Dreams & Danger

Shadow Of The Moon [Second One]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of the new moon and I wasn’t feeling particularly great. It wasn’t just the affects of the new moon, but it was also the fact that I had barely slept. Every time I slept I had nightmares and woke up outside. Sleep didn’t exactly appeal to me and I had to be cautious in case Yongguk found out what I was.

I left my room after another sleepless night and made my way towards my class for my English lesson. To my surprise Kai, Sehun, Tao, Lay and Chen were all in class.

I took my seat beside Sehun and forced a small smile for him. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a bit.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked me and I sighed quietly with a shake of my head.

“I can’t sleep, and when I do I have nightmares and sleepwalk. I’m worried I’ll do something dangerous.” I confessed to him and he wrapped his arm around me.

“You could stay with me and I’ll make sure you don’t get outside.” He suggested but I just shook my head.

“Even if I did, I couldn’t always count on you. I have to stop it completely.” I told him and felt him kiss the top of my head.

 

During the break time I left the classroom to get some fresh air. I felt too cooped up in the classroom and needed to be alone. I made my way towards the dorms, swaying dizzily as I did so. I made it to my room and collapsed onto my bed weakly.

“What’s wrong with you?” A voice caught my attention and I leapt from my bed in shock, but instantly regretted it when the dizziness came back. Tao was stood at my door watching me as I sat back down on my bed.

“I just don’t feel like attending class, so please leave.” I muttered quietly but he didn’t go. He walked into my room and sat beside me on my bed. He placed his hand on my forehead and frowned in response.

“You have a fever, are you sure you’re okay?” He questioned me and I sighed.

“I’m fine, just feeling a bit rundown and tired. Can you please leave?” I questioned him quietly and he sighed.

“It’s probably just the new moon, if you’re not better tomorrow, you might need a doctor.” He told me and I nodded. He stood up and spared one last look at me before he left my room.

 

With Tao gone, I relaxed onto my bed and closed my eyes. I seemed to only sleepwalk during the night so I felt safe to sleep during the day. It didn’t take long before the sleep captured me tightly.

“Jaehee, I’ve missed you.” My mother’s voice welcomed me and I instantly felt tearful.

“Why is this happening to me? I don’t like it.” I told her and she embraced me.

“It’s the only way I can communicate.” She whispered and caressed my hair.

“Why do I sleepwalk?” I questioned her but she stayed quiet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter