announce that the wedding of my beloved grandson, Kwon MinWoo with Seoul Superwoman Kim SooJin will happen in 3 weeks time. The whole family is overjoyed that a real-life superhero who has become the darling of the country is going to be an addition to our small fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter