Confession & Comfort

Shadow Of The Moon [Second One]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jaehee, I want you to keep the necklace safe.” The woman spoke to me whilst the two of us sat on some rocks by a peaceful lake.

“What is it? What does it mean?” I asked her but she just smiled.

“I can’t believe how well you’ve grown up, I’m sorry I missed it.” She spoke sullenly and a tear escaped the corner of her eye. She reached out her hand to my face, but as she touched my face she began to disappear. I gasped in fear and tried to reach out for her but she was gone. I jumped up from the rock and ran through the woods in search of her.

“Umma, come back, I need you with me!” I shouted through vast amount of woods but it was no good, I couldn’t find her. I collapsed onto the floor in a heap of sadness and I felt tears escape my eyes and land onto my hands.

“UMMA” I cried out and looked up towards the sky.

A cold breeze wrapped around my body and my eyes slowly opened. As soon as they had focused I sighed to myself and sat up from where I was lying on the ground. The sunlight streamed through the trees and I climbed to my feet. Why was that still happening to me? It had been a couple of weeks since I had started to wake up in the woods again and I was really confused about the whole situation.

“Out here again, maybe you should get checked out?” Yongguk’s voice stole my attention and I saw him approach me. He handed me his jacket and I thankfully took it then put it on.

“I will, but I have a specific doctor that I have to see.” I informed him and he just nodded in understanding.

“Yongguk Oppa!” JiEun’s voice shouted happily as we reached the edge of the forest. She noticed me beside Yongguk and pouted cutely. “You sleepwalked again?” She asked in disbelief and I just nodded sadly.

“But remember, no telling the others.” I reminded them and they nodded in agreement. I handed Yongguk his coat back and waved to both of them as I entered the dorms.

 

I collapsed onto my bed as my dream replayed in my head. That was my mother? I was surprised that I had forgotten so much about her. I lay there for a while until it was time for me to get ready for class.

As my mind wondered away from my dream something popped into my head, why were JiEun and Yongguk always awake so early? Do they have something scheduled for the same time every morning?

I departed from my room feeling more tired than I usually did of a morning. The nightmares and sleepwalking had begun to make me feel weary.

I made my way down the corridor of the dorms alone since Yoona’s guitar lessons had started up again. Sehun was outside the building as usual but I wasn’t as excited to see him as I was on other days. All of my problems were building up and it was getting harder and harder to pretend everything was okay.

 

“Sehun-ah, I need to talk to you.” My voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter